Chapter 10
1 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Jason brought Thomas to the former's home. Upon hearing the door open, Kizuna came down from her room and saw Thomas. She rushed to him.

"Are you alright, Thomas-chan?" She asked worriedly, "Are you badly injured anywhere?"

"I'm alright, Ai-chan." Thomas assured her, "Look at me now. I'm fine. I'm alive and kicking."

"You two have a nice friendly talk." Jason said, "I shall be going to my room to rest." He then retreated to his room and closed the door.

"So, uh..." Thomas tried to start the conversation, but Kizuna just cut him off, "I got other things to do. You can leave now."

"What's with you?" Thomas asked, "Why are you asking me to get away from you and leave? What's wrong with you?"

"Nothing." Kizuna walked up the stairs, "I just want you to leave me alone. Let me be."

"There must be a reason to this. Why are you locking me out of your life now? A few days ago, we were happy together. Remember?"

"Just go away." Kizuna glared at him, "Get out. This is for your own good." She then went into her room and locked the door.

"For my own good?" He asked, "What good is there? What have I done wrong? I won't know until you tell me, Ai-chan!"

No response. Thomas sighed, "Alright then. I shall leave you alone. I'll come around next time." He then left the house.

Kizuna looked from her window and saw Thomas walking away from her house. She feels guilty of chasing him away, but it's best for him and her to be separated from each other.


Penny is in her classroom, listening to her teacher talking about math. As soon as the bell rung, the students got up from their seats and ran out of the classroom to go home Penny switched her phone on and saw the news that Simon and the protest group have broken out of jail. Fearing that Thomas might be endangered by them, she quickly called her boyfriend.

"Hello?" Thomas answered the call.

"Hello, Thomas?" Penny bombarded him with questions, anxiety in her tone, "Are you okay? Are you safe? Did the protestors hurt you or anything?"

"Penny, I'm fine." Thomas replied, "I'm okay. I'm safe. And the protestors didn't hurt me."

"Thank heavens you are alright." Penny heaved a sigh of relief, "Do you know how worried I was when I saw the news?"

"I do. You can be relieved now."

"By the way, do you want to eat lunch together?" Penny asked, "I'm in school, and I've just finished my lessons."

"I'm eating alone. I'm not in school. I'm at home." Thomas lied, "I was stuck in the supermarket when the protest group was walking past. I couldn't attend lessons, so I might as well head home to study instead."

"Alright. I'll packet my lunch home to accompany you. I'll see you at home."

"See you." Thomas then ended the call. He slid his phone back into his pocket and continued walking down the sidewalks.

In the late afternoon, Jason and Mike, among other police officers, placed flowers in front of Eddie's grave.

"He was a professional police officer, and an awesome man." One of his friends said, "He took his job and friendships seriously. He never once slacked during work time, and in turn his effort had been paid off when he was promoted to Commander. When he's with his friends, he treats them with kindness and respect. He was always a helpful guy, helping anyone in need. He never went back on his words, and does what he had promised. He was truly a great man. We all hope that he rest in peace."

All the officers bowed down. Jason and Mike did the same. A few minutes later, the latter two returned to Jason's office.

"Still no news of Simon or his henchmen?" Jason asked. Mike shook his head, "Negative. Ever since they escaped, they have disappeared."

"Report to me about the status of the police station that Simon was in."

"Most of the officers died either due to gunfire, or acid burning." Mike explained, "James is still finding out about the type of acid used. As from the surveillance cameras, a thin figure entered the control room and released all the protestors. He couldn't be seen properly because he's always looking down. He was the one who killed Eddie Lee and his partner Marcus. This person has also killed five other officers."

"Find out who this guy is, and then if we manage to catch him, he's going to jail. And, send some people to Garderner Street to find Simon. He might be there."

"Yes, Master." Mike bowed before walking out of the office. Jason stood up and went to find James.

James is in his laboratory, doing some science experiments to find out the acid stored in the bullets.

Jason knocked on his door, and James turned around.

"Master!" James greeted him, "Are you here to find out about the acid?"

"Yes, I am. Have you found out what it is?"

