Chapter 3
257 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I must hurry and leave before he sees me, there are no guards watching me now!

While the child is lost in thought the door to her room suddenly opens and the short woman who brought her here enters the room. She carries a basin with water and a white cloth on the edge of the basin. She starts talking while closing the door.

"Oh, good morning, you're awake! How are you?"

The woman who came in started asking her a lot of questions.

Hearing the woman speak, the child is disturbed and realizes that the woman is near the door.

The child looks at her to threaten her and prevent her from approaching him and then suddenly gets up from the bed where he is sitting to go to a corner of the room where there is a window.

The woman is little shocked when she sees the frightened reaction of the child in front of her.

'Am I really scary?' She suddenly starts thinking in her head.

"Who are you? Or am I? Are you part of the group of scientists? Are you going to test on my body again?" Said the child after having taken enough distance from the woman who was still next to the door.

When the child spoke, the woman immediately understood what was wrong with this child.

He was probably abused by his relatives or the people he knew, he may even have been a slave of an organization...'

"You don't have to be afraid, my name is Li Mei and what is your name?"

"My name is Guo Mu."

After Li Mei and Guo Mu gave each other their first and last names, the heavy atmosphere in the room continued for several more minutes. Neither of them moves or gestures in the other's direction.

After about five minutes, Mei started to lose patience and decided to take the first step towards Mu who was standing next to a window.

However, Mu, seeing Mei's movement, decided without thinking for a second to jump out of the window. He tries to open the window but he realizes that he can't open the window.

Indeed, there seems to be some kind of barrier that prevents Mu from leaving through the window.

"Little boy, it's not very polite to want to leave the house of his savior without even thanking him don't you think?!" Mei asked him with a little teasing tone.

In truth, Mei had already put a barrier around the room as a safety measure so that he can't escape when she saw the reaction the moment she entered the room.

When Mu heard Mei talking, he couldn't help but become even more frightened as he saw that he couldn't escape from this woman in the room. He soon realized that his behavior was noticed by Li Mei in front of him and that she made sure that he could not escape by erecting an energy barrier around the room.

Now that he is calmer Mu can feel that he does have an energy barrier surrounding the room and isolating him from the outside world.

"You have built an energy barrier to prevent me from leaving this room? So you want to experiment on my body! Why else would you bother to help me!"

When Mei hears what Mu said, she becomes stunned on the spot because she doesn't know how to answer what the young boy said to her. For her it is something natural to help a child who has just turned ten years old who is in the middle of a forest that is known to be extremely dangerous for humans and other races.

"Don't worry I helped you without expecting you to give me anything in return. Besides, with what money would you have paid me even if I had asked you? As far as your body is concerned, I'm not into little boys! I prefer a more mature man than a child who has not yet grown hair on the bamboo." Mei answers with a little annoyed tone after seeing the behavior that Mu Guo gives her even after being helped by her.

Guo Mu also doesn't know what to answer exactly because it's the first time he sees someone wanting to help him without expecting something in return.

He does not let his guard down in front of Li Mei because he does not really know her intentions. She can very well tell him that she is a good person who has come to help him and later ask him to help her and then use him as a laboratory rat or as a simple servant or slave.

Who knows what she might ask him to do. Even though he is very young, Mu has already seen the dark side of humanity during his childhood. Now he doesn't trust anyone.

This started when the scientists took his mother when he was not yet born. Indeed, his mother took 30 years to give birth to him. After that, it was said that he had an extremely rare system. His system is called the "Divine Tree". It allows him to control the attribute of wood, which is very rare on planet Earth.

He then had to go through a lot of testing, endurance and training to discipline him to become a 'good kid'.

"Who says you won't try to hurt me?" Mu asked Mei with a slightly frightened tone.

"It's actually very simple! I can make a wish on the energy of the world and if I break that wish then I will lose all my power and become an ordinary old woman." Mei answers him with a tone filled with tenderness.

Mu is a little surprised by this proposal. On Earth, when a person makes a wish on the energy of the world, this person could not break his wish under any circumstances or else he would lose his power. For a person who has used the power of energy all his life, to take it away would be like cutting off his legs and arms. Especially if this person has used his energy to keep his youth and stop his aging.

There is also no case where a wish on the world's energy has managed to be broken without the person who made it being impacted by the consequences. It is therefore a contract that no one can break.

However, there are loopholes in this contract as in any contract. For example, a person may say that he or she will not harm you, but this does not prevent him or her from implicitly asking someone to help him or her harm you. The person who made the vow will not receive the consequences of breaking the vow.

At that time, when Mu was only 3 years old, the scientists made Mu take a vow on the energy of the world to swear loyalty to them and to follow absolutely all their orders without exception.

At that time Mu did not know what he was saying and the impact it would have on his future life. That's why Mu is now wary of the vows made on the energy of the world because these vows are powerful but are not infallible to the vice of humanity.

"But if I make a wish on the energy of the world, I think it is fair that you make one too." Mei said to Mu while looking him must in the eyes.

After several minutes of thinking, Mu decides that the only present before him is to make a wish on the energy of the world. Indeed, even if he doesn't want to, he can't leave the room and still escape from the woman who is in front of him because in spite of her small size which is only 1m30 she gives off an incredible energetic power.

4