Arc 5: Chapter 26: Destruction
104 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Dropkick was a highly experienced Decepticon warrior.

As silly as its name was, it could not hide its ruthless way of acting.

In the hundreds of years of war of the past, Dropkick was always of the most elite group of Decepticon warriors. it initiated an absolute slaughter on the battlefields of Cybertron, and in the war amongst the stars later, Dropkick had become one of the toughest Rebel hunters.

Countless Rebel warriors had died by its hand.

For the Cybertronians, the aggressive and highly-threatening Dropkick was a truly tricky enemy and radical butcher.

It loves combat and enjoys killing, slaughtering was its after-meals activity, and destroying is its favorite music.

Even as its partner, Miss Shatter was also fearful of Dropkick when it was angry.

However, whilst Dropkick and Shatter seemed to be quarreling, the two of them were true friends. From the time both were conscience, they had worked and joined the Decepticons together.

With Dropkick's strength and Shatter's intelligence, the two worked like fish in the water and quickly rose in the ranks within the Decepticons.

When the two were weak, Shatter, as a female Cybertronian, would oftentimes be harassed by the Cybertronian scum. The stubborn Dropkick would then act as Shatter's protector while Shatter plotted for Dropkick with her intelligence, allowing it to grow its forces in the shadows of Cybertron.

Later, the two fought and been through hell together on the battlefield.

One could say that the relationship between Dropkick and Shatter had exceeded that of friends.

Of course, the concept of love does not exist on Cybertron, otherwise, the two would've become a married couple long ago.

Dropkick and Shatter's valiance on the battlefield earned them the recognition of the Decepticon leaders, Starscream who took over the leadership of the Decepticons after Megatron's disappearance and commended their achievements in a  Cybertronian way.

The two Decepticons were then reformed by the mechanical master Shockwave.

Normal Cybertronians could only transform into one form but Shatter and Dropkick had three, their transformers form, aerial form, and landform.

This made the two even deadlier, which was why the cunning Starscream had dispatched them both to Earth.

In the eyes of the Cybertronians, their combined force was enough to overpower the planet.

However...for a perfect team-up, their most lethal weak point was that once the two were separated, their greatest weaknesses would then be exposed.

Dropkick could not detect Merlin's approaching fog without Shatter's advanced scanning systems.

His black fog added with his Shadow Cloak was enough for him to hide from most scanning systems.

But Cliffjumper had told him that Shatter was equipped with laser scanning systems, which was the one scanning system Merlin was yet vulnerable to, thus Merlin had to grab the best chance.

If Shatter was the one who had stayed, then Merlin would have to confront her directly.

But today, Lady Luck seemed to be standing on Merlin's side.

In the sky, Merlin's fog slowly approached the patrolling blue chopper. Dropkick's disguise was very realistic, it was of an Apache attack chopper currently serving in the US military that was armed with nearly all destructive weaponry. If not for the empty pilot's chamber, none would see it as a mechanical lifeform.

Cybertronians' ability to disguise themselves as machines were incredible.

They were practically the Skrulls in some way.

"Whoop Whoop Whoop"

As the propellors of the chopper disguised by Dropkick spin, Merlin's fog slowly seeps into Dropkick's body following the air current caused by the propellors.

The shapeless yet formless air slowly begins to change, and the Decepticon warrior, who knew nothing of magic, could not sense the impending danger.

As the fog seeping into Dropkick's body begins to reach a limit, Merlin begins to inject mana.

At this moment, Dropkick who had noticed the abnormal energy gathering in its body immediately lets out a mechanical roar as it quickly transforms mid-air, but...it is too late.

"BOOM"

Following a loud boom, powerful shockwaves begin to burst out from the insides of Dropkick's chopper form.

The quickly falling helicopter bursts into flames as if it were hit by dozens of missiles.

But simple fire and explosions were not lethal to a Cybertronian lifeform.

The metal that forms its body is not of Earth, that special metal was extremely tough and could regenerate itself over time. Merlin's first explosion merely melted some metal and shattered some glass, while the tough Decepticon could not be struck down so easily.

"Despicable rat!"

As it howls, it completes its transformation in the air, the large energy cannons on its arms wave around as the heated beam cuts through the air like energy blades, attempting to dispel Merlin's fog.

"Where're you looking at?"

But then, Merlin reappears on top of Dropkick's large shoulder as his voice transmits into Dropkick's voice collector.

His coat flutters in the wind, and he holds a silver-white rod in his gloved hand as he accurately stabs it into Dropkick's mechanisms like a dagger.

"Bang"

As sparks fly, Dropkick's transmitting device is destroyed, and it loses its chance to communicate with Shatter.

Clearly, Merlin's attack was of Cliffjumper's instructions.

The rebel warrior used itself as a template to explain to Merlin the many weaknesses of a Cybertronian.

