Chapter 20 – Demon Slayer
258 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Kingdom of Topa, December 10th, 1639

Fortress City of Tormis

The city of Tormis was built in the mythical era after the Demon Lord was repelled to the Grameus continent and eventually sealed. The purpose of this fortress was to hold back against the demon lord's invasion in the case that they break through the Gate of The World.

Similar to the Gate, the walls had large caliber cannons from the Parpaldian Empire and various other defensive armaments aimed to repel any incoming attacker. However, unlike any other fortress city such as Ejei, the castle inside also had weapons such as cannons.

For any nation on Earth, Topa is a formidable nation that would not easily be defeated by any nation in a conquered war on land. However, due to its focus on land warfare, the nation of Topa had a rather weak navy.

Joko Wicaksono, one of the soldiers sent to exterminate the Demon Lord followed to figures known as Gai and Moah inside the castle of the fortress. He looked around and surveyed the various historical design and decorations and it felt like he went back in time to Medieval Europe.

After many corners and stairs, one which Joko could not fathom someone to remember it easily, they were met by a large wooden door.

Moah knocked and opened the heavy door, revealing a rather large room with a man sitting by a round table. There was a chandelier and a red carpet, and the grey brick room was also lit up by the various torches on the walls.

The man they met had a short white hair and beard, wore a steel armor, a red cloak, and had a sword by his waist. For anyone that laid their eyes on the man, he seemed to have a face full of wisdom and experience of the battlefield and is also tall and muscular as well.

The man's eyes lit up as the Indonesians entered the room behind Gai and Moah, "Oooh, you must be the Indonesians! We are grateful that you have answered our request and arrived just in time. My name is Aziz, the commander of the Topan Demon Lord Extermination Squad."

Joko and his fellow soldiers saluted as he introduced himself, "It's a pleasure to meet you. My name is Joko Wicaksono from the Indonesian National Army Special Deployment Platoon."

Introductions were exchanged by the two sides before they began their meeting to discuss and explain the situation.

"As you know, a 20,000 strong army commanded by the Demon Lord, Nosgorath has breached the Gate of the World and are now in the northern district of Tormis called Minaisa.

Although we have managed to repel them a few times, their army soon overran the defenses in the north of Tormis. Fortunately, we have managed to hold back the demon lord using the weapons we acquired from Parpaldia, however we currently dont have the capacity to push them back as of right now."

Joko thought for a moment before asking a question, "Has there been any movements from the Demon Lord army as of recently?"

"Fortunately, there's none as they're currently building up their numbers. However, it is a matter of time until they take over the city and there are still civilians that are unable to evacuate. We don't have much time until they are all eaten by the demons."

"E-Eaten?" Joko's jaw dropped as he heard the inhumane treatment that these hostages could be experiencing, "Do we have any information of where the Demon Lord is?"

"If I remember correctly, he has taken residence of a local noble's mansion, but it will be tough to get there as long as the Blue and Red Ogre stay present."

"I see.. That means we are under pressure to act quickly. What are these ogres?"

"Ah right, I haven't explained. Ogres are humanoid monsters that are many times stronger than an average human. But the main problem is that they never get weaker and don't get tired as long as they have food. Furthermore, they have a body impenetrable to swords and arrows. But something like a ballista bolt or a cannonball could pierce it, but their speed makes it hard for us to hit it."

"I see, the ogres are a priority target then. Once we are prepared, let us take care of the ogres."

The atmosphere of the room brightened as the Indonesians assured the Topans that they will take care of the ogres. However, as Aziz face looked delighted he still had some doubts.

"Can they really do it? Are their feats in Rodenius really true?" He thought to himself.

Aziz regained his composure and thanked the Indonesians, "We're grateful that you have taken up the task of taking down the ogres. But before we do that, we'll need to discuss a strategy to rescue the hostages."

'CRASH!!'

However, before any discussion of strategy could be done, a loud crash was heard as shards from the large window of the room shattered into pieces.

