019 – Realization
699 10 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 019: Realization

Last night’s memories immediately rush back to mind.

The scene of me invading a mansion. Murdering cartel members. Brainwashing the rest of the criminal family.

And… Raping the mother and daughter.

(I’m the worst…)

Looking back further into my memories, I see how much I changed since the Dreams.

I would never have thought I would ever rape anyone before all of this.

I’ve become crazy…? But I have mind resistance… Sigh, it doesn’t help with emotional stability…”

I have the power to become whoever I want.

I could become a super idol, the world’s best athlete, the best actor, the best inventor or anything I could put my mind to.

(So this is how I choose to use my power? Fuck… I’m not remotely close to being a super hero.)

Some part of me still thought I was justified since I did all of that on a family that profits from drug smuggling.

The worst part was that in the end, I straight up came inside the two women without a care in the world. Did I even remember to use the purification spell? No…

Fuck me.”

If so, what was the point of putting on latex gloves before?

I left tons of evidence.

The exhilaration I felt throughout that night was actually endangering me.

Emotional stability… There has to be a passive like that!”

Once I returned to the white room, I only needed to search for it. With 18 points, there was a good chance I could afford something straight away.

It’s Friday. Right, my promise with Alice… I need to make cookies!…”

I promised to see her at 4 PM.

It was still just 3 AM, so I had more than enough time.

I undress and go in the shower, turning up the heat.

I rinse my hair and scrub my skin a little.

Hot steam invades my lungs with every breath, filling my body with a comforting warmth.

I sit down in the shower.

Thoughts appear one after the other for a while.

Then I calm down.

Soon I am beyond zen.

I am zazen.

After a long while in the shower, I felt refreshed and at peace.

I really needed that.

I could swear in the name of Ellabizina that I’d be a good boy for the next few days until I’d get a passive skill to help me.

It was time to start cooking.

I head to the kitchen and start beating some egg whites. I mix in sugar and cook it in an oven at low temperature.

After a while, some simple nougat is finished.

That’s the secret ingredient to make the ultimate almond cookie.

I proceed to baking my special cookies with chocolate pieces.

Halfway through the cooking I add in pieces of nougat, which quickly start puffing up and caramelizing further.

Taking the cookies out of the oven, these babies look amazing.

The nougat acts like pieces of caramel which complement the texture of the harder chocolate and the soft almond cookie dough.

I leave the cookies out.

It was time to head to class.

In class I make casual talk with Elisa.

Glancing over to Juan, he only avoids my stare which is for the best.

Edward, you put on some muscles.” Comments Elisa on my appearance.

I’ve been working out quite a lot recently… Right, do you want to go somewhere this weekend?”

Um… I’m not sure…”

No?” Being rejected when I had other girls that wouldn’t refuse irritated me. “Then forget it.”

Elisa looks away and concentrates on the lecture.

After classes end I go get my lunch and receive a text for my table and cold box delivery.

It would arrive at 3 PM, just in time before I head out to see Alice.

I head home and look online to search for any nice houses nearby I can purchase.

With ten million dollars’ worth of cryptocurrency, a chuckle escapes my mouth.

Right, I don’t need to care much about spending money anymore…!”

I look only at the two hundred and fifty thousand dollar and over listings.

Since the university is in the suburbs and I want to minimize travel time, I restrict the search’s parameters to a maximum of 5 kilometers from the campus.

I’ll also need to buy a car… Or two.

Also why not get a bike as well? Maybe a sexy green Kawasaki super bike?

After having looked at a few agencies’ websites, I found multiple options for my needs.

First I would get a nice three hundred thousand dollar house, with three bedrooms, a big living room, a garage, a garden and a pool.

It’s located in the suburbs near my university just 10 minutes away by car.

Then I’d get a luxury mansion for 4 million dollars.

(Sigh, you get nothing with just a million dollars these days…)

Inflation was putting a big dent in my pocket.

The taxes would also make everything more expensive for no good reason.

Only thanks to the Buerno cartel that would periodically send me more cryptocurrency would I be able to afford the living costs.

The mansion I had my eye on had eight rooms including a huge open space with the kitchen and the living room. There are even three bathrooms.

It comes with a square kilometer of land with dozens of trees including fruiting trees and oaks.

In addition a huge garage, a large pool and a sauna are there to justify the price.

The rooms are on a single floor but there’s also a tornado-proof basement.

This place is located further from the other house in the same direction from the university some 30 minutes away.

This only made me wonder how to even get there.

