The End – Ascension
5 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"You did it, Youmu!" The Divine Miko shouted.

"It's not done yet. There is a Douji still roaming about... Udonge, where did you last time see her?"

"I last saw her at the outskirts near the fortress gate... The place where you killed Seiran."

"Got it. Now let's move, and Young Mistress, find someplace safe."

The Divine Miko nodded, and flew off into the distance, as Youmu went back through the escape tunnel, and navigated her way back to the gate where she sees a huge claw mark on the ground in front of the gate.

There, she was met with a fight scene happening between an Ice fairy and an Oni.

"You are simply too dangerous to be around, Eye must defeat you!" The Ice Fairy shouted, holding a crystallized greatsword.

She prepares to strike the Oni with it, but the latter caught the blade using her index and middle fingers, and pulled her over.

The Oni then grabbed the Ice Fairy by the neck, lifted her up and slamming her back to the ground, creating a small crater upon impact.

She turned around to see Youmu.

"Ahh, it's you... Swordswoman... Or should I say, Konpaku Youmu."

"This isn't you, Hermit. Snap out of it."

"That hermit does not exist anymore. Now the only thing that lies within this shell is hatred... Pure, raging Hatred."

She then raised her right foot and stomped on the ground below her creating a small crater.

"I also happen to be starved... Your flesh would satisfy me, Swordswoman."

Youmu dashed towards the Oni, and tried to swing her blade at her which hits her right arm, but no cuts or blood came out from the attack.

"Is this all?" The Oni asked, before she then flicked Youmu's head using her fingers.

In an instant Youmu was sent flying towards a boulder behind her, the impact of the sharp rocks causing a shockwave that shocked her body. Youmu knelt down in pain, before standing back up.

"Try something else, Swordswoman!"

Youmu then threw a kunai, which Kasen flicked off the air using only her index and middle fingers.

"You're open."

Kasen raised a brow as Youmu then started to swing Hakuroken...

*BOING BOING BOING BOING*

...At the Oni's unearthly huge breasts, which jiggled after each hit, but no damage were done to her.

After swinging the blade at her breasts for a couple of more times, Youmu then thrusted the blade through Kasen's throat. Much to Kasen's surprise, the blade penetrated her neck's skin, nearly touching the flesh.

"I never imagined that the great swordswoman of the Divine Miko is such a pervert... Striking my assets like THAT!"

Kasen then slapped Youmu across her cheek, sending her flying to the side, hitting a tree. Youmu shook in pain, before she took a sip from her gourd.

After Youmu was done taking a sip, she looked up to see that Kasen had disappeared from where she was previously standing.

"Where did she go...?"

Then a huge shadow shrouds over Youmu, causing her to look up to see the Oni with her arms cast forward, attempting to pounce the petite half-phantom swordswoman.

A huge crater was made upon impact, and Kasen got up from it before widening her eyes as Youmu disappeared from the crater.

"Did I land so hard that she simply disappeared into space?"

"Think again, Oni."

Youmu thrusted her blade towards the back of Kasen's neck, this time it penetrated, and hits her flesh. However, it did not went out through the front, causing Youmu to pull out earlier.

However, in an instant Kasen turned around, grabbed the blade, stained with her own blood.

"Nice knife..."

She then snapped it in half by just crushing the blade under her overpowered grip.

"Now try something else."

Youmu threw the broken Hakuroken to the ground, apologizing to it before doing so.

"If I can't get you back to your senses... I have no choice but to banish you!"

Youmu pulls out Roukanken from it's scabbard on her back, and made a guarding stance.

"T... That's..." The Ice Fairy from before said slowly as she rose from her crater she lied in.

Kasen walked forwards, trying to hit Youmu with a punch, but was dodged, and countered with a slash on her hip. And much to Kasen's shock she felt pain from the slash.

"Soul Sign - Soul-Powered Slash!"

She raised her blade, which then glowed in a bright light, which extended the blade towards the skies. A couple of hitodama rose from the ground below and they collected themselves on the blade.

Youmu felt the sword becoming even more heavier as enough hitodama collected themselves on the blade. And with a slow swing she slashed Kasen, starting from the right hip.

The blade touches it, and Kasen growled in pain until she then shouted, releasing a shockwave from her body which caused Youmu to be blasted back to the ground, and much to her shock, the Roukanken's blade...

It shattered into tiny metal pieces.

Youmu shook in fear and desperation, the only weapon effective to cut even an Oni, is gone forever.

"Impossible..."

