Chapter 43 – Great Power Diplomacy
170 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Holy Mirishial Empire, April 3rd, 1640

Cartalpas

"The 1640 World Leadership Conference is about to begin. Please take your seats." An announcer said.

The representatives of the major and important countries of the world that had gathered in this large room took their seats. Within the room were a number of chairs and desks, which all had a sign that showed the country of the representative that sits there. The desks are also placed in a circular manner that allowed every attendees to view each other.

As Tyler took his seat, he looked around at each representatives of the attending countries. There were men and women of all races that have gathered in this one city to discuss the current problems of the world.

For the 1640 Conference, there were a number of nations that is currently attending. The superpowers are the Holy Mirishial Empire and the United Kingdom of Mu. Meanwhile, the Great Powers are the Kingdom of Emor, the Parpaldian Empire, and the Annonrial Empire. And finally, there are the secondary powers, which consists of, the Magicaraich Federation, the Nigrat Union, the Kingdom of Torquia, and the Kingdom of Agartha.

"Seems like the Annonrials have left again, huh?" Tyler thought to himself as he looked at the empty seat where the Annonrials should've been.

The Annonrial Empire is known to have a habit of leaving the conference before it started. Although they are a Great Power, no one cared of their absence due the fact that they were simply a large uncivilized nation.

As everyone took their seats, the representative for the Holy Mirishial Empire stood up, "Before we begin this conference, I would like to thank everyone for having attended here."

Everyone nodded before the Mirishial representatives continued, "Now, the topic for the day is regarding a number of highly important cases that our world has been faced with, most especially the Parpaldian-Coalition War. Now, I'd like to hear an explanation frok the Parpaldians regarding their enormous disaster."

The Parpaldian representative then stood up, "My country is currently faced with an opponent unlike any other. However, we are confident that our military will eventually prevail against all odds."

"What a statement you've brought here. Despite the fact that your situation has been looking bad, you still try to act tough?" The Malorian representative scoffed.

"This is none of Maloria's business! We can easily defeat your nation with our military!"

"Can you really say that when you've lost a huge chunk of your navy and airforce in a single month?" The Nigratian representatives asked.

"Hnngh.. We'll show you that the Parpaldian Empire is not a force to be toyed with!"

The Emorish representative then spoke up, cutting off the Parpaldian man, "I find that all of this silly argument to be ridiculous. However, if Parpaldia has failed to defend their territory, and even their capital, against their uncivilized and weaker neighbors, then I think we should remove their status as a Great Power."

The Parpaldians would be enraged by Emor's suggestion, "Preposterous! We are the strongest country in the 3rd Civilized Area and now you want to strip us of our status?!"

"From the looks of it, your nation only has a big mouth to show off."

Emor's provocations then brought the argument even further into a shouting match. However, it would soon be stopped by the Holy Mirishial Empire.

"Ahem." The Emorish and Parpaldian representative soon stopped after they heard it, "Regarding, Emor's suggestion, that shall be discussed further. Now, back to the topic at hand-"

The Parpaldian representative then cut him off, "If that's what the so-called strongest country would like to have it, then fine. The Parpaldian Empire will leave this conference!"

The Parpaldian representative then left the conference in protest of the decision. The other attendees looked on without much care.

"Ahem, anyways. I apologize for what just happened, but let's move on with the next topic."

Tyler, the Muan representative then stood up, "The United Kingdom of Mu would like to propose that the Gra Valkas Empire should be invited to this conference in place of Leifor. Additionally, we would like to suggest that the Indonesians should be invited in place of Parpaldia, assuming the war is won by them."

Everyone then discussed of the proposal before coming up with answers. Leifor, which was a holder of the Great Power status had been defeated by the Gra Valkans, while Parpaldia is suffering defeat after defeat against Indonesia.

"The Kingdom of Emor has no problem with this proposal."

"The Holy Mirishial Empire approves of Mu's proposal."

"The Nigrat Union also approves of it."

"The Kingdom of Torquia also approves."

"The Kingdom of Agartha is fine with the proposal."

"The Magicaraich Federation would like to object of it."

Tyler seemed rather surprised by Magicaraich's answer, "Would you like to elaborate?"

"Magicaraich finds that these Gra Valkans to be a threat in the 2nd Civilization Area. This is because they have defeated Leifor and Paganda within 2 months. However, the Indonesians seemed to be a much better option."

The Holy Mirishial Empire then spoke up, "Thank you for the answer, but unfortunately, the majority has spoke. The Gra Valkan Empire and the Republic of Indonesia shall both be invited to the conference."

After which, the conference continued as the attendees discussed on a number of problems faced by the world. Aside from the Parpaldians leaving the conference early in protest, everything else went smoothly.

Runepolis, April 10th 1640

Emperor Mirishial VIII looked at the sight of the city from his room. Just from his castle, he could see lights illuminating in the night from the city. However, despite having his castle be in the city, he couldn't hear the roar of car engines in his room compared to being near the castle gates. This is because the castle is designed for the imperial family's comfort and is located on a large piece of land owned by the imperial family themselves.

