30.- Silence.
170 4 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I’m in the middle of a forest, the trees are extremely tall, and the air is really cold and heavy.

It’s hard to breathe…

The sky is dark, but the stars are shining very clearly.

And the moon is large…

Extremely big, I can see many of the craters, and there is large crack in the middle.

And then, I hear a roar that shakes my whole being!

The crack on the moon keeps growing and growing, until it starts separating.

I close my eyes, with every fiber of my being is warning me that I don’t want to see what’s inside!

But even when I close them, the image of the moon is projected to my mind, alongside that dammed laugh!

I bite my tongue as hard as I can, grasping at this small hope!

And at that moment, the crack opened!

 

* * *

 

I wake up.

I’m covered in sweat, and there’s an iron taste in my mouth.

I spit out some blood.

It seems like I bit my mouth in my sleep…

Hmph.

I clean myself up with a piece of cloth, and dress myself.

I also put on the green hat.

This is where I’m putting all my things for now, of course I’ll take it with me.

I’m leaving that painting under my bed though, I definitely don’t want to lug that thing around.

I have some fun ideas for it, but not now.

And I actually have plans for today.

Hopefully Amalia should still be alive.

The potion definitely isn’t ready yet, but I plan to check on her anyway.

I’m not going to give her the money now, I don’t trust her that much, but I do want to get an idea of when the potion will be ready, and also tell her that I do have the money ready.

I also want to ask about the best way to consume the [Wulfrum pills], it should probably be fine to just eat them, but asking shouldn’t hurt.

And after that?

It should be obvious.

Training, training, and more training!

Hmph, there is no other way to strength other than hard work, so I’ll work hard.

Of course, I also want to hang out with Aurora and Antonia, but that is not a priority.

Focus, Octavius!

Strength is forever!

I start practicing the <Elizabeth’s puppet controlling strings> and go downstairs.

 

* * *

 

It seems I’ve woke up too early, because I don’t see anyone here.

I go to the kitchen and get in front of the refrigerator.

Hmph, I hate this thing.

I try opening it with the strings…

Hmm, how tricky.

It has to be done really quickly, or else the strings will dissipate.

But the strings must also be strong enough to hold the weight of the refrigerator door, if they aren’t, they will break and then dissipate.

And surprisingly enough, thicker strings don’t seem to be stronger.

Hmph.

Don’t think your dammed thing will hold me back, Monica Lupei!

 

* * *

 

It took me more tries than I thought it would, but I finally managed to open the door of the refrigerator!

I’d say it took me around 30 minutes, and a fifth of my mana is gone, but I did it!

Hehe, Lupei, more like Buglei!

I take a fruit from inside the refrigerator, and bite it triumphantly!

It tastes like victory.

I feel someone is nearby, so I turn around and see that Felix is awkwardly standing behind me.

It seems he wanted something from the fridge.

I leave the kitchen, I already have everything I needed from here anyway, no need to bother him more than this.

I need to find something else too, anything I can use to write.

I already have a good number of journals with empty pages, I even have one that’s completely empty.

It doesn’t take me long to find a loose pencil.

Hehe, with this I can communicate with other people, even if it’s not ideal.

I really have to thank Antonia, since I hadn’t thought of a method like this.

I finish eating the fruit, and leave the building in a good mood.

 

* * *

 

I make my way through the streets of basil, they’re as lively as always, people are working, kids are playing, there’s a few housewives doing whatever they do, I’m not too clear what that is.

But I feel really uncomfortable, all of it seems kinda disgusting when it’s completely silent.

It’s just wrong.

Of course, people keep giving me weird looks as I practice the <Elizabeth’s puppet controlling strings>, making it even creepier.

Hmph, at least I’m already on my way to Amalia’s… house? Forest?

I have no idea, but whatever her place is.

I’m going there.

I’ll have to ask her if something can be done about my hearing.

Surely it can’t be more difficult to cure than my arm, right?

Well, if we’re considering worst case scenarios then it doesn’t matter how much harder or easier it might be, because the hog of hydragyrum might’ve gotten to her.

Hmph.

I will know what happened when I actually arrive there, so I just focus on reaching Amalia’s place faster.

 

* * *

 

Sigh, I’m already here.

Let’s hope for the best.

I enter the dilapidated building, and see that the rug is still there.

I step in it…

Do I have to do something special?

After a few seconds have passed, I feel really itchy all over my body, and a breath after that I find myself in a forest.

Good, it seems this thing is working at least.

There’s a sign right in front of me, and there’s some smoke coming from the chimney.

The sign reads:

“The beautiful cinderwood alchemist is currently making medicine, please wait warmly.”

She’s alive!

That’s great, I feel a lot better.

I won’t go and interrupt her while she’s working, as a fellow craftsman I know that much.

So I’ll just wait here, it’s not like I have any other plans.

I write on my journal “I can’t hear.” Just to have it out of the way.

I’ll keep training for the moment.

2