Chapter 16 (Grand Dinner Party Showdown)
8 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As Riya Realizes That She has planned the dinner party today. She gets even more anxious about today somehow then she gets the courage to face everybody and takes a nice cold shower and prepares herself within 15 minutes to face Raj after Last Night Events she comes out of her room and sees Siya's on the dining table drinking hot coffee and scrolling through her smartphone and Siya's Mom is in Kitchen While There's No Sign of Raj whatsoever. She walks upfront and controls her emotions and manages up to walk casually and said “Hi Siya! Good Morning” Siya gets startled but Replies Back instantly “Good Morning Riya” Then Riya Takes A Comfortable Seating in The Dining Table. And Her Beautiful Eyes Scans for Raj In the whole house but she doesn't see him. Siya Notices This and Asked “Riya Everything Alright? Do You Need Anything?” Riya Then Replies “Oh No I'm Good! I just don't see Raj Anywhere Where is He? Then Siya Replied “Oh Raj? He Went Out Earlier, He Said He has been out for whole night staying longer would be no good My mom even asked him least to eat the breakfast then leave but he left in a hurry just like an hour ago.” Riya Replies “Oh” then she thinks in her mind (“Did He leave earlier because of what happened? Yesterday? Or something else? This makes her sad and happy at the same time sad about that because of her awkward behaviour last night that she left like this in a moment and happy that she didn't have to face him today! Just then She Realized She Has A Surprise Dinner Party”) She then Said to Siya and Siya's Mom “I think I also should get going i have some very important work to complete too” Then she gets up from the table but Siya and Siya's Mom stops her and Siya's Mom Said “Least Get Your Breakfast and Tea, Raj also left like this and now you're too this is not right you have to eat then go Riya Tried to get away but because of Siya and Siya's Mom so much insisting and requesting she couldn't go and got down for the breakfast, guess she was not as lucky as Raj at this moment who left earlier! But why did he leave earlier? What for?

LAST NIGHT

As Raj Got Back To His Room He Thinks in his mind (“I don't understand why would she run away? I was just saving her from falling down not like making a romantic moment or something he thinks”) but then he said to himself “She's a shy girl and I don't know how I would have reacted if the same thing would had happened to me if I was a girl like seriously I would also run way but he also thinks then Unless if it was Siya she would have just got up and said good night like nothing happened so there are exceptions he thinks and laughs about it” but somehow inside he also felt that moment when his eyes and her eyes met that moment he felt something that is unexplainable in words it was a feeling he knows that inside but he doesn't think that much about it because he had to save her no matter what at that moment and he did as well. Anyways after this He walks up to his bed then lays down but as he lays down he realizes he forgot to call his mother to tell her that he would be staying tonight at Siya's home for work and return back tomorrow morning, he then checked his phone near his bedside to call his mom but then he sees the time on the screen it was 2am and he also sees that there are no missed calls so then he thinks it’s better not to call at this time to disturb his parents who are sleeping and also he doesn't have any missed calls so they might not be worried much because before also many times he had stayed in the office till late night to work overtime to get some extra money and recognition in his office which kinda helped him to become one of the candidates in the promotion, So He Puts his phone back and slowly falls asleep.

THE PRESENT

Raj is going back home in a cab, he left earlier because he was out whole night and his dad never liked that he’s working overtime for the company he would often get angry over that he is compromising his sleep and making his body sick for the sake of a mere promotion which he can also get by working hard in the morning but what he didn't understand which raj did was that in today's modern world you have to overdue to fulfill people's expectations over anything unlike before when it was easier and people were way better then they are now with this fast paced life and technology and very tough competition to stay in the race. Almost 11am, Raj arrives outside his residential apartment then he paid the cab driver and got off the car and took the elevator and got off the elevator and rang the bell of his flat awaiting for someone to open, to his surprise his sister opened the door which is unlikely most of time her mom would open it as her sister is very lazy but anyway raj didn't think much and goes inside without seeing the look on his sister face which actually indicated something is wrong.

