Arc 3: Chapter 15: Star Brawl
162 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As the still bandaged agent Coulson stormed into Maria's farm with military reinforcements, he sees Merlin who was quietly smoking while leaning against the fence.

The afterglow of the sunset shone on him, along with the cigar smoke, it gave Merlin a carefree atmosphere.

But when Coulson got closer, he notices that Merlin was not in that good of a condition.

There were bloodstains on the corner of his lips, he saw also coughing periodically as if he was wounded.

Under him, was an unconscious guy in a terrible posture.

Yon Rogg.

He did not die, the Kree had excellent physical abilities, more so of a Kree noble like him.

Pure bloodline means a stronger physical body.

Even after being struck by the berserker baton, it only gave his right arm a comminuted fracture, he was unconscious and wounded, but he was still alive.

Merlin still grasped onto his rationality, Carol had reminded him of how much the Kree Empire values noble bloodline, if he killed a Kree noble on Earth, then it may cause war to break out between both sides regardless of how the Mar-Vell incident ends.

Plus, keeping him as a prisoner comes with benefits.

"Sir, are you alright?"

Coulson looks at Merlin and asks in a low tone:

"Do you need a medical team?"

"No."

Merlin looks back at the soldiers searching the farm and tells Coulson:

"There's a blown-up alien spaceship 1 kilometer away under the hill, get them to contain it. Then, you must deliver this Kree to New York yourself, tell Officer Pierce that this guy is of nobility, a Kree noble commander, he'll know what to do with him."

"Mmm, I'll do that now!"

Coulson may be a rookie right now, but his executive ability was strong. He called for a few soldiers and cuffed Yon Rogg with specially designed handcuffs, then wrapped chains around his hands for a few more times before lifting him to the nearby chopper.

After doing all this, Coulson returns to Merlin with his communicator and says:

"Officer Pierce just asked of Officer Fury's whereabouts, how should I reply?"

"Just tell him Fury's on a mission."

Merlin extinguishes the cigar and looks up to the sky, saying:

"I don't know the exact details either, I'm waiting for their summon."

"Summon?"

Coulson raises his head in confusion and follows Merlin's gaze at the sky, but there was nothing. On it was only a few risen stars.

"Yes, summon."

Merlin moves his fingers and explains to Coulson:

"I gave them some things that they can use when they get in trouble..."

"Swish"

Before Merlin could finish, an odd item appears in the air in front of him and Coulson.

It was a burnt glove, hovering in the air in front of them, it pointed to the sky and extended its fingers towards Merlin like there was an invisible hand controlling it.

It was like asking for his handshake.

"This, this is?"

Coulson widens his eyes and looks at Merlin, clearly, this was his first time seeing this supernatural event.

Merlin, on the other hand, lets out a sigh and tells Coulson:

"This is the summon...seems like they're in trouble."

"Report to Officer Pierce and tell him to prepare for the worst."

Merlin instructs Coulson so, he then takes out a black suitcase from his spatial pocket while grabbing the glove with his other hand.

Then, Merlin feels as if an invisible hook behind his navel had pulled him forward sharply.

It was a terrible feeling.

No wonder the magic book had warned that although Portkey was just simple magic, it was not for wizards who are unprepared.

And to Coulson who watched from the side, when Officer Merlin grabbed that odd glove, his feet levitated off the ground like he was about to fly.

Then, a vortex door appears in the air, the glove then pulls Merlin into that vortex and disappears.

This scene stunned Coulson for 5 whole seconds.

A confused voice resounds from the rookie agent's throat, he instinctively reaches out and stirs the air in front of him, though there was nothing there.

This made Coulson realize that his officer Merlin indeed had some strange abilities as rumors say.

Albeit Officer Fury had told him that the lives of agents are very spectacular...

But now, as Coulson stood in the midnight winds of Louisiana, he looked around in a daze as the wind blew on his hair.

At this very moment, isn't the agent life he had just started way too spectacular?

But Merlin did not think that this magic was cool, he felt like he was caught in a gale, and he couldn't see anything in front of him.

There were only the multi-colored lights appearing from around him like he had entered some kind of bizarre world.

The glove grabbed onto his hand like a magnet, and like a running horse carriage, it dragged him upwards in this odd environment.

This space gave off a weird feeling, it was like a tunnel made of light, Merlin felt as though his entire body had been stretched indefinitely, bringing him intense pain both mentally and physically.

It was until when Merlin wanted to let out a scream, did his stretched body return to normal.

The black glove in his hand crumbles into pieces like it'd completed its duty and dissipates. Then, Merlin is thrown out of the very un-scientific magic tunnel.

He rolls his body through the air and lands on the ground with both feet.

He was still mentally dizzy, but when he raised his head, he saw Fury looking at him with widened eyes.

His expression was like it was saying...

Mo********er, where did you pop out of?

Of course, Fury in reality didn't make such an expression, Fury with his hands bound abruptly pounds onto the floor once he saw Merlin appear.

Merlin also takes notice of the odd cabin-like environment along with the Kree soldiers who're carrying odd weapons.

His sudden appearance surprises the Kree soldiers.

Merlin's reaction was quicker than theirs, as the soldiers aimed their weapons at Merlin, he immediately transforms into black fog and dissipates throughout the cabin

The Kree soldiers immediately fired the laser guns in their hands, but it had no effect against Merlin aside from making Merlin feel the heat.

As the black fog spread out, it dimmed out the lights in the cabin.

Maria Rambeau, who was tied up with Fury, could hear the painful screams of the Kree soldiers, and as time went on, the frequency of lasers fired began to slow, and a minute later, the last Kree soldier is knocked out by Merlin's heavy punch.