I need to check cars and bikes.”

The delivery arrives and I go downstairs to retrieve the packages.

After I’m done I look at the time.

I pack milk with the cookies and head out to see Alice.

Arriving at the park I see Alice waiting on the usual bench, without a drip stand.

She sees me walking over from a distance and waves with a small smile. I immediately wave back and quicken my steps, almost jogging over.

I’m nervous to hear what happened to her cancer since my prayer, but seeing her smile I can’t help but believe I’ll hear good news from her.

Alice!”

Good afternoon, Edward!”

I sit down next to her.

So… How are you doing today?”

I look closely at her face. It’s paler than the last time I left her, but a thousand times better than the first time I saw her.

So~… I did the exams and they found my cancer decreased a little in size. Most importantly, I still feel quite good and I haven’t coughed since… You know…”

Right… That’s pretty good. This time the cookies are even better.” I unpack the cookies. “Care to try--”

Alice immediately grabs one and holds it with both hands in front of her eyes.

Wow, they’re amazing! What’s the white sticky stuff?” She looks at the cookie with big curious eyes.

Cough, cough… It’s nougat, basically a type of caramel.”

Really? Then let me give it a try.” She says before opening her mouth.

As Alice bites into the cookie she closes her eyes in delight and squeals with pleasure.

This brings me the perfect opportunity for the next experimental magical and divine treatment.

I whisper “Heal…” and at the same time activate the purification spell with a hand behind her back, hoping to eliminate her cancer.

Ah!” Alice exclaims in surprise. She stops moving and looks towards me with uncertainty.

Although I do not know what she’s feeling, the treatment ends after five seconds when my divine power runs out. Just an instant before I stopped the purification spell.

That was… Weird…” She looks down to her thighs places a hand to her chest. “Weird but good.” Alice gazes into my eyes.

“… Alright Alice, this time you received super delicious cookies. It’s so good that it kills cancer cells, probably. I’d like for you to get another examination as soon as you can so that you can stop your therapy as quickly as possible…”

Thanks!” Alice exclaims with a warm expression.

“… And grow hair as soon as possible.” I complete my last sentence.

That’s mean! Don’t say that!… Gosh I miss my hair!” Alice replies vigorously.

Hearing her say that I ask the color of her hair.

“… Red.”

Red? You mean orange like a redhead?”

No, red-red! It’s redder than other girls…” Alice pushes her fingers together.

Huh. I’d like to see it then.”

“… Sure.” She smiles sweetly and finishes her cookie.

“… How old are you by the way?”

Seventeen in two weeks!” She exclaims proudly.

Oh… You look young.”

Mm!!” She hums aggressively before continuing. “I’ll ask the doctor to scan my lungs again. If I’m discharged I’ll organize a small birthday party for my family… And y-you…” The end of her sentence makes her shy suddenly.

I didn’t mind coming to her birthday, although it might be awkward if I’m the only outsider.

But seeing her ask like this I couldn’t refuse.

Sure, I’ll come if I’m invited. What kind of gift do you want?”

You don’t need to bring a gift!”

Really? How about a piano?”

I don’t play piano! And that’s too big!”

I propose an alternative. “It won’t be magical or anything but how about I bake a cake?”

Yes, yes! I want one!” Alice immediately changes attitude.

Pfft! Sweet tooth!” I call out her addiction in a playful tone.

You’re the one baking such good things, how am I the sweet tooth?” She rebukes me with a pout.

Who knows…” I look away with a grin.

Hey, give me your phone number. I’ll call you if I’m discharged… And I’ll text you my address…” Alice takes out her smartphone and hands it towards me.

Un… Sure.”

I enter my number in her smartphone and continue chatting about little things. I share more things about me like my age, my studies and such.

Do you have family, Edward?”

I have two loving parents, no siblings however. I don’t know a lot about my extended family.”

I see! You’re kind of like me then.”

So what do you want to do later in life?”

I want to pursue my acting career, why?”

Career?”

Oh! Right, you didn’t know me… Hehe.”

(Is she supposed to be famous?)

Since I didn’t watch that many movies and little to no TV series, it was no surprise I wouldn’t know of her.

“… What’s your last name?” I ask Alice.

Simmons.” She answers with a smug smile.

I search her name online with my phone and quickly find a page with the list of her roles.

She started acting seven years ago.

You started at nine!?” I ask in surprise.

Alice crosses her arms in front of her chest. “Hehe, you’re impressed?”

“… That’s pretty good.”