BACK IN SIYA's APARTMENT

After Having The Breakfast Riya prepared herself to get back home because today she had much to do and arrange for the surprise dinner party so she quickly booked a cab on her phone and went out and a few minutes later a cab arrives and she gets in and as she got in she gets a phone call on her phone, she looks on the screen and a name flashes it was her brother Ishan who was calling so she picks up the call and said “Hello?” her brother said from the other side “Hello Riya! As we planned I booked a reservation at a very nice restaurant in the city all is set but there's a small issue!” He said and Riya replied “What is the problem Ishan? Tell me!” Ishan then said “I mean everything is set and well but what are we going to say to them? Like you're coming for what? We cannot say we are taking you to a restaurant unless it won't be a surprise! anymore” he said and Riya replied “Yeah that's true let me think about this I call you back or I tell when I get back home! I'm actually in a cab I will be in there within 2hours I think and also which restaurant did you book for dinner today? It must be nice! Okay? She said while giggling a little” Ishan then said “oh nice you're coming? Alright I will tell you the name of restaurant when you get here and yes I also have a little surprise for you too! After all! You're finally getting a good job! My job is surely to give my sister A Nice Meal Treat” he said and Riya replied “Hey! No I said before that I'm giving this treat! You cannot take that away from me! And which restaurant is it? Tell me now!” But then as she said the call is hung up by her brother and she then looked on the screen in a shock and said to herself “uh Ishan!! I will see it to you! But she is also very excited too! She then did call Ishan 2 times again but Ishan did not pick up her phone so she then kept her phone aside and thought I will talk to him as I get home within a few hours.