"Yea, Master. According to my experiments, this person placed hydrofluoric acid in the bullets he used. It makes the skin of the face dissolve until there's nothing left but bones."

"James, do you have an idea of why this person would do it?" The Master asked. James shook his head, "Unfortunately, I can't answer the questions, for I'm not a psychic or a mind reader."

Jason nodded his head in response, "Have you been making more robots?"

"Two hundred and fifty six are in queue now." James replied, "Any special requests?"

Jason shook his head as he thought about who the murderer of Eddie could be and his intentions on killing the officer and releasing the protestors.

In Garderner Street, Aaron bought four big trucks to be delivered to Simon's doorstep. He, Simon, and Lucas, together with the protestors, are about to raid the second and last police station. Simon gathered the protestors in his house.

"Okay, so this is the plan, people." Simon stated, "We will all go in with weapons. Swords, guns, knives. Whatever. We'll kill many police officers there to show rebellion. Only then will the Master change if we destroy all his useful resources. Am I right?"

The protestors roared in agreement.

"So, try to take down as much policemen as you can." Simon continued, "Every little contribution by each of you adds up to a lot. Even if you die, you die proudly, knowing that what you had done will change the world, and it'll be better for your family and friends! Remember, we're fighting for our loved ones, and our future generation!"

"Does Simon usually give talks like these every time?" Aaron asked Lucas, "Because it kinda makes me yawn."

"I have no idea." Lucas shook his head, "This is my first time too."

Simon, Aaron, and Lucas took the first truck, while the rest of the protestors take the other three trucks. They then drove off.

A few seconds later, some police cars arrived at the street. Mike and some police officers got out of the cars and went to check each of the houses. A few minutes is only needed as the policemen couldn't find the criminal they are looking for.

"Simon's not here." One of them said, "What should we do?"

Mike looked at the police officer, "I'll tell the Master that he isn't here. We'll search all the places he usually goes. Where else could he have gone to?"

"According to this list," Another took out a paper, "The nightclub, the pub, the restaurant down at Shropshire Street, and his late mother's house."

"Looks like we have to get to lots of places today." Mike said, "We'll split the search and we'll meet back at the second police station after we're all done. Understood?"

"Yes, Sir Mike!" The officers then got into their cars and drove off. Mike got into his car and drove off too. At this moment, a guy watching that whole scene from his house took out his phone and messaged Simon.

"So, Simon, you said briefly about why you hated the Master." Aaron said to Simon, "Do you mind telling us the full story of why you're pissed off at him?"

Simon sighed, "It started a few years ago. It was when the new Master took over. I was going to nightclubs, trying out new drinks. In one of those clubs, I met a pole dancer. She was pretty kind to me. We got along quite well, and would always meet up after work. We usually talk about our lives, and after that, I fell for her."

"Wow, so cliché." Lucas shook his head.

"I'm not done. So, I confessed to her. But here's the catch. She's taken. So we just became friends. But we became best friends, and we hung out a lot. I guess her boyfriend wasn't super happy, because he confronted me outside the nightclub one day. He had told me not to get close anymore. I mean, I thought he won't be doing anything serious, so I shook it off. So after three months of hanging out with her, something horrible happened. While I was walking back home from the nightclub, a gang came up to me in an alley and started whacking the shit out of me. I managed to run away for a while and called the police. They found me out and continued to beat me up. They...cut off my limbs and hands, and ran away when they heard the police sirens. The Master and the police officers couldn't find any clues on the gang as there were no CCTVs installed, so the case was closed. My human hands and legs are replaced with robotic hands and legs. This is really unfair for me, because I could lead my life as a normal human, but those jerks ruined it, and they couldn't be found. For them to escape in a world with a strict rule, that is some fuck. The Master just gave up on my case. That's why I'm exacting revenge. I didn't have my body parts replaced for fun."

"I see." Lucas nodded his head, "What about yours, Aaron? Why did you hate the Master?"

"He caused my father to lose his job." Aaron replied, "He committed suicide, and I was left without a father, or a complete family."

"So we all got reasons to get rid of the Master." Simon commented, "Let's get rid of the police station, and make sure he change that stupid rule of his. Then I'll go and kill him for trying to give me a death sentence."