But before I caught a glimpse of a picture of her before she lost her hair, Alice swipes away on my screen.

Nope, you’ll have to wait before you see me with my hair!”

I chuckle at her antics. “Fine.”

Soon after the wind catches up and Alice starts getting cold.

Well then, it’s time for me to go.” Alice hums and purses her lips.

Bye, Alice.” I stand up.

“… Bye-bye!” Alice stands up and takes a step towards me to hug me tightly for a second before letting go and walking away.

She turns around and waves before making her way back to the hospital.

(She seems well… That’s great news.)

I get home, take a drink and grab my bow and practice arrows. I head out to the archery club.

Cassandra spots me as I arrive.

Look who skipped practice yesterday…” She says while looking at me with pursed lips.

Sorry, sorry… I had a lot going on. I’ll text you next time! Promise.”

Hum… Not fine! I’m not happy!”

My eyebrows jump up. Why isn’t she forgiving me for such a little thing?

Be it luck or Enhanced Charisma 1, the answer comes to mind naturally.

Alright, here…” I approach Cassandra and give her a hug.

She immediately hugs back with a satisfied smile.

We practice archery for an hour and then I ask Cassandra on a date.

Cass, I’ve decided where to take you on a date tomorrow.”

Cassandra jumps on her toes in surprise before a light blush brightens up her face.

G-Great! I can’t wait… Big brother?”

What?”

Nothing… Should I start calling you Ed now?”

I prefer Edward though… But you can give me a nickname if you want.”

I’ll think of one then!… So where do we meet up?”

I was thinking of going shopping together at the mall. How about 10 in the morning?”

That’s perfect!”

With my new money I’d go buy a bunch of clothes… And a watch.

A while later we say our goodbyes and head home.

That evening I just lazed around looking at cars and bikes.

A text from Lucy vibrated my phone.

Hey Edward

How is it going? Haven’t heard from you in a while

(Hum, Lucy… I’m richer than you now. Should I show off?)

Hi Lucy

I’m great, and you?

Would you like to go on a date with me tomorrow or Sunday?

Sure! Either is fine

Where are we going? I can pick you up :)

Thanks

Let me reserve a place real quick

I quickly search for a well rated high-end restaurant and call their number to reserve a table for two.

Since they’re full on Saturday I get a table for Sunday evening.

I got a place for Sunday evening

Come pick me up in front of the Capitol’s metro station at 7 PM

She agrees to the plans.

I continue looking at vehicles, occasionally looking for deals around the area.

I’m not sure if I need to get the house first or the car.

I want to make use of my driver’s license.

I send emails to the real estate agencies and a Toyota dealership for a nice four-wheel drive truck model called the 4Runner.

I would just park the car somewhere until I buy the house.

They’re selling the car for a whopping 35 thousand.

This is going to be the biggest purchase of my life.”

I might need to repeat those words a few times over the next few days or weeks in Earth time.

I start watching random videos before going to sleep.

In the morning I receive an email from the dealership for the car which is available in a few colors.

They tell me to visit at any time.

With nothing else to do until 10 AM, I decide to head to the dealership that’s only a fifteen minutes’ walk away from the rendez-vous place with Cassandra.

I look at my barren closet and select a white shirt with black pants and walking shoes.

(I will buy better clothes soon!)

I go online and check on my cryptocurrency.

The value went up a little since I received it, it’s now worth 10 million and 20 thousand dollars.

I exchange a hundred thousand dollars’ worth into dollars into my bank account.

(I’ll have to justify it to the IRS… I’m probably already flagged suspicious with this.)

I get outside and take a bus.

Arriving at the Toyota dealership, a man in his late twenties comes over before talking about the cars.

I ask about the model I want and the dealer begins his monologue on the model before talking about all of the options that were available.

I really didn’t need a transparent ceiling for my car.

With all the options I wanted the cost went up to 45 thousand.

Alright. If I pay in one bank transfer. When can I get the car?”

Oh, great! We can have the car ready for you by either Monday or Tuesday!”

With a contract signed I make the payment and then walk to the mall to wait for Cassandra.

While waiting I open my banking app and increase the amount I can spend in a day before my credit card automatically shuts down.

(That ought to do it.)

A whopping 60 thousand dollars remaining in my bank account made me feel pretty good.

The taxes and IRS though… I might just hire an accountant.

(Wouldn’t Lucy know about this? She would…)

Correction, I might just ask Lucy to help me.

Cassandra arrives wearing a long white dress with red dress shoes as she holds onto a small red handbag.

