Chapter 18: Journey of a Devourer
280 4 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Jormungand delved in the outer circle of the forest, it was quietly analyzing the information it heard from other beasts. Most of them were unintelligent, but they still spoke the most primordial language. The forest is divided into outer circle, inner circle and core circle.

The deeper one walked in the forest, the stronger the beasts. It was even rumored that the Lord of this forest is a powerful Fire Dragon, and it is a Tier 2 Beast, standing at the peak of this region!

Before Jormungand was sent to this world, the Abyss World was created for around 200 years. With the experience of the World of Origin, he created a world that deviated from the Cultivation Path and quickly made them go throughthe Sorcerer Path.

Different from the World of Origin, the Abyss World only had a few races: Beastkin, Human, Elf, Dwarf, and Demon Race.

Beastkin included Beasts and Demi-Humans, beings born from beasts and humans. Elves were creatures that lived deep in the forest, born from the Tree of Life, they have a naturall affinity to Nature, being uniquely beautiful. Dwarves are short beings similar to humans, generally muscular and masters at the Art of Forging. Humans were the most balanced beings, they weren't born as talented to Nature and Mana like elves, nor were had the powerful bodies of the Beastkin.

However, humans were the highest in numbers, geniuses with the power to stand at the peak gradually appeared. It must be noted that the Beastkin only includes intelligent Beasts and Demi-Humans, as they are born with wisdom. Unintelligent beasts that rose in strength and gained wisdom are also considered Beastkin.

The Demon Race was already known, they were masters at the Art of the Soul, being able to infect the soul of others. They also had powerful bodies, longing for stronger power for themselves. Despite enjoying fighting as much as they enjoy the Art of the Soul, the Demons always kept their rationality, being cunning and using plans to win their battles.

All in all, Jormungand was quietly gathering knowledge about this strange world, 'This is a truly interesting world! The world I used to live must also be created by father, but it isn't as amazing as this one! I must complete the objective given to me by father and make this world prosper!'

'Such a beautiful world must prosper!' Jormungand felt extremely determined, for it was an objective given to it by its father.

It couldn't think of Ethan as anything else, as it felt that he was closer to it than its very mother. A certain lazy creator would surely feel shocked upon knowing that he suddenly became its father. 

Just as Jormungand was planning for the future, its stomach rumbled like thunder. The small animals it was preying for hours heard it, and quickly ran away, 'Nooooo! Stupid stomach, why must you do this!'

Shaking its head, Jormungand's eyes shone with the light of wisdom. It felt very hungry, but its prey ran away. 

Suddenly, a dangerous feeling flooded its mind. As if a predator was staring at its prey, Jormungand's slit pupils shrank while instinctively swimming through the ground, and so a claw fell on the ground it once stood.

Another snake was staring at Jormungand, its scales were black in color, shining with the luster of an endless abyss. Its eyes were red like blood, as if to hold an unconcealed intent to kill. Jormungand, however, didn't feel scared, 'An ordinary snake, but it seems to have some bloodline of a higher-tier beast. It's still no match for me, though...'

As both snakes stared at each other, Jormungand was the first to attack! It pounced on the red-eyed snake with great strength, its speed shocked the snake, not expecting the prey to suddenly become the predator! 

It was a pity... The red-eyed snake met a naturally-born Tier 1 Beast, Jormungand. Even though it had no combat experience, no ordinary mortal can fight the weakest transcendent being. Even if a cultivator of the Open Body Realm, for example, was at the last day of his lifespan, an ordinary mortal wouldn't be able to harm him.

That was the gap between ordinary beings and transcendent beings.

The same logic was being applied now, Jormungand was way stronger than the red-eyed snake. In no time, Jormungand's body pressed the red-eyed snake, and it struggled to no avail. The pressure exerted by Jormungand suddenly increased, leaving no chance for its enemy.

Upon death, the red-eyed snake despaired, but it couldn't let a sound out of its mouth, for its insides were crushed. Jormungand stared at the body for a moment, its stomach rumbling with hunger. Its mouth suddenly opened wide, devouring the whole red-eyed snake with a single bite!

At that moment, the power hidden within its bloodline transformed by Ethan suddenly acted. The red-eyed snake was transformed into the purest kind of energy, not only improving Jormungand's Mana but also its bloodline. Of course, as the devoured snake was just an ordinary snake, the improvement was minimal.

The words [Devouring Power] were transmitted to its mind. With it, more information appeared in its mind, 'Every Tier, my bloodline will awaken a new power belonging to my race! This is kind of amazing!'

Jormungand's eyes showed extreme joy. It knew deeply that the means of getting stronger like this and even upgrading something that was set by nature, the bloodline, is something truly amazing! At the same time, it wondered what kind of race the World-Devouring Snake is, for such a strong race would've stood at the peak of any world.

As this thought wandered by its mind, it felt inexplicably sad, as if something was telling it that the World-Devouring Snake race was no more. 

'Perhaps my father, the one who can create everything, is giving a second chance to my race! That must be it! My goal is not only to make this world prosper, but also to restore the glory of this race!' Under the 'baseless' theory formulated by Jormungand, it felt more determined than ever. 

A task given by its father must be completed, no matter what! Not to mention that restoring the glory of its race was extremely important, it would be beneficial to Jormungand.

With determination to get stronger, the young snake went to hunt in the inner cicle, as Tier 1 Beasts would be there. It would be more dangerous, but it also understood that without facing danger, it would be no different from a coward. Of course, Jormungand wouldn't provoke beings overwhelmingly stronger than it, for it isn't stupid.

It was unknown even to Jormungand, but the determination that appeared at the beginning of its journey would prove to be the fuel that led to its success.

...

Meanwhile, in the outside, Ethan was eating some snacks while taking care of some accumulated reports. In no time, they were completed and so he gave new instructions to Arthur, as to increase the efficiency of production. With a quick glance, he saw that Jormungand had officially started its journey.

After a thought, he said inwardly, 'Internal system, start another file. All the way from Tier 1 to Tier 5, record Jormungand's journey. That file shall be named 'Journey of a Devourer'. Yes, that's a good name!'

New file created. Focus of the file: World-Devouring Snake - Jormungand.

File name: Journey of a Devourer

Status: Ongoing

Current progress: Tier 1.

While feeling satisfied with his naming sense, Ethan suddenly felt something was a bit off...

''Wait... Did it just call me father?''

This note is somewhat important, please read it.

So, as stated in the chapter, most of the informations of the Abyss World transmitted to you, readers, are known by Jormungand. The informations of the Abyss World will be transmitted by Jormungand, meaning that I'll be taking a different route from the World of Origin. Instead of the original creator's perspective, the Abyss World will follow Jormungand's perspective. I think this is a very interesting approach. Leave your thoughts about this on the comments, many thanks for reading!

Oh, don't forget to add the novel to your reading list, leave a rating for the novel and a comment for the chapter! If possible, leave a like for the chapter, it's very important to me. Once again, thanks for reading.

9