Chapter 1: The Farm
541 1 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Hello! I'm the author, and I'm here to welcome you, as you were attracted to this book! It has some inspirations on Shepherding Humanity (also, if you don't know it, I heavily recommend it)! Anyway, I hope that you can give me some feedback, as it is extremely important for me. Sincere greetings from your dear author, ONi.

In the vast universe, there is only one thing that most beings agreed, ''The universe is fair...''

Just like mortals, the powerful beings that stood at the peak of the universe also had an end to their lifespan. Beings whose power could shatter planets and destroy an entire solar system wailed, not accepting their destiny! Why must they, just like the pitiful mortals they can crush beneath their feet, also die because of their limited lifespan?

This is why the beings thought of the universe as fair, because despite being as powerful as they were, the beings who could rule multiple galaxies could also die. They were born from the universe, and also died because of the universe.

The universe is fair.

That's what they thought, not expecting unfairness to be born.

Just as a being wailed angrily...

Countless galaxies away, Milky Way, within Earth.

A young man sighed while shaking his head, 'What's the use knowing this? Before knowing the problem of these people, I must deal with my own problems... Alas, it seems that knowing everything isn't that useful...'

The young man looked at the streets around him while holding his smartphone, 'That one farm is still kind of far... I guess it'll take half an hour before arriving.'

He's named Ethan Howard, both parents died when he was around 16 due to a car accident, and he finished his studies with the money left. Ethan lived an ordinary life purposefully, because he was everything but ordinary. He was born with a power, by human terms, known as 'Omniscience'.

When he was just born, his consciousness was still too weak to hold that power, so it was sealed by itself. It took a few years before Ethan could actively control it, suppressing its natural development. Omniscience wasn't just knowing everything, it was also seeing everything, the history behind an object, the past and future of a stone, for example. 

He just turned 18 this year, the legal age in the country he lives at, United States. His father was born and raised at the U.S, while his mother is chinese. Ethan is around 1.8 meters tall, he inherited his father's blond hair, but his mother's facial features, making him look kind of unique, 'By the time they died, I couldn't see the past and future of people... I couldn't save them, that's kind of ironic.'

Someone who knows everything and see everything couldn't save his parents from a car accident, 'And I blame myself, but I also know that they died with no regrets...'

Ethan left the state he lived throughout his 18 years of life and arrived at California, where the farm he inherited from his parents was being taken care by people he hired. His living conditions were pretty good, as their farm was doing good due to their cattle production, 'But I can already feel the new power within myself... It is the key to start dealing with my problems.'

When his parents died, Ethan was deeply affected emotionally. As such, he decided to stop suppressing his power and actively develop it, which is why he could see the scene a few moments ago, but it also led him to discover a huge problem he would need to deal with...

Earth was being watched by aliens. 

There were humanoid beings in the moon watching and monitoring Earth, and the major countries knew it, 'They made deals with them, getting more technology for Earth civilization, but they don't know what awaits us...'

Ethan remembered the scene he saw around a month ago as the two humanoid beings responsible for monitoring Earth talked, ''This civilization is developing too slowly, even after they bought technology from us, they didn't make true use of it to advance greatly...''

''We have been watching this civilization for hundreds of years. The higher-ups have decided that its potential is high, but they were limited by their own nature, so we must start with 'that' plan.''

Ethan didn't know exactly what it meant with 'that' plan, as currently, he couldn't see the past and future of a being without touching them. However, he knew that Earth civilization was deemed to have high potential, so it wouldn't just be annihilated, but he also knew a truth, 'Earth civilization can only greatly advance with great disasters... The past wars prove it.'

But he wasn't discouraged, in fact, Ethan had a goal. He wanted to make sure that when the plan mentioned by these humanoid beings was launched, he would have enough strength to defend himself, 'The new power that I awakened this week will be the starting point to develop myself, and the farm will be the perfect ground to use it!'

After taking a bus, Ethan walked for another ten minutes before arriving at a huge entrance with a beautifully carved sign with the words [Howard Farm] written in it. After calling the person he hired to manage the farm, it didn't take long before a somewhat fat middle-aged man around 1.7 meters tall opened the gate and greeted him politely, ''Mr. Howard, you've finally decided to visit your farm! I've taken care of it as you wished, and through your instructions, the production has reached a peak never recorded before in the history of the farm!''

The middle-aged man is named Arthur Anthony, and is a trusted manager hired by Ethan. He already worked at the farm before, but not as the manager. However, Ethan knew that his potential as a manager was extremely good, which is why he decided to hire him, ''That's good, Arthur. I didn't come to visit, rather, I'm going to live in the farm from now on.''

''Mr. Howard, could it be that my service wasn't in your expectations?'' Arthur asked while feeling worried, as he knew that since a young age, Ethan didn't have an interest in the farm at all.

Hearing what he said, Ethan shook his head, ''Don't worry, you'll still be managing the farm, I'll just start personally living there since I finished my studies. I don't plan on going to a university, as it would be a waste of time to me. I just need you to prepare a piece of land around the main house, it doesn't need to be too big.''

Arthur felt relieved before patting his own chest, ''As you wish, Mr. Howard! I'll notify our workers to start preparing the land, do you have any observations for it?''

Nodding, Ethan walked alongside Arthur towards the main house, though it was actually a mansion, before pointing towards the land behind it, ''This used to be a big playground my parents made for me when I was younger, but they removed it after I got older. I want you to make it like this one drawing I made.''

Taking a paper from his pocket, Ethan handed it to Arthur, who got amazed by the drawings. In the paper were carefully drawn mountains connected by lakes, there were two lands, as if representing two continents, separated by a huge ocean. There were also some words indicating that it should be like a world made for ants, as such, it would be small for human beings, but would be like a true world for ant-sized beings.

''By the way, the lakes should be filled with lake water, same goes for ocean.'' Ethan said before entering the house, leaving a somewhat puzzled Arthur, who nodded before getting to work. 

Meanwhile, Ethan looked at the insides of the house, it was very clean because he hired people to clean it. Sitting in the sofa, he thought of his next plans, 'Before, despite having 'Omniscience', I suppressed its development for 16 years. In just two years actively developing it, I actually felt another power.'

In Ethan's eyes, reality wasn't as complicated as everyone defined it. It was if the world was made of nodes that connected with each other, and these nodes held huge information, which Ethan defined as space, time, and matter. In the past two years, he could observe and see it, but couldn't do anything with it, however, the power he was awakening was a perfect match to 'Omniscience'.

With his 'Omniscience', it was easy to understand what the new power was, it was 'Omnipotence'. Ethan had a general knowledge of what it would allow him to do, 'Although I have Omniscience and Omnipotence, it actually isn't it, not yet. I'm limited by my own body strength, my own mind strength. I have no way to strengthen it, at least... I didn't.'

...

A week passed, and the project he handed to Arthur was already finished. Looking at the land in front of him, Ethan saw the small-sized constructions made in it. In the perspective of an ant, mountains towered over the skies, lakes went from one mountain to the other and a huge ocean separated two continents.

'This is what will define the success of my plan!'

Then, Ethan slowly extended his hand towards the nodes of reality, his mind brought to a huge world of information.

Ey! I know that you're seeing this note, don't ignore it! I'm not going to ask you anything difficult, it's just that if you're enjoying or plans to keep reading the novels, please recommend it to your friends, leave some feedback in the comments, leave a like in the chapter and a rating for the novel! This will keep me motivated to write more, and that's pretty much it, thanks for reading!

11