Arc 3: Chapter 18: Breakdown! Breakdown!
148 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 Bright flames surround Carol, blue and red glows radiate across her skin.

This was her new form after she absorbed the energy from the Light-Speed Engine after she destroyed it 6 years ago.

Powerful, dazzling, yet hard to control.

 On Hala, to control Carol and prevent the power from destroying Carol, the Supreme Intelligence placed a Photon Inhibitor on Carol.

Whenever Carol's energy reaches the threshold, the inhibitor would activate to suppress her ever-growing energy.

 So not even carol herself knew what level her powers would reach when she unleashes them all.

 But even so, when facing the expert walking out of the star door, Carol still felt a hint of fear and tremble.

 She saw the Kree's Supreme Intelligence being decimated by the expert in an absolutely petty way.

 The sky, the earth, the sea; all were being scorched in the flames of self-destruction.

 This meant that the source of the Supreme Intelligence was breaking down, the spiritual pillar of the Kree Civilization was collapsing.

 Carol could easily understand how much of a catastrophe this would be to the Kree. The role played by the Supreme Intelligence in Kree Civilization was very important after all.

"Girl, keep this a secret, and I'll free you from your chains."

The expert was uncaring about the collapsing world around him, he looks at Carol and tells her:

"I help you, you help me."

It was a friendly, but also unrefusable tone.

"Why?"

Carol clenches her fists and looked at the expert in front of her warily, she was not stupid enough to ask him of his name, as it may infuriate him.

Carol asks:

"Why hide? Merlin's right, there is a secret behind him, and that secret is you?"

"Not just me."

The man turns back and glances at the breaking down world around him, under his watch, the world's self-destruction stops as if time had been frozen.

The flickering lights, the spreading glow, the cracking earth as well as the whirlpools in the sea, have all been imprisoned by the frozen time.

 He tells Carol:

"If you cannot transcend, then you cannot handle the truth."

"Carol, all you need to know is that this was an accident, an accident beyond my expectations; to ensure that my expectations follow through, I must come here to clean up the mess."

"Accident?'

Carol contemplates the word, she then looks at the expert:

"So, in your original expectations, he shouldn't be experiencing all this?"

"What I mean is, in my original expectations, you...should not have appeared!"

The expert glances at Carol and says:

"This is just a tiny error, there is no Carol Danvers in my world, nor was there a story about you."

"So I didn't realize that your experiences here would implicate the Supreme Intelligence, the scum who dares to do anything. The pressure he placed on Merlin's soul almost caused him to 'awaken' beforehand, this was bad."

"What I mean is, he will awaken eventually and know about all the secrets behind this, just not now."

The expert raises his head and looks at the breaking down the sky, he says:

"Without experiencing true darkness, without understanding the cruelty of reality, without the stacks of so many factors, no one can predict the choices he'll make after his early awakening."

"Oh yes, you can call me Cyber."

The expert Cyber looks back at Carol and says:

"You must keep this all a secret, with your strength, you shouldn't have appeared in this part of the story...you're an 'accident', so I have to rule out your interference to Merlin's life."

"What are you going to do?"

Carol takes a step back, she looks at Cyber:

"Kill me? Then erase all traces of my existence? You can do so, right?"

"Nonono."

Cyber says softly:

"Doing so to a lady is very discourteous. And erasing you here would let the Watcher notice the change in the timeline...if I'm caught cheating, it would develop into a very awkward situation."

"I'm just asking for you to leave."

"Leave Earth and return after a dozen so years, at that time, Merlin's strength would be at its peak, and the hidden powers of this world would pretty much have surfaced. Your return then would not cause any unexpected ripples."

As he spoke, Cyber extends his hand and reaches for Carol. The latter tries to dodge, but Cyber says softly:

"Don't move."

 

"Pa"

A delicate photon inhibitor that was inserted into Carol's body was 'plucked' out.

Carol only felt a faint sense of pain.

It stands to reason that it's not supposed to be so simple. The direct removal of the Photon Inhibitor planted personally by the Supreme Intelligence would have severe consequences, such as Carol's death.

