Chapter 1: The Prince Awakens
11 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

1400 years later. . .

 

“Wake up,” a mysterious voice resonated inside my head

 

“Ugh”

 

“Runoa wake up”

 

“Hughhhhh”

 

“WAKE UP”

 

I woke up from my slumber.

 

“How long was I asleep?” I asked myself though no one could hear me.

 

The scene around me is of a luscious forest outside the royal capital. The trees are green with the grass lightly flowing in the wind. The sky is a light blue color with a singular white star in the sky. 

 

I looked down at myself and examined my body. Scars were running all over my body and my eye. . . the vision from my left eye was blurry. I could barely see straight out of it, especially after just waking up. 

 

“But why am I all the way out here? This is far away from the castle, the capital, my home.”

 

I looked back into my memory of the day before I slept, I assume that was yesterday? I can see it. . . The flames, the blood, and….

 

“ Bleughhhhh!!” 

 

I had thrown up at the remembrance of that thought. It was the look of my brother Egilon as he smiled slyly at me that night. 

 

My family, my home, my country; what had I been doing while I was asleep? My mana supplies were full so why was I resting here? Something has to be off, there is no way I would abandon my life so easily like this. I stood up from where I was lying down slowly. 

“Shit, why am I in so much pain getting up? What the hell happened to me?” I groaned to myself slowly. “Why have I taken so long to do this, my mana supplies are full so, [Normal Skill: Healing]!” 

 

A soothing feeling went over my body that closed up most of my open wounds but did not have any effect on the poor vision that I had from my left eye. [Normal skill healing] is of the lowest class of skills in this world, the normal skills. Skill ranking is based on overall skill power and more powerful skills tend to take more mana to use and activate. The ranking from weakest to strongest skill is normal, special, and ultimate. I am currently in possession of only normal skills and a single special skill. My mana levels are middling right now. I have trained some but being a prince, most of my duties were political- with some combat training. 

 

I walked out into the nearby open meadow and looked out into the sky.  My eyes squinted as the bright light of the star shines into my vision. Luckily for me, my left eye is still perfectly fine as I look out to the horizon. My hair flows with the wind as I look towards my destiny. That's what I would like to believe, I honestly don’t know my goal or my purpose at the moment. 

 

“ Rargh” 

 

The sounds of a monster came into my ears. It was a plain Irewolf, it hadn’t yet evolved into any of its more menacing forms like the infamous Direwolf. 

 

“Shittttt. . .” I whispered under my breath.

 

I checked myself to see if by any chance I had a weapon on me. The result was futile as I was unarmed as I thought. My clothes were in shreds and I had no armor on to try and protect me. 

 

“Stay calm Runoa, you have mana and you know [Normal Skill: Fire Magic] which gives you a combat ability. It is just an Irewolf, I can easily beat this demon up with my skills and training,” I said to myself to prepare for combat.

 

I slid my right leg back and got my mental state to one that was more focused and calm for battle. I closed my left eye as it would only hold me back in battle; I would just have to go without great depth perception for this fight. The Irewolf came lunging at me with great speeds as it lunged through the grass and towards me. 

 

“Grahhhhhhhh!” The beast roars as it opens its mouth towards me with an intent to kill me. 

 

I slid to the right to avoid the first attack from the foul animal while I charged up a fireball. I focused my mana into my hands and felt the energy slowly come up from within my chest. But the beast wasn’t done yet as it had turned around and was looking to take a bite out of me. I readied my energy as it was forming into a fireball slowly at my fingertips. 

 

“I should have asked to study more in the magic skills field than sit around and learn manners,” I whispered to myself, “Charging up a basic fireball takes way too long and this is just a [normal skill], what am I going to do if I learn more powerful magic?” 

 

The beast took aim and hurled itself back at me. Its legs were moving rapidly as it trampled over the ground in front of it. But, I was ready. My mana had fully turned into a fireball on my right hand and I was prepared to shoot the creature with it. I swiftly moved to the right again to avoid the Irewolf but I could not fully escape its grasp. 

 

“Aghhhhhhhhhhhh!!” I yelled while looking at my left arm that had been bitten off by the monster who was eating away at it in the distance, “My arm!!!! Why the hell could I not avoid a lone Irewolf?!!! 

 

The blood gushed out of the open wound of where my arm once was. The crimson red color flowed onto the grass turning it into a melancholic shade of red. At this rate, I would easily bleed out within a few minutes unless I got a specialized healer to come and save me. While I do possess the [normal skill healing] it can only tend to minor things and can’t replace any torn off limbs. Based on the current situation I think I would need a healer with [Ultimate Skill Healing Aura] or [Ultimate Skill Holy Light] to heal me up. While a skill like [Special Skill Advanced Healing] could close up the wound, it would not have the ability to replace my arm. 

 

I contemplated my choices that I had laid out in front of me. My options were to run now and try to get away from this Irewolf or to fight this thing and kill it while hoping that someone with a healing skill can see the fight and save me. I put my right hand over my wound and cast [Normal Skill: Healing] to try and slow down the blood loss and at least buy myself a few more minutes of life. I had just woken up from a long slumber and am completely lost about everything, and I was going to die. Reality had hit me about the situation I was in. Unless a miracle happened, I was not going to see any more light and uncover my foggy memories. I decided that I will fight and kill this beast so that there is a chance to live, even if it is slim to none.

“Here it goes,” I whispered while charging up a fireball again.

 

The fireball reached full charge immediately for some reason. I might be just focused or it could be the circumstances I was in at the moment. I closed my left eye again as it only made my aim worse. The blood had started to flow again at full speed since I let off my healing to charge up my attack.

 

The beast was still chowing down on my arm; MY ARM!!! But there was no time to worry about that, I had to take this opportunity and kill it while it was busy. The sound of my flesh being torn rang loudly in my mind. The bone-crunching noise that came from my carcass was actually my bones being crushed; who would have guessed? I looked at the beast as if staring into its soul and prepared myself.

 

“Burn into the flames of Hell, Fireball!!!” I screamed at the top of my lungs while hurling the flaming ball straight at that demonic beast. 

 

“Owooooooooo!” The beast screeched while burning from the flames that now engulfed it.

 

The Irewolf hit the ground with a thud noise as the flames ate away at its body. Smoke was rising from the now burning body and into the atmosphere just as planned. I had triumphed against this foe but at what cost?  My vision was starting to get hazy as my mana supply was almost out and my blood loss at this point was almost fatal. 

 

“DAMN IT ALL!!! WHY DID I NEVER TRAIN IN COMBAT WHILE LIFE WAS EASY?! Now I’m going to die. . . and before I can discover anythi. .n..g.” 

 

The voice could be heard trailing off into the winds of the sky. The once beautiful green field was dyed a dark red and had the scent of death as smoke rose into the sky.

0