She still has her usual ponytail.

She smiles as she sees me and we meet up.

Hi Cass… You look beautiful.”

You’re beautiful-- I mean handsome too!”

I chuckle and take her hand to lead her around the shops.

So I was thinking of updating my own wardrobe and gifting you some clothes…”

Really?… Thank you!”

If you don’t want clothes but a piece of jewelry or something else instead don’t be shy and ask.”

That’s fine! I’m happy with clothes!

We go around different expensive shops. Cassandra helps me choose the better clothes with the best fits.

I get my measurements done by a staff lady and order a business suit along with dress shoes, black pants, a white shirt and a few neckties to be made and delivered to me for a few thousand dollars.

I also get a new coat for autumn or spring, some T-shirts, jeans, a pair running shoes and a new pair of leather trek shoes for the Dream world.

That’s when I see a beautiful dress on a mannequin.

Cass! Look at that dress.”

Hum? Ooh…”

The dress is an ostentatious but classy take on a ball dress. It’s made of purple silk that goes down the neck to show some cleavage. A vertical slit goes up to the right thigh and subtle motifs of lily flowers ornate the dress.

What do you think? Do you like it?”

It’s nice--” She takes a look at the price tag. “But a little too expensive for a gift right?”

Eh.” I take a look and it costs a thousand bucks. A bit less than 0.01 percent of my current wealth. “It’s fine, I want to gift it to you.”

“… I don’t think you’re that wealthy, though… I can ask my mom to foot the bill.” Cassandra tries to be nice or not feel indebted to me.

It’s okay, I’ll get it for you…” I tell her in the nicest tone I can do.

“… Why?” She looks into my eyes for an answer.

I think you’d look great in it, and I wanted to gift you a present…”

Mmm…

Anyway, let’s go see if they have one your size!”

Alright…” Cassandra looks at my feet. “Eddy.”

Ed what?”

Eddy! I thought of a nickname for you.”

You make it sound like it’s a reward for the dress!”

It might be?”

Ha, well, go ask the clerk!”

Cassandra asks the clerk who says that the one on display is the only one they have. She removes the dress from the mannequin and hands it to her.

After a while Cassandra exits a changing room, wearing the dress.

I think it fits well…” She says in a reluctant tone.

It’s a gorgeous look, Cass.”

Cassandra looks to the side while a blush creeps to her ears.

Thanks…”

I ask the clerk a question. “Miss, are there shoes that go with the dress?”

Yes, follow me. With the same color scheme we have dress shoes or high heels.” She explains.

The high heels look better and make Cassandra a lot sexier, and although Cassandra protests that they cost a little more than the other pair I ignore her and gift her the dress with the high heels.

She changes back to her white dress and red shoes and we continue shopping with one more shopping bag.

Slightly away from Cassandra’s eyes I buy myself silk boxers and socks.

We head out to a shop where glass cases show off jewelry, watches and accessories for both genders.

I get myself a nice silver watch since I thought gold items are too gaudy.

(Or should I say… Gauldy?)

I see Cassandra look at the hairpin display.

Various styles are on display such as oriental and western designs.

As the clerk packs my watch I attract his attention discretely.

I whisper to him ,“Hey, could you pack that 300 dollars golden hairpin in a little gift box? Don’t let the lady know!…”

He answers with a smile and the OK sign.

I step to Cassandra’s side and attract her attention away from the hairpins.

The clerk packs everything up.

I pay the total and I notice my increasing hunger.

Cass, are you hungry?”

Yeah! But I’m paying this time! You can’t say no!”

Alright. Choose wherever you want to eat!”

We walk around and enter a barbecue restaurant.

(Cass sure has decent common sense for food.)

Cassandra holds on my sleeve and speaks by my ear.

So? I know you like meat so I wanted to bring you somewhere you’d like?”

You sure know me, but don’t pretend you dislike barbecue, no human could.”

What about vegans?”

I said humans, Cass!”

Cassandra starts laughing out loud and her contagious laughter infects me.

We sit down on a rectangular leather couch with a table in the middle and a waiter comes by bringing us the menu.

Here you are, I’ll come take your order in a few!”

I look at the menu.

My eyes speed read through the entire thing in five seconds.

They have marinated barbecue beef ribs… I’ll take those with fries, what about you?”

Hum… A salad…?” She says ambiguously.

What!?” I exclaim.

Just kidding! I haven’t read the menu yet, silly. I’m not sure how you chose your order already!”

