Mastermind
72 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Proof that Raven is dead?" 

After both Onis looked Alaska up and down they asked for this simple question and thankfully they had a way to prove she was gone for good. 

"Alaska get the sword out." 

The hilt of Raven's sword appeared out of a gate and she brought the entire blade out. 

"Good job then, Ayame. It seems your city take-over plan in the North will be going just as you planned. Now, the vampire by your side. Why have you chosen her to be your partner? We have a lot of fine men and women here that you can choose from, Ayame." 

The wording set Alaska off and something wasn't right here. 

"I knew people said you had a thing for vampires but I didn't think it was true." Her mother put a hand to her face as she blatantly said that out loud. No one could tell if it was on purpose or not but it had gotten the point across. 

A small elbow into Alaska's side and Ayame's pleading glance made Alaska play along with this whole thing going on. 

"I haven't developed any sort of bias towards vampires. I just think that Alaska is the one for me. Not because she's a vampire, not because she's a Black Cat, because of her personality." She earnestly put a hand on her chest even though she was straight lying to her family. 

"You, vampire." The dad called out to Alaska and her eyes jumped to him, "She told us your story but I want to hear it from your own mouth." 

Alaska gave a mental sigh at having to explain the night she got turned into a vampire but did so anyway. 

their faces were skeptical after hearing the full story as it was still a very strange story. It does just sound like something someone would make up for attention.

"...You also mentioned a fox there? Where is he now? All familiars can come down to the underworld so maybe I'll be a little bit more willing if you had a bit more proof that you really were formerly just a Black Cat." 

Ayame had taken a step back as this was Alaska's time to prove herself. It really is annoying trying to prove yourself while you know you're innocent. 

"I'm not even gonna lie, this is my first time being here." She snapped and with a zap of electricity the fox appeared and was the biggest thing in the room now, "Beta, shrink, shrink!!?" She didn't expect them to pop into the room in his big form. 

The Fox shook his head. Because the underworld brought out true forms, he can't change his size. 

Though her stupidness in forgetting that also had its proof that she's not really from around here. 

"What about Tsuryo?" 

"Who?" Alaska let that out in an almost disrespectful tone but that was mostly from the surprise of Beta not being able to shrink. 

"Wow, you really did just become a vampire and not care..." Ayame mumbled to herself hoping this wasn't going down. 

"Who's Tsuryo?" She stated after clearing her throat and paying attention this time around. 

"That's the name of the vampire queen!" Ayame helped her out from the side and Alaska turned her head towards her. 

"Really? That's a strange name? I expected something a little less weird." 

Ayame's father laughing startled both of them but once their eyes landed on him, he was completely stone-faced. 

"You've just insulted one of the four rulers of the underworld, you know that?" 

"...I did not know that. Like I said before, I really don't want anything to do with this vampire stuff. I have more to worry about than whoever she is." 

"Alright fine." He stood up, "I believe you enough that you aren't connected to the vampires. You're either a good liar or you just don't know anything about the netherworld and honestly, you seem a little too out of it. Two more questions and I'll let you two free." 

"Alright. I can answer any questions you throw at me." 

"Fight me." 

"No," His request was immediately shut down, "I'm sure I can't beat Ayame, why would I fight you?" 

"Good choice. You're better than the last idiot she brought here." He sat back down, "You're an Elemental, right?" 

Lightning sparked off her and connected with Beta who also sparked thanks to their connection. 

That answered that question and it was time for the last one. 

"Why do you love our daughter?" 

Out of everything that had been discussed in the last few minutes, she had completely forgotten about this. Things to say flooded her mind and the thought of his previous statement of the last person that Ayame brought here, she didn't want to leave this place in a body bag. 

The timing was out of nowhere but she should've been expecting something like, nevertheless, she better give a good answer. Or a good enough answer to please one of them. 

"...Her motivations." The only thing to come out of Alaska's mouth as Lena was about to speak thinking she needed help. 