BACK IN RAJ'S HOUSE

As Raj got inside he saw his dad sitting on the sofa with angry expression and his mother standing near the sofa then he said to his mother “Mom I'm very hungry can you please make something quickly? I'll go and freshen up until then” before his mother could reply his dad said in angry tone and said “Look Who's Back! The Prince of our family Mr Raj he said and continued to speak don't you think? You should have informed us last night? That you will come home late we were so tense we even called 20 times last night and you're so careless you didn't even give a message back or called us back again! What do you think of yourself?” He got up from the sofa in anger looking at Raj. Hearing this Raj gets shocked he didn't knew how to react or reply and he also thought that my phone didn't even ring once yesterday! So that's why he didn't call back but before he could say anything his dad started speaking again and said “Oh Raj I'm sick of you now like you're so careless how could you be? Don't you care about us! You should inform us least we waited till night for you but after sometime we realized that you were at work for sure so we then we slept you could have least informed us he said” Raj finally speaks and said “Dad i didn't got your calls there must have been some issues with the network or my phone” he then showed his phone to his dad and mom and he was right there was no missed calls at all and then he said “and the reason I didn't tell you is because I forgot about it because of my work and by the time I remembered it was already too late at night and I also saw that there were no missed calls from you so i thought everything is fine because I have done overtime before too! And I'm sorry but it not my fault he said” his dad got even more angry and said “what's the point? Of working hard? I mean who are you even working for only for yourself? like honestly I have made enough that me and your mom could live our old and happy life till the end without any issues and paid for yours and your sister education and all your needs but when I was earning I was earning for my family and who are you earning for? You are not even married!” He said these harsh words his mom told his dad to stop as he was going too far but looks like today his anger was over the sky no one is able to control it then Raj said in anger tone as well “Oh YES! I'm not married maybe I'm selfish also and yes I'm earning only for myself so what if I hadn't married i can live the life the way I want! And you told me you will find a suitable girl? For me Right? so go and find one and make me marry then! It is always this marriage marriage and marriage! I'm tired of this crap! All day you talk about this like always i come from a stressful day but there's no peace here, why can't we live like a normal family for once like before?”. The Argument is going to so intense but just then his sister pihu said “STOP! Both of You! Dad and Raj! What's wrong! Stop it please! Tears in her eyes and she continues to speak we are a normal family Raj! and dad please don't force raj you know how much he has done for us hasn't he! You are so proud of your son! When he graduated you were the most happy person i remember that moment and mom was too! Why is everything like this now! and Yes my brother is not married but he’s the person i known! Least till now! He ready for marriage he just needs to find the right one! He isn't wrong! he needs someone who understands him and loves him! he cannot just go and marry anyone! Will he be happy? You think? that's what you want? that my brother stays sad for rest of his life just because you forced him to marry? Just anyone she said” his dad In utter shock after hearing Raj and Pihu words he sits on the sofa again and the whole hall goes silent for a minute until his dad speaks up and said “I lost myself i just can't see you like this! tears in his eyes he then broke down and said you're working like so much! For what Raj! It breaks my heart everytime you know? When I see you coming late at night or doing overtime in your work just to get a mere promotion and some money and not seeing you happy because I know you're not inside! I want you to be happy! I just don't know how! I only think this as the way! You need someone My son! You do! Someone as Pihu said who understands you and loves you and supports you! Just like us! He said” tears coming out of his eyes then raj came closer and kept his hand onto his dad's shoulder and said “dad i understand and I have already told you just find a good girl for me! I will marry her i will! He said with eyes with tears too.” He then thought in his mind (“if this makes my family happy for once and all I will do anything to make them happy i will marry any girl now when they bring a proposal to me”) his dad then looked at Raj’s face with a overjoyed expression and said “Really Raj? Then he stood up and said I'm very happy and me your mom will arrange a good arranged marriage proposal for you very soon!” Then raj without saying anything else went inside his room! Pihu who was seeing all of this knew what was going on in his brother's head he just said yes to keep dad and mom happy. She then went to his brother room to talk to him, she opened the door and shut it slowly but raj knew even though he didn't look back that it was his sister he was sitting on his desk and said “Pihu not now please” but pihu said “Raj do you think I'm a fool? I know what you said there wasn't from your heart! but I also sometimes don't understand really why do you don't want marry! What's the problem” raj became angry and said “you think I don't want marry? I don't have my needs as a man? I don't like girls? Wrong! I want marry and I want to do everything but my first and my foremost goal is to become something, become successful first then marry, you know that too! Don't you?” He said looking into his sister's eyes. His sister understood everything but before she could say anything raj said “whatever makes them happy I'm going to do it now I'm just tired of this all day and seeing them like this also makes me very sad he thought that's why I'm going marry just anyone now” he said with sad face and few tears falling from his eyes then his sister came closer and said “brother i know everything it's alright you don't need take everything on you! This time I think they should give you some space but they are also not completely wrong they want see there young son get married before he's too old right? I know you will be successful one day! I know that too but maybe that will take 5-10years from now? Or some time so by then you will be old to marry someone this is right time and they are also right in a way and I'm on both sides supporting points from each side!” She said and Raj replied “I just don't know what should I do so i said what was needed to say at that moment I felt” then pihu said “oh let's forget everything this getting way too much for even me to handle let's just get out somewhere and have fun! Come on its been awhile you and me? And some of my friends then raj said “are you crazy? Me and your friends! Look at your age young sister like I be old one to be in your party with God knows what kind friends you got he said while smiling and making a face” then she replied “Raj they are not that bad too! And surely they won't mind! Trust me it be so much fun and you need it! You can't refuse your little sister you know that right?” She said, while Raj really didn't wanted to go but in his mind he knew he needed it after so much stress past sometime and all these family drama he needed a break so then he said “alright I'm coming so when's the party?” He asked and Pihu replied with excitement “Oh Great! And yes the party is tonight around 8:30 if I remember! I'm gonna text them to book extra seat now that you're coming! Don't worry it be fun trust me” she said and then raj thought in his mind for a moment (“God knows what kind of friends will she have and how I look in front of them but yeah I'll just enjoy myself so it be not that bad then he thought to himself”) and he also have faith in his sister that she arrange something good for him and he loved his little sister very much and she did too! No matter what happens Raj always supported pihu and takes good care of her like a big brother should and his sister also does the same! The love between them is amazing.

