Chapter 5: Tutorial (4)
69 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

<Izumi's POV>

'I'm stupid the tutorial is there for us to show off our skills what am I trying to stay lowkey for, lets finish this task quickly'

I thought as I started sprinting towards the second floor no longer afraid of the monster because Seol showed me that even though the monster wasn't that intelligent it can still feel fear as it had eyes (which was mutilated but it still used it to see) so by that train of thought I should be able to scare it off using an illusion as I still wont be able to beat it without a weapon.

I finally reached the second floor it was blocked by metal spikes, I looked through the gaps of the metal bars/spikes to see that inside was an empty corridor seeing that I had no other choice I decided to touch the metal spike.

[A new user has been registered.]

Clang!!

Accompanied by dull metallic clanks, the pointed ends of the metal spikes separated from the ceiling almost immediately and then retracted into the floor below with even faster speed. As soon as those metal spikes were gone, the space in front became a wide-open passageway I could enter.

[Mister Izumi Sora has arrived at the second floor waiting area]

It looks like I was the first person to arrive let's hope that they give points or something for this 

[Sender: the Guide]

[1. Escape from the assembly hall and arrive at the second floor waiting area of the main school building before the time runs out.]

[2. Remaining time: 03:50:46]

'looks like I have around three hours to spare'

*haumm* Since I don't know what to expect might as well take rest for a bit It's not like the other participants can throw me off out of the safe zone or kill me for no reason since I have not offended any of them might as well get some sleep 

[three hours later]

I woke due to an inhuman scream only to see a half naked Shin Sang-Ah walking in through the barrier while looking extremely relived(?) I looked around to find Seol twisting Kang Seok hand while pressing it onto the button which allows the person inside the barrier to open it.

'Woah what the heck just happened'

When I was about to call out to Seol, The guild's announcement rang out 

[Miss Shin Sang-Ah has arrived on the second-floor waiting area.]

[The first Tutorial mission, ‘Escape from the Assembly Hall’, has concluded. Number of remaining survivors: 13.]

[A new message from the Guide has arrived.]

[The second mission of the Tutorial, ‘Breaking Through Traps’ has begun.]

We all heard the new announcement, and at the same time, the sturdy locked gate at the end of the corridor automatically undid itself. It seemed that, regardless of the remaining time, the next mission would be triggered right away once all the survivors arrived at the waiting area.

“Kuuuuk!”

Kang Seok rolled on the floor in a fit of pain. Then, he used the wall to support himself and got up. Still holding his twisted arm, he glared at Seol with murderous intent.

“You…!”

Kang Seok was about to shout out something but then simply spun on his heels to leave.

“We’ll see what happens later, you fucking son of a bitch!”

He picked up his own bag and hastily escaped through the now-open passage. Seeing him retreat, both Yi Hyungsik and Jeong Minwoo slinked away from sight.

I looked at him amused but I had no time to waste as this trial was right up my alley using the sharingan

[Sender: the Guide.]

[1. Enter the classroom “3-1” on the fourth floor of the main building via annex’s third floor before time runs out.]

[Remaining time: 01:57:56]

looking at the time I sped up

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Area 1. The second mission is now commencing.]

A robotic voice made an announcement as images flickered on a massive semi-transparent screen. Several men and women were sitting in front of this screen, watching the proceedings unfold.

“It’s only the second mission but…. Damn it, I’m gonna lose my mind at this rate.”

“24 people died in the first stage? How does that even make sense? Why is every one of them such goddamn trash this time?”

When a bald giant of a man spat out in anger, a woman wearing a purple robe next to him grumbled unhappily as well. However, when another woman wearing a business suit sitting in front swept her icy gaze over them, the two shut their mouths up rather quickly.

“Really now. At this rate, the name ‘Area 1’ will become a huge joke. With the March’s overall assessment looking this bad, how are we supposed to endure until September?”

The bald giant couldn’t resist and added a couple more sentences, but fearing that the business-suit woman would glare at him again, he hurriedly turned his attention to her.

“Anyone know what’s going on in other areas? Anyone hear anything?”

“Me.”

A young man with curly hair raised his hand.

