Chapter 01
103 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The beeping of my alarm clock thrashed me awake and as I groggily moved my hand to it to hit the snooze button, only to realize I had overslept by almost an hour and if I didn’t hurry, I was going to be late for class. Quickly sitting up, I rushed out of my bed, getting tangled in my blanket and falling face first into the floor. Jumping up, I rushed to get dressed, throwing on my school uniform before rushing into the bathroom to brush my teeth. I also tied my pink hair into pigtails. Leaving the bathroom, I walked into the kitchen, seeing my dad standing by the table in his hero costume. Seeing me walk in, he walked over to me 

“You’re going to be late, Yura.” pulling my face into his chest, he kissed my forehead “I left your breakfast on the table. I won’t be back till later tonight. Paperwork has been piling up at the Agency.” 

Yes, that’s right. My dad is a pro hero with his own agency, although he’s not very popular and only has one sidekick working under him. “Don’t worry dad, I’ll make it if I run. Now shoo, shoo, you can’t be late again.”

 Pushing him out of the kitchen and towards the door. He turned his head toward me and ruffled my hair. “I left some leftovers in the fridge, so don’t wait for me before you eat. Now have a good day at school.” With that, he finally walked out, closing the door behind him, leaving me to head back into the kitchen to grab my toast, shuffling it into my mouth as I rushed out of the house while slipping my shoes on.

Running down the steps of my apartment building, I ran down the street where I saw my best friend Ruri Sai walking down the street slowly, her long black hair being tied up in a ponytail, the dark blue streaks running through it matching her eyes. Running up behind her, I leapt onto her, wrapping both my arms around her neck as I spun around her, giggling. “Good Moooorning!”

 Ruri grabbed my wrist, prying me off before she continued walking, me following close behind her. “Yura, what did I say about running up on me like that?” 

“Oh, come on, you love it.” Ruri let out a small sigh before looking back at me with a big smile on her face. “Anyway, have you decided what highschool you want to attend.” As we continued our way to school I walked in circles around Ruri as we talked “It should be obvious Ruri, we are both going to attend U.A, Yura Kazane and Ruri Sai the coolest heroine duo in Japan!” Ruri looked at me with a satisfied grin before we high fived laughing. “Now come on, if we don’t hurry we are going to be late.” 

Me and Ruri had barely made it in one time huffing as we walked into the classroom and sat down in our seats. I went through the whole day on autopilot until our last class, where we were finally giving out the forms to decide what path we wanted to go down. The teacher was handing out the papers and addressing the class at the same time. “Now I know all of you want to be heroes and attend U.A but I still want you all to look at other options. Not everyone is cut out to be a hero.” I scoffed at my teacher’s words. She was wrong. If you tried hard enough and put in all the effort you could, anyone could make a hero, but my teacher’s flawed viewpoint was the least of my concerns right now.

 Instead, I leaned over to Ruri’s desk. “It is finally time, Ruri, the start of our journey to becoming heroes.” She looked up from her paper and smiled at me. “Yeah, it is.”

When the bell rang, me and Ruri scurried out to the school. I went home and changed into more comfortable clothes, a pair of sweats and a t-shirt before heading to her house to celebrate with dinner after I successfully convinced Ruri over texts that it wasn’t too early to. Though I felt bad about letting the leftovers go to waste, sorry dad. Approaching the front door, I knocked on the door lightly and soon a tall woman with dark blue hair opened the door. “Hello Mrs.Sai.”

 “Oh hello Yura, it’s been too long since you last came over. Come on in we I can’t let you stand out there all day now can we.” I walked through the door going past Mrs. Sai with her soon following behind me. “Ruri didn’t tell us you were coming over.”

 “Don’t blame her, it was a last second decision on my part.” walking into their living room, I saw Ruri sitting on her couch watching the television. “What’cha watching Ruri.” 

Looking away from the T.V she looked at me before pointing at the screen. “Look there showing a live broadcast of a villain attack.” Hopping over the back of the couch, I took a seat next to Ruri as I watched the battle take place. It was between Kamui Woods, a rising star in the hero worlds and a small-time villain. As the fight continued, Kamui Woods eventually cornered the villain and was about to use his special move, Lacquered Chain Prison, just to have a new hero named Mt.Lady come in and steal the attention of the crowd. As Mt.lady waved to the cameras, the T.V suddenly shut off. Turning around, I saw Mrs.Sai looming over us.

 “That’s enough T.V girls, now why don’t you both come and help me set the table, dinner will be ready soon.” Letting out a disappointed sigh, I followed Ruri and her mom into the dining room where Mr.Sai was already setting the table. As I stared at the food, I could feel the drool falling from my lips. Dinner at Ruri’s house was always the best, since her father worked as a provisional chef and would cook for everyone. Sitting at the table after helping Mr.Sai finish setting the table, I quickly feasted on the freshly cooked steaks, savoring every bite. After filling my belly, I wished the Sai’s goodnight before walking back to my home which was nearby. Opening the door, I stepped inside, locking the door behind me before heading into the kitchen, where I left a note about how I ate at Ruri’s. Walking into my Bedroom I plopped onto my bed, dropping asleep, ready to begin my training for the U.A entrance exams in the morning.

3