Chapter 6: Neutral zone (1)
97 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

{A/N: I'm skipping the final trial since I have literally no clue how to make a treasure hunt in a school interesting so I will summarize what happened in the third trial below

                              - Izumi shares a meal with Jihu and goes out to find some coins

                              - Izumi finds about 300 coins goes to the fifth floor spins the gatcha machine gets a brand new Iphone, 400 survival points, gauntlets and a sword

                                - after the gatcha draw the gate to the sixth floor opened so Izumi went up and waited for everyone else}

<Izumi's POV>

When I reached the sixth floor

"hee-hey how come you arrived so early it's still the first day you know"

"yeah, well I found the stuff that I wanted from the gatcha so I decided to wait for the rest here"

"So none of the other special rewards were good enough for you"

I scratched my head embarrassed

"well I tried searching for more I looked around the whole floor it looked like someone already cleaned it up leaving nothing left so I decided to come up first thinking there will be a reward for clearing the trial before others"

"Heh~  so what would you do if I said there's no reward for being first?"

"Then tough luck for me then"

The guild started laughing

"hahahaha~ Tough luck huh so what are you gonna do now I won't let you go to the neutral zone without the rest of the candidates"

"well... can you wake me up when everyone else arrives I'm kinda tired from the second trial"

"sure"

-----

'They've finally arrived'

I thought dusting the dirt out of my trousers. Now in front of me there was a round portal glowing faintly red and the blond maid and the guild were standing next to it.

"You've all finally arrived. I must congratulate you on successfully passing all of your missions."

Han gave them a formal greeting. He also looked like a happy man today as well. So much so, he felt like a somewhat different person from the Han of the assembly hall.

"Very good, very good! Now that everyone has gathered here, allow me to officially announce the completion of Area 1's Tutorial!"

Clap, clap, clap, clap!

The blonde maid silently clapped her hands. Of course, no one else followed her example.

'So only seven people passed including me'

"….I'm sure you all wish to enter the portal right away, but regrettably, you will have to wait a little longer. We need to complete the setting of your dispositions, and also…. Most importantly, we need to distribute the completion bonuses as well."

First of all, let us commence with evaluating your level of cognition."

As soon as those words were spoken out, a message popped up in front of everyone's vision.

[5. Level of Cognition]

Actions/Emotions/Disposition

"This is how it should look to you. From the left, Actions, Emotions, and Disposition. Well then, let's start by assessing your Actions."

Suddenly, the left-most column began spinning up and down, just like how it was with a slot machine. Countless words flashed by.

"The first section reflects how you appear to others through your actions and speeches."

As Han's explanation continued the speed of the spin slowed down and in my column the words 'Evil', 'Hypocritical', 'Moderate' passed by before stopping at 'Neutral'

"What?"

Shin Sang-Ah responded to her evaluation as if it was the most absurd thing in the whole world.

"This can't be right! Is this really correct?!"

"I assure you, things will only get tougher for you if you are getting shocked already."

Han chuckled to himself and clapped his hands. Then, the middle column began spinning this time.

"The middle column, 'Emotions', reflects your thought process or what you feel from facing certain events or phenomena. Out of the three, you could say it has the most variability."

My middle column came to a stop on the words 'Excitement'

"And finally…. The last column, 'Disposition'. This one has been raising a lot of controversy for a long time now. The 'Disposition' column indicates your inclination according to your overall personality. There have been numerous cases where this part simply repeats what's been shown on [Temperament] of your Status. However, there have been quite a few cases, where the 'Disposition' and [Temperament] didn't match."

Han's voice became rather serious there.

"How could such a thing be possible? After many debates and research later…. We focused on the fact that [Temperament] was listed under [Traits], while 'Disposition' was listed under the [Level of Cognition]. And so, we arrived at a temporary conclusion.

In my column words such as 'Evil' 'Detestable' 'rational' flashed by quickly before coming to a stop at 'Moderate'.

"If your Temperament is a personality trait formed by interacting with the world at large, Then, your Disposition should indicate your true nature; in other words, the foundation that forms the core of who you are. That's what we decided on."

"If you find that your Disposition and Temperament don't really match, or you find it disagreeable and that you're unhappy with the assessment, allow me to offer you this advice."

Han's voice became as light as air once more.

"If you wish to change your Disposition, then you'd do well to try changing your Temperament first. You see, I personally hold the view that a good Temperament would naturally lead your Disposition towards the nicer path."

And so, the evaluation came to an end. My evaluation results were.

Neutral(You don't go out of your way to help people but you help people who are close to you)/Excited/Moderate(Action and thoughts are sensible)

[Your Status Window is being updated.]

As soon as that was completed, Han ordered everyone to line up in a row in front of the warp gate. And he started awarding survival points to each person.

Yun Seora received 317 points. Shin Sang-Ah, 116. Hyun Sangmin, 302. Yi Sung-Jin, 114. As for Yi Seol-Ah, she could only receive 46 for the things she had done in the assembly hall. As people stepped through the gate and disappeared one by one, My turn arrived

"Hmm your results are pretty good you would have reached the first place if it wasn't for Seol During the first mission for being the first person to reach the second floor you get 300 survival points, and during the second mission getting the fastest clear in history you get 450 survival points for the last mission you get 350 points altogether with your survival points tat you got from the gatcha add up to 1500 points"

"And finally for possessing the bronze mark your total is multiplied by 2, which is now 3000 points. You can now step through the portal"

As soon as I stepped through the portal I found 5 people in front of me in a small room, it looks like we have to wait for Seol to come for us to go.

Soon Seol entered with the blond maid pushing him forward, the maid after looking around once she stepped forward in front of our group and opened the exit door and pointed to the passage before walking in first gracefully.

The passageway was made out of marble it was a long dark like a tunnel, we simply followed the maid until we reached the exit from there we could see lights lighting up a Large empty area that looked like some high end theater, A sense of excitement was filling me up from the inside,

'Do we have to do more tasks, Why are the points named as survival points do we have to survive through those conditions again to get more points, what can we do with these so called survival points'

The rant inside my head was broken by a clean beautiful voice that said

"Korea, Area 1 cleared"

soon more voices sounded out from the hall saying similar things

"Europe, Area 2, cleared."

"Germany, Area 3, cleared."

"North America, Area 4, cleared."

"Asia, Area 5, cleared."

"Africa, Area 6, failed."

"China, Area 7, cleared."

"South America, Area 8, failed."

"Oceania, Area 9, failed."

I heard Hyun Sungmin muttering behind me. But I ignored it not wanting to waste time, The blond maid led our group towards a set of chairs that was situated close to the stage.

After sitting down I looked around to see the other groups/areas, Area 2 had the most number of survivors by a huge margin nearly thirty people had passed their trials. Their leader was a young....girl around sixteen years of age, She possessed curly light brown hair and a bright pair of eyes that seemed to light up with curiosity. The rest of her face revealed with the aid of a white hairband holding her hair back was very memorable as well.

The other group which caught my attention was area 7 in which five people wore identical suits, They were probably in organization on earth as well as here.

The curtains hiding the stage were silently pulled to the side.

Paat!!!

Suddenly, blinding lights bathed the stage.

In the last part of the chapter I tried to show the mental state of the MC dunno if it came out right tho

2