Arc 5: Chapter 4: The Ever-fiercer Wizarding War
131 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"This elf is lucky, the dagger nearly penetrated its heart."

In the living room of Merlin's house, odd light red blood stained the medical gloves worn by Merlin. He wore a facemask and looked to be like a professional; the three young wizards surrounded him and raised their wands, casting Lumos to sustain enough light source for Merlin.

The wandmaker Ollivander held many medical tools and acted as Merlin's assistant.

He held tweezers in his hand and spoke while helping the unconscious Dobby sew its wound.

His hand was steady, just like a true surgeon; after experiencing so much, Merlin had a truly big heart and did not panic in the face of his first surgery.

In fact, under his second sight and dark senses, Merlin could practically finish sewing the wound with his eyes closed.

"More luckily, elves have a similar body structure to humans, only with smaller organs."

Merlin looks at Harry beside him and says softly:

"Don't worry, child, the elf will live. It's lost a bit too much blood and there may be aftereffects, I know not too well about elves so it's best to leave the continuing treatment to a professional; it is a magical creature, after all, I don't know if muggle medicine can work on it."

He soon finishes sewing the elf's light grayish wound, a ferocious scar then appears on the thin elf's chest.

He's been cast with Stupefy to keep him from being irritated from the pain, but from its calm breathing, it would seem that the most dangerous time has passed for this elf. 

"Dang"

Merlin lets out a breath, he throws the bloody tweezers and suture needle on the plate beside him, he then grabs a cotton ball and helps the elf wipe its blood before throwing it into the bin.

He waves his hand and opens the windows to let the odd smell in the room fade.

"Alright, now you should tell me what exactly is going on."

Merlin turns around and looks at the children and Master Ollivander on the sofa, he asks in a low tone:

"Why did you appear in my living room all the way across the Atlantic Ocean? And why are you in such a messy state, even Hermione was wounded...didn't you tell me in the letter that everything was going well? Didn't the Order of the Phoenix protect you?"

Merlin asked a string of questions, he then observes the faces of Harry, Ron, Hermione, Master Ollivander, and the white-haired girl whom he was unfamiliar with.

A few seconds later, the elderly Master Ollivander takes a sip of water, looks at Merlin, and says:

"Everything's terrible, Mr. Merlin."

"Voldemort has taken the upper hand, every day, the number of Death-Eaters increase as wizards willing to fight against him decrease. He's like a tyrant, reshaping the wizarding world as he wills it...I'm not clear how Mr. Potter and his friends were caught, but he captured me in order to find a weapon powerful enough to kill Mr. Potter."

Merlin nods, he knows of the terrible situation of the current British wizarding world from his conversation with Bill and Fleur, Master Ollivander's words support this statement.

He turns his gaze to the children, he watched while Hermione looked at Harry with worry as the latter held his head with his hands with a face of frustration.

"It's Horcruxes, Merlin."

Harry looked at the sleeping house-elf Dobby with sad eyes and says softly:

"When it happened, me, Ron, and Hermione were searching for the mystery man's Horcruxes; Dumbledore told me that Voldemort used some mysterious way to split his soul into 7 parts, each hidden in a separate Horcrux, so unless we find and destroy all the Horcruxes, Voldemort will never truly die."

"We've been doing well, and perhaps fate had destined it, we found and destroyed several Horcruxes a few years back; up until now, we've destroyed 4, and only 3 remain."

He looks at Merlin and says:

"We were ambushed while we were looking for the other Horcruxes, we were captured into Voldemort's headquarters where Hermione was tortured by them, then Dobby came to rescue us, but it nearly died."

"Too many have died."

Harry says with despair:

"Dumbledore, Mr. Moody, the other members of the Order of the Phoenix, we're being pushed back, we don't even know whom to trust. We could only have Dobby send us here to you."

"Oh, is that house-elf so impressive?"

Merlin looks at the sleeping house-elf Dobby on the table and says:

"He so accurately landed an Apparation across the Atlantic Ocean?"

"Dobby's a house-elf, Merlin."

Hermione covers the wound on her arm while explaining to Merlin:

"House-elves are born with high magic altitude, for wizards, they need to learn Apparate. But for house-elves, they're talent magic, something they're born to be able to do."

"Oh, is that so?"

Merlin nods, he looks at the desperate Harry and the other children before contemplating briefly, he then says:

"I heard that Voldemort and his Death-Eaters invaded the British Ministry of Magic?"

"Yes."

Ron says fearfully:

"They even killed the Minister of the Ministry of Magic, that organization is now Voldemort's puppet, everyone knows that, but no one dares to resist. They're openly persecuting muggle-born wizards like Hermione, even killing their muggle families; the British Prime Minister received the Death-Eaters' death threat and Buckingham Palace has been on lockdown since a few days before, this is terrifying."

"So, you need help, right?"

Merlin squints his eyes, he looks at Harry and Ollivander before saying:

"Dumbledore and the Minister of the Ministry of Magic are dead, the British wizarding world is now without a leader, no one to represent them. Mmm, let me think..."

Merlin reaches out and rubs his forehead, moments later, he stands up and tells the children and Ollivander:

"Tidy yourself and get a change in clothes, then follow me."

"Where are we going? Merlin."

