Chapter 25 – Future Preparations
170 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Kingdom of Aistocia, January 2nd, 1639

Astral

The Kingdom of Aistocia is a small nation on the northern tip of the Vestal continent. Although its military is relatively weak compared to its neighbors, the nation had become the gateway for nations of the outside world into the Vestal continent and as a result, it had prospered into an important trading hub.

The capital city of Aistocia, Astral, is a coastal city located on the north of the Kingdom. The city is smaller than the likes of Eshtirant, but is larger than Qua-Toyne's Maihark. Due to relatively small influence from the major powers of the world, the nations of the continent had technologies that were still rather outdated within areas such as the Philades continent, but due to its proximity to Parpaldia and the Holy Mirishial Empire, it was still more advanced than the nations of the Rodenius continent.

In the middle of the city of Astral, a large white castle that had a blue roof stood tall, dwarfing the many smaller buildings of the city. This castle is the place of residence for the current king of Aistocia, Rumaeus Aistocia. He had a blonde hair and a beard that went to his ears

As the king sat on his throne, a man in a black suit stood a few meters away from him. The man wore a black suit and a red tie, an outfit that would stand out in the cities of this kingdom. The person in question is a diplomat of the Republic of Indonesia.

"The Republic of Indonesia was it? I've heard quite a bit of you people from Topa and Qua-Toyne, and I must say, your nation intrigues me."

"Is that so? Our nation has also brought some gifts for your nation as a sign of good will for the people of this continent."

The Indonesian diplomat would put his suitcase onto the ground and opened it, presenting 3 items to the king. Two of the guards walked towards the diplomat, inspecting it before handing it over to the king.

As the king looked at it more closely, the items were a Noken bag, a Keris short sword, and an angklung. Rumaeus looked at the peculiar looking sword and instrument before asking the diplomat.

"What are these items?" He asked, unfamilliar with the strange gifts.

"Those three are items of our culture. The colorful piece of cloth is a bag known as a Noken, the short sword is a Keris, and the last one is a musical instrument known as an Angklung."

"How peculiar..." Rumaeus said as he then took a look at the angklung, "How do you play this instrument?"

"Ah, you simply shake it. It doesn't require any complex movements, though you will need a number of them to play a song."

Rumaeus would shake the instrument, causing a sound of a note of a single pitch to play. The people within the throne room would look and listen at the sound of the instrument with curiousity.

"This is quite an interesting instrument, it's unlike any we have ever seen before." The king said while rubbing his beard with right hand in fascination as he looked at the instrument,  "The sword and Noken as you called it have also caught my interests as well. Your nation have done well to make a good first impression by presenting these gifts."

The diplomat would look pleased at Rumaeus' reaction, "Well then, perhaps we can discuss about the establishment of an embassy after this?"

"Of course, our nation will be pleased to have diplomatic relations with your country."

After the talks with the Indonesians had ended, Rumaeus would look at the strange gifts all day. It had caught his interests as he had never seen an instrument similar to the Angklung, a sword with a design like the Keris, and a colorful bag like the Noken.

Meanwhile, the Republic of Indonesia would succeed in establishing first contact with a nation of the Vestal continent. Meanwhile, diplomatic missions to the other nations of the continent continued as Aistocia wasn't the only nation that resided here.

Holy Mirishial Empire, January 3rd, 1639

Runepolis

The city of Runepolis is the capital city of the Holy Mirishial Empire located approximately north east of the nation. The city has tall buildings that reached to the sky and endless stretches of paved roads. The city is nicknamed 'The Sleepless Magical City' due to the fact that it continue to be lit up during the nights as large amount of cars drove on the roads.

However, one difference that made it different from Mu or Earth's major cities is the lack of cars. Cars did exist, but they were usually from brands that originated from Mu, much to the envy of the Empire. The Holy Mirishial Empire did have the capability to produce magic cars, but not to the extent of Mu's industrial capability. As a result, magic cars were often used by the rich, though their performance was better than the Muan cars.

Within this capital city of the strongest nation of the 1st Civilization Area and the entire world, a large castle stood out in the middle. Although the buildings of the city stood taller than the ones in Mu, the castle still managed to catch the awe and attention of those who laid their eyes on it.

In a building for the Information Bureau of the Holy Mirishial Empire that is within this city, Arneus sat on the chair of his desk as a number of reports piled up in front of him. Recently, the bureau has been experiencing a sudden increase in workload due to the appearance of two highly important nations and the reports on Arneus' desk is about these nations.

