Arc 4: Chapter 29: The Vile Umbridge
144 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Merlin's house was currently like a ghastly phantom zone.

Creatures like Dementors were much alike the legendary phantoms, they were not of physical form, and their outer shell was formed through magic power; thus allowing them to infiltrate the insides of a building without damaging the building itself.

Any form of blockade is meaningless to them.

In Merlin's living room, 5 children were gathered together.

The tip of Harry's wand was flashing a silver-white glow, and under his command, the stag-like Patronus ran around the air, forcing the approaching Dementors back.

This magic was a high-tier spell, it was called Expecto Patronum, supposedly it was especially researched by wizards hundreds of years ago to resist against weird creatures like Dementors.

It was obscure and hard to learn, and even if one had grasped the spell, they would need powerful mana to support the cast.

Normally, only senior wizards can grasp such a complex spell, but Harry was an exception, perhaps this child truly was the chosen one of the wizarding world; anyways, he learned this magic in an incident 2 years ago.

The Dementors feed off of the positive emotions of the living, yet they cannot stand such pure positive energy; in past encounters, the Dementors would quickly flee after Harry casts Expecto Patronum.

But tonight wasn't the case.

The Dementors were attacking the children in the living room in a relentless manner.

Ron and Hermione waved their wands and threw out spells to stop the Dementors while Ginny stood beside Erik, guiding Erik to shoot at where the Dementors are.

Erik was a normal human, and he couldn't see the Dementors; the gun in his hand, however, was loaded with holy silver bullets which could harm the monsters.

"There!"

Ginny points her finger in the air, and Erik immediately raises his hand and pulls the trigger.

A heated holy silver bullet flies into the air and tears a hole in the invisible monster, a wound appears on the Dementor, but it quickly heals as the cold power spread.

The Dementor in the air turned its direction, it then charged at the child below while howling.

In Ginny's screams, Harry abruptly turns his wand, the running silver stag then lowers its head and slams into the Dementor, knocking it down midair.

"Fu"

Harry panted heavily, his forehead was already soaked, but he still held his wand tightly.

Expecto Patronum had a heavy toll on a young wizard like him, he had become exhausted after injecting mana for dozens of minutes.

"Harry, you alright?"

Erik glances back at the panting Harry, the thin young man shakes his head stubbornly, he raises his wand once again and illuminates the surrounding darkness.

Everywhere the Dementors went, the light would be absorbed, and once the living room falls into darkness, it would mean that the children will put be in danger.

On the second floor, the kitten professor McGonagall transformed into looked at this scene worriedly; it was supposedly her duty to protect the children, but she was now trapped by Goose and could not return to human form, she couldn't even cast magic, and had to hide herself from being found out by the Dementors.

How very upsetting.

Most importantly, Professor McGonagall knew what pressure Expecto Patronum placed on Harry, and she desperately wanted to shift back into human form to join the fight.

"Meow!'

Professor McGonagall turns around and cries angrily at Goose, who was lying on the edge of the second floor while fiddling with its bone toy.

Goose raises its head and glances at Professor McGonagall, quickly losing interest afterward.

This bloody cat seemed to not mind these things, it flicked its tail and gently brushed away the pouncing Profesor McGonagall.

It seemed certain that the Dementors would not be able to harm the children.

It remembered clearly that Merli told it to only act when absolutely necessary.

Now, is far from necessary.

As Professor McGonagall is brushed away by Goose, Harry seems not able to maintain Expecto Patronum, the silver stag then dissipates from the air like a firework.

The Dementors grabbed this chance and howled while charging toward the ground, they sent the other children flying like a savage monster, and then it grasps Harry's beck and lifts him into the air.

The ugly monster moved the hole on its face near Harry, seemingly trying to absorb what little happiness Harry still had inside him.

"F*** off!"

And as Harry let out a painful howl, as Goose abruptly stood up and prepared to join the field, a furious roar resounds from outside the window.

As the glass shattered, threshing black fog stormed into the room; Merlin solidifies his upper torso in the fog, and sparks flicker on his fist as he smashes it into the Dementor's face.

"Bam"

The Dementor is sent flying by the fist while Merlin returned to the ground with Harry.

He passes Harry to Ginny and Hermione behind him, he then raises his head and looks at the four Dementors in the living room.

"You ugly m***********s!"

Merlin's figure then dissipates, threshing black fog quickly filled every corner of the house like a spread-out net.

As the young wizards cheered, Merlin enclosed the fog net, and like fish out of the water, the four Dementors are imprisoned within the spark-filled fog.

They let out ugly howls and attempted to break free of the binds of the black fog, they began to absorb Merlin's happiness from the fog like they were feasting.

Merlin felt the light around him slowly fading, like he was slowly falling into darkness.

He sensed that his emotions were getting more and more negative, a sudden despair enshrouded him, the hope and bravery in his heart quickly leaked, and emptiness began to fill his heart.

Even his soul seemed to start getting absorbed.

On the top floor of the hospital before, Merlin used his own way to bind a Dementor, but now he can't use the same way to hold 4 Dementors.

These things were unkillable.

At least, no one in the wizarding world now has found a way to permanently kill Dementors.

He has to figure out a way to eliminate the threat brought by these Dementors one and for all.

"Harry!"

Merlin's voice echoes in the room, he gathers the 4 Dementors with difficulty, forming a flashing black fog, and shouts at Harry:

"Use your Patronus...attack them!"