A few minutes later, they reached the second police station, along with the three other trucks.

Simon took out his phone and shook his head.

"What's the matter?" Lucas asked. Simon showed him the message. It stated that Mike and some officers had visited Garderner Street, and now is searching Simon in places he had been frequently before. They'll then gather back in the police station the protestors are about to raid.

"We have to do this fast, yet swift." Simon said. He then went to the front of the protestors.

"We can't screw this up, as there would be some police officers coming here later." Simon told them, "We need to be quick, but we also have to be careful. Any shit happens, we're all dead. Do you understand?"

"Yes!" The protestors shouted. Aaron quickly passed them some pistols, shotguns, and knives.

"Let's get in." Simon said. The protestors barged in and started shooting some officers down. Simon and Lucas ran up to the control room.

"Is there any protestors stuck in the probation rooms here?" Simon asked. Lucas shrugged his shoulders and pressed a button, which opens all the probation room doors. Humans and robots came out of it and looked around before escaping. Lucas knew which button to press from his previous encounter in the control room of the first police station.

"Alright, let's get the hell out of here." Simon pushed open the door, and found themselves surrounded by police officers.

"Simon Costner," One of the officers said, "Surrender yourself. You and your accomplice here have nowhere to run anymore."

"Nowhere?" Lucas asked, "I don't think so." He then shot one of the officers with his gun loaded with acid bullets and shut the door. The other officers tried shooting through the door.

"What the hell are we gonna do, man?" Simon asked, "We need to get out of here quick. Before Mike and his officers arrive."

Lucas looked around for solutions until he saw the big glass window in front of him. He turned to Simon and pointed at it. The latter shook his head and mouthed 'No', but Lucas decided to go through with it anyways.

He took out his gun and shot the window. One shot to the left, one to the right, one to the center, one to the top, and one to the bottom. After a few seconds, some parts of the glass starts to dissolve.

"Can't you break the glass with a chair or something?" Simon asked, "Why must you shoot?"

"The glass is very strong, and using a chair to break it will take us time." Lucas replied, "We're living in a modernized world. The officers don't want us to escape, so they build all these hard stuff around us. These bullets I shot; they contain hydrofluoric acid, just like the bullet I gave you that time. The acid dissolves the glass faster, and then..."

Lucas took the chair and whacked the glass. Sure enough, the glass broke. Lucas pulled Simon and they both jumped out of the window as the officers opened the door.

Lucas and Simon went under the room and into the hallway.

"You go to the right." Lucas told Simon, "I'll go to the left. We kill every police officer in sight."

"We stick together." Simon said, "We can eliminate officers at a faster pace."

"Fine." Lucas moved to the left with Simon at the back. More police officers came out with batons.

Lucas ran forward and shot two of them down. He then took one of the batons and whacked the others.

Some policemen advanced towards Simon with guns. They started shooting at Simon, but he blocked it with his arms.

"Well, at least bullets can't hurt my hands and legs." Simon thought, "One advantage of having robotic body parts."

He charged forward at the constables, all the while guarding gun shots with both his arms. He then punched one of them in the face and another on the balls.

Simon took out a knife and slashed one officer's throat. He stabs another in the heart, before taking his gun and using the officer as a shield from the bullets.

Lucas did a roundhouse kick on a policeman and shot him on the stomach. He then took the pistol from the policeman and shot the latter on the head.

Simon shot down the last officer in his way. Once that last man is dead, he hacked the throat of his human shield and pushed him onto the floor.

Simon then ran to Lucas and helped him by shooting the officers. A few minutes later, the two are able to get rid of all the officers in their way.

"Holy, that's a lot of motherfuckers." Simon huffed and stopped to catch his breath, "See, my idea is awesome. Working together really fastens up this process."

Lucas shook his head. He felt that it is the same as splitting, just that Simon helped a bit in the last part. Both of them went out of the police station. A few protestors and Aaron are waiting outside.

"Quickly, get into the truck." Aaron said, "We can discuss about what you guys did later back at home."

Simon and Lucas hopped into the truck. They then drove off. The other three trucks followed. A few seconds later, Mike and the other officers came to the same police station.

