Chapter 1: Reborn at the Outlands: Kean
49 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

My name is Kaori Tsuchiya, I know it sounds weird but I am a man. I don't know what happened to my mother and my old man's mind when I was born.

I am just a typical common Japanese high school student that you'll see in the university hallway.I have lots of circle of friends, some are nerd and geek, some are badass gangster who do violent things.

I treat them all as an equal and I all respect them whole-heartedly. My closest friend on the nerd and geek side is Shizune.

She's the most intelligent student in the school. We're neighborhoods since I entered the High School. We always go to school together and people accusing me of threatening her because they can't believe how close we are to each other despite of the gender difference.

On the other hand, is Mitsuki. He's just a happy go lucky person. He has a attitude problem that even with a girl he won't act decently.

Despite of those bad traits, he is a trustworthy and reliable friend when you're struggling with something, of course, except academics.

(--During School Lunch--)

"Yo! Kaori, wanna go lunch together at the cafeteria", shouted by Shizune at the classroom door. She's a famous person so all man including woman have a threatening eyes stared at me.

I don't want to upset people around us so I quickly trying to figure an excuse to not go with her.

By a mere lucky day, Mitsuki suddenly showed up at the back door of classroom asking me to help him talk to his parents because he's going on the guidance counseling office for threatening a mathematics teacher to kill him and his children if he ever not pass him in the card.

So I came up with the reasoning to deny Shizu's invite. She then goes to the cafeteria with her friends instead and eat lunch with them.

Mitsuki give me his phone-call suddenly and I don't have any Idea what excuse should I made up so I just did a prompto-excuse, telling them that their son is just competitive in the school to the point that he even needs to threaten a teacher so that no one can take his ranking spot.

Luckily, his parents are out of town so I'll be the one permitted to be his guardian in the meantime on his scolding meeting at the guidance office.

*Sigh* "Oi, Mitsuki! did this again and I'll tell everything on your parents what exactly are you doing in the school" I said with a frustrated face and slightly angry tone.

Then Mitsuki replied with a laughing and teasing manner, "Ok, Ok, I promise this won't happen for the meantime." "for the meantime.", Should have see that coming from the one and only Mitsuki.

After we separate, I bought Curry with lots of rice paired with a drink in our cafeteria.

While I'm eating, someone suddenly cover my eyes with a soft palm of hand. I know from the moments of that touch, it's Shizu. I then I asked, "What do you want?" speaking with a down a cold-toned manner.

"Let's have a date tomorrow, Kaori!" she whispered shyly."

That's unexpected from her to reach out like that. Normally, she would be crazy trembling when she's speaking with that kind of topic.

Without a further do, I accepted her invite and our date is scheduled at night, 9:30PM, tomorrow during the lantern festival.

"School Ended for today. Have a nice and relaxing vacation everyone!" Said the class representative. Everyone pack their things up and started going home.

When I was walking in the hallway, Mitsuki and Shizune were waiting for me at the university fountain. With their smile and positive look on their faces.

Mitsuki called my name loudly saying "you're so slow, let's go home!" while Shizu's just cutely standing beside him with her two hands lifting her bag.

At the train station, Mitsuki say his goodbye to us because he's going for the other train. "See yeah then!" Shizu said in a polite manner.

Mitsuki then shouted, "Take care of shizu, my precious dumbass lucky shit friend!". I was in brief shocked, how did he find out that we're about to start dating. I blushes slightly and suddenly can't look shizu directly at her eyes.

We ride the train then finally say goodbye. "See you tomorrow, Kean-san." She said in a very calm way. Then. I just used the eyebrow lift plus smile reaction for my reply as I don't know how to speak to her because of that incident that occurred earlier at the train station.

(--Tomorrow Morning--)

*Alarm Ring!* I woke up from a pretty good night sleep then cleanse myself in a hot shower. I have a night shift later so I need to prepare some Incredible stuff for our first date to be satisfying and wonderful.

I go out for a walk and buy some stuffs such as roses and fancy papers to write a letter.

I know it's awkward to hear that a man is trying to do this kind of stuffs especially in this modern era. Where anything can be done through online with just a use of laptop or smartphone things will get done according to your will.

Right now, I don't even know what I am doing, I just feel like this is the right thing to do to make Shizu happy. "oh my shizu, my cutie shizu". I said awkwardly as I fantasized with her hugging me and telling me that she madly loves me.

4:00 PM, I prepared all the stuffs, needed for our first date.

Now, I'm going to my part time workplace because that old-bag will probably fire me if I still not go to work this time.

The truth is I don't get to work for 1 week already, not even contacting that old-bag because she won't probably believe me for anything I would tell.

Strangely, my chest suddenly feels tight and I feel that there's something wrong but I didn't pay much attention right now because I'm late.

