Arc 4: Chapter 24: Welcome Ceremony
129 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"How's your travel? Sir."

In the parking lot of the airport, Coulson in his uniform and sunglasses says so to Merlin while helping the children put their luggage into the car trunk.

"I was curious why you wanted me to drive a nanny van here, so it's because of all the children. Are they your friends? Sir."

"Sort of."

Merlin places the two owl cages on top of the luggage in the car trunk, he then picks up the ugly cat Crookshanks who was rubbing against his leg, he says to Coulson while stroking its fur:

"How's your work with Melinda lately?"

"It's fine, pretty much the same as before."

Coulson gives the car keys to Merlin and lowers his voice:

"Lately, the uptown vampires have been very active, me and Melinda were looking into it and Director Fury sent Constantine to assist us; but that guy, sigh, I can't find the words."

"What's he done this time?"

Merlin asked, to which Coulson replied with an odd expression:

"He went to recon, and he brought back two indecent female vampires, fooling around in our safe house. Me and Melinda were forced to change to a different safe house."

"Hell!"

Merlin curses, he tells Coulson:

"You guys hold on for a few more days, I'll deal with this after a week."

"Mmm."

Coulson nods, he turns and heads to his car, he waves at Merlin:

"Then, have a nice vacation, sir, I'll be off now."

"Say hello to Melinda for me, also, catch this!"

Merlin throws a small packet at Coulson, the latter opens the packet and finds two sunglasses in it.

He looked at Merlin with confusion, but the latter had started the blue nanny van and drove out of the parking lot in the children's cheers.

Coulson sits in his beloved car Lola, he takes out the sunglasses in the packet and inspects it, he notices a small trademark on the leg of the sunglasses.

"Fox Magic Supply Store, sincerely at your service."

"Note that to any serious consequences caused by the magic items sold by our store, the store reserves the right of final interpretation."

Speaking of which, it was just a small trademark that couldn't possibly fit so many words, yet these words appeared in Coulson's mind as he saw the trademark.

This confused Coulson, it also made him curious.

He puts on the sunglasses, at first it felt like an ordinary pair of sunglasses, but as he turned around, he was terrified to see a headless phantom sitting on the passenger seat next to him.

"Pa"

Coulson was not a rookie anymore, over the past few months, he had personally captured many supernatural villains, even killed multiple irregulars.

He instinctively takes out his gun that's loaded with holy silver bullets, aims it at the headless phantom next to him, and shouts sternly:

"Get away from Lola, you monster!"

The headless phantom seems to sense the threat coming from the pistol in Coulson's hand, it then quickly flees out of Coulson's car. Coulson wears the sunglasses and quickly drives out of the parking lot, yet what he saw along the way was frightening.

Hell, there were wandering phantoms in the parking lot, and a few juvenile shadow demons hiding in the shadows; what he saw made Coulson tense up as he had ventured too deeply into the reality of the world, he practically sped out of the parking lot and was relieved as he arrived under the bright sun.

Phil takes off the sunglasses, looks at the sunglasses, and breathes heavily.

"So this is the world in the eyes of the strong?"

"This is too exciting."


"Merlin, Merlin, how could you give the psychic sunglasses to a normal human?"

Hermione on the passenger's seat looks at the driving Merlin and says with concern:

"They shouldn't see those otherworldly creatures, since those creatures can also see them if they can see the creatures. It's too dangerous for normal people."

"Relax, kid,"

Merlin tells Hermione:

"Coulson's my subordinate,  he and another agent are responsible for handling the supernatural occurrences around New York. They're both outstanding agents, and they'll have to know about and see those things eventually; it's quite nice to let them be prepared beforehand."

"Wow! Look there! "Muggle's sports car! And girls!"

In the back seat of the nanny van, Ron with a large last-generation shirt sticks his face against the window and looks at the bustling streets outside.

Next to Merlin's nanny van, a red Ferrari speeds past them, on it were some cool-dressed beauties that made Ron's eyes go wide.

As a descendant of a pure-blood wizard family, Ron had lived in the muggle world before. But truly living in it is very different from just a glance.

"Oh, that looks like someone unpleasant."

Merlin glances at the Ferrari in front of him and notices the familiar license plate; that should be the playboy Tony Stark who's taking his girls out for a ride.

The world can be so small sometimes.

Merlin pouts his mouth, turns the steering wheel, and drives in another direction.

He did not wish to deal with a troublesome person like Tony, that guy has been trying to find out the truth of his parent's car crash in 1991; Miss Carter had made it clear not for Merlin to tell Tony the truth.

The young man was too unsteady, yet he had a lot of resources at his disposal; once he knows the truth, he'll cause a lot of trouble.

"Speaking of which, Ron, are you not going to introduce me to this little beauty?"

Merlin looks at Ron who sat next to Harry while looking out the window, next to them was a little girl Merlin had not met before.

She had fire-red hair just like Ron, blue eyes that were similar to Mr. Arthur's, so this young girl must be Ron's sister.

Ginny Weasley.

Supposedly the only girl in the last few generations of the Weasley family, she's treasured deeply by Madam Molly.

"Oh, she's Ginny."

Ron looks back and catches the chewing gum Merlin threw over, he puts the chewing gum into his mouth while telling Merlin:

"She's my sister, a 4th-year young wizard immediately after enrolment. Also, she always likes to play with Harry, I don't know why."

"Ron!"

The quiet young girl shouts with a reddened face after her brother blurts out what was on her mind.

And Harry who sat between the two was made awkward by his friend's open mouth.