"Have you guys found Simon?" Mike asked the officers. They all shook their heads before one of them pointed their finger at a dead security guard.

"Someone must have been in here." Mike stated, "Let's get in."

At night, Jason is in his room, sitting on his bed while he is talking to Mike on the phone.

"So, you're saying Simon raided the other police station too?" Jason asked.

"Yes, Master. There seems to be another guy with him. His name is Lucas Lee, brother of Charlie Lee and Eddie Lee. I've looked at the footages of the surveillance cameras. His figure seems to be present in both footages."

"Alright, I'll take note of it and will see what I can do about it tomorrow." Jason replied, "Make sure to continue finding him, and charge the high end weapons. It's time we end Simon Costner and his nonsensical group of people." He then ended the call.

He went to Kizuna's room and knocked on her door.

"Come in." She said. He stood at the door, "You seem quite moody today, Kizuna. May I know why?"

"Nothing, Daddy."

"Don't tell me it's nothing. You don't have no period. You're a robot. Something must've made you upset. By the way, I saw you telling Thomas to get out in a not-so-nice way. Why did you do that?"

"That's personal, Daddy. I don't want to say it out."

"But, Kizuna..."

"Daddy, please. I'm feeling as sad as it is. Could you leave me alone for the night, please?"

Jason sighed, "Alright. Good night, Kizuna."

"Good night, Daddy." Kizuna said back before he closed the door. She then lied down on her bed and stared at the sky with a look of sadness.

The next morning, Thomas went for a walk in the park. He needed to get some things off his mind. He also thought about Kizuna. How did her attitude towards him changed so drastically? Why did she become rude to him all of a sudden? They were having so much fun together a few days ago, now she's so cold.

As he is thinking about it, he bumped into someone. He lost his train of thoughts and immediately apologized. To his surprise, it is Kizuna.

Upon looking at him, she quickly walked past him. He turned around and went to her front.

"Please, Ai-chan, we can talk this out." Thomas pleaded, "Tell me where I did wrong, and I would try my best to change."

"Just leave me alone." Kizuna glared at him, "I've already told you yesterday that this is for your own good." She then walked past him once more. Thomas then held her hand.

"Ai-chan, you can't just ignore me for no reason!" Thomas retorted, "If you don't tell me anything, I will never understand why you're so pissed at me!"

She turned around and pulled her hand away, screaming at him, "Please just fucking leave me alone!"

Thomas kept quiet and looked down. Suddenly, Kizuna got on her knees and buried her face in her hands, "I can't take it anymore, Thomas-chan. I can't."

"What are you talking about?" He is visibly confused. Kizuna invited him to sit on a bench and she sat beside him. She explained to him about the reason she ignored him.

"Penny is behind this all along?" Thomas asked. Kizuna nodded her head. She stood up and bowed down in front of him, "I'm sorry for being so harsh to you, Thomas-chan. I didn't want you to be taken away from my life. You're such a good friend. I don't want to lose you."

"I know." Thomas hugged her, "I promise I'll talk to Penny about this, and it won't ruin our friendship. Trust me on this, alright?"

She wrapped her hands around his body and laid her head on his shoulder as she smiled, "I trust you, Thomas-chan."

From a distance, someone is watching from afar. The person had their fists clenched.

During midnight, Kizuna is in her room, grinning from ear to ear after spending her day with Thomas. They talked a lot, and explored their neighborhood before watching a movie. After that, they parted ways, promising to meet up the next day. She then stayed at home and ate dinner with Jason.

She's finally happy that she could talk to him again. She no longer needs to hold it in anymore or listen to Penny. She's confident Thomas would change Penny's mind.

Kizuna then heard a sound from the living room. She walked down the stairs and saw nothing. She went to the door and opened it to see if anyone knocked on the door. She then left the door to close.

She was about to walk up the stairs when she heard footsteps. She turned back and Penny immediately appeared in front of her. She jumped up in surprise and fell back.

"You stupid motherfucking bitch." Penny growled, "How dare you not listen to me! You dare to try and take my boyfriend away from me! If I don't kill you today, my boyfriend will eventually get stolen!"

Penny held the knife she was holding up high as Kizuna screamed in fear.

0