Chapter 2
69 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Leadership makes or breaks a society – Ebina Kayoko

I was quickly walking through the halls of the school. Taking mental notes of everything I was seeing while hearing reports from members of the student council and discipline committee that I meet along the way.

First of all, it was confirmed that all the teachers and staff had disappeared. Whether we were transported alone or they were transported to a different location is unknown. However, my money is us being transported alone.

Our cellphones were not picking up any cell signal. The schools' landlines were also not working, which meant that we couldn’t call anyone for help.

Thankfully, the electricity and water were still available. I hesitated in allowing an investigation into how that was possible.

If it’s not broken, don’t fix it.

The school buildings and grounds remained virtually unchanged with two exceptions.

The room that once housed the student council had turned into just another classroom, and where our sports field used to be, a large building now stood there.

It was made from stone and wood, with a large wooden plaque hanging over the entrance.

For now, I decided to head to the main gate before investigating that building.

I wanted to investigate the shield that protected us earlier. Was it something that prevented external attacks as well as kept us enclosed?

If the answer was yes, then can I assume that the countdown is telling us when the shield will disappear?

All these questions had to be answered before moving forward.

“Good work you two,” I said, as I reached the gate.

Usui Sui and Asari Harui were manning the gate. Both were martial artists and expert runners. If something had happened then they would have the best chance of surviving

“Student council president! Nothing to report on our end.” Sui replied

“Yeah… It has been quiet.” Harui followed up.

“I see…” I responded as I walked past them. The shield protecting our school should be just a few meters ahead.

I took a deep breath as I stretched my hand. I felt a small pushback from something, and then ripples of yellow light formed on my figure tip.

This is the shield…

I pushed even further when all of the sudden I felt like something pulled me forward. I found myself taking hurried steps outside the shield.

“President!.” She girls shouted before coming after me.

“Are you okay?” Sui asked while keeping vigilant about our surroundings.

We were currently outside the protection of the shield. If were to be attacked then there was nothing that was going to save us.

“I am fine,” I replied before turning around. I wasn’t expecting that I would be outside the shield but this was an opportunity to try the next thing.

If someone leaves the shield. Can they come back in? 

I stopped my brain from thinking of an alternative course of action should the answer be no.

One thing at a time…

I once again stretched out my hand and the same thing happened again.

I see… So we can enter and leave at will… Meaning, whatever we have to build… The outside world will be crucial.

“You guys can come back now,” I instructed

“Don’t you think we should explore more?” Harui asked

“No. For now, securing the school takes priority.”

“Understood.” They replied before walking back in.”

I guess you don’t feel the pull effect if you just walkthrough.

I now turned my attention to the building that had appeared out of nowhere. I had sent my vice president to investigate it first. I wonder what she had discovered so far.

***

When I arrived at the building I found my vice president Ebina Kayoko waiting for me.

“Have you finished the inspection?”

“Yes…” she replied before ushering me in. “The ground floor is made up of six large rooms. First is this place with what appears to be a reception of some sort.”

“Reception?” I asked before thinking to myself, are we to expect guests?

“It gets stranger. The other rooms comprise of what appears to be a butchery, a workshop, a lab, a large computer room, and some room with a large floating square.”

“Hmm… I love to see the room with the square first.”

“I thought you might say that but I think you should see the second floor first.”

“Is there something strange there?”

“Not really. It's just that we found our student council room there.”

“What?”

We entered the student council room on the second floor.

“As you can see… Everything here is exactly as we had left it.”

“That is not true,” I replied.

“Huh?”

“This desk is different.”

“What do you mean?”

“It looks like my old desk but the texture feels different.”

“It’s not leather?”

 “It is… But it feels different.”

She looked at me with a puzzled look and couldn’t blame her. It did look like my desk but it still felt different.

I sat on the chair to get a better feel of everything when Akemi came barging in.”

“Sorry for the interruption but I thought I should report this.”

“What happened?”

 “Some of the boys from the other schools have started to develop powers.”

“What do you mean by that?”

“Well… It will be faster if I show you.” She said.

< Status >

Name: Fujikawa Akemi

Level: 1

Attributes: Water, Thunder 

Class: Enforcer [Special]

Skills: Bind, Cage, Sleep, Analyze, Strength 

“What on earth? It's like one of those fantasy novel things…” Kayoko yelled

Fantasy world? Build? I wonder?

< Status >” I called and when I did the table began to glow.

“This is!?” I uttered in surprise.

1