Chapter 5 – Level Up!
111 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Waking up to a cold breeze Erina laid exhausted. Who knew Lily would like the roasted meat so much that she’d go and kill more things for Erina to cook. Erina glanced over at the lizard glutton, who was sleeping quite peacefully on a nearly full stomach, with a tinge of regret.

“If only I didn’t give you any…” Erina muttered.

After sitting up straight for a few minutes she decided to walk around the lake and take in the sights. Until someone stopped her.

“Erina, if I may so kindly suggest, you should use your stat and your skill points before moving on.”

“Huh? Those things I was given after leveling up?”

Erina groggily opened her system, but there was a problem.

“Hey system.”

“Yes, Erina?”

“How?”

“Ah, tap the plus icon next to the stat you wish to upgrade.”

“Thanks!”

Erina was very excited by the idea of getting stronger, then she would be able to enact her revenge sooner!

User - Erina

Race - Demi-Human

Sub-Race- Nine-Tailed Coyote

Age - 15

Level - 2

HP: 65/65

MP: 25/25

Strength: 7 (+)

Endurance: 3 (+)

Intelligence: 4 (+)

Wisdom: 1 (+) (⅕)

Agility: 6 (+)

Dexterity: 8 (+)

Luck: 2 

Skills:

Coyote Slash - Using your claws attack your enemy with a slash. Damage scales with strength.

Coyote Call - Any nearby coyotes of any shape or form will hear this call and has the option to come and help you, kill you, or ignore you. (5 MP)

Coyote Bark - Attempt to intimidate your foe with this rather intimidating bark. (5 MP)

Coyote Growl - Attempt to intimidate your foe with this more intimidating growl. (10 MP)

??? - ???

Passive Effects:

Racial Traits - Once you earn your ninth tail you will be a figure of power, one that demands respect amongst all coyotes. Until then any coyote with less tails than you must treat you as a superior.

Erina stared blankly at the window with no idea of what to do. How was she supposed to upgrade her stats without knowing what did what? After some thinking she came to a conclusion, Strength, Intelligence, and Agility were all self explanatory. So she’d upgrade those. Adding 6 points to Agility, 3 to Strength, and 1 to Intelligence, she nodded in satisfaction.

“Erina do not forget about your skill points.”

“Huh? Ah, how do I use them?”

After asking this question Erina swore she heard her AI sigh, but that thought was overshadowed by a new window that appeared over her previous.

“This is the shop, here you can buy skills, and when you have enough skill points, you can buy items.”

Erina read through the list of skills, not many interested her, but a few did, but they all costed 10 points.

Appraisal - Use this skill to get an idea of an opponent’s strength, information given will depend on opponent’s level.

Sneak - Enter a state of stealth, this state does not make you invisible and only dampens the sound made by you.

Enrage - A berserk skill that awakens your primal rage, this will increase Strength by 33%, Endurance by 33%, and Agility by 10%. Backlash undisclosed before purchase.

These skills all seemed very useful to Erina, especially Enrage, but she just couldn’t decide. She thought briefly to ask her system for advice, but quickly disregarded the thought as she didn’t wish to disappoint it further. She ultimately decided on {Appraisal}, but her luck stat was really beginning to show! 

“Erina!”

“Huh!? Ahh!”

Erina was assaulted by an overly friendly and confident Lily, who had jumped on her. This led to Erina tapping something, she just hoped it would be {Appraisal}.

“Lily! You’ve doomed me! My skills!”

Lily was shocked by this shout and quickly backed away, and promptly apologized.

“I’m sorry Erina! Please forgive me! Don’t forget you said you wouldn’t eat me!”

Erina decided to ignore the panicked lizard and instead fearfully open her universal page.

User - Erina

Race - Demi-Human

Sub-Race - Nine-Tailed Coyote

Age - 15

Level - 2

HP: 65/65

MP: 25/25

Strength: 10

Endurance: 3 

Intelligence: 5

Wisdom: 1 

Agility: 10

Dexterity: 8 

Luck: 2 

Skills:

Coyote Slash - Using your claws attack your enemy with a slash. Damage scales with strength.

Coyote Call - Any nearby coyotes of any shape or form will hear this call and has the option to come and help you, kill you, or ignore you. (5 MP)

Coyote Bark - Attempt to intimidate your foe with this rather intimidating bark. (5 MP)

Coyote Growl - Attempt to intimidate your foe with this more intimidating growl. (10 MP)

Sneak (Lvl 1)  - Enter a state of stealth, this state does not make you invisible and only dampens the sound made by you.

Passive Effects:

Racial Traits - Once you earn your ninth tail you will be a figure of power, one that demands respect amongst all coyotes. Until then any coyote with less tails than you must treat you as a superior

Erina buried her face into her hands and let out a muffled scream. Not wanting to spook Lily any further she vented her rage in her thoughts.

‘Damnit! This was the one I didn’t want! Curse my luck and curse these damned gods! It’s like they’re enjoying my suffering!’

Erina was blinded by her rage, and she didn’t wish to yell at Lily. She decided to quickly take a jog around the lake, this jog did help her relax. She saw just how beautiful the lake was, shiny and shimmering by reflecting the morning sun’s light. It was quite a beautiful sight, luckily the lake was small too, one could mistakenly call it a pond. As she was close to finishing her jog, something shiny caught her eye, though she didn’t think much of it. She continued to jog, though this slight distraction would prove detrimental.

SPLASH

Erina had tripped on a root! She even fell directly into the lake! Her only set of clothes and herself were now soaked. Resurfacing, her previous rage was rekindled as she once again began to shout.

“You fucking gods! Do you want me to suffer? Do you wish for me to become a godslayer?”

These shouts of rage turned into cries, these cries could be heard by a certain lizard at a certain camp. Lily sure wished she was stronger than Erida so she could run away at this moment!

After Erina had calmed herself down and returned to camp, she built a fire. Of course after this fire was lit Lily immediately ran into the woods to kill some unfortunate animal. 

Time passed and it reached noon, the two now had full bellies and had restarted their journey.

3