0.1 “Hello Host”
31 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

He had always been absolutely certain that he was a protagonist. So to say that Zhao Jingyi was calm right now would be a lie. However, although he was very restless internally, on the surface he appeared to be calm. 

His fiery golden eyes that would normally never waver under any circumstance now betrayed the excitement in his heart. 

 

To understand the thoughts running through his mind it is necessary to know Zhao Jingyi starting from when he was young.

Zhao Jingyi knew he was superior from the day he was born. He had held a sort of apathy for the people around him. It wasn't until he had read a few novels that he understood what this feeling was. From a very young age, he realized that he was the protagonist. With that mindset he thought to himself, 

 

‘ah, so this was the reason the people around me lacked any presence.’

 

He was the protagonist, the main character! 

Hell! It wouldn't be an exaggeration to call him the chosen son of god!!! o(≧ ▽ ≦)o


As he grew older people called him a narcissist. They called him arrogant, insensitive and reckless among other things. Those words were a fart in the wind to Zhao Jingyi. He served a greater purpose in the world and could not be bothered to argue with irrelevant characters shoving their way into his story. He had learned this lesson when he was 11 and told some classmates that his predestined fate had yet to be fulfilled. When they asked him what he meant he explained how he was greater than those around him. With ugly faces, they continued questioning him before asking,

“What does that make us? Nothing?”

“No,” he said, “It makes you side characters. Or mobs at the very least. The fact that I, as the main character, am speaking to you right now means you must have some sort of worth.”

 

He was blind to the cold looks of the children around him as he spoke with what he deemed as 'comforting words'. It wasn't until the next school day when he was ostracized and ridiculed that he realized what had happened. 

Clearly these were the jealous cannon fodder here to give him the bullying and bad treatment he had not yet experienced right?

 

...he wasn't prepared for this situation..how embarrassing… (≧﹏ ≦) 

.....Zhao Jingyi was a special type of person who could convince himself the world revolved around him even if the situation was entirely against him in every possible way.  

 

His brain hole was so huge that even a grand library of fiction novels wouldn't be able to match his delusions. At every point in life he would constantly wonder what sort of historical destiny he had.

He was raised in an orphanage until the age of 5… maybe his parents were star-crossed lovers from two of the richest rival companies?
According to the shows that the aunties who took care of the kids watched, once his mother realized his father was a good man and it was his uncle who drove her away she would come to find him but his father would take him home first and after some years passed he would become a handsome and princely young master, hiding his inner turmoil with an elegant smile at dinner parties… Not that he knew what any of that meant as a 5-year-old ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

His adoptive parents died in an accident when he was 9… maybe he's the reincarnation of a cruel god?
It wasn't like he ever felt much for the people around him. He couldn't bring himself to look sorrowful even when going through the funeral procedures and those relatives had cursed at him for being an “ungrateful white-eyed wolf who couldn't even shed tears”. Those who had housed him always called him names. Maybe it was true that he was just a fiend in human form and mortals would always be against him.

He nearly died to those vicious bullies when he was 16… maybe he would become a vengeful school ghost?
But it's a pity that he really doesn't hold any strong feelings towards this sort of cannon fodder like those spirits in movies. All he did was go to school like normal but who knew that when he skipped class to go to the library and stay 'mysterious' he would get dragged to the forest behind campus to be stripped and shoved in a ditch for “being too cocky” and “not knowing your place". Even when they poured the ice water on him to the point his bones felt frozen in the cold evening breeze of early winter, he never had the thought to fear death. Whether he lived or not Zhao Jingyi was certain he would always be a BOSS _(xз」∠)_

 


...So when you add up all the experiences of this sort of abnormal person it's easier to understand why he was now excited and restless.

Zhao Jingyi was currently floating in an ethereal white space. He knew he had died at the age of 28, and right after his birthday too. But how could he have time to feel upset when he could hear that cold mechanical voice say the words, 

 

“Hello Host”

Jingyi nodded in a controlled manner. If he opened his mouth at this moment he would have started asking endless questions. What kind of system are you? What benefits are there? Will I meet other systems? Will a lovestruck fool follow me from world to world? Why did you choose me? Is it because I'm so special?......
As these sort of thoughts whirled around in his mind his calm expression turned a bit foolish and silly. If any one of the people who had previously called him cold and unfeeling saw him at this moment they could only choke on a mouthful of blood unable to cope with such broken character settings. It was as if a brave and arrogant dog that seemed incapable of respecting anyone suddenly became dazed and started drooling at a treat.

In other words, 

 

His!

 

Character!

 

Collapsed!!! 

 

(@_@)!!


After a few minutes of stagnant silence, Zhao Jingyi collected himself and came back to reality.

“Hello Host,” the system repeated, “Host currently has an abnormal heart rate, asking Host to calm down.”

“Cough…. I'm alright.” Zhao Jingyi felt that he had lost the appearance of a competent host when he compared his restlessness to the professional tone the system had...(>//<) ....embarrassing…

“Host has been chosen to join the 'Raise a Good Protagonist' system. I will be working with Host to complete missions and tasks. Systems are not permitted to give out their number ids, asking Host to give this system a name to make our interactions more comfortable.”

“In that case, your name will be You Liang since I believe that you'll be a first-rate system and a good friend! (^-^) You can call me by name as well. We'll be spending a lot of time together right? So let's act familiar with each other starting from now! \(^○^)

 

Zhao Lingyi wanted to be as amicable as possible. After all, wasn't a good relationship with the system a foundation for world-hopping and transmigration? He has to get a good start for his career as the protagonist of a transmigration story and this system was sure to be a key character in his success. 

 

You “first-rate system” Liang: “….Yes Host.”

 

………………………………………………..

A First-Rate System's Little Theater: 

 

Protagonist Zhao Jingyi: Xiao Liang'er ~~~~ Let's be close! Close! Close! Friends! Come kiss and hug~~~~~(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ

 

Xiao Liang'er: ….→_→….. (〃>﹏<)

....
#My host is trying way too hard!#

#Help! Host wants a kiss, what to do?#

#Are Host x System relationships against work policy?#

2