Chapter 4: Tutorial (3)
80 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

<Izumi's POV>

I looked at the exit, The door looked like it was about to break. I quickly removed my contacts and slung my bronze bag over my shoulder and moved away from the door slowly sliding into the dark corner of the auditorium

{A/N: for the people who expected the mc to directly go and face the monster, the mc is a battle manic but he obviously doesn't want to fight an unknown entity.}

[Sender: the Guide]

[1. Escape from the assembly hall and arrive at the second floor waiting area of the main school building before the time runs out.]

[2. Remaining time: 03:59:38]

'Hmm four hours to escape what's coming and go to the second floor of the next building is easily doable even with the monster'

*BANG* *BANG*

Hearing the deafening noise everyone else finally snapped out of it and attempted to stop the monster by stacking things like chairs and also using their bodies to stop the door from breaking. Soon the door no longer looked like it was going to break and everything finally quieted down

"haah"

everyone finally released their breaths,

'something is wrong it cannot be this easy' while I was thinking that, the crowd of people divided into two due to infighting the invited except the brother and sister duo  who wanted to do their own thing  and the rest of the invited who refused to take care of the contracted.

At the middle of the auditorium  where YI-Seol ah and Kang Seok were arguing the floor boards suddently turend inside out

<Third Person's POV>

Bump!

Suddenly, the wooden floor of the assembly hall quaked upwards. The aged wooden floorboards began tearing up, pieces violently flying off one by one. People had to perform unsteady dances while trying to regain their lost balance as the floor rumbled.

"W, what the hell?!"

"An earthquake?"

That line of thought proved to be far too lackadaisical for the current situation.

It happened in the blink of an eye.

The floor exploded as if a bomb had gone off. And from between the gaps of flying bits of wood, a lengthy and rotting arm shot out. There were six hook-like things attached to the end of this arm.

This arm drew a short but sharp arc in the air and came down to the floor, before grabbing the hair of the totally dazed and stiffly standing Yi Seol-Ah, proceeding to drag her down the newly-created hole.

"Kyaaaak!!"

Yi Seol-Ah's head slammed into the floorboard with vengeance and bounced up, and like a golf ball rolling towards the flag hole, she got rapidly sucked into the gaping black hole on the wooden floor.

"Noonaaaa!!!"

Yi Sungjin pounced on the upside-down pair of legs kicking helplessly in the air.

"Heeeeelp!!"

That cry sobered up everyone right away, and the crowd rushed in to grab hold of Yi Sungjin, as he was also getting dragged into the hole as well. As the ten-odd pairs of hands tugged and pulled and yanked, shoes flew away, and then, even loose socks came flying.

Amongst the hectic chaos, somehow some people managed to grab Yi Seol-Ah's flailing legs and ankles, and from there, a desperate tug of war unfolded.

"Hold on!! Don't let go!"

"Pull up!! I said, pull them up!!"

The whole place descended into pure, unbridled chaos. Cries and shouts were roared out; no one dared to hold back as they struggled hard.

Even with the combined strength of ten plus men, Yi Seol-Ah couldn't be pulled out of the hole. They were being roughly rocked from side to side due to the sheer force pulling down from below, causing many to lose their grips and crash to the floor.

"Euahahah!"

"Hey! Don't let go!"

It was then.

Kyaaaaaaak

The scream was definitely from Yi Seol-Ah, yet the horrifying screeching tone made it seemingly impossible for a human to issue such a sound.

Splash!

And from the hole, red liquid exploded upwards. It was like seeing a blender stuffed full of tomatoes switching on but with its lid not closed, and then, crushed bits of flesh and juice were flying off to everywhere.

The crimson blood rained down like a small fountain.

"Noona!! Noonaaaa!!"

Her legs that were kicking and twisting until now, suddenly went dead straight and still. All of her ten toes curled up simultaneously; her thighs trembled; and then, just like a puppet with its strings cut, her knees folded. A certain sickening sensation of something being cut was transmitted to the hands of all trying to pull her back out.

The pulling force from below was suddenly gone. Everyone fell back hard on their rear ends with loud thuds.

Among them, a man was rubbing his aching butt. And while frowning, he took a look at his hands.

He was still holding onto a slender ankle. Below that, a smooth, rather shapely leg. Even further below, a blue skirt soaked in blood.

Beyond that…. he couldn't see any other connecting body parts. All he could see was some remains of crushed intestines and bits of mangled flesh.

"Aaa….."

He saw the shape of something human slowly rising up from the hole in the floorboards.

"Aaah…."

Its long, unkempt hair seemed to dance around unrestrained, caked with blood and bits of human flesh from top to bottom.

"Aaah, ah….."

Its head was at least four times the size of a grown adult man's head. And there was a single giant eye that took up almost half of that large head.

"Ah, ah, ahhhhaaaack!!"

The man couldn't hold back it any longer and screamed. He got up as quickly as he could and ran for his life. He didn't know where to, but as long as he could get as far away from that creature as humanly possible, he'd be fine with that.

Soon, pure chaos descended on the assembly hall. There was no other fitting description. People got utterly, completely terrified by the creature's grotesque appearance, and while screaming their heads off, they scattered everywhere. Everyone quickly removed the blockage covering the exit and ran off. Except Seol

Seeing this Izumi activated his sharingan and looked at the creature who was nearing Seol who suddenly stopped running and faced the creature. Wanting to see what the gold-ranked candidate could do Izumi watched without making a noise from the other corner of the auditorium

Seol lifted the chair that was near him broke a leg off and held it like a spear the monster seeing that the human was emitting a dangerous aura turned and ran off out of the exit following the humans who had ran away. Izumi seeing this called out to him

"Damn Seol-ssi you just scared it of with a glare"

Seol turned to the corner where Izumi was standing and said

"You are still here?"

"yeah , I mean the monster chased after the crowd of people so I just stayed hidden in the corner away from the others"

"oh...."

"So where are you going to go now?"

"I'm thinking of going down the hole the monster came out of"

"oh okay then I guess we'll have to part ways then lets see each other at the second floor"

Izumi said and without waiting for an answer he headed out through the exit.

so the last part was a bit bland I was trying to make it flow more smoothly but I couldn't, so reviews are appreciated

4