Harry was already exhausted, but he saw the opportunity Mr. Merlin had created for him; this brave young boy grits his teeth and stands up with Hermione's help, he takes a deep breath and says to the other children:

"Help me."

"Recollect your most happy times, hurry!"

The children knew of the dire situation, they closed their eyes and places their arms on Harry's shoulder; they quickly begin to recollect the happiest moments in their life, those memories seemed to give them strength to stand against the Dementors; the feat in their hearts was being dispelled, and that power seems to be transmitted to Harry.

He raises his head, lifts his wand, and softly shouts:

"Expecto Patronum!"

A sliver of silver spark flickers on the tip of Harry's wand, like a bolt of lightning that illuminates the darkness, it quickly forms into a silver flame.

The large stag which had dissipated awakens in the flames, it glances back at Harry and lets out a deep roar; it lowers its head, and like a rushing beast, it crashed towards Merlin's black fog prison.

"Bam"

The Patronus which had Harry's remaining mana crashed into Merlin's black fog, the imprisoned Dementors let out horrified screams, but they had nowhere to escape; in Merlin's fog binds, they could only gather all their strength and crash back into the pure positive mana.

"BOOM"

Following a loud bang, Harry's Patronus dissipates alongside the Dementors, the wounded Merlin could not maintain his black fog and fell from the air.

His mana originates from Trigon, which was also dark mana; the extremely pure energy from a Patronus could also harm him as it erupts.

But compared to the shattered Dementors, Merlin was in much better shape.

He rubs on his hurting chest and wipes off the blood from the corner of his mouth, he stands up and looks at the 4 gloomy stone-like objects on the ground.

The Dementors weren't killed, but as their form was shattered, they turned into these odd things, similar to the Dementor stone in Merlin's possession.

Merlin could even hear deep roaring coming from the gem-like transparent stone as he picked them up, they were the howlings of the Dementors.

And as Merlin's finger came in contact with the stones, Merlin could still sense that his remaining happiness was slowly being absorbed like he was still facing the Dementors.

"Demonic!"

Merlin takes out the sealing box from his magic pocket, he places the 5 stones in his hand into the box and closes it.

He looks back at the children, the lights in the living room begin to warm up, and the disaster seemed to have passed.

But then, the kitten which Professor McGonagall transformed into, that was observing the battlefield from the 2nd floor, lets out a miserable cry, seemingly warning them that the danger has yet to pass!

"Wooong"

A mana fluctuation made Merlin reach and pull Harry into his arms, helping him dodge the arm that appeared from the air.

It was Apparation!

Hell! Another wizard was hiding nearby!

"Ahh!"

Following young Ginny's scream, she and Erik were imprisoned on the spot by invisible mana. As Merlin watched, an odd-looking witch appears in Merlin's living room.

It looked to be an elderly lady, but she had an unkind and gloomy expression.

She wore pink-red clothes similar to the ones worn by young girls and a pink-red hat; her outfit did not fit her elderly appearance, making her look like an evil witch from the fairy tales.

She had a broad, flabby face, under that pink hat was a small black butterfly hair tie on her short curled hair.

She held a wand in her hand which pointed at Erik's neck like a sword.

The old hag looked at Merlin and Harry, along with Ron and Erik, with a spiteful gaze, she shouted in a sharp, young girl-like voice:

"Harry Potter! Hermione Granger! Ron Weasley! You three have violated the rules of the Ministry of Magic, not only using magic in front of muggles, even colluding with a demon walker!"

"You are to be thrown into Azkaban!'

"Who's she?"

Merlin ignored the disgusting and unbearably sharp tone of the old witch in front of him. He looks at Hermione and Ron, asking:

"Is she from the Ministry of Magic as well?"

"We don't know, we've never seen her before either."

Hermione nervously held onto her wand while looking at Erik and Ginny, who had been imprisoned by the old witch; the two children were silenced by some kind of spell and could not talk, but there was fear flashing in their eyes.

"Not gonna introduce yourself? Unwelcomed miss."

Merlin protects Harry behind him, takes out his wand, and takes a step forward. This attracts the scream of the witch:

"Stay away! Demon walker!"

She screams:

"Only in the savage lands of North America do thugs as you survive! You too should be thrown into Azkaban!"

Merlin stood still, he glanced at the ready-to-pounce Goose behind the old witch and eyes it to not attack for now.

He looks at the old witch and says:

"Who are you! Release the children!'

"I am the Deputy Minister of the British Ministry of Magic, Dolores Umbridge, you should call me Miss! You uncivilized savage!"

The old witch spoke arrogantly:

"I specially came all the way to this savage land to take away the four young wizards who've broken the rules; as for you, demon walker, you're free to live as long as you remain out of the jurisdiction of the British Ministry of Magic! So..."

"Stay out of this! Hand me the three young wizards...this muggle child."

Umbridge pokes at Erik's neck with the wand, a cunning smile flashes on her face as she tells Merlin:

"He's your family, isn't he? I won't harm him, so...do as I say!"

"Oh."

Merlin nods, he keeps his wand and says:

"For a big shot like you to come personally, this means...all the Aurors you've brought with you are all gone, you're without backup now, right?"

The expression of the witch opposite to Merlin changes slightly, but she's lost her last chance.

Merlin takes a step back and says softly:

"Goose..."

"Time for dinner!"

 

6