"Oh? Continue?" Her father placed an elbow on the table with an intrigued look in his eye. 

"When she told me her ambition to better her race in the eyes of the humans, I couldn't help but want to help her out. As you know, people very much don't like my race and so something like this is just... a thing that I find very noble!" Her way with words was still awful but she hoped her point was still gotten across. 

"What about her looks?" 

"She's beautiful!" Alaska when it came to basic compliments to girls was always the quickest in the room. 

"Her fighting style?" 

"It's graceful! Her flames make me jealous, they're powers I wish I had! Right down to the way she easily transitions from her naginata to her katana, it's such peaceful movements that I have trouble keeping track of them!" Alaska clasps a fist but a big fluffy tail got her to shut up. 

"Well, we can see you're serious now..." Even the father didn't expect her to go on such tangents, "Ayame... we'll allow you to be with this... vampire." Of course, there was still something in him that didn't trust this. 

She may seem serious in his eyes but he was still suspicious of her. They've only known each other for about a day so a cautious father was a good one in this situation. 

"Will you two be staying for tonight or heading out again?" The mother spoke and Alaska wondered if that was even a good idea. 

"...I actually have a human friend in the upper world so if I did stay I'd better tell her." 

"A vampire friends with a human?" 

"Remember, she was just a normal Black Cat before that." 

"I've known her since I was young so she didn't really care about my appearance." 

"It's a shame humans can't enter here." Ayame walked back over to Alaska. "Actually, I think I'll be staying out with Alaska this time. We have things to go over still together." 

"Be sure to return home tomorrow. If you don't, I might just kill that vampire." 

Alaska's eyes shot open and Ayame put a hand on her shoulder, "He's joking... wait no, he's probably not. Don't worry, I'll be sure to come home tomorrow as well. We'll be going now." Ayame let out a small laugh as her demon's arm shot out of the floor and hit her, Beta, and Alaska sending them back to the overworld. 

The striking cold hit Alaska as she forgot it was snowing up here. 

"Miya-" 

"Just call me Ayame now." The Oni started to walk off and Alaska followed. 

"Well, Ayame. Where exactly are you going to stay?" Alaska guessed what she was going to say next. 

"I planned on staying with you for a few days. Things down at my home are gonna be hectic since we pretended to be a couple." 

Since Alaska could enter the shrine there's no reason Ayame can't. Lisbeth will probably be a little shocked but not surprised at Alaska coming here with her. 

"Well, as you can tell, I haven't been living by myself. I live in a shrine with three sisters and my friend right now." Alaska might as well tell her now before they got there. 

"Oh, are you sure they'd let me stay? If not, it wouldn't be that much trouble to stay home." Polite wasn't something Alaska thought she was capable of but this is their first conversation where they don't have weapons in their hands. 

Alaska went to putting her Templars markings back on as it was too cold to not go without a cloak as of now, "They worship Raiden and I'm a Lightning Elemental, you also know that Beta is something called a Raiden piece so they pretty much let me do anything I want." 

"...You haven't... done anything wrong to them, have you?" Ayame's question was an expected one. 

"Nope, it was consensual." 

"Oh, alright- what?" Ayame opened her mouth to ask what she meant but she'd honestly rather not know what Alaska is getting up to. 

"Let's just get a move on." Alaska cleared her throat and snapped. 

Beta appeared and the idea got across that they were going to ride there on the big fox. It didn't take much time for the girls to get back to the shrine... 

The three sisters let Ayame stay for the night with some convincing from Alaska and now it was time to talk to Lisbeth. 

Going over to her room, Alaska and Ayame stand before the door. 

"I've been gone for like an hour or so. Knowing her, she's probably sleeping." Alaska tossed the door open and just as expected, Lisbeth was knocked out in her bed. 

Her weapons were strung across the place but when the door opened, she woke up and looked at the culprits that opened disturbed her sleep. 

"Lisbeth, wake the fuck up." 

"ALASKA! DON'T BE SO MEAN!" 