Everyone looked to see a cloaked figure with wings flying above the round table. The hooded face was completely black but full of sinister as the Topan gasped, seemingly out of words to say.

"T-That's the demon Malastriss!" A frightened soldier pointed out.

The demon lord looked around to see the many people in the room and laughed as the Topan knights unsheathe their swords.

"Hohohoho... There are many heads to take in this room. Even if you humans have gotten stronger, I will still have you all pay!"

Malastriss lunged at Aziz as he stumbled at the sight, however, a fellow knight instinctively pushed him away.

"Hellfire!" Malastriss said as he casted his spell.

The knight was burnt to ash as a hellish black fire engulfed his entire body. Aziz looked back to see the ashy remains of one of his knight, but the Indonesian soldiers immediately shouted an order.

"GET DOWN!"

Aziz immediately ducked and moments after that, a loud sound of rapid gunfire was heard from the guns of the Indonesian soldiers.

'BRRRRRRRRRRT!'

In short successions, Malastriss' body was ripped to shreds by the rapid barrage of bullets from the Indonesian guns. The loud sounds of gunfire and the instant death of a high ranking demon had shocked everyone in the room.

Malastriss' body fell to the ground and the disgusting blood of the demon lord stained the floor. He did not move at all as his sudden death hit him like a truck without the chance of letting out a single cry.

Everyone was speechless as they inspected the lifeless body of the former demon. As they looked around his body, his body is full of holes from the bullets that had gone through it.

Joko let out a sigh of relief as they manage to kill Malastriss, "Who was this Malastriss anyways?"

Everyone looked each other, still speechless before Aziz came up to answer Joko's answer, "Malastriss is one of the demon lord's aides. He was a living plague that had killed countless of our knights and you have undeniably saved us all."

"I see.. It's good that we managed to defeat a high ranking demon."

After a while, the strategy meeting for the Demon Lord's subjugation began and ended without a hitch as the Indonesians and Topans manage to come up with a plan to retake the Minaisa district.

Minaisa District, December 10th, 1639

In a mansion within the Minaisa District, a sinister figure stood in one of the many rooms of the building. The room where this figure stood was in ruins after the Demon Lord's army ransacked it and killed the noble that once lived here.

This figure, who was only illuminated by the daylight that came from one of the few windows, is the Demon Lord Nosgorath. The expression he had at this very moment was filled with rage, shock, and confusion.

"M-Malastriss is dead...? How?!" Nosgorath said as he received the news of his aide's death.

The Blue Ogre, who gave the news simply shook his head and answered, "I do not know how these humans have somehow managed to kill him. Maybe the Emmisaries have returned?"

Nosgorath answered furiously as he objected to such a scenario, "IMPOSSIBLE! There's no way they have summoned them again!"

It was clear that the demon lord was furious and did not believe that these Emmisaries were back. Even so, the fury of this high ranking demon could even shake knights that had a will of steel.

The Blue Ogre replied with a somewhat frightened expression, "I-I apologize but we simply cannot ignore such a possibility! We all know how they defeated our fellow ogres."

What the Blue Ogre was referring to is the death of the White and Yellow Ogre during the previous time they invaded the world. Such an event still had shaken the legendary beasts.

Nosgorath simply thought for a moment before he made a plan, "Quickly replenish our forces at all cost! We need to completely take this entire city before they arrive."

Unfortunately for the Topan and Indonesian soldiers, it seemed that time was no longer on their side as the demon lord's army sped up their replenishment.

Minaisa District, December 11th, 1639

Outside the mansion, the people of Tormis that had failed to escape were being rounded up for a feast. It consisted of people from various races such as humans, elves, dwarfes, and more. They were tied by a rope or to a wooden log as they were transported by the goblins and orcs meanwhile the Red Ogre stood to oversee the transport.

"This will be a great feast!" The Red Ogre said with a smirk on his face, imagining the delightful panic that these lowly races would have.

However, unfortunately for this legendary ogre, an explosion occured in one of the many places where the monsters gathered and killed every single goblin and orc in the vicinity.

