Chapter 1: Prologue
529 7 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
The first chapter is released!
I am new to writing stories so any constructive criticism is welcomed.

Prologue


Joe was just out and about doing his daily chores, which consisted of buying groceries and collecting the occasional packages. The sun had just started to poke up behind the treetops, and the town of twenty-thousand was as quiet as it ever would be. From this snip of information, you might come to think of Joe as a hardworking man, but on contrary, Joe is actually someone that does the least amount of work possible. When serving in the military he choose to be a truck driver because he knew beforehand that then he would not be forced to do as much of the arduous training arrangements he otherwise would be subjected to. Let's continue, Joe was on his way to the barbershop since he had gotten ahold of a coupon the day before. (Yes, Joe is also a cheapskate.)  

While walking on the pavement he was focusing on the coupon it read as follows "99% OFF". Of course, this seemed too good to be true, but that did not stop Joe. As he got inside the shop he heard a high pitch screeching sound, and suddenly he felt the world spin and turn. Then a burning sensation began to spread, while at the same time he felt freer than ever. Then suddenly everything came to a halt, and in front of him appeared a mystic figure. From top to bottom it was covered in an incomprehensible floating material. It had a shape vaguely similar to that of a humanoid. Then it spoke "You have been chosen as a suitable energy transporter. Consider yourself lucky.". The voice Joe heard was like nothing he had heard before, but he did not get too long to think of this as he promptly fainted. 

 

 

 

Is this chapter well written?
  • Yes. Votes: 13 39.4%
  • Nah, step up your game. Votes: 8 24.2%
  • I do not care how you write it as long as it is fun to read. Votes: 19 57.6%
  • Stop with the polls please. Votes: 2 6.1%
Total voters: 33
10