Chapter 4: First Encounters Part 1
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Runoa POV. . .

 

Lumina turned back around and walked forward towards the people. Who were they? Why were they after Lumina after she just saved me? What lies inside the church that will make me stronger? I have so many thoughts that it is overwhelming my brain. 

 

“Hahaaaa, a frail girl like you taking on us? Lumina, you must be crazy! You would never hurt a fly!” the enemy? Said as he takes posture against Lumina.

 

“ That will be your flaw, underestimating me. I have killed plenty of people in order to survive. The life of the head priestess isn’t all smooth, people who die typically have loved ones come after the church for not saving them. The wealthy ones sometimes hire assassins to come and kill, and I have been the target of many. And your ability to not see that will be your end!” Lumina declares as she seems to be charging some form of magic. 

 

“It is still 7 against 1, the odds of you winning are low, and you must not have much mana left.”

The other men appear behind the leader all grinning. They all pull out their axes and look like they are going to fight. They look like bandits but it seems to go deeper than that. Lumina just mentioned that she was the head priestess of a church, and if I remember correctly, she is not lying about that. My dad would always bring us to the church as part of our practice and Lumina was a name heard quite often. But what was she doing all the way out here? And why are there people after her?

 

“ I have barely even shown you any of my skills and you think you have already won? I am leagues ahead of you all in combat.” Lumina replied with a reassuring smile and turned back at me. 

 

Lumina was a gorgeous young woman with an aura that excretes righteousness and beauty. Her hair is stunning, long flowing blue hair that extends down to her knees and slowly changes into a darker blue and purple near the tips of each strand. Her face is one of perfection with perfectly shaped blue eyes aligned with a small nose and beautiful lips. Her body is shaped brilliantly with narrow shoulders that lead into an ample enough chest with a narrow waist and larger hips. Her legs are a bit longer for a girl of her height as she seems to be the average height of most women. It is such a shame that her wonderful physique is covered by church articles and a dress that leaves nothing to light. 

 

“YOU TURN YOUR BACK AGAINST ME? THAT’S IT, I’LL KILL YOU NOW!” the leader screamed as he came charging in towards Lumina. 

 

Lumina turned her head around to face the onrushing enemy. She looks at the man coldly with a gaze that would make anyone frightened. The man comes rushing and swings his axe at Lumina’s throat. 

 

“[Special Skill: Advanced Agility]” she whispers to herself lightly.

 

Lumina casually takes a leap to the right and out of the danger. Another man then comes after her and attempts the same thing.

 

“Pathetic,” Lumina says as she takes a slight step back. 

 

That person loses his balance for a split second after missing his swing in which Lumina pounces. She steps forward and kicks her right leg up and into the core of the man. The man flys backward from the impact with a “woosh sound”.

 

“I’ll ask you once more to turn back and go back to the church if you want to keep your heads. After this, there will be no more warnings.” Lumina boldly declares to the people.

 

“ You really think we would lose to you?! The church gave us specific orders to take you out, if we return back now we would be killed by the head priestess.”

 

“And who would that be now? Was it the girl King Egilion and Chancellor Zudah wanted to appoint?”

 

“We have no obligation to tell you that, Lumina!!! For the glory of Luchira and the prosperity of the world, we shall execute you here and now!” 

 

“ I had a figure you would say that. I know you are not willing to share any information so I will just end you,” Lumina replies with a devilish smirk. 

 

I hope Lumina is more than just all talk. My life is in danger here and if she doesn’t win then I will die again. This time there are no do-overs, no bitch slap goddess to save me or Lumina. I am still lying on the ground recovering from my recent wake-up and getting thrown around by Lumina. 

 

“I had given you all a warning, but it is too late now. [Ultimate Skill: Smite of Vulmina]!” Lumina yelled loudly.

 

Mana poured into her hands as they glow a faint white color. The sky turns from its normal blue color to a pure white radiance that shines down upon the forest. 

 

“SHIT! She had an [Ultimate Skill]?! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES MEN, REPORT THIS TO THE CHURCH!”