A knock could be heard from the door, which is some distance behind the emperor.

"Enter." The Emperor said.

The door opened to reveal a young man who carried a notebook.

"Your majesty, the World Leadership Conference has recently ended."

Emperor Mirishial nodded, "Give me the result of the conference."

"As you wish." The aide said as he cleared his throat, "The Kingdom of Emor has proposed to strip Parpaldia's title of a Great Power. There were some objections, especially by the Nigrat Union, but most have voted for the proposal."

"I see, then please make sure that this sees the light of day. It's quite a shame that they have proven to be incapable either. No matter, the Muans should see the situation in a similar view."

"Then there is Mu's proposal to elevate the Gra Valkas Empire and the Republic of Indonesia into the status of a Great Power."

"Those two countries, huh.. They have certainly met the criteria for the status, so I'll approve of it. Speaking of which, how is our preparations for diplomatic contact with those two countries?"

"Our diplomats are on their way to Leifor as we speak. For Indonesia, the 3rd Civilization Area is currently too dangerous at the present moment, hence we are waiting until the war ends."

"Good. Anything else?"

"There were also talks regarding our dispute with Mu in the Olviol Islands. No agreement has been made yet, though the Foreign Affairs Ministry is working on one."

"I see, it's best that progress continues. Especially with that new information from Emor."

Just under a month ago, the Holy Mirishial Empire had received news of Emor's divination ceremony. Such an exchange of information is natural for both allied nations, but the most recent one was concerning, hence any information about it is hidden from the public at the current moment.

"Speaking of which, how are the preparations for Emor's ceremony?" the Emperor asked.

"It's going well, your majesty. We're in the process of acquiring the necessary high quality gems, but it will take some time before we can deliver them."

"I expect those gems to be delivered to Emor by next year at the latest. That will be all from me, you may leave."

"Yes, your majesty."

The aide then left, closing the door to the Emperor's room. Mirishial stood quietly as he squinted his eyes with thoughts going through his head.

"Indonesia and Gra Valkas.. We better not get into any conflict with them, otherwise it will ruin our preparation for that event."

The Holy Mirishial Empire, the strongest country of the known world that has held a huge gap in technology for millenias until Mu started to close it. Now with the appearance of these two new countries, Mirishial's foreign policy may finally be put to the test.

Gra Valkas Empire, April 11th, 1640

Information Bureau

The sounds of car engines and horns could be heard from the busy street outside. Inside the building is an office room where two men faced each other, separated by a desk and a chair where one of them sat.

"The United Kingdom of Mu and the Holy Mirishial Empire, huh?" The man who sat on the chair said.

"Yes, sir. Although information about these Mirishials are limited, we have still obtained some information about them." The subordinate said.

"I see. Please brief me on our findings on them."

"We've found out that both countries possess a navy similar to ours, though Mirishial's warships have a rather peculiar design."

"Peculiar? How different are they?" The superior asked, curious of that information.

"The Muan warships seems to be the similar to ours, but the Mirishial warships have strange angled hulls and superstructures. It's like as if these warships were from science fiction."

"Then, do we know of their national strength in comparison to ours?"

"Apparently the Mirishials boasts the strongest military in this world by a long shot according to every local our spies have met. We don't know their exact strength, but they seem to employ some sort of natural resources known as magic gems in a fashion similar to fuel and ammunition."

"And the Muans?"

"Using our Yggdra as a reference, it seems that the Muans are roughly in the same technology level during our first war with Kainian Republic."

"That's one that ended in a stalemate, isn't it?"

"Yes, and it means that we have a reasonable technological gap of roughly a few decades."

"I see, that's a relief." The superior said as he released a sigh, "How about these Indonesians I've been hearing about?"

"These Indonesians might be a cause for concern. Our spies in Parpaldia have spotted fixed-wing jet aircrafts over the skies of Esthirant and according to the Mirishial News Network, the Parpaldians have lost a huge chunk of their fleet in a recent naval battle. Reports say that they're extremely fast as well."

"Jet aircraft?!" The superior stood from his chair in shock, "Isn't that something we've only begun developing?"

"Well, that program has been cancelled due to a lack of resources, sir."

"Right..." The superior said as he sat down again, "We'll certainly need to get our weapons development programs back up."

The Gra Valkan man understood the importance of such an information. If the Indonesians did have a jet aircraft, then it would be a cause of huge concern. Their country had to temporarily halt all weapons development programs due to the transfer and the current situation still doesn't allow them to restart them. Thus, if they were to face a much stronger enemy at this current stage, then they will pose a significant threat to the empire.

"Eitherway, they shouldn't pose too much of a threat for now. The distance between the both of our countries is so great that it would be tough for them to wage a war on this scale." The superior said.

And so, the subordinate report to his superior ended. The Gra Valkas Empire managed to gather more information on the major powers and nations of interests in this world. Such a step will could help them in the years to come.

------
Author's Note:

This marks the end of these intermission chapters, which contains some sneak peeks into Gra Valkas' original world, Yggdra. Next chapter is planned to return to the Parpaldian-Coalition War, though I don't know when that will be released due to my tight schedule atm.

3