"Now you won't do anything without your sword... Die, Swordswoman."

Kasen slowly approached the downed half-phantom, raising her arm slowly as well, trying to finish it all at once.

However a few icicles flew from another direction, hitting the Oni in the side. She looked over to the source to see the Ice fairy, having fully recovered from the chokeslam from before.

"Ice Sign - Spinning Ice Kick!"

Her right leg is covered with a large ice shard which spins like a drill, as she then dived down with the kick hitting the Oni right in the chest. The ice shattered instantly, and Kasen retorted by grabbing the fairy's leg, twisting it, before blasting her away with danmaku.

Youmu got up, and trembled in terror as Kasen turned to look at her.

But then she remembered something. The Saigyouji woman... She did mention that Youmu may come back to her, but what does that mean?

Until she realized it. She will die totally.

"Youmu!"

Youmu turned around to see Reisen, the bunny eared girl running at her direction, not minding the Oni at the distance who turned her gaze at the bunny.

Youmu widened her eyes, before she then looked at her ghostly half, who nodded sadly. The ghostly half begins to engulf Youmu's body in it's aura, before flame-like aura emanates from her body.

"Soul Sign - Warrior's Sacrifice."

Youmu then ran towards Kasen before she reaches Reisen, groping her from behind, her arms wrapping around the Oni's globular breasts.

"W... What are you..."

"It's been a long day, buddy. But I need to banish you as quickly as possible."

The flame like aura begins to intensify and glow brightly.

"Youmu!"

Youmu then looked at a crying Reisen, as a small tear fell out of her right eye.

And in an instant, a huge explosion occurs, covering the whole area in a bright white light.

"Swordswoman... Thank... You..."

Youmu opened her eyes to see that she is floating along a river, alongside Kasen, who returned into her human form. Her right arm is severed, no bandages to cover it, nor the arm of the Oni which she had.

"Yeah... Sculpt me a grave, will ya?"

Youmu asked sarcastically, before a small rowboat floats beside them. Youmu raised a brow as she sees Komachi, with a small grin on her face.

"What took you so long? Thought you would signal me over, turns out you're having a dip."

"It's over, Komachi-San. My duty is done."

Komachi raised an eyebrow, before she made a small smile, and brought Youmu up onto the boat, and brought Kasen up as well.

Later on they would face the Yamaxanadu, Shiki Eiki. The red-haired Yama condemned Kasen over to hell, after what happened. Although the hermit suffered such fate, she is relieved that her dangerous self is now locked away from the living world.

As for Youmu? Shiki Eiki ordered Komachi to bring her to Hakugyokuro, where Yuyuko is seen waiting at the gates.

"I have waited for your arrival. Are your duties in the living world, done?"

"It is, Saigyouji-Sama. Now I'm back here, just like what you said before. Having nowhere else to go, may I have the honor to serve under you?"

The ghost smiled, and patted Youmu's head.

------------------
A few months later...

The Divine Miko walked over to the site where the demon was last seen. Now, beside the craters created from the battle lies a small gravestone. Two broken swords were laid in front of it. The gravestone reads:

"Here lies Konpaku Youmu, Greatest Swordswoman ever existed."

The Miko smiled sadly, before she knelt down and started a prayer. After she's done, she felt a presence behind her.

"Is it you, Inaba?"

"It is, Hakurei-Sama. I've come to mourn as well."

The Miko turned around to see the familiar Lunar Rabbit, her stomach swollen.

"It's a girl..."

"I see... Congratulations, Inaba. Do you have any idea what to name her?"

"I think I would name her Youmu as well... Out of memory, that is."

The Miko smiled, and caressed the pregnant belly of the rabbit.

"Then I shall await that day as well... The day where Konpaku Youmu II would arrive in this world."

"I can't wait as well, Hakurei-Sama."

"Now let me escort you back to Eientei. It's dangerous for you to wander around alone..."

The both of them walked away, as a small cherry blossom fell from the sky, and landed in front of the grave.

All of us, wether if we're human, Youkai, or even Lunarian were blessed with life. We exist to live that life to the fullest, despite the inevitable fate of death that lingers in front of us. Immortality removes all sign of our life, turning us undead... Suffering a lot of tragedies as a result. Now that the curse of immortality within me, the Watatsuki Sisters, Mokou, The Hermit Kasen, are all severed, now I shall live on in the afterlife... Serving under a new mistress. My name is Konpaku Youmu, and my tale has come to an end.

-----
- True Ending, Ascension -

1