"W-What happened..?" The ogre said as it looked around for the source to find a few green clothed humans running into a side street.

The face of the Red Ogre quickly turned one full of fury as it identified them as the perpetrators of the attack. It instinctively ran to chase those humans.

However, as the ogre continued to chase through the narrow side streets of the Minaisa district, the humans quickly turned left at a corner. Intending to quickly catch up, the Red Ogre sped up its strides but was met by a loud rumble.

The source of the loud rumble revealed itself and turned to face the ogre. It had trapezoid shaped hull on two tracks alongside a 20mm autocannon on the top of it. This vehicle that the Red Ogre encountered is the Indonesian Marder Infantry Fighting Vehicle.

The Red Ogre was out of words as it saw the Marder. The look of the vehicle seemed familiar and that's when his mind clicked.

"T-The Iron Dragon!" It said with a frightened voice.

Not only it was frightened at the sight of it, the Red Ogre was also confused.

"But there's no Emmisaries emblem..."

As he looked into the Indonesian soldiers that stood behind the Marder, what he saw was not the flag of the Emmisaries which was white and had a red circle in the middle. Instead, he was greeted by the Indonesian red and white flag, something he was not familiar with.

Unfortunately, the Indonesians gave it no time to think any further as the Marder began firing straight at the bulky body of the Red Ogre.

'BRRRRRRRRRRRT!'

In a short burst, the 20mm autocannon was fired straight at the upper torso of the Red Ogre. Each round pierced the body of this legendary beast and quickly killed it. The Red Ogre's lifeless body would then crumple to the hard stone ground of the Minaisa side street.

'THUD!'

The sound of a large and heavy body shook the ground as it fell. The Indonesian soldiers approached the body and shot at its head with the autocannon again for good measure.

'BRRT!'

They had now confirmed that they have successfully killed one of the Ogres of the Demon Lord Army, significantly reducing its strength.

Meanwhile, in the main street of Minaisa, the chaos outside had lured Nosgorath and the Blue Ogre outside of the mansion. They quickly went outside to find the many dead bodies of various monsters on the ground and the disappearance of their hostages who were saved by the Topan and Indonesian soldiers. The sight had looked like a massacre for anyone that laid their sights on the scene.

However, as the Blue Ogre walked into the middle of the town square, he would be met by a large barrage of bullets that came from a rubble.

'BRRRRRRRRRRRT!'

'BRRRRRRRRRRRT!'

The shots all hit their marks at the large and bulky body of the Blue Ogre, however they would leave no effect to its body as each shot bounced or ricochet. The Indonesian soldiers positioned behind the rubble all looked to each other as the extreme toughness of the ogre surprised them all.

"Each shot failed to pierce it!"

"How tough is this guy?!"

"Quickly, use the AT4!"

The AT4 Recoilless AT Rifle was quickly aimed at the Blue Ogre, who was still recovering from barrage of bullets. The rear of the AT4 was checked and the trigger was pulled. Smoke came out from the back of the barrel as the High Penetration (HP) projectile came out from the front of the weapon.

The projectile flew straight towards the Blue Ogre and hit its body near its center. The projectile pierced its body and went straight through it, resulting in a large hole in its torso.

'THUD!'

Similar to the Red Ogre, the Blue Ogre's body crumped to the ground with a large thud. However, it would never be able to identify who and what killed it.

Meanwhile, Nosgorath noticed the body of the Blue Ogre falling into the ground and was enraged.

"Y-You humans! I don't know how you manage to get this strong, but you all shall pay for ruining everything!"

Nosgorath flew to the air in fury as it announced this. A sinister aura and atmosphere soon filled the air as Nosgorath prepared a sinister spell.

"I no longer have any care for the mercy for any creature that lives in this city. Prepare to be burnt to ashes alongside this very settlement!!"

'BRRRRRRRRRRRT!'

'BRRRRRRRRRRRT!'

