Chapter 14: Invite
295 4 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A good while has passed since the last ''slice of life'' chapter has been posted, as it was more focused on the World of Origin. This chapter is more focused on his interactions, as I've said a few chapters ago, a balance is needed. Also, if you guys are feeling extremely kind today, please add the novel to your reading list, don't forget to leave a rating for the novel, a comment and a like for the chapter! That's all I need, enjoy the chapter!

Ethan was lying in the sofa in a carefree posture, as if nothing could worry him. The World of Origin was entirely visible to his eyes, and he was observing it from the outside instead of the inside! Through Spiritual Energy, Ethan divided his consciousness in two, one was quietly assimilating the nodes of reality around his whole farm while the other was observing his World.

'Ah, yes... The time difference!' Suddenly, Ethan thought of the time difference, he was lazing around in such a carefree manner that he even forgot about it. 

Time set to 100 years in the Immortal Realm equals to 10.000 years in the Mortal Realm

10.000 years in the Mortal Realm = one day in the outside.

It was a very good feeling to simply laze around with no care about the outside, Ethan knew that in a short time, no huge benefits would be brought to him by the World of Origin. Parallel consciousness plus Soul Sense was something Ethan did after deciding to assimilate all nodes of reality in his farm.

And it also increased the efficiency of [Assimilation]. Even after just a few hours passed, more than ten nodes of reality were assimilated by his parallel consciousness. Ethan's Body and Soul were infinitely stronger compared to before, it must be noted that although he doesn't have Immortal Qi, he was much stronger than someone at the Pure Immortal Realm.

His strength was an accumulation of all living beings in the World of Origin, and it wasn't something as simple as their sum. Not to mention that all their comprehended Dao were further upgraded by his Omniscience in terms of knowledge. As such, Ethan could easily assimilate the nodes of reality in the farm.

It's just that while more than ten nodes of reality were assimilated in just a few hours, there were thousands of nodes throughout the farm, as it is quite big. According to his rate of assimilation, this sub-task would be completed by his parallel consciousness in a month or so.

Of course, as Ethan's Body and Soul is adapting to its new power, he'll take less time in each assimilation of the nodes.

At this time, he felt someone approaching, 'Is this Arthur? Hm... I thought I've said that I was going to rest, no?'

In response to his thoughts, Arthur did appear. He entered the main house and politely knocked the door separating him from Ethan's courtyard, and so he said, ''Mr. Howard, I know you've said that you were going to rest, but I believe this is important.''

Ethan thought for a moment while expanding his Soul Sense. As soon as it ''touched'' Arthur, Omniscience acted, memories in form of images slowly appeared in his mind, 'Being able to use this to see the past and future is more convenient than needing to physically touch someone...'

Although he already knew what Arthur wanted to talk about, Ethan said, ''You can come in. Since it's important, then I should stop resting for a moment.''

After receiving Ethan's permission, Arthur entered the courtyard and still saw the same barren land as before, ''Ahem... Mr. Howard, now that you've officially taken over the Howard Farm, our business partners wanted to have a meeting with you. According to them, they're not actually wanting an official meeting, but something like a party to ''know'' you better.''

Nodding, Ethan knew that this was indeed the case. From two years to now, Ethan was just giving guidance to Arthur in order to keep the farm in its perfect state. As such, all meetings were held with Arthur, not Ethan.

Official meetings were still left for Arthur to attend. However, now that Ethan is living and taking care of the farm, his business partners decided together to make a party to know Ethan better. All in all, they wanted to keep themselves friendly to him.

The Howard Farm, located at California, is actually one of the biggest farms in the whole area. It wasn't like this in the past, but under Ethan's guidance in the past two years, their products were of the highest quality. Most of the source of income from the elite actually comes from investments and capital gain, but Ethan's products attracted their attention.

Their main business with the Howard Farm is actually buying meat, as it is of the highest quality and has a taste beyond comparison. They wanted to know how such a meat is cultivated, but Ethan always declined. Each piece of meat sold is sky-high in price, the crops are also sought by them, though not as much as the meat.

Some of their business partners are the elite of the US, and so they know each other as having more contacts is better, which is how they were able to organize a party together.

Only the elite would be able to attend it, and Ethan is naturally included in it, 'Being rich is good as I can spend money without worries, but these parties are very annoying. I was able to avoid it for the past two years, but now...'

Refusing would be too impolite, maintaining a good relationship is perfect for both sides. If it was before, Ethan wouldn't care about it as these humanoid beings would start their 'plan', but he was sure that it would have no effect now that he had gotten stronger.

It took him more than a month of planning with Omniscience to start his project of creating the World of Origin, and the efforts were paid with his current strength. With a small smile, Ethan said, ''I see. Arthur, please notify them that I'll be attending the party. Oh, can you tell me where and when it'll happen? Do you want to come along?''

''I'll notify them, Mr. Howard! According to what they said, the party will be held a week later in New Jersey, I'll send the specific address to you. While I do wish to come, I'll stay and help to keep the farm in a good state while you're away.'' Arthur said while shaking his head, politely refusing the offer.

''I'll also prepare a few bodyguards to follow you.'' After some careful thought, Arthur said. Although Ethan didn't like it, he was a rising multi-millionaire, and so his manager was worried that someone might try to do something stupid.

Ethan declined this offer, as it truly wasn't needed, ''Don't worry. I can guarantee to you that nothing will happen.''

Feeling somewhat speechless, Arthur thought while feeling a bit worried, 'Mr. Howard surely is a bit careless, but it's not like I can force him to have bodyguards with him...'

Sighing, Arthur decided to leave. Just as he was leaving, Ethan suddenly said, ''Arthur, may I ask you something?''

Pausing for a moment, Arthur nodded as his boss asked, ''Do you believe in the Supernatural? I don't mean ghosts and spirits, but things like people with power to destroy stars, gods, etc.''

For a moment, they fell in silence as Arthur felt that this question was a bit weird and too sudden, ''Uh... Mr. Howard, I don't believe that there is someone looking over us, but I do think that things like ghosts and spirits exist. Perhaps, there is indeed beings that can destroy stars, there is no reason for it not to exist. Why do you ask?''

It was a sensitive question, but Arthur had nothing to hide in front of his current boss and the boy he saw growing up. Ethan nodded after hearing this answer, ''You know, there is no reason. I was just curious about what you thought, I was seeing some supernatural series and felt curious, that's all.''

''It's good that you're resting, Mr. Howard! I'll go back to work, I hope you enjoy the party!'' Arthur felt inexplicably happy after hearing what Ethan said, it seemed that the young man was finally resting a bit.

Ethan looked in the direction that Arthur left, his eyes seemed to be as deep as the mysteries hidden in the universe.

'Well, I guess I have a party to attend. Before I go, though... I need to start this new project!'

Oh, hello there! You've arrived at the end of the chapter, congratz! Thanks for reading!

11