BACK IN RIYA'S APARTMENT

Riya rang the bell of her house as she already informed her brother last night that she will come in the morning because of work there was nothing wrong here and her perents supported her alot so her mother opened the door and riya got inside and her mother closed the door. She was looking for her brother but could not see him so she thought he'd be in his room so she got inside her room and kept things aside and then took a nice bath and came outside her room and her dad was not at home he was outside for some work and her mother is in the kitchen doing something so she then knocked on Ishan’s room and a voice came from inside “Come In” so she got inside and his brother was laying down on his bed and got up on the bed as she came in and he said “finally you're here! I got so much to show you and tell you” he said and Riya replied “finally! Tell me now what restaurant have you booked and you said about a surprise? What is it?” She said and Ishan then replied with excitement expression on his face “I have booked the Skyrise Hotel's famous restaurant the Jauba restaurant! For our epic dinner tonight” this made Riya shocked! It is one of the most luxurious hotel in the city and restaurant itself is one of it's kind in the city, the food there is just fantastic and so is the price. Riya then said “What?? How did you booked Skyrise hotel? I mean it's so expensive and isn't too expensive as well to book it? I mean we could have gone to somewhere else I'm not saying too cheap but least some medium enough you directly booked the best in the city do you know the prices of dishes there?” She said with happy yet shocking expression like she was happy to hear that her brother had booked the best restaurant in the city to treat our perents but at same time the prices where also too expensive and it was not like they could not afford it her family was Rich enough to go there have a meal once or twice in year but the thing was that she was treating all of them with her own money and this would be very expensive for her and she didn't wanted ask her dad and mom to pay! Then a reply came from Ishan “my sister stop stop you didn't listen to me completely and yes i have booked the Skyrise Hotel's famous restaurant Jauba but there is big anniversary of the restaurant going on they have a first time live unlimited all you can eat buffet over there so price are cheap enough to go and the food is same they serve this event will go on till 7days. You just have to book 4 tickets online to get entry and the ticket price includes the buffet itself+a life musical show which will happen tonight! The ticket is bit more expensive for that experience but it's a experience that we should get and I have already booked 4 tickets for us” as Riya heard this she is overjoyed and a huge smile came on her cute face and she said “Really? Really! You booked it already? And it is that cheap? I can't believe this Ishan! This is really a big surprise that you give me! A musical experience! That would be so much fun! I can't wait” as she said, Ishan said something “Wait it's not over i also thought how are we going take mom and dad to surprise dinner party” as Riya heard she said “How? Tell me.” Ishan replied “We Gonna Tell Them that there's a office party at a big restaurant by your company as they have gotten a new order or we could even say because of recent good profits the company made something like that? Then we could take them there and surprise both of them! What do you think?” Riya then replied “Yeah that's a great idea but i would say to mom and dad that there's a surprise for you two today from me and Ishan.” Ishan then replied “WHAT? Why this we could say the above thing also why even say the word surprise!.” But then she said “I mean we could say that but i think because of the musical event and the restaurant you have booked I think these words would work this would be the best suprise for both of them.” then Ishan said “As you wish! My sister! Let's do it! We have to get going soon! The Skyrise hotel is not that near and i don't wanna miss a single moment for that musical performance I'm sure it would be epic.” Riya then replied “Indeed it would be I can't wait too and Ishan thank you so much for doing this I mean even though I'm paying for this i could not never done this kind of arrangement that you have done thank so much!.” Ishan then said “Oh Come there's nothing like thank you in brother or sister and also I know you would also done the same restaurant and arrangements like I have done, I'm aware you're not that of internet girl but still you know alot and I'm sure you would have certainly would had found about this if you were arranging the hotel but i guess I'm best in that job like i have done before he said then and winked” Riya then said “Indeed You are! The best when it comes to booking venue's or finding a place to hangout or restaurant to eat in.”

BACK IN RAJ APARTMENT

Pihu Calls Her friends and tells them about raj joining as well. Raj thought least some of them will object him coming to the party as he’s much older then his sister but to his surprise nobody objected his coming to the party and they all are happily welcomed him and pihu hangs up the calls and said “Get ready brother we will have to leave soon within 30mins, We will be going to the grand Skyrise hotel for a dinner buffet and a live Musical performance.” Raj then replied “Okay that's perfect i will be ready within 15 minutes.” Raj knew and heard about the Skyrise hotel he knew that it is one of the most expensive and famous hotels of Mumbai he also knew that his family had money but not that much that they would go to 5stars hotel to eat often but he also knew that his sister had friends who are quite Rich and also when he heard the word buffet he thought to himself (“buffets would not be that expensive and even if it is expensive i will pay for it least for myself because I know my sister entry into the buffet will already be free.” So he is already prepared to pay for himself if required because he had enough money to go there and so does his family but they not as rich as Riya that they would go there often and spend there money for this they would rather save it more and spend it a bit more wisely unlike Riya's family who is a little better off then Raj's family interms of wealth because Riya's brother also makes a good amount of money and her dad ofcourse is quite rich.

(What Will Happen Next? In The Next Part of This Story Will Riya and Raj Face eachother? How will they both even face eachother? In A Grand Dinner Buffet Like Never Before and with it Some Big Secrets To Be Revealed (Find Out in The Next Chapter) 

(© 2021-2022 Mithilesh Nathany All Rights Reserved)

0