"Bang"

The falling Dropkick is attacked and following the command of its counterattack system, it flaps its metal hand onto its left shoulder as if it were swatting a fly.

But black fog quickly seeps through its fingers.

The 20-tonne strike was ineffective.

As strong as one was, how could one harm the wind?

Merlin was a wizard, his magical prowess was something beyond the understandings of a pure technological civilization like the Cybertronians.

Merlin hovers in the air as he watches Dropkick attempt to transform to slow its fall, but little did the Cybertronian know, Merlin had left some 'things' next to some devices in its body.

He curls his finger like a signal.

Then, one after the other, continuous explosions began to burst in Dropkick's body as Merlin ignites the mana fog inside Dropkick. Such explosions were not enough to mortally wound Dropkick, but they were enough to destroy its delicate devices.

Cybertronians' mechanical devices could regenerate over time like the injuries and organs of humans, but this takes time.

"Bam Bam Bam"

Faint black fog begins to seep from Dropkick following a trail of explosions, causing Dropkick to feel pain; what's worse is the destruction of its transforming module, which disabled its ability to transform into its chopper form.

It could only wave its arms helplessly as it falls to the ground like a meteor.

"BOOM"

A few seconds later, the 20-tonne brute falls 1000 meters into the mountain valley below, the Cubertronian's weight added with the gravitational pull made its descent feel like the ignition of a tactical bomb.

From Merlin's perspective, he could see the shattered ground, the threshing soil, the fallen trees, and the rolling rocks.

It was quite a stunning sight to see.

But Merlin knew that it was not over.

He quickly descends from the air and waves his hand, casting Colloportus one after the other to the Dropkick below in an attempt to stun him on the spot.

But this was a difficult task.

Know that the injured Cliffjumper could easily throw punches weighing over 10 tonnes in the rain before, let alone the Decepticon Dropkick who overpowered Cliffjumper.

Merlin could sense that his Colloportus could not bind the raging mechanical warrior. The chains that could easily bind an elephant were easily torn apart by Dropkick the moment they were formed.

Though Colloportus could theoretically bind infinitely with the injection of mana, that was just a theory; in terms of pure strength, not even empowered Carol may stand a chance against these Cybertronians.

They were mechanical lifeforms, there were very few civilizations in the universe that could match Cybertronians in terms of strength.

"Rat! Die! Die! Die!"

In the crater below, a dusty Dropkick roars at the air furiously.

The wing-like car door ornaments on its back were already torn from the fall, there were only 2 wheels left on its arms, and the propellor on its back was completely distorted.

Merlin had struck him down hard, though it was not lethal, Dropkick was still dissatisfied by his constant suppression.

As it roared, it opened the armor on its chest and back, rows of missiles began to shoot into the sky, at least 30 missiles were shot out, and its destructive force was enough to level an entire town.

But this was just the first wave of Dropkick's counterattack.

Its metal arms begin to transform into energy cannons, it roars as it blasts at the sky, and as the energy beams ignite in the sky, fiery explosions began to burst and cover the sky.

These Decepticons indeed had some frightening firepower.

But it was useless.

The flames could not harm Merlin, and as the flames dissipated, Merlin remained on the spot. As he flicks his wrist, invisible mana barriers began to surround Dropkick, and under Merlin's manipulation, the invisible mana barriers imprison Dropkick on the spot.

"Coulson!"

Merlin shouts in the communicator, then, the electromagnetic cannon beside Coulson is immediately activated, as the cannon charges, visible blue energy begins to gather in it.

Merlin places the arm-sized missile into the muzzle and nods at Melinda, the latter wears an infrared-detector-like device and holds an aiming device in her hand; a silver-white missile immediately shoots out as she presses the button, reaching supersonic speeds almost instantly.

"Bang"

Dropkick raises its fist and smashes the invisible mana barrier in front of it, making a hole in it almost instantly.

But it was alright.

With the missile's flight speed, Dropkick who had just broken free had no chance of dodging this attack.

The supersonic missile took less than 1 second to fly across 2000 meters and hit Dropkick's back from behind.

As Melinda had said, a blind man could also have hit such a large target. The upgraded electromagnetic cannon had a dispersion of no more than 3 meters.

As the supersonic missile is impacted by Dropkick's body, the internal boosters in the missile are activated and it penetrates Dropkick's armor and into its core like a needle.

Then...the nuke-like ignition sequence is triggered!

And as it was hit by the silver missile, Dropkick coincidentally raises its head and looks at Merlin's red eyes with its own red car light-like eyes.

The Cybertronian saw the coldness in Merlin's eyes as a shocked expression remained on its metal face.

Just like...the giant had met to retaliation of a most ferocious and.

"BOOM"

Then, purple flames continue to engulf everything.

 

3