A Blast From the Past
77 4 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"What the hell is the signal?"

Ayame and Lisbeth found themselves sitting in cover staring over the estate Alaska was currently doing her task in, that task being stabbing more than a few people in their sleeping and leaving them dead where they lay. They had no idea when or where Alaska was supposed to come from or if she was done her mission inside. 

They hadn't made the signal clear, only that they would know if she started fighting. 

"I don't know either. We should have made it a clear symbol or time limit." Ayame sighed and was starting to get worried about her vampire acquaintance. 

The rumbling sky above made them look to see three different colored lightning bolts strike down from the sky and completely obliterate the building side like it was a miniature. Red, purple, and silver popped from the clouds above and they took that as their signal to come in and help Alaska in her duel. 

They moved quick to cover the distance to the building and swiftly jumped over the wall stopping them from simply walking into the estate. Though once in the air, they noticed that right on the other side of said wall, a massive pool was there and two electrical beings were climbing out of that pool. 

The two fire users made a big splash into the water but swiftly climbed out themselves to see everyone in this fight was sopping wet. The sky above also looks like it was about to come down soon enough and Alaska didn't actually know what water would do to her powers if it was on her. 

"AK, what does water do to our powers?" 

Lena asked for the girl as everyone prepared their weapons to fight again. Though this area isn't the best as they're standing on the perimeter of a pool and all of their powers, except for Ayame, seem to be affected by the rain. 

"I'd advise you not to use your powers. When wet, your lightning powers become much less controllable. If it started to rain, you'll not only strike yourself but any targets around you at a level you can't control. It could possibly be deadly." 

Alaska's heart sank as she looked across the poolside to see her two friends waiting for her mark to move. She can't use her powers but strength was no longer a problem if she used her vampire powers so she couldn't be overpowered by Alex's strength. 

Alex flared up her power to increase her natural strength but the instant she did, lightning shot out from her body. The bolts flew and struck basically everyone in the proximity of her with her own lightning hurting her as well making her fly back and smash through some poolside equipment that was out. 

That same lightning struck Alaska and Beta but, of course, the lightning did nothing to them as lightning cannot hurt them as Elementals. The same went for Alex. 

But, it did strike Ayame and Lisbeth hitting them right through the wall right behind them. On instinct, Alaska tried to lightning dash to check up on her friends but her powers were locked away by AK so she wouldn't activate them while she was wet and the rain was starting to come down. 

All that meant was she just jumped right into the pool as she tried to activate her powers. She pulled herself out again and coughed up the water she didn't expect to inhale from her powers being shut off. 

"What the FUCK!!!" She coughed one more time and used her vampire powers to teleport right over to her friends to see that they were only unconscious from getting struck. 

"THANK GOD!!!!" 

Alaska held her head from the girl yelling in her head out of nowhere. 

"ALSO BEHIND US!!!" 

Lena took control of the body and swiftly rolled to the side and pulled out her sword standing up in one swift motion.  

"Wow, OKAY! WHERE DID YOU LEARN TO DO THAT!!" 

Lena didn't talk back as she was too focused on the threat in front of her. When her friends were in danger, she was quick to action, even faster than Alaska apparently. 

"She seems to be copying you." 

Alex pointed her weapon which was a swept hilt rapier and both girls went to engage in combat with each other starting off with light jabs at one another. Neither really trying to barge into the other's space just yet to attack but to test the range. 

Sure, this isn't how Alaska would go about fighting her and instead would go about it with a more aggressive style but Lena was the one in the action for once. If she was serious here, then Alaska would let her fight until she taps out, after all, practice is practice. 

Neither had powers but Alex already boosted her physical strength earlier leaving her much stronger and no way to turn it up or down. 

"Who are you?" Alex asked then did a swift dive in with her sword lunging forward for Lena's head. 

The girl sensed it coming thanks to her enhanced vampire body and moved out of the way of the strike while deflecting the strike away even further. She swiftly changed directions with her sword and struck downwards at Alex but Alex earned her own deflection and went right for another stab at Lena who was lining her own blade up for a quick stab at Alex. 

Alex sorely misjudged the distance to hit with her blade stopping right before striking Lena in the heart. The catgirl slightly shuffled to the side and stabbed forward with a strike of her own but Alex was only slightly struck in the face as she moved her head from the stabbing location. 

She made distance between them with a backpedal all while deflecting strikes from Lena who persued the elemental in front of her. 

"The axe and that weird sword from Ayame!" 

Lena yelled inside of her own mind and Alaska surprisingly heard the shouts and spawned those weapons from dimensional storage while the main blade was swiftly sucked into storage as Lena grabbed the weapons from her sides. 

An Impact Slash from Alex grazed Lena's chest armor making the girl worry momentarily but her plan was put back into action as the stab after the strike came in lightning fast. 

