Lover Number 5.3
134 4 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Li Jie's mind raced as he instructed Alfredo to leave quickly, his body trembling with a mix of calmness and chaos. He knew that his presence would only complicate matters further.

"Li—"

"I said go!" Li Jie interrupted, his tone firm and commanding. "It's an order."

Alfredo cast a worried glance at Li Jie before ultimately acquiescing, understanding that Li Jie was more than capable of handling the situation on his own. With a fleeting expression of concern, he made his way out through the broken window, leaving Li Jie behind to confront the unexpected visitor.

"Who are you?" Li Jie asked, his voice composed and confident, though a tinge of curiosity laced his words.

"I- I thought I heard your Highness's voice," a timid voice responded as the door to the seemingly abandoned cabin swung open. A handsome man stepped forward, his tall frame and slightly muscular build catching Li Jie's attention. Alan White, one of the harem men from the central empire. What was he doing here?

"Sir Alan," Li Jie greeted him with a polite smile, feigning annoyance at the intrusion. "I must ask, what brings you to my private property?"

"I- I was walking with my guard, and then he left for his break, so I decided to wander around. I was bored," Alan stammered, his voice as attractive as his appearance.

"How did you end up here?" Li Jie inquired, his smile never faltering. "Well, since you're here now, we might as well be bored together."

"O- okay!" Alan's face turned a shade of crimson, his eyes averted downwards. "Is it alright if I sit, Your Highness?"

"Of course," Li Jie replied, his smile generous and welcoming. "And please, call me by my name."

To Li Jie's surprise, Alan blushed even deeper, the color creeping up to his neck. It was a sight visible in the dim moonlight that filtered through the broken window. He took a seat in front of Li Jie, occupying the spot Alfredo had previously been in.

Interesting, Li Jie thought to himself, finding amusement in Alan's bashfulness. It would be refreshing not to be the only one who blushes for once.

"Alan," Li Jie spoke softly, savoring the taste of the man's name. Alan remained silent, his body language speaking volumes. "How did you manage to wander so far away?"

Beneath his confident and collected facade, Li Jie felt a sense of excitement and intrigue. He prided himself on his ability to judge character, and Alan's demeanor intrigued him.

Li Jie couldn't help but notice the sincerity in Alan's words, a refreshing change from the pretenses he often encountered at banquets and in his daily life.

"Nice change," Li Jie muttered unintentionally, his cheeks reddening slightly.

"W- What?" Alan asked, clearly taken aback by Li Jie's comment.

"Uh... I mean, it's a nice change in scenery," Li Jie quickly improvised, trying to cover up his slip-up. "Since I was bored and couldn't sleep."

"Is that why Your Highness is here at this hour?" Alan inquired, his innocent demeanor belying his true intentions. Li Jie couldn't suspect him, unaware that he would have asked the same question if their roles were reversed.

"Yeah," Li Jie replied with a grin, his expression akin to that of a trustworthy saint. "I was feeling a bit restless."

"I-I was a bit nervous, to be honest," Alan admitted, his timid smile breaking through his initial shyness. It was a sight that brought a sense of relief to Li Jie.

"Why?" Li Jie rested his hand beneath his chin, adopting a friendly and encouraging posture. "I'm not that intimidating, am I?"

"N-No! No!" Alan hastily responded, waving his hand in front of his reddening face. "It's just that Your Highness is so famous, and..."

His voice trailed off, his words growing quieter as his face grew even redder.

In that moment, Li Jie felt a sense of tranquility. He had been so preoccupied with the hidden intentions of those in the harem that he had failed to consider the possibility of someone like himself being present. Engaging in a conversation with a stranger, a conversation that flowed smoothly in an unfamiliar but comforting way, brought a deep sense of happiness to Li Jie.

While his friends and subordinates were easy to talk to and cared for one another, Li Jie had started to feel a growing distance between himself and the rest of the world. Despite his timid nature, he had forgotten that he used to engage in conversations and ramble with others, bridging connections.

"Me too," Li Jie finally admitted, his smile softening as he looked away.

"You..." Alan appeared momentarily shocked, but then a glimmer of understanding washed over his face. "Of course."

Alan's own smile grew, his words filled with genuine sincerity. "Your Highness, I-I have truly admired you for a long time. E-even before I was chosen."

For a brief moment, Li Jie's eyes widened, his surprise evident. Alan, too, noticed the prince's reaction and shyly smiled in response.

Li Jie found himself at a loss for words, uncertain of how to respond to such an admission. His typical response to situations he couldn't handle was to escape, and he chose to follow that instinct.

"It's getting late," Li Jie said, his voice slightly shaky as he averted his gaze. "I'll accompany you to the entrance."

He stood up, and Alan followed suit.

Unbeknownst to Li Jie, in the dimly lit expanse of the crown prince's secluded garden, Alan wore a small smile and his ears turned a shade of crimson.

His Highness, the crown prince... Alan's heart raced with excitement. I want him...

New candidate O~O
(つ≧▽≦)つ

5