Arc 5: Chapter 16: Metal Lifeform
122 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Merlin's second sight originates from Trigon's mana corrosion, and during earlier years, his second sight would occasionally malfunction. But after learning magic and knowing how to use mana correctly, Merlin's manipulation of his second sight became more skillful.

His dark senses have only failed once across all the events he'd encountered thus far, and that was with young Ava Starr.

But that was because young Ava's condition was special, the quantum realm is too obscure and mysterious even for wizards, so it was normal that Merlin could not sense that subatomic world.

But tonight, during this rainy storm, Merlin's dark senses have failed once again.

To be exact, it did not fail.

He could see an odd big shadow moving around in the darkness of the garage.

He could hear the noise made by the thing moving, even with all the thunderous booming, Merlin could still identify that noise as metal rubbing against each other.

Yet he could not see the 'lifeforce' of the moving creature before him.

It was like something that wasn't alive was moving.

"Who's there? Get out!"

Merlin raises his wand Lola, and as he flicked his wrist, he casts a crimson red Lumos; in the noise of the thunderstorm hitting the garage roof, the casted ball of light levitates in the air and illuminates the moving shadow in front of Merlin.

It was something large.

Something Merlin had never seen before, something that surprised Merlin.

It was a giant made of metal, it seemed to be wounded and was lying on the edge of Merlin's garage. All sorts of broken parts littered the floor, and in the wound that nearly tore through its entire body, faint sparks and electricity could be seen.

Under the illumination of the crimson red glow, the metal giant seemed to look up at the ball of light in a daze.

It seemed to be frightened.

"@&#$%$&@! #*#$^#*@!"

It let out a deep yet thunderous roar and shouts in a language Merlin could not understand.

It raises its heavy left arm with difficulty, and as the complex machinery parts worked, a cannon-like weapon appears on its remaining left arm, red heated energy begins to gather in the muzzle, and then as Merlin watched, a cannonball-like beam quickly diminishes the ball of light in the air.

While also bringing down most of Merlin's garage as well as Merlin himself in the energy beam.

Oh right.

Merlin did not see the energy beam in the darkness, not because his second sight had failed, but because it was black.

Black ashen scars filled the metal giant's exterior like it was thrown into an oven and was baked for a very long time.

It was practically a piece of charcoal.

A few seconds later, Merlin, who aerosolized to avoid the metal giant's energy beam, reappears in the burning wreckage of his garage.

He turns back and looks at his half-destroyed house before turning back and giving the metal giant an unfriendly expression.

The metal giant stood up in the rain, and its size was quite oppressive; it was at least 6 meters in height, and it was completely made out of metal, thus its every move was full of oppressive force.

The cubic body and agile movements, as well as the odd artificial intelligence, made Merlin suspect if this thing was made on Earth.

For now, it doesn't quite look like something of Earth.

And as it stood up, the last two walls of Merlin's garage were utterly destroyed by the staggering robot.

Thankfully the sound of thunder covered the noise, otherwise, Merlin would be facing dozens of awakened bystanders.

And as the robot stood up completely, the shocking wound on its chest and abdomen are revealed to Merlin. If one were to pretend that this robot was human, then the wounds would be lethal and one would be half-dead.

A wound formed from a blade that tore through its body had nearly penetrated its chest and some of its abdomen, and from the looks of the wound, it was very close to being cut in half.

Its right arm was missing, and in the rain, on the body to where the arm was supposed to be connected, clumps of sparks and electricity could be seen, signaling signs of a short-circuit.

But even so, this half-dead robot was very threatening.

The energy weapon on its left arm had shown its power from the shot just now, if Merlin was a normal person, Fury would probably have to conduct a memorial for a level-5 agent in a few days.

And most importantly, while this thing was intelligent, it looked to be in a state of no communication and no rationality.

And in Merlin's ever-angrier gaze, the wounded robot began to stagger forward like a drunken brute. After walking five difficult steps forward, it destroyed Merlin's house.

The wall collapsed, the dust scattered, and the decorations and ceiling lights personally set by his cousin May were all ruthlessly stomped.

Thie place, where Merlin had stayed for years, had become a place not even the homeless would visit in a short few seconds.

"M********er!"

Merlin was a well-mannered person, he would not easily curse.

But right now, as the rain fell and thunder boomed, he could no longer suppress the anger in his eyes as he watched the robot cause destruction.

"Enough!"

"Get your foot away from my television!"

Following Merlin's roar, a powerful Reducto is cast on the metal giant as Merlin waves his wand. The heavy hit strikes the metal giant's horned head like a cannonball.

"BANG"

Following a loud bang, the robot acted like a drunkard who'd been hit on the head and collapses onto the ground.

As it collapsed, Merlin could feel the ground shake.

Like a small mountain had collapsed.

From the vibrations, this guy was at least 10 tonnes.

Merlin's furious Reducto had broken the two decorative horns on the robot's head, even punched a sizable dent on its face. But this much was insufficient to harm the metal lifeform.

It who was near death and could not think rationally acted like an attacked beast, after collapsing, it instinctively raised its remaining right arm, and as it roared miserably, it fired another energy beam at Merlin.

"Shala"

Merlin who had aerosolized levitates in the air, lightning flashes behind him, and his lit-up figure in the darkness makes him look like an indifferent god. 