I finished my shift already and it's now the time to go home and bathe. After I entered my house I rushed to bathe and then soak myself with soap and hot water.

My heart beats so fast, It's strange that I'm worked up for just a date. It's probably a common reaction from a virgin mind who doesn't experience any kind of dating from the past.

"Ok, I'll do my best!" is what inside my mind with a slightly nervous feeling. I tried all several styles of hair and try to vocal change with a more manly voice than usual to be more appealing, my voice is a little bit of high because I'm used to speak using throat.

As I walk throughout the night, Three tall men came at my front with a ferocious looks in their faces. I asked them who are they and what they need from me.

At first, I thought they were just or need to ask for direction because they looked like a countryside people. Then they suddenly punch my face, I took a direct hit then I tumbled on the ground.

With this weak body of mine, I don't think that I can win and fight against this three tall men, so I ask them what they want, what's their problem against me. Then one of the men whispered,

"Hisekai" in a cold and threatening manner. Then everything comes in my mind and I finally understand why is this happening.

(--Flashbacks--)

"Kaori, help me, I don't want to die yet, I'm afraid, I still have a lot of dreams that I wanted to pursue, I have a lot of things I still wanted to experience." Shizu said in a weak state.

Shizune had a hole inside his heart, it is needed to be closed immediately or else a death will be most likely to happen. Out of desperation, I called out for donations for all of my family, relatives, and friends to aid me on Shizu's operation.

Although Everyone willing donate their extra of their incomes, I realized that all of it wasn't enough  to cover the great expenses for the operation and other miscellaneous.

Luckily, one of my relatives has a connection to an underground organization known as Hisekai.

it's a group of mafia that's full of Illegal gambling and drug transactions.

That time, I took the offer and went to the underground with my relative, he helped me to talk to the loan shark.

Strangely, this loan shark let's people burrows a huge amount of money. I ask her to give me an amount to cover all my expenses with the help of my relative's charismatic words.

I, then sign the contract without hesitating and not reading carefully the terms and conditions on the paper. Right after the signing, I receive a black case with a Fifty millions of Yen in the box.

I desperately run and go to the hospital to pay all the pending and incoming expenses for shizu's hospital fees.

After a half of the year, Shizu returned to normal, having a positive and joyful actions afterwards.

I let her believe that her parents took all the trouble to deal with the money so that she won't feel indebted to me when time comes. I already talked to their parents for the alibi story to be told by shizu for what happened during her off-days.

After those sorrowful days, we began to see the light and hope again with our life living a positive mindset every single day.

(--Back to Present--)

According to the terms and condition of the contract, If I didn't get to pay the amount with the interest at the due date a life should be exchange, they'll dissect all organs in the person's body to sell it out and earn a profit to cover the burrowed money.

"Where's the payment, young boss? don't tell me you forget it already with that outfit and handsome fashion of you right now, It's unavoidable! you've got a good amount of cash to pay all your debts, right?" One of the men said with a teasing sound.

I became so nervous and don't have any Idea what to do, with this weak body, I won't stand up a chance even on one of them so it's best to make an excuse and find a way afterwards.

"Yeah, I've got it all. I'm ready to pay the debt anytime, how can I forget it? right?"

The truth is I never even think of it anymore after things have gotten pretty stable that time.

"That's a well done for you, young boss! now, where is it give it now, no more extensions!" "

Now, what should I do, should I make a run for it right now or just bring them to my house then call lock them at the door then run and make a call for police?

"Think carefully." Is what inside my mind. I decided to choose the 2nd option.

"Follow me, I'll ready it for you, guys.".

As they follow me, things starting to get pretty intense. One of the men starting to doubt my actions. Luckily, one of them is dumb and really trusts me so much.

"I feel bad for you, brother but I have no choice to betray that trust of you right now, that's the only way I can survive this situation."

now that we have reached my house, I let them in and make them stay at the living room in the most comfortable way.

"I did it! now the next thing to do is call the --"  a bad luck occurred upon me, a group of gangs is waiting outside my house, it's the sub branches of Hisekai.

Apparently, I'm the one with the largest amount of debt, that even the shark loan had a struggle to pay all of the money in their organization because of the missing money due to myself not paying the debt.

With an outstanding shocked, my body won't move and is trembling with fear knowing what awaits me is a gate to hell.

"I guess this how far I can get, damn it! I wish I could experience a kiss from shizu, even one time."

I wonder how it feels to be kissed by a girl you like.

"Damn, I'm truly sorry, shizu, I love you so much." with that inside of my mind my face looks down and horrible having an Idea what will happen after a minute by now.

Due to weakening knees and trembling hands, I have no choice but to make a run for it.

I don't know what to do, I feel like I'm having a deja vu. As I remember my desperate run at the past to save shizu, now I'm running to save my self from death, one wrong move then I'm dead.

