Chapter 8
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Kizuna let Penny into the house. Kizuna suspected that Penny might just be a random person wanting to do something evil and might not be Thomas's friend, but she'd wait and see how it goes.

"So, tell me." Penny asked, "Why would Thomas visit you? What have you said to him that makes him want to meet you?"

"I just asked him if he wants to meet up, that's all." Kizuna replied.

"I really want to see what's so good about you." Penny looked at the female robot, "You seem like a normal robot. A dog to its master. You don't seem so pretty at all. You don't sound seductive too. I really don't know how Thomas wants to spend time with you instead of me."

"Who are you, exactly?" Kizuna asked. At this point, she was confused about why Penny is asking so many questions. Unfortunately, she does not know who Penny actually is.

"You'd like to know? Fine, I'll tell you." Penny walked near to Kizuna, "I am Penny, Thomas's girlfriend. And I hate the two of you hanging out together."

"We are just friends, Ms Penny." Kizuna retorted, "We are nothing more than that."

"Look, Kizuna, I don't know what you're plotting, but you'd better leave my boyfriend alone." Penny growled, "I don't want you anywhere near him. I should be the one spending time with him, not you."

"But he's my only friend!"

"Then go find some other friends! Leave Thomas alone! He is mine, and mine only, not yours!"

"We are only friends, I swear..." Kizuna is interrupted by Penny, who slapped the former's face.

"You can lie to me, but you can't fool me." Penny glared at Kizuna, "If I ever see you meet Thomas ever again, I'll make sure you'll never see him again." She then stormed out of the house. Kizuna sat on the sofa and stared at the front with a feeling of sadness.


At night, Thomas finished showering and sat on his bed. He is wondering why Penny was so quiet throughout dinner. Usually, she would talk to him or his mother about her daily stuff, be it her personal problems or daily news. Today was an exceptional case. She was so quiet he could hear the crickets outside of the house.

As he is thinking about it, Penny came into the room and went to her wardrobe.

"Hey, Penny, are you okay?" He asked. She just ignored him and continued to find for her pajamas.

"Dear, please talk." Thomas begged, "I don't know what kind of problem you might be facing right now, but we can talk it out and I can try to help you."

Penny turned to Thomas, "You lied to me, and you act like nothing's wrong."

"Lied? Did I?"

"Stop denying. I followed you this morning." Penny said, "You lied to me just to see that fucking bitch. Am I considered your girlfriend or not?"

"Look, Penny, I got a reason..."

"What reason could you possibly give? I don't want to hear it anyways." Penny told him, "All I know is that you lied to me. I'm your girlfriend, Thomas Springfield. How could you do this to me? You are mine. You are my boyfriend. You are not that stupid pink ass bitch's boyfriend. You reflect on yourself before talking to me again." She then went into the bathroom and slammed the door shut.

Thomas sighed. He knew he screwed up this time, and he owes her an explanation. He waited for her to finish bathing while he thought of comforting words to say to his girlfriend.

When Penny exited the toilet, he went to her.

"Look, Penny, I'm sorry I lied to you." He apologized, "I know it's my wrong to do so. I hope you'd forgive me, and hear my reason out."

Penny looked at Thomas, "Alright. Tell me your reason then. I want to hear it."

Thomas took a deep breath, "I promised Ai-chan that I'd meet her on Thursday. I kept it from you because I know you won't allow me to go visit her. But I can assure you we are just friends."

"You already knew I was going to get angry, so why did you go ahead and see her?" Penny questioned, "Is she your girlfriend or am I your girlfriend?"

"Penny, we are just friends. She seems like a really cool and interesting friend to socialize with. She has no friends except me. I can't just let her be alone."

"So you sacrificed our time to be with her?" Penny asked, "You should know better. A girlfriend would get angry and jealous when her boyfriend talks to another girl. Are you that dense to understand? Don't you understand me enough? We've been together for three years already. You should know me best. I don't like my boyfriend getting close to another girl."

"Alright, alright." Thomas held her hands, "I know you're worried I'd leave you. I won't, Penny. I love you so much. I promise I won't visit her a lot, okay? I will spend more time together with you."

Penny smiled and hugged Thomas. He wrapped his arms around her body and smiled at her too.

In Kizuna's room, she is sitting on her bed, thinking about what Penny had said to her earlier on.

"If what she said is true, then how can I meet Thomas-chan again?" She thought worriedly, "I was really excited for him to come again. Now, if he does, and she finds out, we will be separated, and we can never be friends. Can I really bear to let go of Thomas-chan?"