Merlin dodges the robot's destructive energy beams in the air and waves his wand, casting Wingardium Leviosa one after the other; a dozen seconds later, 10 cars that were levitated by Merlin quickly smashes at the robot like rocks thrown by a giant.

The effect of Wingardium Leviosa was not to offset the weight of an object, the levitated object seems light; its weight is still there, added with the force of it falling from the air, and the kinetic energy added with the weight caused the falling cars to be like a rain of heavy fists that knock the metal giant around.

With the technology of the energy cannon in its hand, if it were rational, Merlin's wave of attack could hardly harm it. But the problem was that Merlin felt as though he was battling a metal beast.

To win...

Is but a piece of cake.

"Colloportus!"

Seeing as the robot is smashed onto the ground by the car he threw, Merlin flicks his wrist and casts a few spells onto the ground. Several black chains extending from the ground bind the robot's legs, body, and arm to the ground.

With Merlin's current mana capacity, it wasn't so easy for the metal giant to break out of those chains.

"Transfiguration!"

Merlin lands on the ground and points the wand Lola in his hand to the wreckage of his house behind him; under the manipulation of his transfiguration, the metal parts of the car Merlin was almost finished repairing but was struck by lightning quickly began to transform like molding clay.

Under the effects of the very unscientific transfiguration spell, the car was quickly transformed into a slender metal rod that was 10-meters in height.

Just like a flag pole.

"Wingardium Leviosa!"

Merlin waved his wand with an indifferent expression, and as the storm roared, the metal rod accurately stabs into the wound of the roaring robot.

Just like...

A lightning rod.

"Shala"

Seconds later, a lightning bolt in the sky turns direction and accurately strikes the 'lightning rod', and under the conduction of metal, the most dangerous high voltage electric current instantly lands on the robot's body.

Merlin stands in the rain and watches as the giant robot's body twitches like that of an electrocuted human body.

It roared painfully, and eventually, the roaring weakened, like a dying beast.

But Merlin showed no mercy to it.

This damn bastard just destroyed his home!

"&$%&*@$*@"

Soon, the second lightning bolt struck, and in the pain, the metal giant seemed to regain some of its rationality. It shouts something to the ant-like Merlin next to him.

Seemingly begging for mercy.

But unfortunately, Merlin could not understand.

The clouds in the sky thresh about as many more lightning bolts are being charged in the gloomy clouds. Perhaps when the next lightning bolt strikes, would be the time when this near-dead metal giant dies.

Its metal body even had signs of melting from the lightning strikes.

"Cybertron Rebel Seonc Lieutenant...codename A-0717...request...requesting aid..."

"Lifeform of planet C-53...your world...is soon to be invaded!"

"Help me..."

The mechanical giant seems to realize its communication problem, it switched across many different languages while it was waiting for death, but Merlin could not understand any of them. And when the third lightning bolt was soon to strike, Merlin hears the cry for help in an odd radio accent.

At this moment, he understood.

Merlin's expression changes slightly, he quickly waves his wand and drags the metal rod from the robot's wound, and casts it into the sky.

"Shala"

The lightning bolt struck the metal rod, and the near-dead metal giant avoided its death.

"What did you just say?"

Merlin's figure aerosolized in the rain and he quickly comes atop the robot's head, he stares at its car light-like eyes and asks:

"You come from space?"

"The Decepticons...are coming."

The will of the metal man seemed to reach its limits, and the light in its eyes begin to dimmer as he says to Merlin with the last of his strength:

"They're...hiding...in...your...world..."

"Find...find B-127...find it! It is...hope..."

"Woong"

The cold raindrops fall on the shell of the unconscious metal lifeform, and as Merlin watched, the eyes on its humanized face begins to dimmer like fading lights.

This worried Merlin.

He did not know if this robot was dead or just unconscious.

Indeed, he was a second-hand surgeon, but the problem was that he did not know how to operate on the big guy.

Merlin looks at the robot with a headache, he then turns and looks at his destroyed house, as well as the cars that were temporarily used as weapons. He glances at the watch on his wrist, it was currently 2 am, which means he has got 6 hours to cover this all up.

"You best pray for your luck."

"Reparo!"

Merlin levitates above the damaged metal lifeform, he throws his wand, silently chants, and casts a Reparo on the robot in an attempt to fix him.

With Earth's current technology, Merlin can't fix the robot, at least not within 6 hours.

Now he could only seek the help of the unscientific magic.

As mana filled the wand, Merlin had no hope of fixing it, as this seemingly high-tech robot was on an entirely different field from magic at first glance.

But surprisingly, under the effects of Reparo, some of the broken wires in that terrifying wound began to magically reconnect. 

This made Merlin's eyes light up.

He continues waving his wand and healing that wound, and until 20 minutes later, Merlin manages to heal the guys' lethal wound after casting about 30 Reparo's. 

He lands by the ashen robot somewhat exhaustedly, he looks around before casting Scourgify at it.

After the black ash on the robot's surface is cleaned, Merlin discovers that beneath the ash, the robot's exterior was of a pretty red and white pattern, albeit quite messy-looking.

Merlin throws the repaired robot to the side with difficulty using Wingardium Leviosa, he then crosses his waist, looks at the rubble of his home, and sighs; he raises his wand and begins to repair his destroyed home, as well as the cars belonging to other people that were thrown onto the floor like trash.

Tonight, he had used Reparos so many times he probably broke the wizarding world's Guinness World Record.

If the wizarding world actually has it...

 

7