Chapter 9 – Learning!
51 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Oh! Is it ready?” Shelley quickly noticed Erina taking the meat from there and excitedly moved closer.

“Yea, here you go.” Erina handed Shelly the slightly bigger piece of meat, she seemed quite hungry.

“Mm! Thank you!” Shelly somehow spoke through a mouthful of food, she really seemed to like it. A few minutes later and both girls were now full, so they decided to pack up camp.

The sun was finally peeking through the trees giving Erina an accurate image of Shelly. Shelly was short, with the body of a little girl, shoulder length brown hair, and deep blue eyes. She bore leather armor upon a simple tunic and pants.

Erina also noticed her pointed ears, which may suggest she’s a wood elf, it would explain her expertise in traversing the forest.

“I didn’t know you were an elf.”

“Are you blind?” Shelly chuckled at the obliviousness of this coyote girl.

“The sun wasn’t up yet!” Erina had to quickly retort and defense herself. Shelly only chuckled and continued to walk, though her speed was still significantly faster than Erina who was barely able to avoid tripping on roots. 

Eventually Erina and Shelly decided to stop and rest near a rather small stream, sustained by a source which neither of the girls could see.

“Where are we?” Erina had been meaning to ask this question to someone, and decided Shelly to be perfect.

“Uh, the Overgrown Forest?” Shelly was a little caught off guard, she had figured Erina atleast knew where she was.

“No, like kingdom, what kingdom?”

“Ah well, we are technically in the Frètash Kingdom, Frètash Empire, and Frètash Federation all at once. It’s a civil war that has shown no sign of ending. The bloodshed has been quite severe yet needless.” Shelly’s mood quickly turned downcast on this topic.

“Ah. I see. Thank you for telling me!” Erina gave Shelly a bright smile in an effort to cheer her up, which worked surprisingly well, causing Shelly to giggle.

“Just how much don’t you know?”

Erina only shrugged in response, she truly didn’t know. She only had a 1 in Wisdom, so maybe she didn’t know anything.

“Are there any monsters in this forest?” Erina did know one thing, that she needed to get stronger, and quickly. If people are all as strong as the merchant, then she knew she needed to be leagues stronger in order to stand a chance against a noble.

“Yea! Me! Besides that one there are some monsters deeper within, though they are very strong. I can handle one but not two. Do you wanna fight them?”

“I don’t really have a choice, I need to grow stronger, and fast.”

Shelly nodded and asked a seemingly simple question.

“What’s your class?”

Erina tilted her head in confusion, she didn’t have one of those, not yet atleast.

“I don’t have one.”

If Shelly was drinking something she’d have spit it out right now. Everyone had a class! Well, everyone past fifteen did.

“Ask your system about it, it’ll give good explanation.”

“Huh? You have a system too?! How?”

Shelly was once again caught off guard, was Erina stupid? Shelly shook her head and explained how everyone has a system.

“You see, everyone has a system and no one knows why. The system popped up one day some months ago, it hasn’t been around for a long time, but everyone has one. The system hasn’t changed since then but I know that if one’s potential is high enough they get special privileges. Though the system doesn’t tell you how much potential you have, I know I have enough for an AI.”

“Same here! One last question. What year is it?”

Shelly really didn’t know how this girl was alive right about now, she seemed to know nothing at all!

 Shelly shook her head and sighed. “2381.”

This answer caused Erina’s eyes to widen, she really couldn’t believe it! When she had died it was 2374, it had been a whole 7 years! She began to wonder how much has changed, was that noble she vowed revenge upon even alive?


Erina elected to nod as if she had expected this answer, though she most definitely didn’t. Shelly squinted her eyes in suspicion, making Erina feel as if her soul was being read. Not a comfortable feeling, so Erina decided to move on and ask her system some questions.


“Tulip, what are classes?”


“Classes are a specialty, it’s name and abilities are all determined from what you want your specialty to be. For example, an Archer could be good at speed, stealth, and ranged combat, while a Tank would be the complete opposite.”


“When do I get a class?” Erina tilted her head in confusion, she had her system, so why wouldn’t she start with a class?


“How do you have so much potential and be so uninformed. You get a beginners class at level 5, from there that class will branch off into stronger classes at level 20. This continues until level 350, I am not at liberty to share any further information.”


Erina nodded her head, satisfied with Tulip’s response. “I see, well thank you Tulip! Now Shelly, let’s go kill some monsters!”


Shelly’s inquiring glare quickly turned to one of excitement and anticipation. “Okay, but I’ll be protecting you should anything go wrong, we wouldn’t want your beautiful face to be harmed!” 


After saying this Shelly grabbed Erina by her wrist, which was strangely not broken but still extremely sore, and began to pull her through the trees.

5