Merlin's figure reappears in the cabin, he shakes his head and eliminates what little dizziness he had left from using Portkey, he then uses the signet hung on the Kree's necks to unlock Fury and Maria from the strange energy handcuffs.

"Take a weapon!"

Merlin opens his suitcase and hands a carbine rifle to both Fury and Maria, he then examines his surroundings, it was clearly not a warship from Earth, blue lights were flickering everywhere, making it look like something from a spaceship.

"We found a cubic energy core and the Light-Speed engine Mar-Vell had left. But then the Kree suddenly stormed out, Natasha and Barton took the energy core and fled, the Kree commanders are hunting for them!"

Fury takes the gun and turns off the safety, he tells Merlin:

"We tried to fight back, but those bastards set up an ambush beforehand, Talos and his followers have been imprisoned."

"Where's Carol?"

Merlin spreads out his dark senses and signals enemies around the corner, then he asks in a low tone:

"How come Carol isn't with you guys? Has that light cannon firing blondie been caught?"

"The Kree bastards left a backhand."

The former pilot lieutenant Maria, who held the carbine rifle in a standard posture, replies in a low tone:

"Carol wanted to protect us, but she was knocked out by those bastards using a strange device before she could fight. She's been taken, but she should still be somewhere on this warship."

"Mmm."

Merlin frowns, but it was to be expected.

Carol was taken to Hala to be reformed 6 years ago. She was trained as a war machine, but she had her own thoughts; if the Kree weren't stupid, they would leave a backhand in case she went out of control.

"Bang, Bang, Bang, Bang"

Merlin stormed around the corner first, followed by Fury and Maria, and after Merlin transformed into fog and enshrouded the Kree soldiers, Fury and Maria immediately pulled the triggers.

The heated bullets caused massive damage in such a short-range, the Kree soldiers may be stronger and tougher than Earthlings, their blue skin did not save them from the firing of military rifles.

The Kree's blood had a stinging smell, the blue blood flowing on the corridor seemed to be rather odd.

Merlin presses his finger against the cabin wall and uses the transmission of the metal to form a general map of his surroundings, he looks at Fury and Maria, saying:

"The Skrulls are at the end of this hallway, 4 Kree soldiers are guarding them. There are energy waves even farther away, I suspect it to either be where Carol is being held or where Barton and Natasha were fighting."

"I'll go look for my companions now, they need help."

"Go, Merlin. We'll free the Skrulls, they'll help too."

Fury takes his stolen sunglasses from one of the Kree corpses as Merlin asks back:

"Are the Skrulls trustworthy? If they're not, it's better to leave them in that prison."

"Relax, Talos is trustworthy."

Fury puts on his sunglasses and tells Merlin:

"Talos lied to us, he isn't here just to look for the Light-Speed engine Mar-Vell left, he's also here to look for his wife and son. So as long as he's still rational, he'll help us for the sake of his threatened family members..."

"Fine! You guys be careful."

Merlin did not continue and hands the few grenades left on him to Fury and Maria; he then transforms into black fog and travels through the cabin quickly.

Soon, Merlin followed the tremors of the energy blast to the cargo hold below the ship.

He could see Barton and Natasha being surrounded by multiple Kree warriors, and the uniform they wore were the same as the one Yon Rogg wore.

"Starforce..."

Merlin squints his eyes, he recalls the strange forcefield generator used by Yon Rogg, and these guys had the same device on their arms.

This gravity-controlling device was wicked, if they all use them at the same time, Merlin would be in trouble even with the berserker baton.

So he had to do this smartly!

Merlin's figure quietly disappears in the air, he slowly crept towards the guys attacking Barton and Natasha following the shadows.

"Hand over the Tesseract!"

A rough-looking, bearded Kree warrior who looked like a berserker roared at agent Natasha with her twin guns, he wore a metal device similar to boxing gloves on his fists, and each of his punches would destroy everything it comes in contact with.

There was a tyrannical glow in his eyes, compared to his 3-meter height, the small agent Natasha was as fragile as a doll.

She would probably be blown to pieces if those gloves land a hit on her.

But Black Widow did not fear this malicious brute, she extends her fingers with contempt and hooked them at the brute with multiple arrows stuck on his back.

Under her were several corpses of Kree soldiers, some bloodstains looked like it was made by a blade on their necks these were caused by some unconventional weapons Natasha used in combat.

"Roar!"

The rough warrior could not stand provocations from the female Earthling, so he speeds up and rams towards Black Widow in front of him; just as the fist he threw out got close, Natasha turns around, runs up the wall, and lands on the brute's neck like a mantis.

Her slender legs sandwiched the brute's neck, she spreads out her hands, and a metal string identical to the one she gifted to Merlin appears in her hands, she uses the string to tie around the brute's neck and pulls forcefully.

Blue blood begins to ooze out of the brute's neck, causing him to let out a painful roar.

And on top of Natasha, agent Barton was holding a sharp katana while battling a Kree warrior with a strange energy blade in close combat.

The Kree had superior physical fitness and strength than Earthlings, so Barton had a hard time fighting back.

But he used technique to cover the lack of strength, and like a hunting snake, the katana blade he wielded left several bleeding cuts on the Kree's armor.

 The most elite agents under Fury's wing did not fear the Kree elites in one-on-one combat.

The problem was that the Kree had a numbers advantage.

On the other side of the cargo hold, the last Kree warrior did not join the fight, instead, he held an energy rifle and hid in the shadows, aiming at Natasha who was on the brute's neck.

Maybe soon, this cunning bastard would pull the trigger and lock-onto victory.

"Farewell, Earth monkeys!"

Bloodlust flashes on his blue face, but as he was about to pull the trigger, an expressionless Merlin appears from the darkness behind him, and a light slashes at the throat of the ambushing Kree.

"Puh"

Blood.

Warmblood...

Blooms like an orchid.

 

7