Hermione walks next to Merlin and looks at him, Merlin strokes Hermione's hair and says softly:

"Finding you reinforcements."


"Merlin, can't you visit me at a more normal time?"

In Fury's safehouse in Brooklynn, the director of SHIELD looked at Merlin and the visitors on the sofa with a headache, he lowers his voice and tells Merlin:

"It's midnight right now, I'm human and I need rest too! Also, what part of 'safe house' do you not understand? Is this a place you can bring strangers to?"

"Don't get mad, Fury."

Merlin says softly:

"Something big has gone down this time."

He points to the others behind him and says:

"You've been trying to spread SHIELD's structure internationally, I've found you the best chance to do so."

"Mmm?'

Fury glances at Merlin suspiciously, he walks into the safehouse and sees Harry and the other young wizards; he still remembers the fire dragon incident from 3 years back, so Fury could guess that something had happened in England as he saw them here.

"You all know Fury."

He tells the soon-to-mature young wizards:

"Tell him everything, including what the Prime Minister and the Queen's recent encounters, everything."

Fury sits on the sofa, he takes out a recording pen and gestures for the children to begin speaking.

Voldemort was fundamentally simple to tell, the children spent about 10 minutes telling the muggle Fury everything from beginning to end.

The children saw for themselves how the agents of SHIELD handled that horntail and those dark wizards, they understand the power of SHIELD better than any other wizard.

And they trust Merlin, if Merlin thinks that Fury can help, then they too will trust Fury.

Fury was nearly frowning the entire process of listening to the story about Voldemort, as the children finished speaking, he thinks for a brief moment before turning to Merlin and asking:

"Are you sure that...Voldemort's forces have begun threatening the British government?"

"This is certain, Fury."

Merlin waves his finger:

"That guy is a racist nutcase, he believes in wizard supremacy, his biggest wish is to conquer death and restore the order of the Middle Ages when muggles like us are the wizards' vassals. He's a modern-day H**ler! He's got dangerous thinking and has the crazy ability to do so."

"There have already been 200 muggles killed by his followers, he wants to subvert the current order of England, and while I know not why the WSC has yet to receive news of this, I trust that with our current evidence, it should be enough for Officer Pierce to persuade the other council members."

"Wait a moment, I'll make a call."

Fury stands up, takes out his phone, and walks into the bedroom.

A few minutes later, Fury returns to the living room and tells the others:

"Pierce needs some time to verify our concerns, but he agrees with your opinion. If this is true, then the agents of our European branch will get busy."

Fury moves his fingers, he taps on the tea table and says:

"Do you think that Garrett and the other agents can handle this?"

Merlin shakes his head:

"Garrett's capable, but he doesn't know about the wizarding world, SDOLD should deal with this. I'll go to Europe personally while you authorize Garrett to help me. President Samuel said so before, if we decide to make a move, he'll dispatch some senior Aurors to help us out."

"Alright."

Fury nods, he was a straightforward one, once he finds the source of a problem, he no longer hesitates.

"Then, we'll grade this as an S-class event, ready your agents."

He advises Merlin:

"This is SHIELD's first large operation outside North America, as well as the SDOLD's first S-class event since its founding; this means a lot to us, so whatever help you need, just say it."

Merlin contemplates and says:

"Can we apply for aid from the British military? We now know the location of Voldemort's headquarters, I want to use a powerful weapons attack to permanently end that source of fear; we can then use cat and mouse tactics to clean out the remaining dark wizards."

"That...should be applicable."

Fury thinks about it and tells Merlin:

"If the WSC passes an intervention vote, then the British government should authorize military intervention. But I have to ask first, what level of help do you need?"

"About that."

Merlin shrugs, he looks at the wound on Hermione's arm, a cold light flashed in his eyes as he says:

"The more powerful the better, it's best to give me direct access to use tactical missiles...to be real, I think it's time to let those arrogant wizards see the true power of the muggles they so disdain."

"I can help you apply."

Fury didn't think that Merlin was overreacting, if the Death-Eaters' activities have affected England's national order, then it's very much acceptable for the WSC to authorize missile execution.

His only concern was something else, he looks at Merlin and says:

"Are you sure that missiles will work on those dark wizards? I heard that they can teleport using some method? And that Floo Network."

"Those can be locked down through magic."

Merlin says:

"The Aurors of the Magical Congress can set a spatial lock, as for the Floo Network, that thing can be cut off, that is if we can get into the British Ministry of Magic, which is currently under the Death-Eaters' control."

"If you can assure victory, I can help you apply now."

Fury says to Merlin:

"Try not to cause mass panic, finish it quickly."

"I'll try."

Merlin glances at the young wizards behind him and says:

"Without further ado, I'll leave tomorrow morning and let Garrett prepare beforehand, I'll wait for your military authorization."

"Then let's move."

Fury pats Merlin's shoulder:

"I'll head back to headquarters now, you gather your teammates. Do I need to send agent Barton to assist you?"

"Ah, it's better to have Clint along."

Merlin looks at the watch on his wrist and says:

"Fury, give this operation a name, isn't that our tradition?"

Hearing Merlin's words, Fury smiles and looks back at the wizards behind him; the experienced black king of agents says softly:

"Let's call it Operation 'Fury'."

"As you said, it's time to let those ravaging dark wizards witness...the fury of muggles."

 

7