She looked at the picture she took with Thomas when they were in the amusement park in the afternoon. Both of them are grinning, especially her, who is beaming. She then thought of all the times she had spent with him. All those happy, joyous, cheerful moments. She wanted to have a friend throughout her life. She wanted to make more memories with him. She wanted to stay by his side. All that seems impossible now, as Penny comes into the equation.

She sighed and placed the photo into her wallet, "I guess I will have to be alone with no friends again. I'll suffer just for him. Even if he's a distance away from me, I'd be happy just looking at him, knowing that he's fine." She leaned against her pillow and stared at her front.

The next morning, Simon was led to the canteen by two guards. The other protestors who were caught are already in the canteen, eating their breakfast.

"Here's your meal." One of the guards passed him a slice of bread with a cup of water and an apple. Simon took the apple and started eating it.

As he is chewing it, he thought about how he should use the acid. Lucas must had gave it to him for a reason.

He turned his head to the left and looked out of the window. He noticed a school bus stopping outside the gate of the police station.

He then saw Jericho coming out of the bus with a rifle, followed by other protestors. The police guards are notified of the people outside through their walkie-talkies.

"Alright, guys." One of the guards shouted, "We are sending you back to your probation rooms. We have intruders coming, so we'll put you back in your rooms, while we deal with the people outside."

The two guards assigned to Simon led him back to his probation room. They pushed him into the room and locked it.

"I shall go and take a look outside." The first guard told his partner, "You shall take care of this outlaw."

"Sure. Stay safe." The second guard said before the first one ran off. Simon took out the bullet-like thingy and looked at it. He thought of what Lucas had said to him a few days ago.

"Because of this, you need to stand up and say that you can. You can do anything because you got the experience and knowledge. You just got to prove it, and show it to the world that you could do so much more than people think you can."

Simon immediately came up with an idea. He went to the door and tapped the bullet-like thingy near to the door. The acid came out instantly and came into contact with the metal part of the door. The metal melted within seconds, and the metallic liquid flowed down all the way to the ground.

Simon slowly opened the door using the hole on it. The guard was unaware that Simon had just opened the door and continued to look at the front.

Simon ran to his front and smacked the bullet-like thingy on the guard's forehead. The guard screamed in agony and pain as the acid went all over his face. Simon took the gun from him and shot him on the head.

"That's a disgusting sight." Simon looked at the dying guard before running away from the room.

The alarms were sounded off right away. Eddie, who is doing his work, groaned as he stood up from his seat and grabbed a pistol.

Lucas and a few other protestors stormed in the police station. The security guards tried to attack them, but they fought back.

Lucas saw a security guard advancing towards him with a gun. Lucas took out a small revolver and shot the guard on the face. As soon as the bullet touched the face, acid started coming out of it, spreading rapidly over the face. The guard fell onto the ground and screamed in pain as he rolled around to stop the acidic discomfort on his face. Unfortunately, he died a few seconds later.

Lucas ran into the station and tried to find the control room. He planned to release everyone from this hellhole and leave this ace afterwards. He knew, from Eddie, that although the probation rooms each ahve a key to unlock the room, the police station has a control room that can open every room with some buttons.

He then saw Simon running towards him.

"You finally knew what to do." Lucas patted his shoulder, "Get to the bus outside. I'll get the rest of them outside soon."

"What about your brother?" Simon asked, "Won't he find out about what you're doing right now?"

"I'll solve that on my own." Lucas replied, "Run to the bus now, before any more policemen catches you again."

Simon nodded his head and ran towards the entrance of the station. Lucas continued walking forward to find the room.

As he is looking around, he saw officers with shields, guns, and batons coming towards him. Lucas aimed his revolver at the officer at the front and shot him on the head, ensuring a death.

The others who are not carrying a gun ran forward and charged at Lucas. The officers holding a gun stood still and tried to shoot Lucas.

He quickly hid behind a wall and reloaded his gun. As one of the officers with a baton is about to hit Lucas, the latter dodged and whacked the former's face with the barrel of the gun. Lucas poked the officer's eye with the hammer of the gun and then snatched his baton. He whacked the officer with the baton.

Two of them, who are using the shields, rammed Lucas with it. Lucas got up and jumped over the guards with his robotic legs.

As soon as Lucas touched the ground, he struck the back of one of the officers' head repeatedly. Lucas then kicked the other officer's shield away and shot him using Lucas's gun.

