Side Story Ortix 1 – Boredom
4 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It is in Ortix' perspective. It happened at the same time as chapter 7.

-- Training Grounds (Styrtan Institute) --

I will be attending school again. I just wish this one won't be that boring. I am currently together with my dull friend Volus and this cowardly guy Talas who is guiding us to our classroom. I can't wait for some trouble to find me.

"Talas! How far is the room where you are bringing us?" I asked Talas trying to intimidate him a little.

"It's not that far anymore. Just that room in the end." Talas pointed a room in the end of the corridor. It has two doors for the front and back entrance.

We continued walking and we finally arrived. I didn't wait for Talas and I opened the door without knocking. Unfortunately, there was no one in the room.

I looked at Talas with my brows furrowed. "You said that this was the room? Where are the people?"

"Uhmm.. classes inside the room are actually quite rare so they might be in the training grounds." Talas answered me meekly.

"Why didn't we go there first?" I annoyingly asked.

"This was closer to us so.."

"Alright!" I didn't want to hear any excuses and he really didn't do anything wrong. "Let's just go!"

We finally arrived outside the main school building. We walked quite a few distance towards the north and arrived at a large field. It seems that it is being occupied by different classes and our class was somewhere in the south west part of the field.

As we arrived in the field occupied by our class, I saw two middle aged man. The first one seemed to be our handler Nathan who we already have met earlier and the other one seems to be our combat instructor.

"So Sara sent me these two am I correct?" Nathan asked Talas as he just arrived.

"Yes sir!"

"Typical of her. It means that these two have potential." The man beside Nathan remarked. He has a long hair and he wears a karategi uniform. "Alright! Let me start teaching these two Nathan! Talas go join the rest and spar with them."

The man introduced himself to us as Kenzo. He said that he is an Earthling and he would be teaching us some combat arts. He started with the basics like harden fist, stabilize, regenerate and focus. It was not really that hard since me and Volus was able to master it in our first try. To be fair, we are kind of cheating because we already know those things albeit a bit differently.

I came from a world where magic is just a supplementary and our body is still our main weapon while Volus is from a sect. His sect might be focused on Soul related arts but they still cultivated their body to keep up with their soul. Kenzo then gave us a more advanced combat arts but it was still pretty easy for us to learn. Reinforce body, reinforce item, explosive feet, force push and mind block. It took me quite a bit longer for force push and mind block but its nothing special.

Kenzo finally thought that we are geniuses and would like us to mingle with other students so they might learn from us. Me and Volus approached the location where Talas was. Talas was currently half lying on the floor trying to sit up.

"Stop bullying Talas!" A woman with a sharp ear like Talas was standing in front of Talas trying to stop the other guy from attacking him. This man seems to be the tall man with Jaza earlier and Jaza could also be seen standing further back.

"We are just sparring Ayri! No need to be super defensive on your cousin." The man laughed. "If you want you could spar with us instead."

"Oh! This looks fun! Are you guys playing?" I interjected on their little squabble. I am really bored and I did not really like those guys from the start. Volus was still standing quietly beside me as usual.

Jaza stepped forward. "What luck do we have here! I have been waiting when would Kenzo allow you two to spar with us. Unfortunately, it seems one of you was not assigned in this class.

This time, I saw Talas not cowering but instead smirking at Jaza and he was right to do so because I will be teaching this fool his lesson.

"You are right! Cyziel is not here so I am really lucky or I might really get reprimanded later." I finally stepped forward and walked beside Ayri.

"Who are you two?" Ayri asked me and fear was prevalent in her eyes. But it was not fear of me, it was more like a fear that something bad would happen to me.

"Just some nobody who is an acquaintance of your cousin." I smiled at the girl. She was kind of cute by the way.

"Hmph! So you really want to be our new punching bag huh!" The tall man stood in front of me as he tried to intimidate me.

"And who are you?" I gave a little push to the guy's stomach because I don't like him standing so close to me. As expected, he was too weak and he was pushed backwards and fell down on his ass.

He started to groan and he was touching his stomach in pain. It was quite pathetic to look at after just a weak push.

He finally recovered and he looked at me with fierce eyes. "You! I'll smash your tiny body to pieces. Reinforce body! Harden fist!"

He started charging at me after he activated his combat arts and as soon as he was close to me, he gave me a strong punch. I, of course, was able to catch it with my left hand. He was staring at my eyes looking as if I am some kind of a monster and I personally enjoy it.