"Such a crude thing."

Cyber looks at the item held by his fingers with disdain, he lightly presses his fingers and the metal inhibitor becomes a clump of dissipating ash.

"Alright, Carol Danvers, you're free now."

Cyber takes a step back, and Carol regains control of her body.

The unbound energy on her erupts like a raging fire, raising Carol's energy levels to an absolutely destructive level almost instantly 

The expert Cyber looks at this and nods with satisfaction, he then says with slight awe:

"It allowed you to enter the level of Skyfather, even nearing the level of Universal, fascinating! Speaking of which, if we had someone like you back in my world, then our fight with those bastards wouldn't have been so hard..."

"Alright, what's to be said is said and what's to be done is done."

Cyber turns around and prepares to leave, he shakes his head as if bidding farewell and says:

"Remember to keep your word, you probably don't want to see me get angry?"

"Another question, Cyber!"

Carol shouts behind him:

"The Kree won't give up so easily after you've destroyed the Supreme Intelligence! With their disposition, they'll most likely send their armadas to seek revenge on Earth; with Earth's level of civilization, I won't be able to stop their revenge even if I give it my all!"

"Hah?"

The expert Cyber turns back and looks at Carol with a meaningful smile, he says:

"You sure?"

"Are you sure that a random fleet sent by the Kree can destroy Earth?"

"You underestimate your home planet."

"Don't think too much, Carol. Let me put it to you like this..."

"Unless the Kree are prepared to drag their entire civilization down with them and pour everything in on a suicide attack, otherwise, what you're worried about would not happen...even if the Earth is destroyed, I'll make you a new one...so give it your all."

"What about Merlin?"

Carol shouts:

"Have you been manipulating his fate?"

"Manipulating? No, never!"

The expert walks in front of the star door and looks around, he pulls it open and says in a deep tone:

"This is Merlin's story, we're just onlookers, who sometimes...sometimes make the story more spectacular. But this is still his story."

He seemed to not want to answer any more of carol's questions, as the star door closed, the expert made an unlucky expression and said to himself:

"Tyrion you lucky guy."

"Drawing out a story like this in random! I had to spend the back door I left so difficultly on an insignificant character like the Supreme Intelligence."

"Sigh, what a worthless trade!"

"Bam"

The star door closes as Carol saw the expert off, she raised her head, and the frozen space is restored and the Supreme Intelligence's spiritual world begins to break down more crazily.

The sky and the earth break down as the sea boils, world-ending flame begins to burn to bring everything down to hell.

"Time to go."

Carol clenches her fist, the blue-red energy on her body form burning energy that breaks apart the enclosed crystal wall, she then walks out and exits the breaking-down world.

Carol returns to reality, she opens her eyes and burning energy flame in her eyes and the golden energy threshing around her begins to melt the steel walls around her.

She retracts her energy in a hurried state and her long blonde hair which floated in the golden energy returns to her shoulders.

She looks down and sees the unconscious Merlin lying on the ground. Carol lets out a smile, she lowers her body and holds Merlin in her arms, she then exits the cabin.

 "Oh Merlin, you've got quite the backing."


On the other side, at the end of the galaxy, in the mysterious place.

"You cheated!"

Death stared at Overlord from across the gambling table, he says calmly:

"This is not how the story should end!"

"Look at what you're saying, Tyrion."

Cyber plays the cigar in his hand and says softly:

"Fate has no fixed direction. Perhaps Miss Carol suddenly made a breakthrough due to some unknown reason and decimated that scum Supreme Intelligence, this isn't impossible. Why do you say that I cheated? You can't speak nonsense without evidence!"

"Merlin's conscious was fast approaching here just now..."

Death says:

"Everyone in here could sense it, but he suddenly disappeared. You stopped his 'awakening'! I was one step away from victory just now!"

"That's right, Merlin is still immature, he hasn't experienced true darkness, he has yet to see the cold truth of that world."

