Chapter 29
30 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After about an hour, Yang ate all of his berries he found a devastated village. The village was quiet and had a giant black portal in its centre. The gate was surrounded by gigantic, dead flies. None of them had wings, and all of them had holes all around their bodies.

 

Yang: What the hell happened here?!

 

Before Yang could have investigated the area more, he heard a loud buzz sound, and once he looked up, he noticed a fly above the portal. The fly was no ordinary one. It was almost human-like. However, it was in one place, but once it landed, it stood and walked upright on two legs, and the fly used their other four limbs as hands.

 

Although the beast's central part was human-like, their limbs stayed the same. The monster was looking at Yang, and before Yang could have readied his axe, the beast darted at him. The fly used one of their upper limbs to punch Yang, but this attempt was intercepted by Yang's axe.

 

Yang was surprised, for he didn't really feel the attack of the beast. But he was not given time to rest because he heard a cracking sound and another gate appeared behind him. The fly used this chance and punched Yang's axe out of his hand. The axe fell into the portal, and before Yang was able to react, he was kicked in the face, but he barely felt the attack.

 

Yang: Finally, someone who I can probably beat.

 

Yang unleashed a devastating blow right after tanking the kick, but the fly was too agile, and while dodging Yang's attack, they performed an uppercut which also yielded nothing. Yang wanted to grab his opponent's hand, but he was too slow, and his opponent unleashed punches of barrage upon Yang. Although it was not painful for Yang, his body started to feel numb.

 

Yang followed his opponent's example and started punching rapidly, but to no avail. All of his attempts were evaded, but all incoming attacks were successfully delivered. And while Yang didn't manage to even touch his opponent, the fly's attacks got more and more precise, and they were aimed at Yang's chin, throat and left part of his chest. Also, the barrage of punches started to accelerate, and Yang was slowly being pushed back.

 

Yang: What the hell is up with this speed??!! I must see your weakness to counter this speed of yours!

 

Yang wanted to use his unique ability to see his opponent's skeleton. Still, once he started using it, he couldn't see anything from the fly's date because the whole image was moving so fast it created afterimages. Yang could only see that the fly's number had two digits.

 

Yang decided to dash to the side, but the fly was faster and appeared behind him without him noticing and continued their ever-accelerating attacks. Yang almost ran out of options, so as fast as he could, he punched the ground with all of his strength, creating a cloud of dust.

 

Using the dust as a cover, he dashed away, but the fly's wings cleared the dust soon, and the moment Yang was noticed, the fly spit some sort of green liquid at him. Yang jumped to the side; how clever of him, for the liquid melted the ground.

 

Yang: That is one hell of an acid! I must think of something... quickly!

 

Yang wanted to run in circles around the fly who was about to spit another dose of acid, but a red chain was launched from the newly opened portal, which wrapped around Yang, and then pulled him inside the gate.

1