Arc 4: Chapter 37: Becoming A Hero Pt. 1
148 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Meow"

In Merlin's home, a black and white kitten looks at Goose while letting out meows similar to pleading.

Goose, on the other hand, had a casual complexion, it played around with the bone Merlin had given it while ignoring the kitten's pleas.

"Meow"

Restlessness flashes in the kitten's eyes, it meows again, but Goose was unresponsive.

The kitten was so pissed off that it pounced at Goose, attempting to claw its face, but Goose easily throws it to the side with its tail.

"Meow Meow Meow!"

The kitten was out of options, it could only meow a few times in a low tone, seemingly negotiating with Goose.

Goose perks up its ears and listens, it then closes its eyes seemingly contemplating; moments later, the lazy orange cat meows out lazily, seemingly placing out a condition.

The kitten grits its teeth and glares at Goose, Goose also looks back at it with confidence.

Moments later, the discouraged small kitten lowers its head and meows.

"Meow"

It agreed to Goose's request.

Goose immediately comes into the spirit, it climbs out of its luxury nest, and like a victorious general, it walks around the kitten a few times before flapping its tail on the kitten.

As the purple energy flashed, the energy it left on the kitten was withdrawn.

Then, the kitten steps forward, its body quickly stretches and changes back into Professor McGonagall in her green robe and pointy wizard's hat.

This professor looked very messy as it's been a week since she's last cleaned herself.

She looked like a shabby old witch.

She took a few breaths in human form, she then looks around and presses her glasses; she looks Goose and sighed:

"Give me my wand back, you cat bastard!"

Goose bared its teeth at Professor McGonagall, seemingly dissatisfied with how Professor McGonagall had called it.

But it squats on the floor, and after a few stomach convulsions, a black wand covered with saliva is spat out.

It extends its paw, pushes the wand to Professor McGonagall, and meows.

"Urgh...disgusting."

Professor McGonagall raises her finger and levitates in the air, she glances at Goose and says:

"Relax, I'll keep my promise to you...Hogwarts' Forbidden Forest is suitable to hide in, it contains vast resources and a spatial ward, your babies will grow up healthily there."

"Meow"

Goose lets out a satisfied expression.

It stretches its body, and in a cat's arrogant expression, it ignores Professor McGonagall and casually returns to its nest.

Professor McGonagall holds the wand with a bad expression and walks into Merlin's bathroom, a dozen minutes later, Professor McGonagall with a new set of clothes and a cleaned wand walks out of Merlin's house; she glances to the north side of Hell's Kitchen, waves her wand, and disappears in Apparation.

On the other side, Merlin who had returned to Hell's Kitchen by helicopter gives the unconscious Crow he was carrying on his shoulder to someone familiar, the Auror Essinus; this senior Auror was also in a messy state, he'd been hit by the dragon while protecting his colleagues as they stormed into the warehouse.

His left arm was bandaged and tied to his beck.

Essinus sees the heavily wounded Crow and gives his thanks to Merlin, by his side, several Aurors were looking at the apartment at the end of the locked-down plaza.

The entire square had been locked down by SHIELD agents, a Boggart Banishing Spell had been cast by the Aurors to keep the curious citizens away.

Fury was here too.

Even in the middle of such hot weather, this guy was still wearing his eye-catching black coat, his bald head added with the eyepatch gave him a menacing look. Right now, he was standing in front of the plaza while observing the apartment using binoculars.

"Fury, how's the situation?"

Merlin asks.

"It's dire."

Fury puts down the binoculars and answers:

"Those dark wizards fled into this apartment under the wizards' hunt, they've also taken over 30 normal people hostage. He wants me to deliver him a boy named Harry Potter, otherwise, he'll begin killing people."

"Those wizards say that the dark wizards have set up some kind of bloody magic ward, anyone who tries to enter that building will be detected by those dark wizards, so we have no way to storm in. Has the dragon been dealt with?"

"Mmm, it's dead."

Merlin nods, he looks at the apartment with his second sight while telling Fury:

"Coulson and Melinda are handling the scene there right now."

"Merlin, Merlin!"

As Merlin conversed with Fury, a familiar voice resounds behind Merlin. He looks back and sees Harry and the other young wizards descend on a rug under the escort of several Aurors.

"What are you doing here?"

Merlin asks with a serious expression:

"You should be back to England!"

"I heard about what had happened here."

Harry raises his head and tells Merlin:

"Those Death-Eaters are using the lives of normal people to coerce you, they want me. I can't just sit idle while innocent lives die because of me, that's why I'm here."

"But we won't just hand you over like this!"

Fury looks down at the child with a scar on his forehead, he had heard of Harry's story from other wizards before, he tells Harry seriously:

"Mr. Potter, it's clear that you are our trump card in that Voldemort-related event. And trump cards are meant to be used in the last minute. You should leave here and let us handle this."

"I've made my decision!"

Harry Potter purses his lips, he looks at Merlin and Fury, saying:

"I didn't get to choose to become saviors before, I was forced to do so. But now, I want to do something, like the superheroes in those comics."

