Lover Number 5.10
34 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

"I'll start!" Michael exclaimed eagerly, his youthful enthusiasm overflowing as they settled down. "Hey, Li Jie, what's your all-time favorite food?"

Li Jie's eyes shimmered with a touch of nostalgia, transported back to the first time he savored that special dish. A gentle smile danced upon his lips as he replied, "Ah, that's a secret delicacy, one that doesn't belong to my kingdom, but... my heart yearns for Khoresh Fesenjoon."

Jie's voice and laughter echoed in Li Jie's mind the moment he finished his sentence. The way he playfully teased, comparing the dish to a fantastical creature, followed by a tender peck on Li Jie's cheek. It was endearing and adorable.

Curiosity sparkled in Michael's eyes. "Khoresh Fesenjoon? I don't think I've ever tried that before."

"It's a Persian delicacy," Li Jie replied, cherishing the treasured recipe Parsa had passed down—a family heirloom. However, since Parsa's passing, Li Jie couldn't bring himself to recreate the dish, fearing it would dull the bittersweet memories they shared. "It carries a subtle sourness, but its flavor is truly unforgettable, at least to me."

"I've never experienced Persian cuisine..." Michael's eyes widened, oblivious to the emotions that flickered across Li Jie's face whenever the word "Persian" was mentioned. "But if it's as delicious as you say, then I'd love to try it. Do you know of any place around here where I can taste it?"

Li Jie's smile softened, concealing a glimmer of something deeper within. Michael noticed the change, though its true significance eluded him. "Perhaps there's a hidden gem of a restaurant in the capital that serves Persian cuisine. The city is vast, and there may be culinary treasures waiting to be discovered. Honestly, I haven't felt the urge to try it lately."

Perplexed, Michael couldn't help but inquire, unintentionally bombarding Li Jie with numerous questions while he himself hadn't posed a single one. "But why? If it's your favorite, shouldn't you always crave it? I know I do with my favorite food!"

Li Jie contemplated, uncertain how to respond. Should he twist the truth? Then, a realization struck him. "You've asked so many questions, and I haven't asked a single one in return!" Li Jie skillfully evaded the topic, diverting their conversation. "It's my turn now. Tell me about your family, Michael."

"My family?" Michael's curiosity lingered, momentarily bewildered by the sudden shift in discussion.

"Yes, your family," Li Jie replied, captivated by the boy before him, seeing in him an innocent charm akin to a devoted puppy. It kindled within Li Jie a desire to protect this young soul. "I mean, the everyday aspects, the mundane things, you know? Noble and royal families may have their similarities, but I'm curious to know if yours is any different."

In Li Jie's eyes, Michael seemed remarkably pure. Despite being raised in nobility, he appeared untainted by the burdens that Li Jie and the Huang siblings bore. Yet, Li Jie recognized that his perception might be flawed, fueling his curiosity about how someone could grow up in such circumstances.

Michael shrugged, searching for the right words after being transported to this realm. Once, he believed his family was exceptional, filled with unconditional love. Now, uncertainty clouded his thoughts. Perhaps his mother had foreseen his encounter with Li Jie. She often spoke of events unfolding for a greater purpose. Michael didn't want to burden Li Jie with his doubts.

"Well... I suppose what I truly cherish is the strong bond within my family," Michael finally replied, his voice laced with uncertainty. Being thrust into this unfamiliar place had led him to question his previous convictions. "But now, I find myself unsure."

Memories of his older brother, Miguel, flooded Michael's mind—always caring and affectionate towards him. Among their family members, Miguel showered Michael with the most love. Neither of them was in line for succession, so why was he sent away?

Unbeknownst to Michael, his family held a deep love for him, yet they didn't contest Miguel's position. Furthermore, his mother, content with their current status and material well-being, was not driven by the pursuit of power.

Lost in these thoughts, Michael continued, his voice tinged with melancholy, "In my homeland, things are different. While the Emperor may have a harem and nobles here have mistresses, back home, it's unique. Most women have multiple husbands."

Li Jie's curiosity grew, contemplating the contrast between their worlds. Michael's homeland appeared to be more accepting of women's rights, an aspect that Li Jie's Empress sought to promote. "It's quite a stark difference from here," Li Jie commented, clicking his tongue thoughtfully. "Is it more consensual there?"

Michael sketched a simple family tree on the ground, providing a visual representation for Li Jie. "Yes," he replied, "In my homeland, it is more consensual. Husbands willingly share their wives, and if the marriage isn't solely political, they often develop genuine affection for each other. It's rare, but it happens."

Li Jie's expression revealed his astonishment. The concept of romantic love involving multiple partners had never crossed his mind. In his world, it seemed inconceivable.

Michael nodded, acknowledging Li Jie's reaction. "That's how it is. In my family, my mother, who is the head of our household, has three husbands and two wives." He moved closer to Li Jie, savoring the warmth emanating from his companion. "My father was her first husband, but he passed away before I was born. Despite his absence, I have numerous fatherly figures. Love is the foundation of our family."

Li Jie's heart swelled with tenderness as he listened, understanding why Michael willingly embraced the idea of becoming part of Li Jie's harem. Being one among many concubines held no significance as long as he occupied a place in Li Jie's heart. Li Jie believed that the human heart possessed boundless capacity and that love knew no boundaries—it could never overflow.

"I'm glad you have them," Li Jie expressed, his smile providing solace as he gently caressed Michael's arm. He sensed the yearning within Michael's soul, the longing to meet his late father. "Do you have any siblings?"

Michael's fond smile illuminated his face. "Yes, I have two older sisters, one older brother, and one younger sister," he answered. "My eldest sister, Star, will inherit our house and is likely to hold her succession ceremony in a year."

In that moment, a realization dawned upon Michael. His brother Miguel had always cared for and protected him. Neither of them was in line for succession, so there was no reason for their family to send Michael away.

Hope flickered within Michael as he pondered the possibility that his mother had foreseen his encounter with Li Jie. She often spoke of events unfolding for the greater good. Perhaps that was why they had sent him here—to discover a love that would shape his life forever.

Li Jie's gentle gaze met Michael's, brimming with unspoken understanding. Both shared a longing to unravel the purpose behind Michael's unexpected journey.

Chapter 5 is probably going to be the longest chapter till the end of the book... ^^

Khoresh Fesenjoon is my absolute favorite, you guys gotta try it at least once <333

Scratch that, try every Persian food. We've got some nice things ^.^

Also,

"Li Jie had never considered the possibility of loving more than one person in that way. In his world, it seemed impossible."

With the way you're collecting men like Pokemon, I think you're bound to change your beliefs soon enough~~

 

Let my baby be a baby for a little while longer ^^

1