A stiff deal
34 2 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Jax was just listening at first. They began to talk about finances, the subject quickly had shifted over to a project that Ian had been working on. “I need more than 10,000 for that building fund. This will NOT cut it.” Ian stood up, his chair pushing out from behind him as he slammed his fists against the table.

“Well guess what? If you don’t have a way to get more funding, then we’re all stuck.” A demon, whose hair was slicked back, blonde-haired. His eyes were green but filled with annoyance. Jax could see it from where he sat. He started to get curious about what Ian was trying to build, and how he would get more funding.

“I do “ Ian’s voice was low and stiff. He snatched some papers from DP’s hands and threw them onto the table. “Casino. ‘941, Baltic main. Wolf territory. “ Jax’s eyes widened, he stood up immediately, slamming a fist on the table, all attention went to him.

“YOU BASTARD! YOU CAN’T SELL MY CASINO!” He had enough. Ian had gone too far. But yet, when Ian glared at Jax, he suddenly realized what he had done. The other demons were staring at him, all of them seemed angry. He slowly turned his head to Ian again, expecting the worse.. Black.

****

All he saw was black, then he heard muffled shouts, his head hurt, his whole body hurt. He had woken up, blinking some. The lights were bright, he heard Ian’s voice.

“I CAN'T CONTROL WHEN HE TALKS” Whoever Ian was yelling at, sounded pissed off. Jax raised his head up slightly to see a demon with a leather suit. He had a ring on, the same ring from the pictures he saw in the hall.

“KILL HIM THEN, FORIN! IT WON’T AFFECT THE COMPANY!” Their voice was slightly high-pitched, and sounded a bit older. Something else caught his attention, Another demon had sat down nearby and had been studying Jax. HE laid still, he was hoping the demon would believe he was resting.

“Enough.“ Both Ian and the demon had fallen quiet immediately. He stood up, grabbing ahold of the other demon's arm.“He understands. And it will not happen again, correct?” The demon pulled the other back, pushing him behind him.

“No sir, My apologies. I will get him trained..” Ian’s voice was calm and respectful. But by his posture, from what Jax saw, he was scared. Terrified if you will.

Good.

 The two left the room….Ian let out a sigh of relief.

“Dammit, Jax..”. The door opened again, DP had come back in, resting a hand on Ian’s back. “I need to get him trained. But at the same time, they’ll break his mind, and I don’t want that. I want the normal Jax dammit.” He held his head, obviously stressed.

“Perhaps you could strike a deal with him..? Or.. maybe.. Train him yourself? It's just a suggestion..”

“I’ll keep that in mind, DP.” “We should get going..” “Yeah.” Jax felt himself being picked up, he squeezed his eyes shut, he felt tired, oddly... He soon fell asleep. Jax had woken up with a jolt. The train had hit a sudden stop, he was awake, and he was on the subway seat, Leaning on Ian’s shoulder. He was glaring at anyone who gave them a strange look.

“So what happened..?” Jax mumbled, a part of him hoping Ian was alright

.”Nothing. We post-poned the deal.” Ians posture was tense, and he wanted to know why he wouldn’t say anything about the two men before they left.

“So that's all?” he asked as he continued to lean on Ian, He just.. sat there staring at the floor.

*****

After they reached the house again. Jax followed him into the house, neither of them spoke to each other until they reached Ian’s room.

”Jax..” Ian spoke in a low soft tone, He turned his head, looking at Ian now. “ You have to straighten up or I'm going to have to send you to get trained” Ian crossed his arms, staring down at Jax

“What happens if I get trained?” Jax questioned, he kicked his shoes off, sitting on Ian’s bed.

“Well, first off, you’ll lose all your free will. You’ll have your mind broken until you don’t remember your own name. You won’t even be able to speak, that is, unless I say so. But you’ll be harmed. A lot.” Ian's tone was low.. He often did this when he didn’t want to cry. Which was a surprise to Jax. He sat next to Ian, nodding.

“ I’ll straighten out but you have to stop treating me lower than you”

“You better and I will. I need to lock you in here, before you start yelling.” He knew Jax too well now, he had just started to open his mouth. “I need to talk to Rin” He stood up, patting Jax’s head, and leaving the room, Jax soon heard a click.. Great.

2