Lucas turned to the first officer and did the same. He took the shield and the baton with him and kept his gun. He then walked towards the last two officers. They tried to shoot him, but he blocked the shots with the shield. When Lucas got close enough to the officers, he whacked one of them on the head with the shield.

The second officer tried shooting him, but Lucas used the baton to hit him. Lucas took the gun from the first officer and shot the second officer until the bullets ran hard. Both the officers died. Lucas took the second officer's pistol and continued to search for the control room.

Simon ran into the school bus as some of the protestors outside are shooting at the officers. Simon took a seat behind and heaved a sigh of relief.

"This is very exciting, isn't it, Mr Simon?" Aaron went to him.

"Who the hell are you?" Simon asked, "If you're a police officer, I swear..."

"He's with us." Jericho entered the bus, "He's the one who provided us the weapons and this bus. However, the wheels are shot by the officers, so now it's punctured and all we have left is a bus with flat wheels."

"Damn, how are we supposed to go back to our place then?" Simon asked.

"Aaron, can you call for more cars?" Jericho asked.

"I doubt so. My phone ran out of battery and now I can't call anyone unless I am able to charge my phone."

"It just has to be this timing." Simon grumbled, "You know what? Screw it. We're going to walk there. On the way, we can protest and let the whole world know the Master's a piece of shit."

"I see no issue with that if you don't." Jericho added on.

Lucas ran into the control room and locked the door before looking at the control panel. There is a glass window above it to look at all the rooms from the control room. He is unsure of which buttons to press to release all his other protestors.

There are so many buttons to choose from, yet he had little time to figure out. He used his palms to tap on some buttons a time. The lights turned on and off, the air conditioner went on and off, and the doors of the probation rooms was open and closed. Lucas knew one of the buttons he pressed is the one to free all. He tried every button until he heard loud unlocking sound.

He looked through the glass window and saw the protestors running out of their rooms. The police officers guarding the rooms saw them getting out and decided to fight them to stop them. Lucas smiled at the mayhem he caused. He then heard someone trying to get into the control room through the locked door.

A few seconds later, Marcus unlocked the door and went in. He saw through the glass window and stared with disbelief at the amount of prisoners fighting the officers. As he is about to staring, Lucas closed the door and aimed his gun at Marcus's head.

When Marcus turned around, Lucas instantly pulled the trigger, and the bullet hit Marcus on the forehead. Marcus fell onto the floor and died on the spot as the acid from the bullet spread across his face.

Lucas then thought of what to do now. He can either leave the room and run away, or he wait for his brother to come to the room and then kill him.

He could run away potentially, but Eddie might have seen him at any point of time while he did all these, so he might be a criminal if he let his brother survive. On the other hand, shooting his own kin is a sin, and he will be wanted for murder, but nobody will know what Lucas had done, since Eddie will be killed and no other officers had seen him too as all of the officers he had came into contact with is slaughtered by him.

Eddie had just been done fighting some protestors that had escaped from the probation rooms. Eddie had seen Lucas in the control room from the glass window earlier on as the latter was pressing buttons.

Eddie decided to run to the control room to see if Lucas is still there. He can stop his younger brother from doing more mistakes. He had one question though. Why is Lucas here? Is he helping the Simon and the protestors? Has his hate for the Master grew so strong he decided to join Simon? Eddie hoped not.

When he reached the control room, he opened the door and got a fright. He gasped in horror as he saw Marcus's dead body on the floor. It had seemed that the skin protecting Marcus's head was gone, leaving only the bones.

Eddie gagged at the horrific sight before whipping out his phone. Lucas then took out the police pistol he got earlier and jumped out from behind the door. He then shot Eddie seven times at the legs and arms, making the latter drop his phone and fall onto the ground.

Eddie tried to crawl to his phone, but Lucas kicked it away from him.

"Lucas, how...dare...you..." Eddie groaned in pain. Lucas looked at him, "You deserve this, Eddie. All the times you sided with the Master. You're never helping me and Charlie. Ever. I became like this thanks to the Master. And you kept supporting him. I'm gonna kill him, take over his position, and then show the citizens what a real Master is like."

"Don't...do...more crimes..." Eddie muttered, "Turn...back...now...You...still have...a chance..."

"Never." Lucas reloaded his gun, "And I'm not keeping you alive. You'll report me if you survive. I have no choice. You won't be missed."

He then shot Eddie on the head thrice, killing him on the spot. Lucas took a look at the two dead bodies once more before walking out of the police station.

