Chapter 8: The woe of being a side character.
16 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Tiffany and Rick finally had an agreement. He would teach her all he knows about firearms and ammunitions, including how to make a bullet from scratch and once she could make actual usable bullets, he would buy some from her.

At first, Tiffany thought that it would be too dangerous and she would be exposed as the source. Rick reminded her of his identity and she completely shut up. He also told her that she would become a permanent VIP of his shooting range and could come anytime for training practice, free of charge.

This was the closing point. She had to face reality. She had no prior training for using a gun and she probably would have to come here a lot.

With the agreement now in place, it was time for her to go home. Rick told her he could arrange a room for her so that she didn’t have to travel back and forth. She almost agreed until she remember that being the nice façade of this handsome and jolly behaviour was an Incubus.

She had already walked into the tiger’s den, sold her soul to the devil, she needed to save her chastity. Too much good is bad for you. She had not seen his true appearance behind the glamour. He should be handsome if he was an Incubus but he went down the path of Wrath. So… she politely declined bringing her family as an excuse and left.

She didn’t forget to bring the book “bullets for dummies” with her. She was definitely going to sleep with it under her pillow, who knows, maybe it was a long lost artefact, and a retired ultimate shooter would visit her dreams. Clearly, she still hoped to regain some of her protagonist aura.

Contrary to everyone’s expectations, no one visited her dream that night.

Her schedule begun in earnest and she was swamped with study and assignments. She would wake up in the morning. Study 2 hours before lunch, then more study in the first part of the afternoon. In the second part she would then put what she learned into application by using her Mana Creation skill.

She started to dread this period as she would always fail. she would either make a “shell”, an imitation of the actual object or she would fall into a mana overdraft, picking all over the place. Her mind stat was really hindering her at this time. Rick insisted that it was necessary and it would be getting better, the more she would use her skill the more familiar she would get with it and her mind stat would increase. She hated him for this but had to admit that he was right. She could only shut up and bear it.

The last period of the day was spent on shooting practice. Having unlimited free ammunitions, Tiffany unleashed her pent up frustration on the targets. In her heart, the face of a handsome devil was replacing the targets.

For the first few evenings, in her annoyance, she kept missing the targets, it was much harder than it looked. Only after a few days could she finally hit the targets ten meters aways from her.

After the third day, she felt she was loosing too much time with the travel and she couldn’t afford it. She explained her parents the situation and they supported her. She was legally and and could make her own decisions.

At the office, Rick was surprised to see her arriving with suitcases. “What’s up?” Asked Rick while putting his paper on the side.

Feeling embarrassed that she changed her mind so quickly, Tiffany answered awkwardly, “I am here to take you on the offer of using a room”.

“Are you sure?” Sexual undertone was mixed with his question.

Completely unaware, Tiffany answered eagerly. “Of course, I need all the time I can get if I want to achieve my goals. This will be my one and only chance to go to a university of my choice”. Tiffany wondered if he was going to reject her now.

Rick rolled his eyes. He was wondering how she could be so mature and so innocent at the same time. There would be time where she seemed to have the certainty well beyond her age compared to her innocent mentality that came with her young age. “Sure you can stay. This will make it simpler for the both of us”.

“Great!” Tiffany left the office and went to chase down her room in excitement.

Feeling a slight twitch in his emotions, Rick thought, “I must have been away from Helliom for too long. It seems that I have been getting way too bored lately.”

He had gotten bored from all the carnage, war and minder that were daily occurrence on his home planet. He had decided to settle down in a small town on Cormeus. Due to various situations, his life which was supposed to be uneventful kept becoming interrupted by annoying pests. One event led to the next and he ended up founding an organisation dealing with informations and supplying anything needed. He didn’t deal with anything related to drugs or slavery. But this is a story for another time.

Tiffany was really pleased with her room. It had an en-suite bathroom with a huge bathtub. Little did she know that she would not have the chance to ever use it once. Only the shower would have its daily use.

After settling down, Tiffany started to learn in earnest. She had about one and a half month left before her entrance exam.

She finally started to get familiar with the intricacies with a .9mm bullet. She was very happy to finally understand that a bullet was composed of the case, primer, powder and projectile.

In addition she had to get familiar with the various types of lead, copper and alloys that would make the best bullet.

Being able to have the mass and touch all the components of a bullet was very beneficial.

Hours turned into days and days turned int0 weeks. Finally after four weeks, she had finally managed to successfully create the various elements composing a bullet.

Tiffany was pleased to see all those components faintly glowing on the table. It was an accomplishment brought about by her blood, sweat and tears… and vomit, a lot of vomits.

All this work had paid off and her mind stat finally reached 11.

After another week of getting fully familiar with creating each individual components, she was now ready to try creating her first real mana bullet. Having all the components and the final product in her mind, Tiffany used her skill.

Beads of sweat could be seen on her forehead as she closed her eyes and fully focused on the picture in her mind.

She could feel her mana being drained. Just as she was bout to use all her mana, the consumption stopped. Opening her eyes, the most beautiful thing on Cormeus was present on the table, shining with an intensity as if blessed by god.

Tiffany’s reality was slightly distorted due to the feeling of euphoria that accompanied the end of her most painful study experience. It was simply a .9mm bullet with a faint mana glow.

Tiffany grabbed the bullet and rushed out of her trading room and went barrelling towards ricks office. Stomping sounds could be heard amongst slamming doors.

Tjis has been a recurring scene when Tiffany achieved a breakthrough without Rick being present. She had somehow started to enjoy hearing his praise when she did something good. On the contrary she would always run away when he was catching her slacking on study. His sermons were more than she could bear.

“I finally did it!” Screamed Tiffany while barging into Rick’s office.

“Will you stop coming into my office uninvited”. Said Rick. He was staring to get annoyed with unwanted interruptions. He couldn’t understand how he found her cute when they first met.

Shoving the mana bullet in his face, “look! I made it!” Exclaimed Tiffany. She knew he couldn’t harm her and she was milking it for it’s worth.

Truth to be told, it was her revenged for the embarrassment he caused her. She had asked to see him without his glamour. Her ears reddened when she recalled the moment.

She had fallen into a trance as soon as she met his dark red eyes. Ancient wisdom drew her in, only when he blinked did she managed to move her eyes away. Then, her gaze fell on his sexy lips. She was starting to feel parched the more her gaze lingered on his body. He was truly a demon of lust, the sharp aura emanating from being tried with countless battle only made him more perfect.

Her lower body started to heat up and she only came to when she heard her own moan. Embarrassed and feeling completely humiliated, she hide in her room for the next two days.

Only when he had apologised numerous time did she agree to come out and resumed her training. This little bunny was very hard to coax. In the past he would simply fuck them and move on. Clearly he couldn’t do this. For the first time in eons, Rick started to believe in the existence of karma.

Back to the present, Rick was very please with her progress. “Good, from now on, you need to stop you studies and simply keep creating bullets. The more you do the safer you will be. Don’t drop your shooting practice. You need to be consistent on the 25 meters targets”. Instructed Nick.

And so the rest of her schedule for the next fifteen days was decided.

Those days passed quickly, Tiffany became proficient enough that she could make a bullet per 50 mana used. She only took five seconds to make it.

In addition, due to constant practice her mind stat increased to 15.

Tiffany was packing up. It was her last day in this room and she would miss it. All good things have to end at some point and it was time to close this chapter of her life in order to start a new one.

1