I started running, then everyone notices me, I jump from the backyard then make a run to the town.

Since my home is at an isolated place where only me and shizu's house are existing, I have no choice to run until I reached the town.

As I make a desperate breakthrough, I was finally cornered by the organization.

My tears started to fell, as they were about to kill me. Then the one of the tall men comes in front of me with a sympathetic look in his face.

"I know well that you don't have any money in your hands, but I still trust you. I trust the man who save my daughter from the verge of death."

"I have no right, to question you about everything. I wanted to save you and get off of everything right now but that's not possible for a mere guard like me."

*Sigh* "So Instead, I'll do you a favor. I'll hear your one final wish as a payment for saving my daughter, I know it's not enough but please bear with it."

I'm so afraid to the point that I unconsciously tell that man to give the flowers and letter to Shizu.

"I love your daughter so much but I guess this is the end, please tell her to be well."

I handed the stuffs to Shizu's father and began to closed my eyes.

After that, a loud gunshot suddenly came up hitting my chest, shoulders, abdomen, neck by sequence. I quickly lost consciousness and then started to accept that this is the end.

I died with tears in my eyes and my dead body were leave at the front of Shizu's house with lots of bloods spreading at the ground.

"Huh? why I can still think? what's happening? why my body moves on its own? Oh I guess it's my soul grand entrance to the promised land."

As my soul gets lifted up I began to see the the gate but out of nowhere my soul were pulled off again below.

I panicked, things suddenly become confusing. I can see all of my memories in this elevating tube.

It's strange how I can remember all things and think clearly even I have no life at all.

"What's happening to me?" I wonder.

I fell asleep all of the sudden because of exhausting feeling, It was like I was forced to sleep to not see what's happening in my surroundings.

As I open my eyes and began to wake up, I found myself still crying.

I saw three person in front of me with an unfamiliar faces. I don't think that they're Japanese, I can't understand their accent.

Is this U.S? U.K? Russia? they look so western but where am I? What? I can't speak? I began to see things and adapt at what's happening right now.

"I guess I'm a mere baby again."

I was reborn and this people are my parents, probably.

I wonder what I look like making the baby face looks awkward that seriously thinking like an adult.

The two couple laughed together as they see their son having its first reaction to his surroundings.

"he's so cute, right? I wonder what he will be when he grew up. I wanted him to be great sorcerer with him inheriting my lineage magic, he's surely to become an excellent sorcerer!"

"No way! he will be a great sabre just like his dad, right? Kean? he'll eventually acquire all my greatness because he's none other than my son! he'll become the finest sabre in Foreskai and will inherit the title of the great spirit sabre!" Reign said in a proud and excited manner.

As the time goes through my new life, they continued fighting what will be my future in this world.

Speaking of world, I don't think this is earth, my former planet has no magic or something like sabre things. I wonder if I can wield a damn sword coated with a magic. Things becomes pretty interesting in my life since then and I'm looking forward to grow up to test my skills and talents.

(--Six years later--)

I began to understand things in things world, I learned how to write and read context though there are some still letters that I don't understand.

Surprisingly, this world has more than 50 thousand letters to study and it takes fifteen years at fastest and twenty years at average to be able to read every all words that are listed in the books and some other things.

*Elizabeth's Shouting*

"Kean! dear!' it's already lunch time come at the desk now, don't make the food wait."

By a mere coincidence, there's also an earthly manners applied to this world. There's a proper etiquette and courtesy especially if you're from the family of nobles.

Luckily, I am just a son of an exiled noble so It's not a big deal if I'll be naughty sometimes.

After the lunch at the table, I quickly go upstairs then read the spell books. In just a matter of time, I'll be able to determine my magic affiliation. I hope my magic is cool and pretty rare! I'm done being pathetic on earth I wish that in this life I'm something that look up upon of.

"I heard that my mom affiliation is light spirit magic while my dad is curse demon magic. So if light plus dark what will it be, I wonder?" as curiosity gets ahead of me, I started to get impatient. I started to buy a magic spell book in a wizard's shop namely "Boua".

I started casting my mana in the book. the book appearance are drastically changing form.

My book become color Red at the edges, Green at the letters, Yellow at the pages, and a black cover displaying a name of "Minima".

Amazing! probably, I honestly have no Idea if it's cool or not. But the book itself has a pretty amazing appearance so I think I'm an exceptional child.

I laughed so hard to the point that I sound like a devil. I excitingly show the book to my mom, she tear a lot and feel so proud about me. Apparently, six years old age achieving a four types of magic affiliation is more than exceptional.

Although, I can see true her face that she's slightly afraid of what awaits me. I didn't pay it an attention since that's who I am. Unless, it will have to do something in my life or the people I care about.

After the news of my book reached to my old man, he became so worried and after that, he was so protective over me when I'm going outside to play or practice.