Jericho went to Lucas and told him that the bus's wheels are out of air, so now they have to walk all the way back to Garderner Street. Considering the distance, Lucas agreed to walk because it is not so far away.

Thomas is getting ready to the supermarket. He needs to get his ice lemon tea drink before he goes to school.

He walked into the supermarket and took the bottle before going to the cash register. He then saw Kizuna placing a cabbage into a plastic bag of groceries. She then turned towards the exit and saw him.

"Hey, Ai-chan." He smiled. She ignored him and walked away. He took his bottle and ran after her.

"Hey, Ai-chan." Thomas caught up to her, "Why are you walking so fast today? It's unlike you."

She turned around and looked at him, "Go away. I don't want to see you again."

"What do you mean you don't want to see me again?" Thomas asked, "What's with that sudden change of heart?"

"Don't bother asking." Kizuna replied, "Just leave me alone." She then ran away.

"Ai-chan!" He ran after her. They ran to the roadside, where the riot group is walking past, shouting 'Fuck the Master!'. Thomas lost her in the big crowd of protestors.

"Why did she run away from me?" He thought. He couldn't figure it out at all. They were having so much fun the previous day.

Kizuna turned back to see if she had lost Thomas. She is relieved upon not seeing him. She never wanted to run away from him, but she's scared that Penny might see it and take him away from her forever.

She then bumped into three protestors; one humans, and two robots. They looked at her with annoyance.

"Can't you watch where you're going?" One of the robots asked angrily.

"Do you even have eyes?" The other robot added.

"You dare bang into us! You deserve a beating!" The human shouted at her. The trio pushed her down to the ground and started beating her up as she screamed.

"I didn't mean it! I'm sorry!" Kizuna cried loudly, "Please stop beating me!"

Thomas stopped walking when he heard someone scream. He recognized it. It is Kizuna's.

He pushed past the other protestors and saw three protestors punching Kizuna while she tries to protect her face with her hands.

"Don't injure her!" Thomas ran to her and blocked the three protestors from beating Kizuna up. She looked up and got a shock.

"Thomas-chan!" She is surprised he came over to her rescue.

"Trying to be the hero, young man?" The first robot punched his face. The other robot then kicked him in the stomach and the man pushed him down onto the floor. The three of them then started kicking his body.

"Thomas-chan!" Kizuna tried to push the three protestors away, but to no avail as she is weak. Jason and Mike then came with a few other robots. The robots pushed the three protestors away and started fighting them.

Jason ran to Kizuna, "Are you okay, Kizuna?" She nodded her head and pointed at Thomas, who is unconscious now, "Thomas-chan is injured. Please help him, Daddy."

"I will." He then looked at Mike, "Mike, bring her to a safe place, will you? I'll bring him to James."

"Yes, Jason." Mike answered.

"Will Thomas-chan be okay?" Kizuna asked worriedly, "Is your friend trustable?"

"Watson is a trustworthy person. He'll help me heal Thomas up." Jason responded, "Now, follow my friend. Stay safe. I'll meet you later." He then carried Thomas and ran off. Mike held Kizuna tightly and ran off in the other direction as the riot group came to help the three protestors.

A few minutes later, Thomas woke up on a sofa in an office room. He slowly opened his eyes and saw Jason talking to a man.

"...thanks so much for helping me, James." Jason told the man, "Without you, the boy might still be in a critical condition, and my daughter will be severely injured."

"No worries. Anytime, Master." James bowed before walking out of the officer. The word 'Master' has caught Thomas's attention.

"You're awake." Jason walked to him, "Are you feeling better now?"

"Yeah, but why did that guy call you Master?" Thomas asked, "Is he your domestic robot?"

"Thomas, I'm going to let you on a secret." Jason sighed, "Only a few know." He straightened his blazer before continuing, "Remember that time when you were in my room? And that someone had shot you with a tranquilizer gun? That was Mike."

"That creepy man?" Thomas asked, "The guy who stood outside my house?"

"Yeah, I ordered him to. Because I didn't want you to know my identity yet. But I'm convinced. The prison outbreak and the riot group made me change my mind. I need someone to help me take care of Kizuna as I'm busy dealing with people, and you are the perfect candidate."

"Wait," Thomas pointed at Jason, "So...you are really..."

"Yes, Thomas." Jason admitted, "I am what you think I am. I'm Hideki's great grandson, and I'm the current Master of this world."

Thomas was taken aback by Jason's words.

0