I let her choose slowly as I look at her face.

Gazing at her, a sense of warmth flows out of my heart and stomach.

(I like her…)

I used to have a big crush on Elisa, but she hasn’t been very receptive to me.

However it’s true I once used a bit of hypnosis on Cassandra, not that it would have done much. Instead she’s the only one who did not notice my charisma increase.

But if I started dating Cassandra, that would mean I’d have to give up on Elisa and Lucy.

On the other hand I could still keep the completely brainwashed girls like Yazmina, Eufrasia and Fiki in the mansion I wanted to purchase.

Obviously, even though I liked Alice she was too young. On the other hand there’s also professor Vanessa that’s quite hot but I doubt I’d have a chance with her without using hypnosis.

(Cass is indeed the best for me in every way… I wouldn’t have ever met her without the Dream world making me get a bow.)

Cassandra places the menu down on the table. “Alright, I’ve decided.”

The waiter coincidentally comes along with his notepad at that moment.

They often did that, didn’t they.

Have you decided on your orders?” He asks.

I’ll have marinated beef ribs with fries.”

We have ketchup and our homemade mayonnaise or tartar sauce to go along with fries if you’d like.” Proposes the waiter.

Tartar sauce, please.”

And for the young lady?”

Could you tell me more about the crocodile tail?” Cassandra asks the waiter.

Yes, they’re crocodile tails imported from Florida, it tastes mostly like poultry and it’s served with a salt and pepper cream sauce.”

I’ll take it with the pistachio nut appetizer.”

Very well, any drinks or deserts?”

We order some lemonade and some strawberry ice-cream for desert.

Cassandra’s appetizer arrives and I entertain her as we wait for the main dish.

The ribs and crocodile tail arrive.

My ribs melts in the mouth, caramelized all around with a bunch of spices.

Hum! Yum! Eddy, wanna try the crocodile?”

Sure!”

Cassandra places a bite’s worth on her fork and holds it out to me with an obvious blush.

I taste her crocodile and it’s nice as well, albeit not as savory as my dish.

I stab a piece of beef rib with my own fork.

Cass, here, try this.”

Alright…” I hold out my fork and Cassandra opens her mouth, showing a cute red tongue that soon goes back into hiding as she eats the beef. “Mmm… It’s delicious!”

While we drink our lemonade we finish our lunch. Cassandra pays for the meal and we make our way out the restaurant.

We resume going around shops but we don’t purchase anything, only spending time together.

At 3 PM, we sit down on the stone edge of a fountain.

I take the velvety blue box with the hairpin inside in my hand and hide it behind my back.

Cassandra?”

Un? What is it, Eddy?”

I got you this…” I show her the box. “Open it.”

Oh no, you shouldn’t have!…” Despite her words she takes and opens the box. “… It’s beautiful. Can I really have it?”

Cassandra leaves the opened box on her thighs and covers her cheeks.

I clear my throat and try to calm my thumping heart.

Of course you can have it…”

“… But, why did you gift me so much…?” While she asks, Cassandra looks at the fountain’s flowing water.

Because I… I like you!”

Oh… Eddy!…”

Will you be my girlfriend, Cassandra?”

The nervousness makes me think about crazy answers she could reply with and what I would then say.

Sorry, I didn’t tell you but I already have a boyfriend?”

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little girl? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Qaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me…”

I wake up from my trance.

Cassandra replies to my question with a hug.

Yes! You’re my boyfriend now!”

I hear a splash and look in the fountain.

You dropped the hairpin!” I exclaim.

Ah!! No!” Cassandra plunges an arm in the water and retrieves the box and hairpin. “I got it!”

Alright, let’s make sure you don’t drop it anymore.” I take the hairpin and fix it at the base of her ponytail.

Cassandra smiles at me.

It looks amazing on you.”

Really?”

Of course, you’re so beautiful that I’ll return your clumsy hug.” I slide over closer to her and hug Cassandra’s waist.

My girlfriend rests her head on my nape and kisses my neck.

I kiss her ear in response.

The mood heats up a little and before long we are face to face, hugging each other.

Cassandra has a bright blush tinting her cheeks like rose petals.

Ignoring anyone else looking our way, our lips come into contact and tingles rise up our spines.

We hug ourselves close again and my girlfriend whispers in my ear “I love you”.

I whisper back.

I love you too.”

(Life is good.)

I accompany her back to her bus. We kiss one last time and Cassandra boards her bus. I wave as she leaves.

(Today’s a good day.)

15