 

“It is too late for that now, begone!” Lumina said while pouring more mana into her hands.

 

The light shined brightly for a split second then all of a sudden disappeared. The other men were nowhere to be seen. They had vanished into thin air probably from the effects of [Ultimate Skill: Smite of Vulmina].

 

“That should hopefully stop the church from sending anyone out for a bit,” Lumina said as she collapsed to one knee, “but maybe I should have thought about using this much mana.”

 

I slowly climb up to my feet after watching a spectacular battle. I fall a few times trying to get up, repeatedly hitting my head into the dirt. I eventually get up and walk over to her who is still on one knee. 

 

“Lumina, I would like to know more about you and what you did there but we got to get out of here ASAP!”

 

“Why? I just killed the enemies, we should be safe.”

 

“Anyone could have seen you use that spell, even someone from the capital probably saw. The sky changing colors and a flash of light are not hard to miss.”

 

“Eeeek, I’m sorry, I’m so sorry. That completely slipped my mind as I used that skill!” Lumina said while holding her hands near her chest and looking up, “will you forgive me?”

 

“This is no time to be messing around! We need to get out of here now!”

 

“Ok, ok. What do you feel is our best course of action then? 

 

I think deeply about our next move. If what that bitch slapping goddess said is true then we need to head back to the capital. The church is luckily located on the outside part of the capital as it is technically not under the jurisdiction of the king. While the king can recommend people, the church makes its own decisions on who to appoint. Another issue is that I have no clue where the hell we are. I woke up just a bit ago in the middle of this forest and now my location has suddenly changed. Troops to investigate are most likely coming from the capital and if we are seen we will be questioned. Ughhhh, another pickle I am in. 

 

“Lumina, this may sound crazy but I want to head to the capital, to the church to be precise.”

 

“And you call me crazy,” she replies with a pout, “why do we need to go back there?”

 

“I’ll fill you in once we get somewhere safer, but what lies there could be the thing that accomplishes my goal.”

 

“ So you want to head for an inn inside the capital?”

 

“Precisely”

 

“I’m dead broke,” Lumina replied as if not caring. 

 

“I figured you might be.”

 

I totally made that last lineup. If someone is on the run shouldn’t they at least have money to stay somewhere?! This girl might be my savior, she might be strong, she is beautiful, but she is one of the dumbest beings I have ever seen. 

 

“I guess we will figure something out once we get in the capital,” I continued.

 

I am hoping this goes fine and everything goes smoothly. It does seem Lumina is the target of the church and they called her the head priestess, which is very likely, but why is she not scared to reveal her face back in the capital? Heck, I’m also the first prince of this nation so shouldn’t I be scared to return to the capital? We will need disguises to get into the capital, but our easiest option of clothing was completely eradicated by that stupid spell. And how does she know an [Ultimate Skill]?! Those things are super rare, the only people I know who have one are my father and my. . . I clenched my fist, my brother.

 

“ Well if you really want to head back there, sure I guess. Something strange is telling me that if I follow you my life could change. I’m willing to take that risk if it means I can do something about. . . anyways, let's get going.”

 

“Right, about that, any way you know which direction to go?”

 

“Eeeek, we are lost, aren’t we? I believe we go this way,” Lumina said while pointing her finger in a direction.

 

I guess I should put some trust in Lumina. While she is forgetful and not mindful, she is a badass when it comes to combat and she also has great healing skills. After all, she did keep me alive, with a bit of help. The image of Luchira comes to mind when I say that. Both of these women are crazy and beautiful, maybe my life is looking up. 

 

“Alright, let us go before it gets too dark,” I say confidently.

 

While I may not have an agility skill like Lumina, I am a quick runner. My body feels normal now other than the fact that I am missing an arm and my left eye is barely working. Yup, just fine. 

 

“ Ok Runoa, I am trusting you on this decision.”

 

“As am I on which way we are heading.”

 

We look at each other and laugh before taking off in a sprint in the direction of the royal capital (hopefully).

0