Chapter 1
57 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Non Contextual Mess. (Abilities)

[Reference]: Allows one to "Reference" any abilities, and moves from all different forms of media.....

[Archive]: Endless new possibilities! An archive of mostly everything related to Anime and other forms of media....

[Bypass]: Bypasses any.... Limitations and such of the ability wielders  [References].

 

Now.... Start! Yay.

 

------------------------------------------------

Kazuto Kage walked through the forest slowly as the moon overhead cast an eerie glow over the treetops. 

 

Leaves rustled in the breeze and trees swayed as Kage made his way on. It was freezing cold, and he direly needed to get to some shelter. 

 

He was quite tall, with long black hair coming down in multiple messy bangs. Kage’s face was a little pale, with clear brown eyes and thin eyebrows. Wearing white hakama pants and a loose black haori, he was a little out of place in the woods.

 

It had been about seven days since Kage had been dropped into this world by what seemed to be a god of sorts into the somewhat wonderful world of Kimetsu No Yaiba, or Demon Slayer. He came over with his carefully selected cheats, which made him quite overpowered, but still….. 

 

There was good reason to be scared. His three abilities, [Reference], [Bypass], and [Archive] were still….. Somewhat limited. Somewhat.

 

From what the “God” had told him, he would be there around the start of the canon timeline. Fun. As he headed through the woods, Kage looked around, fearful, yet also excited. It was quite a novel experience, wandering through the woods in the shadows of night. 

 

Through one of Kage’s abilities, [Reference] he could just fly or run about at top speeds, he wasn’t exactly sure if he could handle it at the moment. Even though the god had assured him that his abilities would be quote “easy to control” if he just used Shunpo and took off at top speeds, wouldn’t he go splat into a wall? 

 

At the moment, Kage was under Zetsu, a Nen ability from the hit series HunterxHunter that allowed him to suppress his aura completely, which would make any supposed Demons around not notice him as easily. As easily. Emphasis on that. 

 

To help counteract that, Kage looked through his [Archive] and decided to go with the ability from Bungou Stray Dogs, Thou Shalt Not Die. This ability allowed someone to heal all kinds of external injuries, with a single condition. That the person is fatally injured, almost or practically dead.

 

Maybe not the best choice, but right now, he dearly wanted to find civilization. You see, the god had dropped him in the middle of the wilderness, somewhere in Japan. Though he was Japanese, knowing the geography of you’re homeland about ninety years ago is quite hard…. And he didn’t have a map. Taisho Era Japan. Fun.

 

Maybe near Asakusa? The god had also mentioned it would be near the main plot….

 

Walking upwards, it seemed that he was in a more mountainous region, with countless trees and quite the cold weather. As he walked, Kage searched his [Archive] for any useful anime abilities that could prevent him from getting a cold, or dying from hypothermia. 

 

Kage was a city-dweller and had not much experience starting a fire. Maybe if he made a torch? But then that would lure over the demons if there were any….. Most fire-related abilities and such were ruled out, due to their flashy or bright nature. There were many other solutions, but right now, Kage wanted to first and foremost, get to somewhere where there were people. 

 

Even though Demons were attracted to civilization, due to the whole “delicious humans” thing, there was shelter and people. And food. Through the [Archive], which was vague and mostly listed utility and attack-based abilities, he couldn’t find anything at the moment that would give him food. Water? Yes, he had conjured some water before to drink, so hydration was dealt with thankfully. 

 

Kage had thought of the Creation Quirk from BNHA, but he didn’t know the chemical makeup of any foods to say the least. Foraging? He could…. But not at the moment. He had to keep moving. If he sat still for a while, for one, he would be a sitting duck to demons. Or other animals. Didn’t have a Nichirin katana, and sunrise was quite a while away. Maybe those fire-related abilities would work in this case? He might burn down the forest though……

 

As one could tell, Kage was an extremely cautious person at times like this When his life was on the line, he tended to want to stay alive and minimize risk. Though Kage’s logic was slightly twisted, they were still somewhat….. Reasonable.

 

Walking up a hill, Kage navigated across the rough unpaved ground, moving hastily yet also cautiously, attempting to minimize noise and movement. Well, he tried. Kage wasn’t exactly a trained ninja or anything. There were some abilities that could turn him into a “Naruto Shinobi-Esque” existence, but he didn’t exactly want to try them out just yet.

 

You gotta learn to walk before you run after all. Baby-Steps. Unless the situation was dire. Then Kage would go complete Nigerundayo…..

 

Walking up a hill, he made his way around a few boulders, looking around in pure paranoia. Stepping over a branch, he continued on into the night, extremely cautious. 

 

Few Minutes Later…..

 

Kage stood behind a tree, as loud growls and yells could be heard, not so far away. In front of him was an old rotting temple. 

 

One story tall, it was in great disrepair, most likely abandoned years ago. Weeds grew all over the temple grounds, sticking out of the floor, breaking through floor tiles, and such. The curved roof was beginning to fall in, with most of the wooden tiles already gone to presumably the weather. Crashing and fighting could be heard within, and he wondered if he should go in or not. 

 

Why he was asking this question when it would seem like more sense to just leave? Curiosity. 

 

If this was a demon and not some random wild animal, what would it look like? The demon from the anime and manga alike both looked a little creepy, but was this actually the case? And Kage wanted to know if the person screaming before was…… Dead or not. Maybe he could….. Save? 

 

Though Kage was cautious and didn’t like getting into trouble, some old morals…… Could not be taken away. If the person was already dead, then bless their souls. If they were alive, they could still be saved.

 

Hesitating, he heard the sound of conflict within the temple, signaling that whoever was in there was still alive. The demon hadn’t gotten to them yet. Kage stepped out from behind the tree, creeping towards the entrance of the temple before suddenly, splinters flew everywhere, and a person landed in a heap before him. 

 

Looking down, Kage quickly supported him. It was a young teen, who for some reason, had a basket on his…… Oh. Crap.

3