Barrage of bullets from the Indonesian guns came straight at the demon lord, but it would simply bounce off. Another AT4 shot would be fired but similar to the bullets, it had no effect.

"USELESS! THERE ARE NO WAY FOR YOU LOWLY RACES TO KILL ME!" Nosgorath shouted, taunting the Topan and Indonesian soldiers as he laughed like a maniac.

However, as Nosgorath said that, a loud rumble came from the main streets of the Minaisa district. It was similar to the Marder but this time it was much different and more powerful.

The rumble of its engines and the sounds of its tracks shook the ground and the object soon came out of a large cloud of smoke. At first, a large barrel that was 120mm in size came out, but the rectangular metal turret and hull soon revealed itself. This was one of the most advanced tanks of the Indonesian army and its name was the Leopard 2A4. Every Indonesian and Topan soldiers face lit up in delight as the Main Battle Tank made its appearance. The sheer firepower of this tank is one that was unmatched in the battlefield.

As the tank aimed its gun up at Nosgorath, he'd recognize its appearance to be familiar.

"I-I-It's true... That's the Iron Dragon of the Emmisaries!" He pointed out in a loud and frightened.

A 120mm shell was loaded into the gun breach of the Leopard 2 and the primer of the shell struck the shell which causes a high pressure that propells the shell through the barrel and out into the open air at high speeds.

'BOOOOM!'

The loud sound of the gun firing filled the battlefield and smoke appeared from the end of the Leopard's barrel as it recoiled back. The shell that came out to the air flew quickly towards Nosgorath who quickly tried to defend it by casting a shield spell.

The 120mm shell came into contact with Nosgorath's shield and penetrated it, as if it was simply punching through a layer of steel.

"N-No way... It's a lot more powerful than before!!" Nosgorath thought to himself at that very moment.

The shell would fly towards Nosgorath's upper torso and neck and created a huge hole which decapitated the demon lord. The sinister aura cleared as the demon lord's body fell from the air and into the ground with a thud.

Everyone cautiously went towards his body only to find it lifeless, clearly dead from that one devastating shot. It was proven wrong by a single shot from a modern tank and it had paid dearly for such a mistake and arrogance.

The Demon Lord's body simply turned into dust and as the surviving monsters of his army saw his death, they all ran from the city of Tormis and back to the Grameus continent.

The atmosphere was silent as everyone took in on what happened and burned it into their memory.

"WOOOOOOOOAAAH!!!"

The Topans all cheered their shouts and the feeling of victory and spreaded to the entire Topan soldiers and knights that was present.

The Indonesian and Topan soldiers had successfully defeated the demon lord's army and killed the Red and Blue Ogre alongside Nosgorath for once and for all. The Indonesian soldiers, especially crew of the Leopard 2A4 was celebrated as the one who killed the Demon Lord and had put an end to their menace.

-------

Meanwhile, not too far from the cheers of Topan soldiers, a man's jaw dropped, flabbergasted as he witnessed the sight of the Demon Lord's defeat. This man's name is Rydorka and he was sent to Topa from the Holy Mirishial Empire to observe the battle between Topa and the Demon Lord's Army.

However, as he expected a Topan defeat in Tormis, he was shocked to see a complete victory that had came due to the presence of these Indonesians. They had vehicles that were completely unknown to them and weapons capable of defeating the demon lord's army with ease.

"T-The weapon of the Ancient Sorcerous Empire was defeated so easily..?" He muttered in shock.

He knew that even the Holy Mirishial Empire would have trouble defeating such an opponent, but these Indonesians defeated them rather quickly since the day they arrived. And to top it all off, the weapons Indonesia used had no trace of magic and must be similar to Mu's mechanical weapons and they even had a tank that was bigger, faster, and much more deadlier than Mu's.

"I must report this information quickly!" He said as he ran from the scene.

That night, as Rydorka left Topa, an extravagant dinner was held to celebrate the victory. The perception from Topa and its citizens to Indonesia improved greatly as the Republic's influence around the world spread.

5