Merlin looks at the young one's ragging and becomes relaxed, he drives to his house in Hell's Kitchen while exhorting the 4 young wizards:

"I've informed my sister and my foster child, they'll hold a small welcoming ceremony for you. But they're all normal people, so you should know what to do, right?"

"Understood!"

Ron waves his hand and says:

"We have to perfectly disguise ourselves as muggles, and before with left, my mom and dad kept haggling so at my ear. We even exchanged some USD from the wizarding bank."

As he spoke, he looks at Harry's new clothes, envy flashes in Ron's eyes as he looks down at his old clothes and says:

"Maybe before we go to your house, Merlin, I have to get some new clothes, the one I'm wearing is Bill's old clothes.

Merlin glances at Ron's clothing and shakes his head:

"Indeed, that's a style from last decade, you should get a change in clothes. How about this, I'll bring you to the supermarket first, but keep your wands and don't bring any magic item that could cause a ruckus, don't chant for spells when you're in trouble, call for me, and I'll handle it, okay?"

"No problem!"

Ron replies confidently.

The children all promised, but 15 minutes later, in a supermarket in Hell's Kitchen, Merlin looked at the broken TV Wall with a headache.

Next to him, the quiet little beauty lowers her head with embarrassment and explains:

"It was playing some vulgar things, so I accidentally..."

"It's alright, it's alright, child."

Merlin consoles the worried little beauty, he takes out a tack of money from his wallet and hands it to the angry store owner; the latter's expression softens as he sees the money, but he still complains:

"It's just a model show, your sister overreacted like a weirdo."

"Hey, watch your mouth!"

Merlin extends a finger and points at the store owner rudely, saying:

"Don't play those things if you know that children would come! Do you really want the cops to come to handle this? You can't hide those 'little things' you're hiding under the counter, do you want me to call the cops to invite you for dinner at the station?"

The store owner immediately chickens out, mumbles to himself, and prepares to leave. But then he's stopped by Merlin:

"Wait."

"What now? Hell, I already apologized!"

The store owner turns and glares at Merlin, he then sees him take out a few dollar notes and places them on the counter, Merlin pats on the timid Ginny and tells the store owner:

"Get me 4 phones, and phone cards; also, get me two game consoles, and the newest game disk. Do you sell comics here?"


Under Merlin's guide, the children who had finished shopping returned to the nanny van while carrying their bought goods.

Ron and Ginny both changed into new clothes, Hermione's parents were Muggle so Hermione had no issue conversing with ordinary people.

In the nanny van, Merlin hands the children the phones he had bought and tells them:

"I already saved my number in there, give me a call should anything happen. Hermione, you teach them how to use their phones, okay?"

"No problem."

Hermione shrugs, she had become the leader of this 4-player group after arriving in the muggle world.

"Alright, we'll go home now."

Merlin restarts the nanny van and returns to his house a dozen minutes later.

The children held onto their pet cages while Hermione held onto the sleepy Crookshanks, they followed Merlin into his house while dragging their luggage.

And as Merlin opened the door, accompanied by the sound of confetti, colorful confetti fell from above, which surprised the children.

"Welcome to Merlin's house!"

Cousin May spread her arms and shouted at the children exaggeratedly, behind her, Ben and Erik were holding flowers on the left and right, seemingly welcoming their guests from afar.

On the table was a large cake supposedly customized for their guests; there were also snacks, drinks, and game consoles connected to the TV.

Even the lazy orange cat Goose was forced to wear a clown hat and was dressed up funnily.

"Let me introduce them."

Merlin hugs his cousin, he then points to the children behind him and tells May:

"This is Hermione, this is Potter, this is Ron and Ginny. They're all children of my colleagues' that came from London, they'll stay in New York for about a week while also traveling New York.

Merlin then looks at the children and introduces to them:

"This is my sister, you can call her May. This is her husband Ben, you can call him Uncle Ben, or just Ben. That kid is Erik, he's sort of my younger brother, he's the same age as you are, so you can go ask him should you have any needs these few days."

"Yo, look at these two young beauties."

May liked children, that's without a doubt; she extends her hands and holds Hermione and Ginny's shoulders, telling Merlin:

"Just like tiny angels, you should've introduced them to me earlier. Come, children, come on in."

May enthusiastically invites the children into the room, while Ben and Merlin carry the children's luggage up the stairs.

The house Fury had rented for Merlin was large enough, there were plenty of leftover rooms back when Merlin and Erik were living here; now that four children had come over, there were enough rooms for all of them.

And the ugly cat Crookshanks that was most familiar with Merlin follows Merlin to the second floor, this smart cat soon notices the luxury cat nest that belonged to Goose on the balcony.

It meowed and rushed in, faster than Merlin could stop it.

But then, a sharp meow resounds from the hallway.

The orange cat Goose storms to the balcony with rage like yellow lightning, it then brawls with Crookshanks who attempted to occupy its nest.

Crookshanks was a sort of magical creature, it's usually the big-shot leading the group of cats near Hermione's place, but the problem was that as smart as it was, how could it be a match for a Flerken?

In a few seconds, Crookshanks was beaten silly by Goose.

Some of its fluffy furs were even torn down by the furious Goose. This poor ugly cat cowered to a corner and was scared trembling by the fierce Goose in front of it.

"Goose!"

Merlin stops Goose's act of violence on time, he carries the angry Goose in his arms, takes out some magic cat food he had bought, and pours it into its bowl, even adding two small dried fish to quell Goose's anger.

As for Crookshanks, that sly cat had already slipped away as it got the chance to.

It would seem that it won't come trouble Goose for the next 7 days.

 

 

 

7