"He has not truly grown, his thinking is still immature, like a little hero who's fresh on the streets."

Cyber straightens his body and says:

"Once he knows the truth, the immature him may very likely make the choice you expect him to make...indeed, you were one step away from victory just now. But the story has just begun, are you willing to let it end so hastily?"

"Hold your horses, Mr. Death, we still got a long time till the end of this gamble, let's play slowly."

Facing Cyber's speech, a smile appears on Death's indifferent expression as he says:

"Alright, the story has indeed just begun."

"But you started cheating, you broke the rules, so I'm making my move."

"Up to you."

Cyber leans back on his seat and shrugs:

"As long as you're not caught cheating, do as you please."

"The Kree fleet is mobilized!"

As the two's quarrel comes to an end, an exclamation resounds from the auditorium:

"Look! They mobilized a fleet! Wow, now we'll have a good show!"

As of now, all the sights are directed to the other side of the Milky Way, then the experts in the auditorium become noisy:

"Start the gamble! Start the gamble! I bet that the fleet won't even land a scratch on Earth, I bet 30 star diamonds!"

"I follow! I bet that they'll be destroyed on-orbit!"

"Hey! Have some faith in the Kree alright? That garbage Ronan is the one leading! I bet 100 Flerken eggs that the Kree will at least land a dozen or so missiles on Earth before getting destroyed!"

"Huhu, how ignorant! I bet that the Kree will decimate at least a city before getting destroyed!"

"How uninteresting would that be? Here's something exciting! I bet their fleet would be devoured by a passing-by Galactus!"

"The Asgards will eliminate them outside the Solar System! I bet 20 ownerless multiverse planets!"

"Grandmaster! What are you waiting for? Get over here!"


On Hala, the panicking Kree were unaware that someone was making a gambling game of them.

Right now, on the Kree home planet, the mechanical tower representing the existence of the Supreme Intelligence was burning.

The building which represented the spiritual pillar of the Kree civilization was like it'd been destroyed by an invisible hand, it made an overwhelmed clacking sound as it burned.

"The Supreme Intelligence's cogitation is collapsing! We're losing him!"

"Activate the backup program! Hurry!"

"60% of his data has already collapsed! It's too quick...it's too late to activate it!"

"Activate the ultimate defense module! Isolate the source of impact! Do your best to salvage the data! Where's the source of the impact? Tell me!"

"On the orbit of planet C-53! A force has recoiled into the Supreme Intelligence's cogitation core from the node there like a horrible virus, something must've happened there! Something terrible!"

"Call the nearest fleet to that planet! For the survival of the Supreme Intelligence, destroy that node! At all cost!"

"Ronan! Ronan! Do you hear? This is the Supreme Military! I authorize you with the highest war authority under the war council! Destroy planet c-53 as fast as you can! Do you hear me? Destroy it! Hurry!"

On a battlefield hundreds of thousands of light-years away from Earth, the Kree warlord who was encircling and suppressing the Skrull fleet, the frantic Ronan the Accuser receives news from Hala.

A violent light flashes in the eyes of the blue Kree noble wearing armor and wielding a war hammer, he raises his war hammer, and a silent order is instantly transferred to every warship of this powerful armada.

"Buzz"

The starship armada who was encircling and suppressing the remnants of the Skrull fleet forcibly leaves the battlefield.

Among the stars, the warp engines of dozens of warships are activated, and one after the other, hexagon wormhole grids radiate the entire system.

Those odd Kree warships shaped like black monsters with spread wings jump into the wormholes one by one, and after a few minutes of continuous jumping, they appeared in the space right outside of Earth in an all-encompassing-gesture.

"Pa"

In Mar-Vell's lab, Fury drops the sunglasses in his hand, the sights of everyone else, including the Skrulls, are attracted by a scene.

"They're here! Ronan's armada!"

Carol stands on the bridge's lookout as she saw the Kree warships appear one by one.

Anxiousness flashes on the blondie's face, she raises her fist, and golden-red energy flickers on it as she says:

"War has begun..."

8