Chapter 3: Awakening
40 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the days after Bridget left I sat silently before the ash tree I was previously chained to and continuously cultivated Divinity through the fusion of ambient Mana and the Origin Qi flowing through my body naturally.

On the fifth morning as the sun rose over the eastern horizon I managed to open my final meridian making it possible for my Divinity to cycle throughout my entire body.

After forcing it open I began to cycle my Divinity throughout my body's meridians, and a Divine Edict constructed from countless Archaic Asgardian Runes spread outwards beneath me.

A fiery pain began to spread throughout my body as my Divinity began to once again break down and reconstruct my body.

As the process continued 12 different colored points of light manifested in the air around me, each of them giving off a different aura.

At that moment my body was lit ablaze by a spout of translucent white colored Aura Flames containing streaks of black that burned my clothes away in an instant.

As the flames flared up my pain was instantly multiplied tens of times and a Runic Image of a World Tree surrounded by 12 maginificent suns of differing colors spread across my back.

The Ruhk of Deva could take on many forms; from the horns of dragons, and the essence cores of various species; to various-sized Runic Images.

The Runic Image that spread across my back was my Ruhk. After it was completed space suddenly stagnated in a one-mile radius of my current position as the ambient Mana formed a whirlpool above my head and an attractive force erupted outwards from my body drawing it inwards.

Said Mana rushed into my body where it was refined by my Soul and fused with my Origin Qi to constantly produce more Divinity that flowed through my meridians.

My Bloodline was then fully Awakened and the 12 points of light surrounding me grew to become head-sized orbs emitting an overwhelming suppressive force reminiscent of Divine Might.

Rings of light rippled outwards from each of them overlapping with one another, achieving a state of mutual balance. 

I opened my eyes and the orbs released blinding rays of light as Gungrir Manifested in the air before me.

I stared at it with conflicting emotions for a long moment before reaching out to grab a hold of it. As I took Gungrir into my hands my blood began to boil for the first time in years.

In my most recent lives, after I Awakened my memories I chose not to transform into a Deva; choosing instead to live out the remainder of those lives as a human, wandering from place to place, waiting patiently for the next life to come.

I had grown weary of the endless battle and lacked any desire to pick up my spear and charge head first onto the battlefield. As such, I hadn't seen or held Gungrir in many years. In all that time though, I had constantly felt as if a piece of myself was missing.

This life would have most likely been the same if it wasn't for Frigg's current Incarnation (Savannah) being my fiancee, the temple's destruction at the hands of Laughing Hell, and the arrival of Bridget and the other Worldgaurds and Angels within this world and their explanation of the current circumstances.

But that had changed, I now understood that I could no longer seclude myself. I had people in this life whom I must protect, people whose deaths I must avenge, and a Fate that I could not escape.

Although Cassandra had said that we could not involve non-Asgardians in our battle on this world; I knew that most Vikings including those in Laughing Hell were more likely than not the current Incarnations of Asgardians. As such I would most likely be able to lay waste to Laughing Hell and avenge the deaths of Siegfried and the others.

"In this battle, this endless cycle will finally come to an end and we will all be set free. For better, or for worse." My eyes took on a light of sharpness as I hardened my resolve to see this battle through to the end.

After a while, I once more closed my eyes and settled into a meditative state.

I focused my mind and my Anima left my body, entering my Internal World. 

When my Anima descended upon my Internal World what entered my field of vision was an endless night sky containing 12 massive stars.

The 12 stars hung in a circular formation giving off rays of light and auras identical to those of the orbs hovering in the air around my physical body.

I moved my mind and appeared within the region of space located in the middle of the 12 stars.

With the intention of my will, Gungrir once more manifested itself before me.

12 Heaven Devouring streams of flame then surged forth from within the stars and collided; creating a huge ball of translucent flames identical to those surrounding me earlier that enveloped me within.

My Anima went through a process similar to the one that my body and soul had withstood just minutes prior as it experienced the refinement of the translucent flames.

As the process continued, a Soul devouring pain ate away at my mental state; yet my mind remained vigorous as Divinity continued to empower me.

After a while, flames ceased surging outwards from the 12 stars and the ball of translucent flame collapsed inwards. 

As my eyes slowly opened a suppressive might spread outwards to cover the entirety of my Internal World.

"It's been quite a while since I last experienced the sensation of genuine Divine Might; that belonging to either me or any other Deva. It brings back quite a few memories..."

A reminiscent light flashed through my eyes as I briefly thought back to the days of old; traveling through the myriad realms with Vili and the others at my side.

"I guess it'll be a few more years before I can Awaken them from their slumber, as I have to reach the Blossoming Divinity Stage first. Although I possess a deep understanding in regards to my various Authorities and Bloodline Powers; I still require time to cultivate sufficient reserves of Divinity to empower both my Body and Soul before advancing any further." 

I shook myself of my reverie and stretched my hand forward to grab ahold of Gungrir which was floating in the void directly before me.

Earlier the spear's Divine Might had been many times weaker than what it had been at its peak during my first life and gave off a slightly timeworn aura.

After undergoing the refinement of Divine Flames formed from my Divinity its timeworn aura had vanished; and although its Divine Might was far off from what it had once been it was much stronger than earlier.

After grasping the spear I cast a final glance at the boundless night sky surrounding me before once again moving my mind.

My Anima then departed my Internal World and once more settled within my physical body.

After returning to my physical body I opened my eyes.

For the most part, everything remained as it had been when my Anima first departed to enter my Internal World.

The only major differences were that the 12 orbs of light surrounding me now emitted genuine Divine Might that suppressed a larger portion of the world around me, and the Runic Image on my back now emitted a dim luster and possessed a higher degree of clarity.

Translucent flames continued to envelop my body as a whirlpool of Mana continued to hang above my head and a Divine Edict continued covering the ground beneath me. 

I once more focused my mind and began to continue cultivating Divinity.

Announcement
Hey it's Azu here, this chapter is slightly shorter than usual mainly because I didn't feel like forcefully making it longer and convulting the story. There will be 2 more chapters later this week, one on Thursday Friday and the second on Saturday. After this week I will only be releasing 1 chapter per week for this series; as it is a side story to Kibo: The New Age of Cornith, and I want to focus more of my time on my other series.

Azu out!

1