Arc 4: Chapter 34: Human Agents vs Dark Wizards
135 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"My head hurt once I got Fury's call. And I knew something was terribly wrong once I heard that it's related to you."

In a cleared room not far from the address that Tuck gave, Black Widow Natasha packed up her equipment while looking at Merlin beside her.

She brushes her wine red hair and complains to Merlin:

"When can you bring me some good luck, instead of bringing some disastrous trouble?"

"Really, Natasha."

Merlin unloads the silver bullet clip and glances at it, before putting it back into the sniper rifle. He turns and answers:

"I don't want to either. I also wish for me to have some good luck, but for now, that wish seems to be hard to realize."

"Who're they?"

Agent Barton, who was opposite to Natasha, glanced at the dozens of oddly-dressed men on the other side of the room; he turns to Merlin and asks:

"Looks like a group of special warriors?"

"Them?"

Merlin glances at the 15 summoned senior Aurors and says to Barton:

"A group of people with secrets. They're like me."

Merlin did not speak further, but for an excellent agent like Barton, he did not require Merlin to disclose all the secrets; he looked at the old-fashioned revolvers and long wooden boxes the Aurors were carrying on their waist and nodded in realization.

They should be a group of mysterious wizards.

They had a mysterious warrior temperament too.

"So, who're we dealing with this time?"

Natasha keeps two fast-firing pistols into the holsters on her waist, she then picks up a heavy sniper rifle from the equipment table in front of her; she looks at Merlin, who lowers his voice and replies:

"A group of dark wizards."

"Dark wizards?"

Surprise flashes on Natasha's pretty face, but there was not much fear, she says:

"Wizards after aliens? Mmm, the daily life of a SHIELD agent sure is fascinating."

"But, Merlin, you sure bullets work on them?"

Black Widow says:

"In legends, those wizards could call upon wind and rain and are all-capable."

"Bullets work on them, and they're lethal."

Merlin keeps his black colt in the holster, then picks up an assault rifle armed with a grenade launcher from the table, he tells Black Widow:

"Me and Clint just took care of 4 British wizards a few days ago, but that is under the circumstance that you cannot be discovered by them before you open fire, otherwise it'll be troublesome. I dared not let Fury send in newbies, as it's easy for them to get struck by those wizards' magic if they're inexperienced."

"Tell me more."

Natasha says:

"Just so I can be fully prepared."

"The point is, don't let them aim their wands at you."

Merlin says simply:

"If possible, take out their hands, or hit their head or heart."

"Be careful even if you knock off their wand."

Agent Barton who had fought with wizards before seemed to remember something unpleasant as he says with a cold face:

"Those guys can cast without their wands too, anyways, it's best to deal with them from afar. If close combat is necessary, you have to suppress them hard, as they're inexperienced in melee combat; as long as you take down their magic shield, they're no different from regular thugs."

"Gentlemen...and this miss."

 Crow's cold voice resounds behind the three agents, he says:

"You guys ready?"

"Kack"

Merlin turns off the insurance on his gun and tells Crow:

"We'll coordinate with you on this operation, Natasha and Clint will conduct sniping from outside the warehouse while I storm inside. What I want to know is how you plan on doing this?"

"Detection magic shows that there are 13 Death-Eaters and a large imprisoned creature, but they've set a ward, so we are unable to identify what that large creature is."

Crow says seriously:

"So we must be careful. I'll storm into the warehouse with a group of Aurors using Apparate to draw their attention, then Essinus will storm into the warehouse from another direction with the other Aurors."

"Once they've calmed the large creature, we can then commence our main assault. After we begin our attack, the wizards in our headquarters will lock down the space in the nearby streets, so the Death-Eaters can't escape through Apparate. This is the plan, any questions?"

"No questions."

Merlin shakes his head and says:

"But I'm not very familiar with Apparate, that's a high-class spell I have yet to grasp. So you'll have to bring me in with you."

"You use this!"

Crow raises his hand and takes off the black hand glove from his left hand, he tells Merlin:

"You should be familiar with this, right?"

"Door key."

Merlin looks at the hovering black hand glove and says with disdain:

"I hate this thing, it's got a terrible travel experience...forget it, I'll enter through my way."

"That'll also do."

Crow could not communicate well with others, he nods to Merlin, Barton, and Natasha before returning to his companions.

Merlin looks back at his prepared companions and says:

"You guys find a sniping position, shoot as soon as you see a wizard fly out, be it by broom or rug. Don't hesitate when battling wizards."

"You worry about yourself."

Natasha carries her heavy sniper rifle and walks to the stairs leading to the top floor, she says without looking back:

"When this is over, you have to treat me, got it? Or I won't come help next time, I mean it."

 Barton was more humane, he pats on Merlin's shoulder and says softly:

"Be careful."

"Relax."

Merlin smiles at Barton, he glances at the wizards beside him and says:

"If there's danger, I'll let them go first."

A few minutes later, the Auror crow stands up in his room and looks at the warehouse a few hundred meters away from the glass. It was currently the afternoon, the summer sunlight was shining brightly, but it was as if an invisible shadow was enshrouding the warehouse.

Crow takes out his wand and revolver, he then raises his wand as a signal.

As the wand lit up, the figures of him and the 8 senior Aurors behind him began to distort, and they disappeared from the spot using Apparate.

At the same time, in the dim warehouse, Merlin who had aerosolized was currently hiding in his shadow cloak while watching the quarreling Death-Eaters from above.

These dark wizards that terrified the normal wizards didn't have many characteristics that made them stand out.

They wore all kinds of odd clothing, from gloomy styles to silly ones, there were white men, black men, even a few Japanese-speaking men.

They were a bunch of mash-ups, and they seem to not have a clear leader.