The first document is regarding the Gra Valkas Empire which he opened to read the contents. The Gra Valkas Empire is a nation that had appeared around a year ago on the west of the Muan Continent. This nation, despite being located outside the 3 Civilized Areas, had swiftly conquered the nations of Paganda and Leifor, a feat that was unthinkable for a nation outside the area.

In addition to this, reports has shown that the Gra Valkas Empire possess warships that looked similar to Mu and the Holy Mirishial Empire, something that other countries shouldn't have possesed yet. According to the analysis, it seems that the Gra Valkan battleships may be on par or stronger than the Muan battleships.

"How could they possibly acquire such weapons without our knowledge?"

Just like Myrus, the information presented had caught the concern of Arneus and the other report had made everything much more problematic.

The other report contained information regarding the Republic of Indonesia. According to Rydorka's report, this nation possessed weapons similar to Mu's but were reported to be superior in performance. It boasted high top speeds, high maneuverability, and a large cannon capable of killing the Nosgoraths in one single hit.

Information from Parpaldia also mentions the nation's sudden appearance before the war between Louria and Qua-Toyne erupted. Although Louria was supposed to win the war due to the disparity of strength between the two nations, the Republic of Indonesia soon joined the war and turned the tides within weeks. For anyone, such speed and outcome was unbelievable, even in the 3rd Civilization Area.

Additionally, reports from Parpaldia mention of metal warships that were the size of cruisers. And so, Arneus concluded that these two countries possessed weapons that only existed in Mu and the Holy Mirishial Empire. Of course, Arneus thought that these nations are capable of upsetting the balance of power of the Civilized world.

Arneus thought to himself for a moment, taking into account of the various technologies these nations have, "If this the case, then we'll need to contact them as soon as possible!"

And so, after Arneus went through every single piece of information that the bureau has acquired, he would submit it to the Emperor of the Holy Mirishial Empire, Emperor Mirishial the 8th and the Foreign Affairs Office that was located not too far away.

Republic of Indonesia, January 5th, 1639

Yogyakarta

The city of Yogyakarta is one of the major cities of the Republic of Indonesia. Despite being a major city, Yogyakarta does not have any skyscrapers and much of its buildings remained short. Despite this, the city is known for its traditional arts and cultural heritages alongside the fact that it is still governed by a Sultan who lives in a kraton, a type of royal palace.

Within this bustling city, a museum stood as an attraction for those interested in historical military equipment. This museum in question is the Dirgantara Mandala Museum, a building that displays various historical exhibits relating to the Indonesian Air Force. The museum is located in the Bantul Regency of the city, which is located south of the city center.

However, many construction workers are seen to be present within this museum as they surround a display of a large but old and outdated grey plane. The plane had 2 massive turbojet engines that was situated next to its fuselage that is also connected to two large swept wings. The plane in question is an old Soviet-era Tupolev Tu-16 strategic bomber which Indonesia had bought decades ago and is now currently being moved from the museum.

As the work to move this gigantic plane from its museum went on, two workers who wore an orange hard hat and an orange vest talked to each other as they took a short break from the work.

"Why does the government even need this plane? I'm pretty sure it's outdated by now." One worker asked as he took a bite from his sandwich and took a look at the plane.

His fellow co-worker which sat right beside him answered, "Seems like they're pretty desperate to get more planes since we've lost our trading partners."

"I can get that reasoning, but do we even have the capability to reactivate such an old plane? I heard we've only been starting to make turboprop passenger aircrafts recently."

Given that it would be a huge challenge to reactivate such a plane as is, the Indonesian government is making a gamble to try and use whatever they have available to develop and research new or lost technologies as due to the transference so the nation could adequately respond to the various threats this world posed. The government had also understood the need of a weapon that would allow Indonesia to project its power at a greater scale and as a result, they went to use everything they still had to achieve this goal. Of course, these two were simply workers who did not know much of such matters.

One of the two workers looked confused as his friend asked that question, "Why are you asking me? You're better off asking the Ministry of Defense for that."

"And how am I supposed to do that? Knock the door of Agung's house in Jakarta and ask him directly?"

"Pfft, like hell you would do that."

The two laughed as they continued bickering amongst themselves. As their break time ended, the two soon went back to work to get the old plane out of the area and into its designated destination.

5