Chapter 10
100 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After the two masters from Xusun Pavilion left, Yang went inside his house, where Mig greeted him. He placed his manuals onto the ground and looked inside the mirror. His text had changed once again: "Uncultured 172". After he was done observing his number, he gently put the mirror down then looked at the books. First, he grabbed those that he had won as a prize.

 

The books seemed to contain basic knowledge of cultivation, except the last one, which was some sort of martial art. As for the one Dsuo gave him, the moment he touched it, a red text appeared above it: "Required 500; Foundation Conception 3". Yang tried to open it but to no avail, but he didn't want to force it so that he wouldn't damage it.

 

Yang: What could that text be? Maybe it has some sort of connection with my number?

 

He gave up on opening, so he put the manual down, then he walked over to Mig, who was heating the meat for him, and he took a slice of half cold meat. He started munching on the food and noticed that Mig was looking at him with curiosity in her eyes.

 

Mig: Erm... Can I ask... W-what those items are that you brought back?

Yang: I was given four manuals and a mirror. I believe two of the manuals are about the basics of cultivation one is a martial skill or art; I don't exactly know. But as for the last one, I don't know.

Mig: What happened out there for you to be given these items?

Yang: well... I was told that the one who came to meet me in person was the sect master of Xu...I don't know what Pavilion and gave me some sort of test.

Mig: You mean the Xusun Pavilion?

Yang: Yeah, something like that.

Mig: You must be very interesting... if such a big shot came to meet you personally.

Yang: Big shot? He didn't seem that important to me, but I could tell he was strong. By the way, would you like to read the manuals while I finish eating?

Mig: I-I don't think I deserve to read such manuals... also... I am a very slow reader and... since this is yours, by me reading it, you would lose precious time which you could spend on reading.

Yang: Why are you so negative, and why are you saying you don't deserve it? Everyone has the right to do so, even if you say you don't have since you stated that this is MY book, the I have the authority to allow you to read it. How's that?

Mig: W-well, I can't argue with that, but you should still be the first to read them.

Yang: Fine, after I am finished here, I will read it. THEN you can read it if you are interested.

Mig: Thank you for the opportunity.

 

Yang continued eating, and soon he finished with his meat, then he went over to the two manuals about cultivation. One of them had a Roman numeral"I" on its cover, while the other had a Roman numeral "II" on its cover, so he opened the first one. The moment he opened said manual, he was shocked; he felt like he memorized the whole page just by looking at it.

 

Yang started flipping through the book, then he grabbed the second one and flipped the pages in that one as well. Finally, he picked up both of the books and gave them to Mig.

 

Mig: W-wait, are you serious?! You read it that fast?!

Yang: Yes... somehow I managed to do that; not even I know how I did it. I will leave you alone to read the manuals and try to understand; I will go out for a bit and try utilizing what I have learned.

Mig: A-alright...

 

Yang left Mig alone, and he walked next to his demolished house and sat down and crossed his legs.

 

Yang: I think I am starting to understand what that text was about above that book... Cultivation is an exciting and new thing. The first realm one can achieve is "Foundation Conception"; it has five stages. So I assume I need to reach the third stage within the first realm... But what could that number be?... wait! Could it be related to one's strength, like in some games or novels? How unfortunate... I didn't read many books or play games, so currently, I am in the dark.

 

Yang closed his eyes and started concentrating.

 

Yang: It was written that one must collect Qi from the surroundings to advance in their cultivation... how great I know what it wrote, but I don't know what it means. Let's just imagine that I am a vacuum cleaner and that Qi is the dust I must collect.

6