23.- Sycamore auction 1
161 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

My name is Makoto Tanaka, my previous life was never very interesting, it was a completely average life for an average high school boy, but my death was extremely gruesome…

I didn’t think a truck could fit inside a classroom…

But after that I saw a beautiful goddess!

And in an artificial but beautiful voice, like one of those virtual idols, she told me:

“The demon lord wants to revive and spread chaos in <Arcadia>. Therefore, you have been chosen to become a hero.”

she had a beautiful smile, I’ve never seen such a beautiful smile, not even on idols or anywhere on the internet!

“Please choose a talent of your liking.” About 5 rows with 7 cards each appeared before me, each card clearly contained a great power, but some of them were flipped.

I carefully examine each of the cards, some powers were quite attractive, like <Ruinous super strength> or <Peerless wind god>, but there was one card that called out to me very strongly, <Large box and small box>.

I read it and I think it’s a very interesting skill, it basically min maxes all of my body so that my magic and defense are all the way to the max! of course the rest of my body will become weaker as a result.

At first it doesn’t sound like a very useful skill, if something passes your defenses you’ll die, you won’t be able to lift anything too heavy, and you’ll be very slow while walking. These sounds like some very bad cons at a first glance. But think about it!

Max magic!

Who cares if something can kill me in one hit, I just have to beat it first!

Who cares if I can’t lift heavy things, I just have to make it levitate! Or can make a golem to lift it for me!

Who cares if I move very slowly, I could just fly around! Or maybe I can buff my speed so much I still become a speedster!

I obviously choose this one!

“Very well.” The goddess moves her hands in a mysterious way, and the card flips over, a warm light starts enveloping me. “Enjoy <Arcadia> to its fullest, and please defeat the demon lord”

And just like that I was born.

 

* * *

 

I’ll skip over most of the details since most of my new life was also quite mundane.

Right now I’m fighting a big pig alongside Irina, Delia, and Matilda.

This is the 7th time we are fighting it…

It charges at me, but I make a defensive pose, and I block it without much problem.

We have made this dance a few times, shouldn’t you already know that my defense is not this weak?

I use my <Chain lightning> to electrocute it, and it dies again.

“It’s becoming stronger.” Irina looks solemn.

Sheeshh, I remember the first time I fought that thing I could just teleport it away, but now it’s becoming more and more clever.

“Hmph! What a bothersome creature!” Tomoe comes out of my shirt, she’s a small fairy the size of my palm, she’s been by my side ever since I was born in this world, according to her she’s a gift from the dollar store goddess.

“I have to agree” Delia nods “I hope this won’t affect the auction.”

I shrug “I’ll just strengthen the barrier, it should be enough while we hold the auction.”

“We’ll have to rely on you.” Matilda is smiling

Auction… That reminds me of the merchant girl…

Sigh, she was such a nag AND she was also a tsundere...

I shrug.

“Be careful!” Tomoe shouts.

I immediately defend that place.

A laser came from the eyes of the big pig, directly to the place I defended.

My <Large box and small box> unfortunately isn’t perfect, it has it’s achilles heel.

The dollar store goddess sure loves this kind of bullshit.

I use my <Chain lightning> a few times to make sure it’s dead this time.

Annoying thing.

Not even the old hag was this troublesome.

“Are you okay?!” Delia looks very worried.

“It’s fine, I’m not even scratched.” I start walking away from the big pig though, it gives me the creeps.

However, I trip after that, and fall on top of Delia’s cleavage…

“Geh! I’m sorry!” I immediately move away “We have to organize the auction!” I quickly flee from the scene.

I can’t do anything lewd until I’m 18.

It would be morally wrong.

I hear Delia sighing behind me.

 

* * *

 

Even if I said we have to organize the auction, I have no idea how any of that works, so as I said, I’m strengthening the barrier.

We have a building for the auction in the middle of the forest, it’s near our hideout and it’s also hard to find, though the people who want to get here will find a way.

It’s also in a convenient location so that it can be reached fairly quickly from all 5 towns that are nearby, Basil, Paprika, Thyme, Cinnamon and Sesame.

There’s one or two immortals in each of them, but it seems they’re turning a blind eye to our activities, there would not be a need for city walls without dangers outside of them after all, as long as we stay out of the towns we should be ok, at least according to Matilda.

We have plans to move out into a better area once we have a few more people with 4 and 5 patterns.

Damn, this is boring, I look around and see that some people are already starting to gather here, everyone looks shady, but I think I could beat most of them by myself.

Some of them look very OP though, but I don’t think anyone with more than 5 patterns is here.

“Don’t worry about it! I know it’ll be fine.” Tomoe is sitting on my shoulder.

I nod.

However, at that time I notice two familiar people approaching me.

It’s that Octavius guy and Bianca Sycamore.

He looks very tired…

Matilda notices them too, and quickly comes over too.

“Bianca! I didn’t think you would be so shameless as to come here!” She’s not very happy.

After her stunt last time it’s obvious why.

I still can’t look her in the eye… they look very creepy too, and that makes it even harder.

We still haven’t found the <Penultima stone> too.

“Fuck off Matilda. I wouldn’t come here without business, so look at this” She takes out a dagger and gives it to Matilda “We have 6 fucking artifacts of similar quality, and we want to auction them.”

 Matilda inspects it, and then points it to the ground and the blade glows, making a horrible chirping sound.

A breath later a big green laser comes out from the blade!

“How did you obtain this thing? And you have 5 more of these?” Matilda looks a little surprised “Did you find the body of some rich idiot?”

“I made them.” Octavius explains with a cocky grin.

He’s a blacksmith?

He’s the young master of the <Paprika clan> so I guess it makes sense, since they’re blacksmiths.

Damn I thought he was a weakling, but he had another kind of strength.

Matilda also looks very impressed “You always had a good eye for people.” She gives Bianca the dagger back “We’ll auction them, but only because these are quality items, and our past friendship, just don’t cause any trouble.”

Bianca claps “Of course, you think I’m some fucking idiot or something, I’ll be a good girl.”

Matilda sighs “Just follow me.” And begins walking away.

The two of them follow her.

“That young master must have a lot of patience, even I’m tired of that lady! she reminds me of that traveling merchant.” I nod, Tomoe and I are on the same wavelength for most things.

However that’s not what I was focusing on.

Octavius arm is still broken.

How brutal.

But I sigh, it seems that guy can’t be my rival after all.

He was too weak from the start, and now with that kind of injury I don’t think he has much of a chance anymore.

Maybe he’s like that martial artist who fought the sand monster back home?

Kinda cool but largely irrelevant.

I shrug and continue strengthening the barrier.

I don’t want that big pig bothering us today.

4