"...Ew, it's just you..." Lisbeth flipped over to face away from Alaska. 

"What?!" Alaska walked over and gave a strong kick to Lisbeth's back to which she yelled out and got up. 

Her hands went to wrap around Alaska's throat in only those few seconds, "You STUPID little cat!!" her gaze moved to the person awkwardly standing in the doorway watching the scene. 

"Hello...?" 

"And you brought more people home!" She choked Alaska a little bit more before letting the body drop right to the floor. She stepped over the gasping catgirl, moving to look at Ayame. 

"Damn...! I got my arm chopped off earlier, you know!" Alaska slowly got to her feet while sighing. 

"To be fair, it was a little deserved, why would you kick her like that?" 

"She needed it..." 

"Well anyway, this is the girl you've brought home this time?" Lisbeth stared at her but was not surprised that she was there, "You really do like Onis, don't you?" 

"Is Alaska some sort of... player?" Ayame, even by this point, hadn't cared for what Alaska got up to, but with Lisbeth's sentence, it almost seemed like Alaska was playing women. 

"Far from it, she just makes friends and enemies far too easily. She's like a dog, you tell her to get one thing and she comes with that thing along with a boat." 

"I see." She was purely wondering if Alaska was with a different girl or boy every other day and was happy to find out that wasn't the case. 

"Anyway, I'm Lisbeth. I've known Alaska and Lena for a long time now." Lisbeth smiled and walked over with the intention to shake hands. 

"I'm Ayame Miyamoto. It's nice to meet you, Lisbeth." 

They shake on it and looked over to see Lena was in control of the body. 

"Um... Alaska said we should plan on what to do about Alex." 

"Ah, yes. We should finish her off before things get worse. After her, the town should be an easy take. It'll be a hard task to take care of but I'm sure my family can do it." 

"Speaking of which, are you going to be the one to take care of the town once everything is over, or is it someone else?" Lisbeth went back over to her bed and sat down on the floor. 

Ayame moved a bit deeper into the room but was too awkward to sit down anywhere. 

"No. I'm just the one to help take it over. Someone else will lead it while I go on to spread my helpfulness as an adventurer." She says adventurer but it was more of a wandering warrior as she was far too scared to actually go into a city by herself, "Well, not alone, I'll have a few of my friends with me." 

Lisbeth was glad that Alaska wasn't here or else her mouth would be blabbering that Ayame should join them. Though an addition like the Oni standing before them would be of great help in terms of power. 

"Ooh! You should join us!" Lena popped up like a happy dog with stars in her eyes. 

Or so Lisbeth thought, "I should've seen that coming..." 

It seems that Lena had the same thought as Alaska. 

"I wouldn't be opposed to it..." Lisbeth gave up any thoughts about saying no. 

"Give me more time to think about it. We've only just met, really." Ayame was sensible and didn't just fall into Alaska/Lena's lap. She thinks it's a good idea but would like to finish her first plan before even daring to make a decision on what to do after. 

So, Lena/Alaska would have to work a little harder to get this. 

"Anway, I think it'd be best for us to discuss later what to do with Alex. For now, I'll be going to my room." She gave a polite bow and left the room closing the door behind her. 

"Man, you two certainly are a handful when I'm not there, huh?" Lisbeth turned her attention to Lena. 

"Yeah... sorry for not being able to bring you along..." Lena's apology was unexpected nor needed. 

"Relax, I just took it as more time to sleep. I appreciate the times where there isn't a sword being pointed at my chest, you know? Now you might wanna go and rest and take that armor off. We have things to do later or tomorrow." Lisbeth reached over and pulled her rifle and revolvers over to her. 

Though she said she was happy to receive downtime, she was even happier that she was finally about to get into a fight. It's been far too long even by her standards since her last scuffle and was shaking with anticipation for some action...

The next few days are certainly going to deliver some shots for her. The practice she's been doing is definitely going to pay off here and now...

4