"Is that it?" I told him full of confidence. Well, there is no reason for me to be afraid. I then gave him a punch in his stomach with my right fist. He didn't flew because I was holding his right arm but I could hear some broken bones. His reinforcement was useless. He vomited blood that I needed to step sideways or I might get covered with it. He then fell to the floor, knees first.

I finally let go of his hand and he started to curl on the ground touching his stomach again. He was shouting non-stop that I thought of knocking him out to silence him. I looked at my back and saw the instructors watching but they only seemed amused. I think it was fine to them as long as I didn't kill anybody.

The people watching got scared and some are looking at me with horror. It was only Jaza that was really furious. More people came to see and some have even stopped their fights.

"And here I thought you would give me some challenge." I then looked at Jaza and pointed at him. "What about you? Still brave enough to play with me?"

I could see in his eyes that he is starting to waver so I needed to push him a little more. I wouldn't allow my fun to just stop here.

I turned around and looked at Talas who was now sitting from his previous lying position. "So Talas did you really owe this coward some money? Or he was just really poor and trying to borrow from you?"

"Shut up! You think winning against Grozo is enough for you to look down on me?" Jaza looked at Grozo who was groaning in the ground. "Stop crying! You are a shame to your race!"

"So you are finally challenging me?" I made a light kick with my right foot aimed at Grozo and his body slid to the left. "All right. I just cleaned the trash. You can attack anytime you want!"

Jaza looked at his surroundings and he could see that their whole class was now watching him. It seems he was the current top dog of this class so it would be hard for him to walk away from our fight.

"You will regret this!" Jaza activated harden fist and explosive feet then he charged at me. He arrived in front of me in just a second. He punched me with his right hand but I just deflected it by pushing away his right arm. He punched me again with his left hand but once again, I deflected it by swatting his hand away. I planned to grab his neck with my right arm but I then heard him start to say some words.

*Noxum Istare! Dark cover!* Jaza whispered.

My vision suddenly became fully black. I was not able to see but it was only for a moment. I immediately broke it but it was enough time for him to kick me in the stomach. I got hit and I was pushed back a little. It really didn't hurt but it infuriated me. I didn't think that some weakling would actually be able to hit me.

"You used magic." I said to him without showing my emotions.

"What's the problem?" Jaza smirked. He might be thinking that his magic would be enough to defeat me. "It's not prohibited in sparring."

"I see!" I started to smile and I was thinking what punishment should I give this guy.

"Control yourself Ort!" Volus suddenly spoke. He might be thinking that I might start to use too much excessive force but I am not that stupid to take this too seriously.

Aether energy started to appear from Jaza's hand. "Noxum Spiculi! Dark needles!". Sharp dark flying needles materialized in his hand and it was pointing towards me then they shot out with incredible speed.

I activated one of my tattoos and Nether energy emitted from my body. I was then covered by a dark cloak then I disappeared. The dark needles missed me and I reappeared at the back of Jaza.

"Shadow step!" The people watching shouted. They might have been talking about the skill that I used and honestly, that name doesn't sound bad.

I gripped Jaza's neck from the side with my left hand and I continued to apply a stronger force little by little. He started to groan. He tried to speak but I could hardly understand him. Everyone was looking at me and I saw Volus shaking his head so I slammed Jaza to the ground instead. I could see some blood in him but it was nothing fatal.

"I'm so disappointed. You should train more if you want to challenge me." I kicked him away and he was thrown just right in front of Talas. "Do what you want with him."

Personally, the fight was quite boring but I still had my fun. Seeing those arrogant kids are no different from the people I grew up with. It was like seeing a weaker version of my father who only knows how to abuse others.

"Let's go Vol! I'll probably enjoy sparring with you more!" I walked towards Volus as we prepared to leave.

"You will pay for this! I'll make sure that you won't have a bright future!" Jaza who cannot even stand started threatening me. "I'll make sure that my brother knows of this!"

His threat seemed to have scared the surrounding people but for me, it is music to my ears. I do not have family to care about that could be my weakness. The only ones I care about are my current friends but they are all just as monstrous as me so let the challenges keep coming.

"Yeah sure! You could even bring your sister, father, mother, or grandfather!" I looked back at Jaza lying on the ground with some malice. "I'll welcome them all!"

Afterwards, I sparred with Volus for a bit and it was really much enjoyable. I also saw Jaza and Grozo getting carried away. Maybe they would be treated for their injuries.

I hope the future would be as fun or much more enjoyable than this.

1