Chapter 12 – Defeated!
40 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

With her eyes locked onto the next leg of the ant, she charged, while still being bombarded by the spikes. Dodging them had become rather difficult, luckily, while enraged it seemed her instincts became much stronger than before. This allowed her to dodge more effectively, though it was still difficult as the ant stomped quicker to compensate for inaccuracies. She had been nicked a few times, the wounds weren’t anything worth worrying over. 

She did reach the next leg, and as she began to swing, she felt the sword vibrate. Glowing with a slight orange hue, the sword seemed to pull Erina’s arm, something she was most certainly not prepared for. The sword cut through the leg with ease, leaving the leg smoking and in halves. The ant let out a screech of pain, it’s balance was really in jeopardy now, should it lose its last leg on that side it would fall over and be completely useless! The ant really didn’t like this thought and stomped it’s legs once more.

This time rocks shot from the ground and formed around the ant as a form of armor, this was including the legs. Erina most likely wouldn’t be able to break through the armor without help. Even with the damage she had done, she felt as though this was a lost battle.

Before she could admit her defeat, a bright blue arrow sped by, leaving a trail of freezing fog. Erina watched as the arrow struck the joint connecting the leg of the ant to the body of the ant. Upon impact the leg and half of the ant’s body were frozen in a thick dense whiteish blue ice. 

With many questions in mind, Erina lunged at the now frozen leg, as the sword began to vibrate once more. With the same orange hue as before, it began to pull Erina for the second time, Erina, however, would not complain. Breaking the leg in pieces, the ant could only watch in horror as it fell over, shattering it’s frozen half into many pieces. The ant’s vision quickly went dark as its eyes lost its color. 

You have defeated an opponent many levels higher than you! You are rewarded 4 levels!

Teamwork! By cooperating with another system user to defeat a strong opponent you have earned 10 XP

Erin wish she could celebrate these messages, but after the ant was defeated it’s spikes were sucked back underground. Shelly, who was encased in these spikes, fell down limp, the only thing keeping her from falling to the ground completely was the impromptu cage itself.

Erin quickly ran over to Shelly and cast her appraisal.

Shelly (Mana Deficiency 5:30:00) - Wood Elf

Class - Huntress

LVL - 11

HP - 1/120

MP - 0/100

Frowning, she turned to Tulip, for answers, all while watching the timer count down. 

“Tulip, what is a mana deficiency?”

“A mana deficiency is simply when you use more

mana than your body produces, forcing you into a weakened state until that deficit is covered. For Shelly to be unconscious, I’m assuming she used way too much mana on that last arrow.”

Erina nodded, though she liked the moment of peace, she really didn’t want to stay around here, especially with an unconscious Shelly. Picking Shelly into a princess carry, Erina dashed through the woods until she arrived at their campsite from last night.

Laying Shelly down, Erina sighed, she was exhausted. Laying herself down next to Shelly, she looked to her universal page to see what had changed.

User - Erina

Race - Demi-Human

Sub-Race - Nine-Tailed Coyote

Age - 15

Level - 10 (91 XP to Level Up)

HP: 32/175

MP: 40/120

Strength: 13 (+)

Endurance: 6 (+)

Intelligence: 8 (+)

Wisdom: 3 (+) (½)

Agility: 17 (+)

Dexterity: 8 (+)

Luck: 2 

Skills:

Coyote Slash - Tap to Expand

Coyote Call - Tap to Expand (5 MP)

Coyote Bark - Tap to Expand (5 MP)

Coyote Growl - Tap to Expand (10 MP)

Sneak (Lvl 1)  - Tap to Expand

Appraisal (Lvl 1) - Tap to Expand

Enrage - Tap to Expand

Passive Effects:

Racial Traits - Once you earn your ninth tail you will be a figure of power, one that demands respect amongst all coyotes. Until then any coyote with less tails than you must treat you as a superior

Looking at her HP, in shock, she began to think about all her stat and skill points she had been rewarded. Hungry and exhausted, she fell into a deep slumber next to Shelly, she would distribute the points later.

3