Chapter 3
45 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Kage knew who this was, but attempted not to show it. This was the former Water Hashira of the Demon Slayer Corps, and Tanjiro's future master, Sakonji Urokodaki.

 

"Who are you?" Tanjiro asked, hugging his bamboo basket.

 

"I am Sakonji Urokodaki. You are the one that Giyu wanted to introduce?" The old man replied, digging into the ground.

 

"My name is Kamado Tanjiro, and this is my sister Nezuko." Tanjiro pointed his finger at a figure that seemed to be hiding inside of the bloody temple.

 

She was a small child, with long and wavy black hair, that reached just below her waist, then turning a red burgundy color. She had soft pink eyes and a light pink kimono. It was quite surprising to see so many of the most prominent main characters at the same time….. And the fact that they had natural pink and red eyes was also strange. Anime logic…. But it did look pretty cool.

 

Suddenly Kage shook himself out of his daze, speaking clearly. "Umm…. Hi? My name is Kazuto Kage, a random wanderer who happened to stumble upon this temple as I was walking through the forest….. As for how I destroyed that…. Demons head? I have been pretty strong since childhood. Believe it or not….." An extremely lame lie of sorts, but the situation right now was sort of awkward…..

 

"Hmm….." Urokodaki thought for a moment, adjusting his frowning Tengu mask.

 

Tanjiro and Kage exchanged formalities awkwardly, watching as Urokodaki slowly placed the bodies into graves, burying them within the ground.

 

All three of them quietly bowed, wishing the souls good luck in the afterlife.

 

Then, Urokodaki stepped in front of them, looking down at Tanjiro. It was quite intimidating, watching this man...

 

"Tell me, Kamado Tanjiro, what would you do if your sister ate a human?" The former Hashira asked loudly, causing both of them to flinch. Tanjiro looked down indecisively, fidgeting. Sweat dripped down the side of his face as his Hanafuda earrings shook in the wind.

 

"Slap!" Urokodaki slapped Tanjiro like the original, causing the poor teen to recoil in shock, touching his cheek.

 

"That is totally uncalled for….." Even though Kage knew it was going to happen and had just murdered a Demon, he was still shocked when Urokodaki slapped Tanjiro.

 

They continued talking, as Kage watched in fascination as a somewhat similar conversation to the original progressed, ending with Urokodaki asking Tanjiro to follow him. It was quite inspirational actually...

 

"Eh…. What should I do? Can I just follow you guys?" The two looked at him for a second. They had just gone through a dramatic argumentative conversation of sorts and completely forgot that he was here. Urokodaki thought for a moment, before nodding.

 

The reason Kage wanted to go with them was simple. He wanted to witness the plot in all its glory. When you don't get invited to a birthday party, except your sibling does, you feel left out. Sort of the same feeling.

 

It wasn't like Harry Potter, where if one was to be reincarnated there, one could experience magical wonders and such without having to get near the main cast. In Demon Slayer, if he just sat in a corner of Tokyo, there was no excitement.

 

If he was here already, and his chance of dying was at a minimum due to his "cheats". He was also quite surprised that Urokodaki hadn't gone further asking about the demon….. Strange….

 

This honestly didn't feel realistic in the slightest….

 

Ten Minutes Later….

 

"Oof!" Kage grabbed the wooden beam that was coming straight for his solar plexus, sending him reeling a bit. Well, Urokodaki said he could do the "challenge" too if he wanted. And quite casually too.

 

Carefully making his way down the mountain, he managed to evade most of the traps with the use of "God Speed Impulse", quite the handy ability at times like this.

 

For some reason, he felt a little more light-headed after he used Black Flash. Did it have something to do with the concentration used? Though Kage was still getting used to the Impulse, as it was sometimes almost instinctive, and it jerked him around quite a bit….

 

Jumping over a hidden hole, Kage scrambled around, jumping onto a boulder as he looked around, surveying the area. In the distance, he could hear Tanjiro stomping around noisily. Really, what a clown…..

 

Grabbing onto the side of a tree branch, he swung his way down, landing right above a pit of mud, his feet out in a split-like motion and his balance, quite uneven. Close shave it seems….. God-Speed Impulse was a lifesaver…. Looking up into the sky, through the trees, he could see that the morning was breaking. He had better hurry up.

 

A few Minutes Later….

 

"Phew!" Kage clapped his hands together, looking behind him as Tanjiro also arrived at the bottom of the mountain. Named Mt. Saigiri by the way.

 

"Kage-san, you made it!" Tanjiro smiled happily for some reason, panting for his breath and bruises all over his body. Kage wasn't really injured, just extremely dirty. He was caked in mud and dust. But it was pretty thrilling actually, felt like an obstacle course of sorts.

 

"Tanjiro-san... That was quite tough, right?" Smiling back, Kage sat down on a smooth flat rock, patting off some dirt from his pants.

 

"You're amazing! How did you make it through so nimbly! And with no injuries!" Tanjiro patted himself to, clouds of dirt filling the air. It really was pretty impressive to Tanjiro. After all, he had to use his keen sense of smell, and with that, it was still pretty hard to get through the trial.

 

"Eh…. I have pretty good reflexes. You did really good too!" Kage scratched his head sheepishly, stretching a bit as his sore muscles groaned.

 

The two chatted for a moment before Urokodaki arrived before them, his tengu mask staring straight into their faces.

 

"Congratulations. Both of you, Kazuto Kage and Kamado Tanjiro have passed the trial and are now illegible to be my disciples!" He spoke gruffly, beckoning for them to follow.

 

"Huh?" Kage spoke with uncertainty. Did Urokodaki just speak correctly? Wasn't he just like a bystander?

 

"Oh yes…. I forgot…. Apologies, I was quite caught up in the moment, and neglected….." Urokodaki blinked, nodding to Kage.

 

"But can I?" Kage asked, as he picked a random leaf off of his hair.

 

"Hmm…? Why would you want to?" Replied Urokodaki, who was somewhat confused by the abrupt response.

 

"Well...." Kage sighed, wondering what to say after this…..

3