Chapter 2- Hunger
531 1 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hunger, that feeling brought me back into consciousness inside my spherical, well more oval I mentally corrected, enclosure. The feeling in my limbs still eluded me but instinctively I felt it was possible to use my mouth?? It felt peculiar because I was aware of its position and compartmentalization but it felt somewhat alien to use. My hunger brought me back from my thoughts about my current anatomy and so I sought to satisfy the instinct.

I idly wondered where I would get the necessary tribute, but feeling that the substance in which I was submerged might be some sort of nutrient source- wait am I in an egg? Subsequently, I almost immediately questioned what an egg was, but I perished the thought. Focusing on satiating my growing instinct I tried opening my mouth and it obeyed my will, albeit it cost quite the bit of energy to do so, but I now knew it was possible. So mustering all the energy I could I opened my "mouth" and devoured a large mouthful of the viscous liquid I was surrounded in. I mentally grimaced as a peculiar thought appeared in my mind, "Did I just eat some booty juice too?".....

The Herculean task didn't go unrewarded as the tribute was more than necessary. The instinct dissipated and something much more pleasant took its place. Satisfaction, I felt every "fiber" of my body positively thrum with excitement as energy was rapidly produced from the liquid. This energy flowed like a raging river through my body giving me exactly what I needed to finally accomplish the goal of having feeling return to my limbs.

It was then that I realized why my body felt particularly alien. I had no hands, the thought I systematically ignored, but instead, I had 3 pairs of legs, 1 of which was located higher up on my body and closer to my head, while the other 2 pairs were closer to the end of my body. As expected foreign but familiar thoughts flooded my mind. "Am I an insect of some sort? A grasshopper maybe? Perhaps an ant?-"

It was then I experienced again the thing responsible for the mind-numbing pain I experienced the first time. This time however instead of pain, it overwhelmed me with a paramount feeling of disgust at my last thought. Clueless as to the reason, I perished the thought and did my best to suppress the feeling which I realized was more of an instinct. Doing that, however, drained me of all my newly gained energy and I quickly fell once more into the never-ending dark expanse of unconsciousness.

16