(META) What the FAQ Did I Just Read?! (First Time Readers)
34 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement

TL;DR: Wanting something a bit weird but new to read? Then click on ahead to experience the full story!

>Urban Fantasy with Homebrew/Original Elements
>Deals with a near-identical reality like ours, impacted/molded by fantasy becoming the norm and how to deal with it
>A YA story--but doesn't fall into the flawless Protag/Romance Hell pitfalls
>Deals with angst and "whiny" emotions, but the setting and the weird phenomenon will make the exploration of the characters strange, interesting and relatable. 
>Progression elements, but instead of surges of power and strength, there's innovation, versatility and improvements made to a semi-modular power system
>On the darker side, deals with hopelessness, victory isn't just earned--but has to be created to become real and achievable. 
>Very surreal, but it forces very real humanity and "realness" out of the characters and setting.

Hey all! Thanks for morbid-clicking this fiction. If you wanna read on and forgo this little FAQ, proceed and I hope I surprise you. If you're the one needing a little more persuasion; then I'll try my best.

For you trope-y bunch, this is a head-tilting mix of Kamen RiderBuffy the Vampire SlayerKingdom Hearts and Neon Genesis Evangelion. Yeah. That's more or less the mood, tone and direction of story I'm going for.

This is going to be a weird story. If you're looking for something kinda different, kinda new, then you've come to the right place. At the heart of this story, I just wanted to make something unique in a sea of same-old and trends and franchises. Not mocking anyone who does--fuck, I love said franchises, but I do admit missing the time of my life just flipping through something and discovering a new series to check out.

First off, this is an Urban Fantasy YA story. Ew--yeah I know--but this is just to make a point of something. At the end of the day, you can do a lot with a genre. So while you will go through teen angst, I'm going to be avoiding the usual pitfills. Blackhole romance, everyone loving the MC, MC doing everything--nah. Also, the fantasy is homebrewed, so no werewolves or anything.

I know this is going to be a dealbreaker to some, but also, this is not going to be a weak-to-strong story, nor cultivation, nor LitRPG. If anything, they're gonna suck at using their gifts until they get better at it--and even then, that doesn't mean victory. It's not what one has, it's what they do with it. So these fights and action sequences will be very scrappy and very hard earned.

Finally, this is going to be a daaaaark story. Not just in terms of gore or disturbing themes, but there will be long stretches of story where shit sucks and things are a bummer for a while. Not only that, it's more that Life itself is the Big Bad, more over than the actual story one.

...So yeah, all that thrown together--WHY even write this thing? Well... There's something interesting about humanity that I always gravatate towards. Even while beaten, broken, says everything sucks... We can move along until something harsher than our wills or minds crumbles that into dust. I'm interested in that diacomony. I wanna explore that. So this series at the end of the day, is about people trying to figure life out and goes through shit and ends up understanding it... Realizing that they survived all this shit and they're still here.

After all, that counts for something... Right?

If you wanna see if it does or not, then click that next page button.

Comment your thoughts and thank you, once again.

1