“I overheard something while I was outside…. As far as clear speed is concerned, I hear Area 2 and Area 7 are neck and neck for the first place.”

“2 and 7? I get the Europeans, but what’s up with those Chinese bastards?”

“What’s the point in even asking? You already know what dirty tricks they are using over there. Their Invited all conspire together and as soon as the Tutorial starts, they take the Contracted hostage. I’m sure they are passing the missions while sacrificing the Contracted whenever necessary.”

The balding giant spat out a groan.

“….Fine. What about 2?”

“I heard they are the very example of perfection itself. A French girl named Odelette Delphine has taken over the show. With just pure skills, too. Well, her killing the phantom in front of everyone with the starting bonus she got during the first mission proved to be the decisive factor.”

“Huh. What’s her Mark?”

“Silver. Also, as soon as the second mission began, she succeeded in opening up the path to the computer classroom. She’s bulldozing everything in her way. I think she won’t even need an hour to get to the end. Maybe 50 minutes tops?”

“Wow, what is she, a monster? Europe really found a good seedling this time. What about the rest?”

“Area 5 is doing decent… but, it’s so-so. They’ve had a 30-minute head start for the second mission compared us, so there’s that.”

The giant groaned out again.

“God damn it. At this rate, we aren’t gonna have a single one remaining at the end of the Tutorial.”

“No way. Don’t forget, we have a Gold Mark. It looks like he even has the Diary of the Unknown Student. Surely he’ll be able to clear it with no problems.”

“You think so?”

“I mean, he chased that phantom away with nothing more than his glare, right?”

The curly-haired youth spoke with the aim of consoling the giant man, but the bald giant’s face continued to show how disappointed he was as his eyes remained locked on the screen. Izumi, as shown on the screen, was entering the annex via the pedestrian overpass connecting the two buildings.

"Oi, who is that guy do you know him Hannah"

"Yeah I was the one who invited him after he trashed our candidate on earth breaking both his arms"

"Is he stupid did he even read the message why the hell is he walking towards the challenge like it's nothing at all"

"how the hell am I supposed to know I invited him on a whim after looking at his fight"

Kim Hannah spat out in a voice full of undisguised irritation,

Clang! Clang!

everyone's eyes opened wide in surprise looking at his performance. He was walking through the trap riddled pedestrian overpass without even having a hint of nervousness he looked like he was taking a stroll in the park. All the traps that shot out arrows and spears looked like it was passing through his body like he was intangible 

"Are you seeing what I'm seeing"

"Oi oi is he seriously dodging everything at the last moment and coming back to his original posture at the last moment"

"Where the hell did you find this monster Hannah"

In truth, the second mission wasn’t at all difficult for someone who is a highly trained Earthling would be able to clear it in around 30 minutes even if he was taking his time. 

However, the ones doing the mission right now weren’t the trained Earthlings, but a bunch of weak, powerless civilians. These people hadn’t even experienced a proper war.

The goal of the mission was simple enough – to stop the activation of various traps by fulfilling a set of conditions beforehand. Or, leave it to lady luck to decide. That should have been the case. However…. 

'He's evading everything while purposely trampling on the traps that was on his path'

"Oi, Kim Hannah! Just what’s up with that guy?!”

The bald guy belatedly shouted at Kim Hannah.

Kim Hannah remained quiet for a long while before suddenly opening her mouth.

“For the second mission…. what’s the record for the fastest clear time?”

“The record? You mean, Sung Sihyun-nim’s legendary 29 minutes and 38 seconds?”

Mm, mm. The bald giant nodded his head as if he was proud of something. Meanwhile, Kim Hannah’s head dropped low, and eventually, she began rubbing her face as if she was feeling quite fatigued all of a sudden.

“….This is crazy.”

“What’s crazy?”

[Area 1’s second mission has been cleared.]

The expressions of everyone present became dumbfounded by the sudden announcement.

12 minutes, 04 seconds….

Since he was not going out of his way to deliberately set off traps he could finish this faster than the canon  Seol, dont worry i wont be rewriting the canon with just a different MC he'll be good at some stuff and bad at some stuff 

3