Lena narrowly avoided the strike by shifting her body then used her tomahawk to trap Alex's sword momentarily. It wasn't a real trapping weapon and literally held the sword for a second in place but a strong set of jaws swiftly clamped down on the blade and kept the sword in place as Lena raised her other arm and with Ayame's wakizashi in a reverse grip, she stabbed downwards. 

Alex having a free hand came in perfectly as she outstretched it and caught Lena's arm before it could really get any closer and probably kill her. The alarming feeling of her sword almost being pulled out of her hand was jarring but she kept strong, the jaws of that fox kept the sword from moving any further and Alex was trying to pull away. 

It turned to a struggle of strength as they beat each other to a stalemate. If Beta's jaws were to let go, Lena couldn't hold down the rapier by herself with her awkwardly placed axe, if Alex's strength fell, all that awaited her was death on both sides. 

Honestly, she would need a clear sky to even do something to save herself. It was starting to become obvious that in the rain, Lena was stronger. 

"This is how I spend my second life...?! fighting a mob...?!" Alex's mouth mumbled and Lena's face crumbled into confusion but her strength kept up. 

"Wait, you're from Earth too, aren't you!" 

"My God, don't tell you got isekai'd too! Wait, you're Alaska!" 

"KILL HER!" 

Alaska yelled from the inside of their mind as she took control of the body. As soon as she felt her limbs, her legs were swiftly kicked out from under her and her back slammed against the ground, she held both her weapons even as she fell and Beta got a swift punch to the head knocking the unsuspecting fox out from the strength. 

"BETA?! YOU BITCH!" 

Alaska reached her hands out and grabbed Alex by the ankles and pulled with all her strength making the girl smash her face right into the dirt and grass in front of her. She flipped herself over to where Alaska jumped on her and started delivering punches to the blocking girl below her. 

"Alex!! You're even bothering me here!" 

"First you drive my family to nothing then you come here just to kill me again!" 

"Technically, I had nothing to do with you kil-" 

"Shut up!" She raised her hand to the sky and got a strong punch to the eye from Alaska who stopped right after that. 

"Beta!" 

The fox shot up from his unconscious position from the sound of his name being called by his master. Although confused, he could feel the surge of power slowly coming from Alex. He bolted towards Lisbeth and covered the girl as Alaska teleported to Ayame and threw herself on the girl as a bolt of lightning struck down from the sky and hit Alex quickly rebounding to the sky and spreading out oddly clearing the sky of clouds. 

Alex stood up and found the heat from the strike dried her clothes and her as well so she turned her powers on and grabbed her sword. She turned to face Alaska only to find a really big fox and Alaska standing there with a zweihander. 

"...Alaska." 

"Alex." She smiled towards her enemy, "How's life been treating you?" 

"...Obviously not good because you're for some reason back in my life again. What are you even doing here, huh? This far up North?" Alex didn't put her sword down from its striking position in case someone wanted to make a move during this conversation. 

"It's the girl sitting behind me. I came here for her, she wants to take over this town from your weirdo leader." 

"Well, you can have it. I don't get paid enough to get eaten by giant foxes, damn it." Alex let go of all her hostilities and swiftly put away her sword, starting to walk away from this entire encounter, "If I ever see your face again, I swear I'll kill you." Before activating her traveling powers, she looked back, glaring at Alaska with the built-up hate she had against her. 

A beam of lightning struck the girl from the sky and she was gone in an instant. It was a hard battle but technically, they won. Alex was no longer in the picture and all that was now left was to get Ayame in that building in front of them. 

The two perfect holes they made in the wall would make for easy access that is if they ever wake the hell up from their unconscious state. Alaska checked behind her to Ayame still out on the ground along with Lisbeth. 

"What should we do?" 

Alaska tossed her massive sword into storage and crouched down, she gave Ayame a light slap on the face, "Wake up. Wake up... wake up... wake up..." 

"Alaska, I don't think hitting her in the face is gonna do anything." 

Alaska took off one of her gloves and felt the Onis face and nodded her head. 

"Yeah, I love her." 

"...Alaska... stop being creepy..." 

"Fine. Fine." Alaska placed the girl's weapons near them and snapped towards Beta, "You go and figure out all the people left in that building. Where they are, and any escape paths that they could take. Restrain the leader while you're at it. I'll sit here and watch over these two for whenever they wanna wake up from their nap." 

Alaska stood up and took her main weapon out of storage and put it on her hip. Crossing her arms, Beta nodded and Lightning Dashed off towards the building to do what Alaska asked of him. 

The night wasn't nearly over just yet but out of all of this, Alaska was hoping for one thing to come out of all of this. A cute Oni to travel along with them along with some fresh news to come to next. After all, this adventure already had a lid put on it basically...

4