He looks at Merlin:

"If I can save 30 normal people yet choose not to do so, then I won't feel at ease even if we manage to defeat Voldemort in the end. As you said, Merlin, this isn't just Dumbledore and the Order of Phoenix's war, it's my war too."

"Plus, Merlin, you'll protect me, just like last time, right?"

Merlin looks into Harry's eyes, he glances back at Fury and says:

"No, I won't protect you."

He takes out his wand and tells the surprised Harry:

"I'll fight with you, Harry."

Harry lets out a serious expression and looks back at his friends, then he takes out his wand and taps it with Merlin's, like a ritual.

"Take this!"

Behind Merlin, Natasha throws the sniper rifle at Merlin, saying:

"This thing is highly penetrative and silent, it's perfect for assassination."

"Alright, leave it to me."

Merlin carries the energy sniper rifle onto his back, and before they depart, the senior Auror Essinus stuffs a small bottle of amber-colored ointment into Merlin's hand; the fat Auror pats on Merlin's shoulder and says in a low tone:

"Hamaya Ointment, smear it on your weapon and it'll easily cut through Protego. Good luck, my friend."

"Shwa"

As he approached the apartment, Merlin's figure abruptly disappears, in his shadow cloak, he tells Harry:

"Head straight to the top floor, drag that silver hand Death-Eater as long as you can, I'll deal with the others. Buy for time, Harry...safety first."

"Mmm!"

Harry nods nervously, this was his first time actively battling Death-Eaters.

But he was not afraid, as he knows that he was not fighting alone.

Harry walks into the elevator while Merlin climbs up the wall in his black fog, his utilization of his shadow cloak was skillful, the dark surroundings allowed him to evade the dark wizard's detection spells.

"Don't cry! Hell! Don't cry!"

In a room on the 13th floor, an irritated black wizard holds a wand and was torturing someone Merlin had seen before with Crucio.

Jack Murdock!

The boxer who had a child with a nun.

Jack was imprisoned on the wall by invisible mana while withstanding the black wizard's ever-strengthening Crucio, his complexion was pale and blood was flowing from his nose; his young son, the now 4-years-old Matt Murdock, squats in the corner while crying in terror.

"Don't...harm my son...if anything, come at me!"

Jack grits his teeth and tells the irritated black wizard:

"You want money? Or something else, take whatever you want from the house, don't harm my child, I beg you."

"What do you know! Foolish muggles!"

The black dark wizard shouts:

"When Voldemort conquers Death, we will send all you filthy muggles to..."

"Puu"

A sharp blade flashes behind the black wizard, the black combat knife smeared with Hamaya ointment easily cuts through the dark wizard's Protego; the sharp blade then stabs into his back along his spine.

Merlin with his mask and cold expression covered the wizard's mouth with his right hand to keep him from chanting; after a few seconds of struggling, this arrogant dark wizard collapses in Merlin's arms.

In his eyes were remnants of shock and longing for life, but in this lethal assassination, he was no stronger than the muggles he despises.

"Shhh"

Merlin makes a shush gesture at the limped Matt in the corner, he glances at the weak Jack and gestures for them to leave.

He throws the dark wizard's corpse to the side, takes the sniper rifle from his back, and leaps into the darkness once more.

Through the dark senses of his second sight, Merlin could sense every bit of movement occurring in the apartment, he was like a phantom wandering around the 17th floor.

"Shoo"

A lethal blue beam shoots out from the darkness, breaking the Protego of a chanting dark wizard. The wizard flicks his wrist and was about to cast his spell, but as the black fog threshed, Merlin appeared on top of him like a phantom and ruthlessly stabs the combat knife in his hand into his temple.

He flings the blood off his knife and heads towards the next target without looking at the corpse.

In assassination, mana and magic weren't as useful as his knife and shadow.

And on the top floor, Harry with his wand was engaging in his own battle.

Truthfully, it was just cat and mouse playing hide and seek.

"Harry! Harry...come out! Stop hiding like a rat!"

The Death-Eater with a silver hand, bald hair, and pale face repeatedly cast dangerous spells at where Harry was hiding, he screams in the messy room:

"Welcome your fate! Voldemort needs you!"

"Peter! You disgusting traitor!"

Peter points his wand on his neck, and his voice resounds on the other side of the room:

"You betrayed my parents' trust in you, they treated you like their best friend! You betrayed them!"

"Ha! Avada Kedavra!"

The dark wizard named Peter turns around and waves his wand in the direction of the voice, a terrifying green glow smashes at the shadow behind him, disintegrating a bed and its nearby walls.

And then, Harry abruptly stands up behind Peter; Harry waves his wand and casts a Reducto at Peter.

"BANG"

"Bam"

The burst open mana slammed into Peter's back like a heavy fist, sending him flying in the air and falling to the ground messily.

But Peter did not become the leader of these Death-Eaters by bluffing.

He falls to the ground, flicks his wrist, and sends a blue fire at Harry, Harry pounces outward and dodges the blue flame, the flame landed on the wall and instantly lit it up; as the fire burned, Harry ran to the other side of the room in a mess.

As Harry prepares to counterattack, he realizes that Peter's wand had already been pointed at him.

Harry felt suffocated and terrified by the green glow intertwining on the tip of that wand...

It was like Death was waving at him.

 

6