Pretty much cannon fodder.

And the sickly bald wizard with the silver hand that was currently scolding them seemed to be the only senior member of the group.

"Take that hungry Horntail, listen, how hungry it is...hehehe, let it feast!"

"There's not much here, but there's more than enough foolish muggles!"

Merlin heard the silver hand wizard shout something before the American Aurors began their raid, seeing as 9 distorted glows appeared on different spots in the warehouse, Merlin knew that the raid Crow led had begun.

He no longer waited.

In his shadow cloak, Merlin manifests his upper body, takes out the assault rifle from his back, and aims it at the quarreling dark wizards below; as the Aurors appeared, he pulled the trigger on the grenade launcher equipped beneath the assault rifle.

"Boom"

A deep blow, and a black round grenade smashes onto the back of a very oddly dressed female wizard like a rock.

"Enemy attack!"

The silver hand bald wizard was the first to notice the danger.

Just before the grenade exploded, his figure quickly distorts as the other Death-Eaters attempt to dodge this attack in different ways in a panic.

"BOOM"

The grenade explodes and sends the nearest female wizard flying.

She let out a sharp scream, and though she did not die due to the protection of her magic shield, she crashed onto the ground in a bloody state, seemingly heavily wounded.

"Get them apart!"

The Auror Crow that appeared from Apparate waved his wand, a green Stupefy accurately lands on the dark wizard in front of him as he rapidly fires the revolver in his other hand.

Behind him, 8 senior Aurors began their attack on the Death-Eaters from different angles, cutting apart the battlefield in the warehouse.

"Dadadada"

The sound of a military rifle opening fire resounds from above the warehouse, several dark wizards who'd reacted quickly enough summoned their flight tools and stormed out of the warehouse under Merlin's gunfire,

But following an even deeper and more powerful heavy sniper rifle sound, an unfortunate black wizard crashes back in just as he flew out...

His body and the broken broom fell onto 4 separate spots pitifully.

As magic and bullets flew around, all sorts of magic spells filled the warehouse; red ones, blue ones, green ones, and all sorts of light glows flew around in the dim warehouse.

The Death-Eaters were true outlaws, and the Aurors wished not to back off. In just a short few minutes, there were casualties on both sides, of course, there were more casualties on the side of the suddenly attacked dark wizards.

"Bang"

Merlin in the air emptied his clip and shot down a Death-Eater that tried to escape on a rug using his grenade launcher.

The flame of the explosion burned the rug into literal nothingness.

The Death-Eater collapsed onto the ground, and before he could cast a spell, the black fog gathered around him abruptly bursts and sends the unfortunate bastard into the air; Merlin waves his fist and smashes it at the back of the Death-Eater, knocking him to the ground out cold.

"Release the horntail! Release it!"

The bald silver-hand wizard commanding the Death-Eaters knocked down two Aurors with his magic, and after seeing the Death-Eaters beginning to lose, he quickly turns around and shouts so as he ran towards the back of the warehouse that was enshrouded in shadows.

There, the slightly fat Auror Essinus was attempting to crack the shadow cage with a few Aurors.

"Bang"

Behind the running silver-hand wizard, a holy silver bullet shoots out from the muzzle and accurately shoots towards the back of his head. But like the guy had eyes on his back, and before the bullet hit him, his body quickly shrinks and he becomes a fat gray rat in the blink of an eye.

The only rat looks back and lets out a human-like expression of ridicule, it then pounces forward and disappears into the shadows.

"What's that? Transfiguration?"

Merlin saw this scene with surprise, this was his first time seeing a wizard changing form so quickly.

"It's Animagus!"

Crow appears next to Merlin and tells him:

"The ultimate forbidden transfiguration spell. Oh no, he's going to open the lock!"

The cold senior Auror was extremely nervous at this moment, his figure distorted as he rushed towards the other side of the warehouse, which was where the cage was at.

But as he finishes his Apparate, at the end of the warehouse, the shadow that enshrouded the ground slowly began to dissipate, revealing a superlarge creature before the battling wizards.

Following a deep yet horrifying growl, in front of Crow, an orange flame bursts toward him in an engulfing manner. It happened so quickly that the Auror who had just cast Apparate had no time to react.

He could only raise his arms and block them in front of him in instinct.

Soon, he would be engulfed by this heated burning flame.

"Swish"

Black fog storms across the land in front of the flames like a great tornado, carrying Crow, who was awaiting his death, into the air.

Merlin had saved this person he had met before, but he was unable to save the remaining people.

He could only levitate in the air while watching the pillar of flame engulf three Aurors who could not dodge in time.

In front of Merlin, a terrifying large creature was flapping its large wings in the shadow, the heated energy formed a tide of fire that desired to burn everything to ash.

It was a monster Merlin had not seen but knew.

It had a lizard-like body, a pair of yellow and fierce eyes, sharp claws, a bone spike-filled back, and a meteor hammer-like tail.

It was...

A dragon!

Those crazy Death-Eaters!

They actually shipped an adult dragon here!

This was Merlin's first time seeing a dragon, it was smaller than in the myths but far larger than any of the lizards commonly found on the Earth.

But now was not the time to be surprised.

"Merlin! Hell! Do you see that?"

Natasha's astonished voice resounds from the communicator:

"What is that? That's a dragon, right? What are you doing? Why'd you release a dragon?"

"I don't know!"

Merlin carries the also astonished Auror Crow as he looked at the ferocious fire dragon easily tearing through the roof of the warehouse while flapping its wings into the sky like the resurfacing of a myth.

This was a scene no one could've imagined, moments later, Merlin's figure dissipates into black smoke, and in the heated wind, he tells Natasha:

"Hurry, contact Fury, tell him..."

"We got a big problem."

7