Kean! go home when sky gets dark, understood? my father shouted with an obviously fake smile. I know how worried you are, but sorry I'm not a kid inside. Well physically, yes but never mind.

I started practicing Intermediate spells.

Currently there are 5 levels of spells in a Sorcerer's Class. Beginner's Magic, Intermediate Magic, Divine/Demon Magic, Spirit Magic, True Magic.

As of now my mana can only reach the level of Intermediate magic but I know I'll reach the third tier by no time if I kept practicing daily and have a bit of determination.

At the age of eight, I finally entered the magic academy, and strangely, professors and seniors are quite have an eye on me. Some are calling me the Spirit Sabre that will lead the world to a peaceful kingdom where no monster can touch the kingdom because I am invisible and untouchable when I my magic matured.

On the other hand, Some people called me Demon Sabre that will bring the world to its destruction because of a dominating magic nesting inside me.

I accepted it fully knowing people fears what they don't know and have no knowledge of.

But it can't be denied that they all like and respected me, they are quite astonished from what I achieve with my young age and the dominant power resting at my body.

There's a girl with a purple hair and a light brown eye, Yumi. "she's truly what you call a world's beauty class. But she's still no matched for my beloved shizu".

She's a complete opposite of shizu. She's a boyish and tough acting woman but I know she has her softs spots too, I can't wait to find it out.

Right now, I don't find any people to socialize but I know as the days goes by, people will start confronting me and will want to be my friend.

*laughs*

"Kaori, no, kaori is dead and I'm kean now, huahua! don't get cocky you little son of a bit-- great and amazing nobles." Saying to myself with a humor manner.

After studying at the academy for two years, I reached the age of ten I gained a lot of popularity gain a lot of circle of friends and earned a lot of achievement making a quite interesting history in the magic academy.

*shouting noise hears* "kean! let's practice magic together out the mountain side. I'll show you my new ice magic spell and tell me your thoughts about it."

"Alright! Let's go, Just a moment, wait for me at the Cherry Blossom trees, I'll meet you there."

She is Roseweisse, she's a woman with a man fighting spirit. She's a tough opponent, on the magic ranking she's the third most powerful sorcerer in the academy, of course! I'm only second since I still have a weak physical body as of now.

She's a typical slightly violent woman. Not violent in terms of who loves hurting others but hurting others subconsciously. She's also a show off person but in terms of physical abilities she's weaker and inferior to others.

Her mana can reach a basic divine magic making her one of the person that has most potential in the magic academy. She has a silverish blue hair, with a slightly loli height but strong enough to cast a tier B+ magic.

As I go walk to the place where we'll meet up I noticed some changes in the mana environment.

Mana are scattered from all the places of Foreskai, each region especially the elven kingdoms has a huge amount of mana. It's like an wind that carries oxygen, you can't see it but you can feel it! you will feel that something is really happening.

"Roseweisse! Sorry to keep you waiting! I find something interesting in the forest, look at these, here, look--" *Roseweisse suddenly suddenly strike me at the head.*

"You bastard! how dare you make a girl wait that long you stupid kean!"

"Ouch! I'm sorry, okay? I just really find something incredible look at this shining stone. It has a unique patters that resembles the star. What do you thin--"

*Roseweisse again suddenly kicks me at the abdomen*

"What the heck was that for!?" I asked angrily with an upset sound.

Then, Roseweisse start to become sad then cried loudly like she was being treated harshly.

"Sorry, Kean!" Said loudly while crying.

"Alright, Okay I understand so just don't cry, okay?!"

I accidentally shout it loudly making it sounds like I'm still mad. In result, Rosseweisse cried more and again strike my head and kick my abdomen one after another, again.

Then I got suddenly unconscious for the meantime, when I woke up I saw myself laying at the lap of her, as she cares my hair in a shyly way. I can see her face blushing.

I assumed this bastard cares for me even in the slightest. I thought I'm just a punching bag for her when she's mad and upset.

The day continues, we fight and spar together, trained and enhancing our magic abilities till dusk.

"Goodbye, Kean! let's continue our training when we both have our free time, for now let's focus on the academic exams. I heard it'll be harder than the last time."

When she's about to make pose about striking me again, I quickly make a defensive stance.

I thought she'll strike me but in the end, she kissed me at the forehead out of nowhere then quickly shake his hand with a smile for goodbye.

Leaving no words behind. The wind became strong and cold, and I also decided to go home.

-END OF THE CHAPTER 1-

 

If there's a grammatical error, please let me know. If you have any suggestion about my story, feel free to comment it. If this chapter captured your heart, support me by clicking the thumbs up button. Additionally, to help the author reach it's targeted audience, share it to your friends and family!

You can also support by donating even cents, any writing materials or knowledge about how can I improve my writing. Readers' support is what makes the writer motivated. Thank you very much and have a great day!

 

3